Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:41 pm

Post by DogMom »

Guardian wrote:
DogMom in post 146 wrote:
Guardian wrote: An interesting thing that I note is that DogMom also chastised me about this, and then said that she couldn't see Nanook-scum or Guardian-scum :roll:.
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I
meant
that I couldn't see you two as scumbuddies, doing this as a concerted / coordinated effort.

Jury's still out on which one of you I think is scummier. I'm thinking Nanook, but only because I'm inclined to believe your claim...
FOR NOW
But YB has a lot of 'splainin to do, so I'm going to set aside the "Guardian / Nanook" thing for now.
I will try and say this as concisely as possible. DogMom, I find you as really scummy for this post. Though you denied it later, you strongly implied in this post that one of either Nanook or I must be scum. You set it up as an either or choice, and said you weren't sure which was scummier - either I, the at that time only claimed cop, or Nanook, who outed the at that time only claimed cop... The way you phrased it makes it seem to me like you were trying to paint a target on both our backs even though it at the time seemed obvious to me that we both were town.

Official
FOS: DogMom
for this.
OK, well, I can't
make
you believe anything you don't want to. I know what I meant, and I've said what I meant, and obviously that's not going to change your mind. I don't know what else to say to this.

I meant that I figured at most only one of you could be scummy, and I didn't know which one it was. <shrug> And, to be honest, this game is all about finding scum - I think we all pretty much came in suspecting that
anyone
could be scum. We look for scummy behavior - you've obviously found some you think worth keeping an eye on.
And, what seems obvious to you may not always be obvious to everyone else. Case in point: I thought I was being clear with my post, and obviously I wasn't.
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by DogMom »

Erotomachia wrote:This sort of makes me think that Nekka-Lucifer is just a bored townie, not scum. Or is wrong to draw conclusions from players asking for replacements?
Probably. I've seen the "oh, replacements are usually bored town" argument before, and I just can't buy it. I've seen both scum and town ask for replacements. I can sympathize with him, too - it's tough to keep up with this game if you don't have 24/7 access.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DogMom wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:This sort of makes me think that Nekka-Lucifer is just a bored townie, not scum. Or is wrong to draw conclusions from players asking for replacements?
Probably. I've seen the "oh, replacements are usually bored town" argument before, and I just can't buy it. I've seen both scum and town ask for replacements. I can sympathize with him, too - it's tough to keep up with this game if you don't have 24/7 access.
I too can sympathize with NL due to me not being able to post yesterday as much as I wanted and finding myself play catch up on like 3 pages this early early AM. (Got a bit intoxicated last night)

Anywho, I just assumed that the game was moving like it was due to their being an early deadline onset.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Guardian »

I'm going to still go ahead and take full credit for activity because I am in the game Nanook. ;).

DogMom... I will reconsider, but at this point I think you are just covering up your mistake. Your point about obviousness/not seems like obfuscation to me, but maybe you are actually trying to get something across.

Not much else to respond to at the moment without waiting for ChaosOmega to give us some answers; like MeMe said throwing too wide a net can just lead a lower signal:noise ratio in the game.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Nekka-Lucifer, why not grace us with your observations about what you
have
read? If you don't, I can't help but wonder if you ever got "close to the end" as you claim.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:39 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In regards to whether I think YogurtBandit is a cop or not, there are 4 possible scenarios:

A. Guardian and YogurtBandit are both cops.
B. Guardian is a cop; YogurtBandit is scum.
C. YogurtBandit is a cop; Guardian is scum.
D. YogurtBandit and Guardian are scum.

I don't believe it's D, because that's very risky. I also believe Guardian is a cop. His posts have been helpful, and he seems protown. I thought breadcrumbing his role page 1 was a little strange, but he still looks town to me.

