Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by Guardian »

NanoS, I think it is typical to breadcrumb early; breadcrumbing midgame would suggest (to me, at least) that I was scum that thought of doing it later, and was not doing it because I am a cop.

This is a hard point for me to get across, because I don't find Nanook particularly scummy. But I am not at all tied to or married to Nanook. If Nanook acts scummy then we should lynch him. If he acts townlike, then we should not. People keep bringing up a tie between Nanook and I, and I want to make it clear that no such tie exists; if he turns up scum I don't want people rehashing Adel's theory on me.

Erotomachia, I see where you are coming from on saying Kelly checking the setup makes two cops plausible, but outguessing the mod always seems to work out badly. I don't understand you going beyond that and defending YB though; why do you not want to hold him up to public scrutiny? If it looks like he is town, then I might buy, at least temporarily, that there are indeed two cops in the game. Be if not, I can definitely see him as scum fake claiming. Two cops in a mini normal is indeed rare.

ChaosOmega, I still want your thoughts on DogMom and YB. BM, I still want to hear what you think about Adel.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by Adel »

FoA: Guardian

Finger of acquittal. I withdraw my earlier suspicions and accusations. Unless Battlemage develops some
really
compelling reason why my original Nanook+Guardian scumpair theory is correct, Guardian is now on my lowest tier of suspicion.

If anyone can find something compelling in his post history, please share it. I do not see any major tells.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

MeMe wrote:Guardian, if NanookTheWolf is town, he has just as much right to be irritated with you as you do with him. You going out of your way to say "I think he's town because he wouldn't have done that" just paints a target on his back if he
is
. See, telling everyone "hey -- I probably won't be willing to lynch so and so because I think they're town" means that scum won't want that person around. They prefer to leave people alive who might be lynched (which goes back to my first point)...so vocalizing belief in others isn't what town should be doing at this point -- save that for endgame.

Town are looking for scum. If you think you've identified town -- great, but keep a lid on it unless they're about to be lynched.
Adel, I made the mistake of fingering Nanook as town earlier in the game. At least two or three more people have followed in my blundering footsteps, calling people very likely town or whatnot, and I or others have chastised them for it. And then you finger of acquittal me?

I mean, thanks for the FoA, I find it reasonable for you to
think
that, but why
it? The only reason for a player to do this at this point is because they have not been reading the thread carefully at all (which I don't believe is true in your case) or because they are scum trying to make a friend. Please explain the FoA :?.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by Adel »

My rationale is that I am trying to reduce the signal to noise ratio. That is why I chose the words, "I withdraw my earlier suspicions and accusations." I now think the noise I generated in your direction earlier was mostly noise. Knowing my luck, the act of me trying to reduce noise will only add to it. I gotta try though :)

Is that enough of an explanation for you?
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Guardian wrote:I don't understand you going beyond that and defending YB though; why do you not want to hold him up to public scrutiny? If it looks like he is town, then I might buy, at least temporarily, that there are indeed two cops in the game. Be if not, I can definitely see him as scum fake claiming. Two cops in a mini normal is indeed rare.
Well, I figure it might be more valuable to keep YogurtBandit around today and see what happens during the night. That way we can also see what he has to say for himself on Day 2. I'm not saying I fully trust him and that he should never be lynched. But in the short-run it'll be interesting to hear his investigation results.

I guess you're right about "outguessing the mod."
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:Nanook: Would you be willing to weigh in on all of this? We haven't heard much from you other than the cop stuff.
Nanook?
Are you out there?
I am here .. I've only really been able to get a quick skim over the thread and with there being so much info out there, you guys will have to wait until I'm off from work which is around 5pm EsT ..
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:38 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Still waiting to hear from YB. I did a search, and he's been active on other games. Would you like to respond to what I've said YB?
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:42 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

YagamiLight wrote:Still waiting to hear from YB. I did a search, and he's been active on other games. Would you like to respond to what I've said YB?
Whats the question?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Adel »

YL: try asking a specific question. Looking through your posts it isn't clear to me what you want to hear from him.

Just trying to help.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:44 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Erotomachia wrote:
Guardian wrote:I don't understand you going beyond that and defending YB though; why do you not want to hold him up to public scrutiny? If it looks like he is town, then I might buy, at least temporarily, that there are indeed two cops in the game. Be if not, I can definitely see him as scum fake claiming. Two cops in a mini normal is indeed rare.
Well, I figure it might be more valuable to keep YogurtBandit around today and see what happens during the night. That way we can also see what he has to say for himself on Day 2. I'm not saying I fully trust him and that he should never be lynched. But in the short-run it'll be interesting to hear his investigation results.

