Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The thing is, we're almost never going to find any definative 100% proof that someone's a certain role on Day 1, so whether you have proof or not isn't a basis for not lynching someone. Of course, nobody should lynch him YET, but it's evidence, not proof we're looking for.

Talking about Yoghurt here... my posts are so badly constructed >.<
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:36 am

Post by mlaker »

I guess I'll
unvote
, just a wild hunch. *Surveys for next vote*.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Just realised who mlaker
was
and that I've not seen your avatar in ages - you've not posted in this game for more than a week.

Any reason for your lurking? It's pretty obvious you were, since you picked up on the FOS, apparently.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:12 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Xdaamno wrote:Just realised who mlaker
was
and that I've not seen your avatar in ages - you've not posted in this game for more than a week.

Any reason for your lurking? It's pretty obvious you were, since you picked up on the FOS, apparently.
I actually had not seen him post at all...
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Thok »

Official vote count

McStab (2): (YogurtBandit, A Papaya)
Xdaamno (2): (Fletcher, inHimshallibe)
IH (1): (Xdaamno)
A Papaya (1): (IH)
YogurtBandit (1): (xyzzy)
Fletcher (1): (Haschel Cedricson)
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
mlaker (0):
xyzzy (0):
Haschel Cedricson (0):
inHimshallibe (0):

Not Voting (3): (McStab, The Central Scrutinizer, mlaker)

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Oh, I'm voting IH?

Unvote
Vote: mlaker
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Fletcher »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Lastly, I am going to
Vote: Fletcher
. I am tenetively sure that Nekka_Lucifer was pro-town. In Fletcher's post 150, I think he's trying to steer us into believing that Nekka-Lucifer was scum.
I was not trying to "steer" anybody. I think I made it obvious that I was stating my opinion about Nekka and was trying to gauge other's at the same time. Thus the statement "I think it would be very helpful for us to think about whether or not Nekka-Luicifer was scum." If you don't agree with my suspicions that's fine, but I feel as if this is purely because you disagree with me.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:I noticed that Fletcher has stated that he would "be fine with a no-lynch", and as an experienced player, he should know better. I also noted that he never actually voted No Lynch; I think that he's attempting to get others on the No Lynch bus without getting on it himself.
I always consider no lynch a possiblility, but in this case I think it could very much be helpful. Let's just pretend for a second that you agree with my suspicions on Nekka. Wouldn't
you
think it would be a valid idea to no lynch too? I think he has a good chance at being scum. A no lynch would confirm that. A confirmation is very nice because it lets us observe his actions and consider his connections to other players. If we don't no lynch we go a lynch without that possible knowledge.

I am not sure that Nekka was scum, so I am not just going to vote no lynch. I'm simply saying that it is a viable option if we run out of other ideas. Tell me you at least agree with that.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Finally, he brings up the fact that he has had a long leave of absence from Mafia several times, and I think this may be to provide an excuse for sub-optimal play under the guise of rust.
I've never brought this up in defense of my actions. I've only done so whenever I didin't understand why another did or thought something they did.
A Papaya wrote:@No Lynch:

It's a stupid idea. Because if we don't lynch anyone at all today, we're going to be in the same spot as we were, minus players from nightkills. It's lose-lose.

FOS: Everyone who voted No Lynch
This is not true. On a normal Day 1, yes, but this day is very much different from a normal day because we lost Nekka. If we no lynch we still get the ifo about Nekka.

It's odd because I'm am certainly not an outspoken advocate of no-lynch normally, but I feel you guys are being blind to the pros of a perfectly legitimate play.
McStab wrote:Sorry for being so inactive, I just generally don't post much day one, there's only minor missteps by the scum and/or townies, suspicions and random votes. Day two is much more interesting, and you can catch scum alot better, because who they kill in the night and who is lynched day one helps determine who's scum. I try to stay out of Day 1 because to me it's just a chance for a townie to be lynched quickly by a minor misstep. Now if something large happens, such as someone does a major scum tell, then I can see voting there, but until there's some evidence involving who got killed/lynched, I'm not really too active. I check the thread, I just don't see much to say.
Although this is maddening as hell, I don't understand why it warrants a vote. Anyone care to explain?