Which leaves A and B as the two most likely scenarios to me. But now I have to go into speculation, thinking about the liklihood of two cops, the way YogurtBandit's been posting, so I'm not very confident one way or the other. I still think YogurtBandit could be scum, but for now I'm going to
unvote
because there is someone else who I'm more suspicious of.

vote: Adel

Adel wrote:Do something scummy or I will be forced to think you are scum :x
I was suspicious of that quote, and it has already been mentioned, but no one's commented on this quote, which you made after Nanosauromo voted for you:
Adel wrote:Nanosauromo: a vote for me is something significant. Thanks for voting. I understand the case against me, what is the case against Nanook?
To me, that just sounds...off. Why is a vote for you significant? And then you thank him? And you understand the case against you...so does that mean you know you're acting scummy?

So explain that second quote for me.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Ok, regarding to Meme's post, I will try to clear something up

All I was meaning was that it's impossible for them both to be scum....
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 am

Post by DogMom »

ENTIRELY OFF-TOPIC:

SNEEZESNEEZESNEEZE

Gah. Sorry for adding to the noise instead of signal in here. Posting to say don't expect anything coherent from me for the rest of the day. All my allergies just attacked me at once and right now I feel like my head has been packed with special StupidCotton. Hoping to post something not quite so much filled with teh stupid tomorrow.

</EO-T>
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:33 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Ok, regarding to Meme's post, I will try to clear something up

All I was meaning was that it's impossible for them both to be scum....
That doesnt answer Her question.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:57 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Ok, sorry for the inconveniance... You obviously seem like the long posting type and I can't take it... Everytime I get close to the end, theres another few pages just posted, and so

Mod: I would like to be replaced please...
Your wish is my command.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:34 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Battle Mage is replacing Nekka-Lucifer. Votecount on the way

Votecount 6

Adel 2 - Nanosauromo, ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega 2 - Adel, Guardian
Nekka-Lucifer
BM 1 - MeMe
Nanosauromo 1 - Erotomachia

Not voting the rest of the town - 7 to hang someone, deadline is some 8 days and 13 hours away.

Point 4 of the rules still holds sway, if you want an extension I will grant one at anytime up to the deadline - if over 50% of the town state they want one
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Adel »

ChaosOmega wrote:
Adel wrote:Nanosauromo: a vote for me is something significant. Thanks for voting. I understand the case against me, what is the case against Nanook?
To me, that just sounds...off. Why is a vote for you significant? And then you thank him? And you understand the case against you...so does that mean you know you're acting scummy?

So explain that second quote for me.
Because voting patterns are useful for analysis, and count as
significant
content, I thanked him. It is like the reverse of a OMGUS. Voting for the person who just voted for you is OMGUS. I am not worried about the case against me, it is clear enough to enough people that I am weird, not scummy.

I am looking forward to BattleMage's take on all of this.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok guys. first off-Hi.
Im reading through the game now. Up until Page 3, i wholeheartedly agree with where the majority of the suspicion is. However i REALLY dislike Nanook's post 62.
I mean, lets say he genuinely noticed that Guardian was hinting cop-something FAR from obvious in his posts. it could easily be a 1 off coincidence as far as he knew. But lets say, it WAS a genuine townie play.
WHY THE HELL WOULD HE BE DIRECTING THE SCUM TO A POTENTIAL COP!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thats role-fishing to the absolute extreme.
If Nanook genuinely thought that Guardian was soft-claiming Cop, he would keep it quiet. i mean, the odds of scum softclaiming cop at this point are FAR slimmer than him being the actual cop. Him calling it suspicious is totally ridiculous.

THEN, perhaps even more surprising, Guardian doesnt get mad about this. He actually declares that Nanook is probably protown, by trying to out the cop. His point is valid and as such i also find it hard to believe that Nanook-scum would make this suspicion so obvious, UNLESS they were BOTH scumbuddies.

It sounds odd that 2 scumbuddies would out themselves that early, but the whole convo strikes me as odd. I could easily see scum doing such a performance, in order for 1 to make himself an accepted cop.

Im still rereading, ill add my thoughts as i come to points of interest.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Adel »

12 pages in 7 days so far... will we need more than 24 pages to lynch someone? It is just a mini.

