Newbie 1542: Wikipedia Mafia II [GAME OVER]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Newbie 1542: Wikipedia Mafia II [GAME OVER]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Maestro »

Step 1
: in your browser; navigate to http://www.wikipedia.org

Step 2
: select language encyclopedia of your choice

Step 3
: click the 5th option on the left sidebar ("Random Article")

Step 4
: copy and paste URL address as flavor

Step 5
: profit?!?

Official Playerlist:
  1. fferyllt
    Mdevil **
    ---
    RankStranger
    , replaced during confirmations

2. Roshar
  3. girlinthemoon *
    ---
    davesaz

4. beeboy
    ---
    Disqualified

5. Malakittens
    Fiametta *

6. Wolfy %
  7. TheAdrienC %
    Bins

8. randomidget %
    notscience **

9. Jingle $
%
- indicates a Semi-Experienced (SE) player, a player who has played at least two games on MafiaScum.net
$
- indicates the Inexperience-Challenged (IC) player, a player who has volunteered for a teaching position in this Newbie Game
(their play is governed by the MafiaWiki article on being a good IC)

- indicates a player prodded for inactivity; a player who has two or more prods is likely to be replaced
Maestro
- indicates a player who has been replaced; a player replacement resets all inactivity prods

A Note About SE's and IC's (by Glork)The purpose of the SE (Semi-Experienced) and IC (Inexperience-Challenged) players in this game is to help Newbies understand how the game is played on mafiascum.net. If you have any questions about abbreviations, etiquette, mafia theory, etc., do not hesitate to ask your IC. Newbie games are meant to be educational. That said, remember the following things:

• Because roles were assigned randomly, do not assume that your IC or SE players are town. They will provide you good theory-based information regardless of their alignment, but they are no more likely to be town than any other player in the game.

• There are no stupid questions! If you are unclear about any mafia-related questions ask your IC in thread. The answer to your questions will likely be helpful to everyone in the game.

• The tells and advice listed in the wiki, though useful, will only get you so far. Your IC and SE should be vastly more helpful than the wiki, as they will always be up-to-date.

Spoiler: List of the Living
fferyllt -
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed and Won Day 4
girlinthemoon -
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed and Won Day 4
Malakittens -
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed and Won Day 4
TheAdrienC -
Town Jailkeeper
, Endgamed and Won Day 4

Spoiler: List of the Dead
Wolfy -
Mafia Goon
, Lynched Day 4
randomidget -
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 3
beeboy -
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 2
Roshar -
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night 1
Jingle -
Mafia Goon
, Lynched Day 1

Spoiler: List of the Disgraced (Modkills)

RULES

This is my color. Don't use my color.

* You are expected to be an active participant in this game. Players who have not posted for 2 days [48 hours] will be prodded for inactivity.
* After a prod is sent, players have 1 day [24 hours] to respond
in-thread
in some way, or I will start searching for a replacement.
* If, at any time, a player has received 2 prods for inactivity and would require another prod, I may or may not issue another prod. I
will
start searching for a replacement.

* If you would like to request replacement or declare V/LA at any time, please PM me.
* If you have a personal problem with another player's activity/posting, please PM me.

* Days will be 2 weeks [14 days] in length. Deadline exceptions will only be made in extremely rare circumstances.
* Nights will be 2 days [48 hours] in length. Night deadline exceptions will only be made to accomodate Nighttime replacements.

* Votes will only be counted if they are in a format such as
Vote: Maestro
or VOTE: Maestro and must be on a separate line of text and outside of any spoiler tag. (I will not be held accountable for having missed your vote if this rule is not adhered to.)

* You MAY vote for the option to "No Lynch".
* If "No Lynch" has the most votes at deadline or receives a majority at any point, there will be "No Lynch".
* This is the only way to achieve a "No Lynch" - regular lynching is achieved through plurality. (The first one with the most votes at deadline is lynched.)

* Upon being Lynched or dying overnight, players may make one "Bah!"-type post after they are officially dead. This post may not contain game-related information or any knowledge they may have of the game's setup or the other players. This rule will be enforced by a Modkill or other action that would harm the offending player's faction.

* I
MAY OR MAY NOT
make Dead QTs unless requested. If you want a Dead QT because you're dead, just PM me!

AND FINALLY:

I am aware that I make mistakes. Please PM me about any I may make or address me in bold in-thread.
Do not hash out issues with me in-thread unless the entire playerlist would benefit.

SETUP
Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

This game has been given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles have be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies appropriately, to create a 2-Mafia and 7-Town setup. For example Row 1 (1 Jailkeeper, 1 Vanilla Townie, 1 Mafia Goon) would add an additional 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon, for a total setup of 1 Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-Shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional QT, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.
Last edited by Maestro on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Maestro »

Role PMs have now been sent.
Confirm in the way described.

9 / 9
STANDBY
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Maestro »

Day 1 begins now!