Right now I am leaning away from Xdaamno and more to TCS. I feel like he hasn't really tried to figure out anything. He is just moving from one suspicious person to the next. None of his attacks are pressing, nor are they very well thought out. Is this his normal play?

For now
Unvote: Xdaamno
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:32 am

Post by mlaker »

My computer was literally gone for those two weeks, my house is being completely redone and there was no place to hook up a computer, that and finals caused my inaction. Sorry for it. I've got full access now so my avatar and I shall be your constant companions through this game. Questions for Xdaamno: What FOS? Nothing seems to have progressed much, is there any reason why I warrant a vote? Could you explain other than "you thought I was lurking"?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Questions for Xdaamno: What FOS? Nothing seems to have progressed much, is there any reason why I warrant a vote? Could you explain other than "you thought I was lurking"?
It's not exactly like I'm going to lynch you, is it? Votes are much better for pressure than FOS, and in general FOSs are more assosciated with scumhunting and votes are ambigious.

Though I've probably ruined it now; I explain myself everytime I do this XD
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by IH »

Will post before I leave. Gone from Sunday til Friday
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by mlaker »

Why exactly are you applying pressure? I know you aren't lynching me, but are you trying?
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Fletcher »

You got any thoughts on the game mlaker?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Alright, Question Time.

Fletcher: Let's assume that your theory is correct and N-L was scum. Who is probably his scumpartner, based on how people interacted with him?

TCS: You revised your thoughts on Xdaamno and removed your vote. However, you didn't put it back on YogurtBandit, who you were confident about earlier. Why not? The only reason you unvoted Yogurt in the first place was to put pressure on Xdaamno. Have you revised your thoughts about Yogurt? If so, why?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Xdaamno »

mlaker wrote:Why exactly are you applying pressure? I know you aren't lynching me, but are you trying?
Pressure > No Pressure

I might as well be doing
something
than sitting around in this thread.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:19 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Alright, Question Time.

Fletcher: Let's assume that your theory is correct and N-L was scum. Who is probably his scumpartner, based on how people interacted with him?

TCS: You revised your thoughts on Xdaamno and removed your vote. However, you didn't put it back on YogurtBandit, who you were confident about earlier. Why not? The only reason you unvoted Yogurt in the first place was to put pressure on Xdaamno. Have you revised your thoughts about Yogurt? If so, why?
Short version: I intend to do a complete reread before I vote again.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I don't care for this unvoting without any followup votes.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 am

Post by mlaker »

I don't really see much to comment on, to me nothing is really going down. I think Voting for me because I have computer problems is a little suspicious. Xdaamno is my top bet for scum.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

mlaker wrote:I don't really see much to comment on, to me nothing is really going down. I think Voting for me because I have computer problems is a little suspicious. Xdaamno is my top bet for scum.
Well, he thought you were lurking. I understand that you had computer problems, it could happen to anybody.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Short version: I intend to do a complete reread before I vote again.
Can we hear the long version? I mean, we all have time. :wink:
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

mlaker wrote:I don't really see much to comment on, to me nothing is really going down. I think Voting for me because I have computer problems is a little suspicious. Xdaamno is my top bet for scum.
Uhm... I realised I was voting for someone else, then looked at the possible candidates and chose one I'd like to hear the most from (Thus, a pressure vote). I try to keep my vote productive.

Pressure voting is almost completed unrelated to scum hunting.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Xdaamno wrote:
Uhm... I realised I was voting for someone else, then looked at the possible candidates and chose one I'd like to hear the most from (Thus, a pressure vote). I try to keep my vote productive.

This is a clever guise to conceal your true voting records. Mhm.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:19 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Hey, sorry guys I've got a lot of stuff at work and my contributions will be reduced... I have about 75% of a pbpa for the whole thread that will go up when all is complete.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:

Drats; I've been completely figured out.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:14 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Xdaamno wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:

Yup, let's string him up!

PARTICIPATION, anyone?
Show

:

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Xdaamno »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:

Yup, let's string him up!

PARTICIPATION, anyone?
What's that, an acronym?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”