Could the rest of the town please vote? If someone gets to -3 or -2 to lynch, then don't, but we can at least use our votes to pressure some content out of those we consider may be scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

@Adel, there is no point people voting unless they have some suspicions. making them commit to a vote is a protownish request, but such action could lead to wagonning, and a quick-lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:06 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

theopor_COD wrote:
Battle Mage is replacing Nekka-Lucifer. Votecount on the way

Votecount 6

Adel 2 - Nanosauromo, ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega 2 - Adel, Guardian
Nekka-Lucifer
BM 1 - MeMe
Nanosauromo 1 - Erotomachia

Not voting the rest of the town - 7 to hang someone, deadline is some 8 days and 13 hours away.

Point 4 of the rules still holds sway, if you want an extension I will grant one at anytime up to the deadline - if over 50% of the town state they want one
No! Not Bm :( J/k :D
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Adel »

Battle Mage wrote:@Adel, there is no point people voting unless they have some suspicions. making them commit to a vote is a protownish request, but such action could lead to wagonning, and a quick-lynch.
Hence the caution to stop when someone is at -3 or -2. Or do you think scum would drop the last two votes to hammer a townie? How can people
not
have suspicions at this point? I look at my notes and I don't have nearly enough information on a number of people. Having more votes to look at may help me separate signal from noise.

Someone credited you with the "logic=scumtell" argument. Was that slander?
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Adel wrote:12 pages in 7 days so far... will we need more than 24 pages to lynch someone? It is just a mini.

Could the rest of the town please vote? If someone gets to -3 or -2 to lynch, then don't, but we can at least use our votes to pressure some content out of those we consider may be scum.
Seems like Adel is rushing to end the day.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Adel »

You'll see what I was trying to collect votes for in a couple of hours.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:30 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Battle Mage wrote:ok guys. first off-Hi.
Im reading through the game now. Up until Page 3, i wholeheartedly agree with where the majority of the suspicion is. However i REALLY dislike Nanook's post 62.
I mean, lets say he genuinely noticed that Guardian was hinting cop-something FAR from obvious in his posts. it could easily be a 1 off coincidence as far as he knew. But lets say, it WAS a genuine townie play.
WHY THE HELL WOULD HE BE DIRECTING THE SCUM TO A POTENTIAL COP!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thats role-fishing to the absolute extreme.
If Nanook genuinely thought that Guardian was soft-claiming Cop, he would keep it quiet. i mean, the odds of scum softclaiming cop at this point are FAR slimmer than him being the actual cop. Him calling it suspicious is totally ridiculous.

THEN, perhaps even more surprising, Guardian doesnt get mad about this. He actually declares that Nanook is probably protown, by trying to out the cop. His point is valid and as such i also find it hard to believe that Nanook-scum would make this suspicion so obvious, UNLESS they were BOTH scumbuddies.

It sounds odd that 2 scumbuddies would out themselves that early, but the whole convo strikes me as odd. I could easily see scum doing such a performance, in order for 1 to make himself an accepted cop.

Im still rereading, ill add my thoughts as i come to points of interest.

BM
You know, I was just rethinking this, and the only possible benefit for this that I see is that it might make the revealer seem less scummy because of the thought that the scum could just pm it at night. Also it could insure to scum that more town would leave the cop alone and linch a different townie so the scum could NK the claimed cop that night and are sure to get two townies day/night 1.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by MeMe »

unvote: Battle Mage
vote: Nanosauromo
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

MeMe wrote:
unvote: Battle Mage
vote: Nanosauromo
Do you mind saying why? not once did you ever vote Nanos before unless I missed something. I would understand just unvoting Nekka/BM since it seems your vote on him was a pressure vote.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Adel »

Counts Guardian's unvote/vote/unvote in post #212 as just an unvote

Does not include Adel's 6 person FoS in post #246

Disclaimer: this graphic will probably contain errors or omissions, they are very easy to make. Please vet your own activity and post corrections.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

EBWODP: Oh and
FoS MeMe
for now
-Al Franken-
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:You'll see what I was trying to collect votes for in a couple of hours.
Oh really, and you cant tell us now?

fos:Adel

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”