Votecount 1.01 - Wendesday, October 1st @ 1:22 PM EST

Mdevil -
[L-5]

Roshar -
[L-5]

girlinthemoon -
[L-5]

beeboy -
[L-5]

Fiametta -
[L-5]

Wolfy -
[L-5]

Bins -
[L-5]

notscience -
[L-5]

Jingle -
[L-5]

With
[9]
alive it takes
[5]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

ACTIVITY CHECK
:
Please note the confirmation replacements in the OP.

Not Voting:
Mdevil, Roshar, girlinthemoon, beeboy, Fiametta, Wolfy, Bins, notscience, Jingle
Deadline is in ... (expired on 2014-10-15 13:22:00)
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:44 am

Post by girlinthemoon »

Hello :3
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Maestro »

This may be more confusing than I intended... the "instructions" in the OP are "flavortext" - fun extra stuff that mods will write to spice a game during votecounts and death scenes and stuff. Ignore the flavor if you want, carry on.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Roshar »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inermocoel ... crolepidus

That is my second random article. For reasons, I decided not to post the first article.

Hello everyone!

I've been going through different games, and I agree in part with some player's inclination to start a game based on questions on gameplay/experience, rather than solely rely on RVS (random voting stage). Perhaps a combination of the two is ideal. So if everyone wouldn't mind answering these:

1) What do you think are the most efficient ways to play as Town?
2)How active are you/do you intend to be?

I think town should avoid tunnel vision, and get around to putting pressure on as many players as possible.
I'll be quite active - until exam period sets in.

VOTE:Girlinthemoon

Is this your first game?
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 am

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 5, Roshar wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inermocoel ... crolepidus

That is my second random article. For reasons, I decided not to post the first article.

Hello everyone!

I've been going through different games, and I agree in part with some player's inclination to start a game based on questions on gameplay/experience, rather than solely rely on RVS (random voting stage). Perhaps a combination of the two is ideal. So if everyone wouldn't mind answering these:

My second article (you don't even want to know what my first one was :eek: ):
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Hutcheson

1. Looking for mindset
2. I can be pretty active if I feel so inclined :3

I think town should avoid tunnel vision, and get around to putting pressure on as many players as possible.

Is this your first game?

Oh...love! :oops: :good: So what exactly is your stance on RVS?

This is my first game at this site, but I have played elsewhere. And you?
Mdevil
Mdevil
Townie
Mdevil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Mdevil »

In post 5, Roshar wrote:1) What do you think are the most efficient ways to play as Town?

1) Lynch scum
2) As active as I can be.

VOTE: beeboy
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 am

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 7, Mdevil wrote:
In post 5, Roshar wrote:1) What do you think are the most efficient ways to play as Town?

1) Lynch scum
2) As active as I can be.

VOTE: beeboy

He beeeee your scumbuddy?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

Post by beeboy »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Greene
I have a bronze medal \o/

In post 5, Roshar wrote:

I was going to answer the question but wouldn't the scum gain a lot by knowing what we think is good town play as they could adjust there play accordingly to avoid suspicion. I feel like the cons of answering this out way the pros. What do you think town gains with this knowledge that could make me consider?

VOTE: Roshar

@everyone how much experience do you have playing mafia? (SE and IC's could answer if they want
@everyone does anyone have experience with other people in this game, if so who?

I am a somewhat experienced player but the games I have played in haven't been incredibly serious.
Mdevil
Mdevil
Townie
Mdevil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Mdevil »

In post 9, beeboy wrote:@everyone how much experience do you have playing mafia? (SE and IC's could answer if they want
@everyone does anyone have experience with other people in this game, if so who?

I have a lot of experience in live-chat chatroom mafia and one game of forum. They play pretty differently it turns out. I played with Bins.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Roshar »

@beeboy
In post 9, beeboy wrote:

I was going to answer the question but wouldn't the scum gain a lot by knowing what we think is good town play as they could adjust there play accordingly to avoid suspicion. I feel like the cons of answering this out way the pros. What do you think town gains with this knowledge that could make me consider?

VOTE: Roshar

@everyone how much experience do you have playing mafia? (SE and IC's could answer if they want

Not really, I think the purpose of the question is more about avoiding common townie mistakes, like the one I previously stated (tunnel vision) and trying to get everyone to talk a bit. It also gives you an idea on individual play style, and could be used to see if players are consistent. Also, it is getting us out of RVS quite quickly, don't you think? I'm quite pleased with the results, so far.

So, take a look at the responses. How much of a threat to you deem them? How can the responses given above be used by mafia?

As to my experience, I've played quite a few games in another forum, but they were pm based (quite different from the one's hosted here). And it's my first game here, so nope.

In post 6, girlinthemoon wrote:

I can see the benefit of it, as opposed to doing nothing. It gets people talking. How about you? Is there a reason you've decided not to participate in the RVS?
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Roshar »

In post 6, girlinthemoon wrote:

My second article (you don't even want to know what my first one was :eek: ):
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Hutcheson

1. Looking for mindset
2. I can be pretty active if I feel so inclined :3

When would you feel more inclined to be active? When would you be less inclined to be active?
Fiametta
Fiametta
Townie
Fiametta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Fiametta »

In post 5, Roshar wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inermocoel ... crolepidus

Hello everyone!