I guess you're right about "outguessing the mod."
Hmm, You're obviously right, Im just not sure I will live to tell my results.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Guardian »

Erotomachia, good point; it indeed seems to be the best play to let both claimed cops live and see what happens, despite how suspicious one might be of either of them. Lynching me, or lynching YB if he is also a cop, will only make the mafia not even have to use a NK on that person.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Adel »

New tactic:
Do not lynch until there are
two
probable candidates, each with about enough support to lynch. This will force players to take a pretty serious position on two players, which will be good information regardless of the results of investigations and the eventual lynch
Debating the merits of the cases against two good candidates will generate lots of information for later analysis, and act as a quality assurance check. Support of this tactic will require a deadline extension.

Mod: respectfully request deadline extension
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Adel, I joined this game because of the two week deadlines. Deadlines are typically bad for the town, but I joined this game because of the strict deadlines, and I really don't want to see them get fluid.

By the way, I didn't respond if your explanation is good enough because I am not sure yet. I can see you making it as both town or scum; if you are town then at face value it is understandable (though I still would not have made the FoA), removing noise and all; if you are scum I can definitely see you as trying to backtrack away from all your arguments against the cop.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Adel »

Sometimes I think I would be better off if I just lurked.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:34 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I'm sorry, thought it was clear, but what I had wanted was a comment from him about the contradictions and why I must be scum for pointing them out.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:47 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Adel wrote:
Deadline request will be granted if seven of you request it. Otherwise the deadline will remain and occur in about a week
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Adel »

Adel wrote:Sometimes I think I would be better off if I just lurked.
Damnit, it didn't stop to consider how scummy that sounds. What I meant was: would it be better for town if I stopped posting for a while? It seems to me that I am generating more noise than anything else so far.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Guardian »

theopor_COD in the queue wrote:Just to let you all know I'm planning on a two week deadline for every day phase, games got to be over by end of July as I'm away on my hols. Therefore if you want a quick game sign-up, lurkers will be banished from Theoville :P
I feel betrayed :\. I am conflicted, because I know it will help us find scum, but I really wanted a faster game...
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:
Damnit, it didn't stop to consider how scummy that sounds. What I meant was: would it be better for town if I stopped posting for a while? It seems to me that I am generating more noise than anything else so far.
Yeah Nice cover up.

vote:Adel
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:03 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Guardian wrote:
theopor_COD in the queue wrote:Just to let you all know I'm planning on a two week deadline for every day phase, games got to be over by end of July as I'm away on my hols. Therefore if you want a quick game sign-up, lurkers will be banished from Theoville :P
I feel betrayed :\. I am conflicted, because I know it will help us find scum, but I really wanted a faster game...
If you want to keep the deadlines don't request em simple as . . . 15 pages of posts in one week, is quite awesome, I have no doubt the game will be over by the time I jet off to Cyprus.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:27 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'd rather save deadline time for later in the game if needed .. right now the game is moving right along, and personally I think that we have more then enough to read through as it is ...

As for all of the posts that I've read nothing sticks out more then any other. This game has been more 'ranting' then anything else, and normally I am an active and hopefully productive player, but I find it hard to insert anything substantial to this discussion.

I enjoy analyzing a post when I have the opportunity, but when the arguments have already been answered, what would you like me to add?

I refuse to post a pbpa btw as I don't think that it helps town anymore then it does scum, so that's not something that you'll get from me. I do report things that I find to be suspicious, so if you want that, then you'll have to wait until I see it.

That's all I got as of right now.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Streeflo »

I like fast games. That's why I signed up for this one.

Please don't lurk, lurking is bad.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Adel »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Adel wrote:
Yeah Nice cover up.

vote:Adel
What is this? Page 2? Put it into the contest of my four(!) pages of writing so far in this game. Creating noise is something I am very guilty of. Being scum isn't. It isn't like I outed a power role or something (sorry Nanook) I just choose poor words. See Hanlon's razor.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Adel wrote:New tactic:
Do not lynch until there are
two
probable candidates, each with about enough support to lynch. This will force players to take a pretty serious position on two players, which will be good information regardless of the results of investigations and the eventual lynch
Debating the merits of the cases against two good candidates will generate lots of information for later analysis, and act as a quality assurance check. Support of this tactic will require a deadline extension.

I think we have more than two candidates already. Or are you just trying to buy time for yourself?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:What is this? Page 2? Put it into the contest of my four(!) pages of writing so far in this game. Creating noise is something I am very guilty of. Being scum isn't.
It isn't like I outed a power role or something (sorry Nanook) I just choose poor words.
See Hanlon's razor.
What are you sorry for .. You stated the what you see as truth? I will argue that I find you finger pointing as a bit of a way out though.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”