Is this your first game?

I'll start this out by saying that this is my first game ever, and while I know the rules, I'm not sure about the best way to go about things, but I'll do my best.

Analyze statements that seem to have false information or don't help the town, and use this to hopefully uncover mafia.

I'm pretty active during the day.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:53 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 11, Roshar wrote:
Not really, I think the purpose of the question is more about avoiding common townie mistakes, like the one I previously stated (tunnel vision) and trying to get everyone to talk a bit. It also gives you an idea on individual play style, and could be used to see if players are consistent. Also, it is getting us out of RVS quite quickly, don't you think? I'm quite pleased with the results, so far.

To start of you failed to answer your own question :facepalm: as you said what not to do as town not what to do as town. You said the purpose was to find someones play style while your answer does not give us any idea of what your play style is. This alone is very odd as you are avoiding to give out info while asking others to give that info so we don't have the ability to look for inconsistencies in your posts later in the game. :?

In post 11, Roshar wrote:
So, take a look at the responses. How much of a threat to you deem them? How can the responses given above be used by mafia?

At the time of your post 2 people answered your question 1 person was not serious and other did a 3 word reply. What good came of those responses for town? If those where the responses you wanted it seems like you are trying to find non-relevant answers to make it seem like you are trying to get info out of people. :o
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 12, Roshar wrote:

When would you feel more inclined to be active? When would you be less inclined to be active?

Do you really want to know? Or are you asking questions to ask questions? :)

Also, Roshar, I'm a little confused about your vote. Was it to put pressure on me? It didn't feel like pressure with the explanation of RVS not being very effective on it's own and subsequent questionnaire along with your vote. To answer one of your questions, I'm not participating in RVS because I don't see a point right now... if I'm going to place a vote not out of a true scum read but for pressure, I'd like it to actually have pressure behind it. I think you kind of set us on a slightly different course with your first post.

@Mdevil, why you no answer me about your scum buddy? :(
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 9, beeboy wrote:

I am a somewhat experienced player but the games I have played in haven't been incredibly serious.

What do you mean they haven't been incredibly serious? Were they here or somewhere else? (sorry if you answered that already and I missed it)

1. I've kind of already answered this, but I've played a fair amount of games at another site. First one here.

2. No experience with anyone here.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Wolfy »

Interesting start.
I've played a dozen or so games on this site (hence the SE).
Scum hunt by noting what people do as much as what they say - especially day 1.

VOTE: Notscience
Let's get more people involved.
Mdevil
Mdevil
Townie
Mdevil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Mdevil »

In post 15, girlinthemoon wrote:

I didn't really think I needed to reply to a baseless accusation.

Also, you already show an inconsistency. You elect not to participate in RVS because you don't see a point, then begin to attempt to pressure me in the exact same manner, if not more so as you sought to follow up directly, while not voting. It seems kind of arbitrary.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by beeboy »

[quote="In post 16
What do you mean they haven't been incredibly serious? Were they here or somewhere else? (sorry if you answered that already and I missed it)
[/quote]

Somewhere else as in people do dumb things at times
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 18, Mdevil wrote:
In post 15, girlinthemoon wrote:

I didn't really think I needed to reply to a baseless accusation.

Also, you already show an inconsistency. You elect not to participate in RVS because you don't see a point, then begin to attempt to pressure me in the exact same manner, if not more so as you sought to follow up directly, while not voting. It seems kind of arbitrary.

I was answering her about why I hadn't
voted
, you're making a pretty big jump to imply I said I didn't want to apply pressure. You passing by my question, baseless or not, caught my eye. ;)
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 20, girlinthemoon wrote:
voted
, you're making a pretty big jump to imply I said I didn't want to apply pressure. You passing by my question, baseless or not, caught my eye. ;)

Voting is the best way to apply pressure. Honestly how did you expect MDevil to reply to your question?
Fiametta
Fiametta
Townie
Fiametta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Fiametta »

In post 21, beeboy wrote:
voted

Voting is the best way to apply pressure. Honestly how did you expect MDevil to reply to your question?

I'd still think it'd be better to answer, even if there's only one answer, right?

VOTE: Wolfy
girlinthemoon
girlinthemoon
Goon
girlinthemoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by girlinthemoon »

In post 21, beeboy wrote:
voted

There are many ways to apply pressure. I've already explained that the start to this particular game didn't lead me to feel inclined to vote yet. I'll apply pressure how I like, thanks. And he could answer it however he likes %)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Hello, I'm Jingle, your IC. I recognize roughly half of the player list from vague interactions.

As the IC for this game, I will not lie to you about any mafia theory.

I'm on the way out the door right now, but expect a longer theory post later tonight.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”