Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

DogMom
DogMom
Goon
DogMom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 am

Post by DogMom »

Coupla things:
From what I've seen it's pretty common to breadcrumb early. I breadcrumbed "Doc" my 3rd post to Newbie 328. I think it'd be more suspicious if the breadcrumbing had happened later on in the game; it'd look more like he was scum setting up a false-claim after suspicion had started to aim toward him.
(I've seen it before, which is why I mentioned it here.)

@ Adel: where did you get that two-person-under-suspicion quote you used?

And, for them what's don't know what it is and don't want to look it up,
That Thing That Hanlon Shaves With wrote: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
*snert*. QFT. I think I'm gonna embroider that on a shirt.
[i]I am my dog's sock puppet.[/i]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Adel »

Dog_mom: the quote is original, I just put it in a box to offset it from everything else.

Nanook: I was just being polite. You've taken enough grief for that already, and I didn't want to cause you more.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:08 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:Dog_mom: the quote is original, I just put it in a box to offset it from everything else.

Nanook: I was just being polite. You've taken enough grief for that already, and I didn't want to cause you more.
I didn't take offense to the comment Adel, I just suggested that you were using that remark as a defense as to why you're not acting scummy .. Has nothing to do with my personal feelings, Just an observation.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Adel »

Nanosauromo wrote:I think we have more than two candidates already. Or are you just trying to buy time for yourself?
Yeah with two votes on me (at the time of that post) I was really worried about getting quick-lynched.

Could you lay out your full case against me? So far in your 11-post post history I see you accusing me of trying to speed things up, slow things down, and nail me for my two crappy lines out of four pages of text. Lets see how many scumtells you generate by the time you've typed out half as many words as me.

Mind you, I'm not promoting word count as an indicator of innocence, just pointing out that a whole lot of writing risks sloppy syntax.

What is you case Nanosauromo?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Adel »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I didn't take offense to the comment Adel, I just suggested that you were using that remark as a defense as to why you're not acting scummy .. Has nothing to do with my personal feelings, Just an observation.
Well, I was using the remark as a defense, by giving some perspective with the comparison.

You bit my head off earlier, so I was trying to be sensitive about it. I was calling you stupid in an indirect way by comparing my stupid action to your's, but I didn't want to cause offense.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Guardian »

I am really beginning to think that YB is scum faking, and that we are in a one cop game. His wavering back and forth, his reasons for claiming, his self-contradictions, and backtracking all make me think he is uncofident scum. That being said, even if I thought he was by far the most scummy player (which I do not), it seems like it would possibly
still
be a bad idea to lynch him for the sole reason that there is some small potential that he is a second cop.

Adel I have been suspicious of for most of the game, she created a lot of noise that she is trying to backtrack from, and has had some really, really scummy posts. I could be OK with an Adel lynch.

DogMom is my last main candidate at the moment, I still get bad vibes from that post I quoted, and I think she overreacted when I interrogated her. I could be OK with a DogMom lynch.

The remaining players mostly fall into two categories... On the one hand, we have players who have been posting, contributing, and yet managing not to draw almost any suspicion to themselves (which could be good town strategy, and could be scum hiding). On the other, we have lurkers. Drawing the lurkers out of the shadows is definitely a good idea.
Guardian wrote:ChaosOmega, I still want your thoughts on DogMom and YB. BM, I still want to hear what you think about Adel.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Guardian wrote:I am really beginning to think that YB is scum faking, and that we are in a one cop game. His wavering back and forth, his reasons for claiming, his self-contradictions, and backtracking all make me think he is uncofident scum. That being said, even if I thought he was by far the most scummy player (which I do not), it seems like it would possibly
still
be a bad idea to lynch him for the sole reason that there is some small potential that he is a second cop. <snip>
I completly agree with this including the part about not lynching him yet, but I still would like him to at least explain why he said I was scum for pointing them out.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:Adel I have been suspicious of for most of the game, she created a lot of noise that she is trying to backtrack from, and has had some really, really scummy posts. I could be OK with an Adel lynch.
Could you wait until ChaosOmega and Nanosauromo explain their cases against me before you air your's? They need a chance to post some good content since both have been lurking pretty hard. I admit that I am a decent candidate thanks to some sloppy & excessive posting, so it shouldn't be too hard for them.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

Adel: OK... but I am waiting for BM's thoughts on you, as well, so don't be surprised when after three other players post cases/thoughts on you, that my opinions have something in common with theirs.
Do not lynch me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by MeMe »

Just a FTR comment
: I also signed up for the game because of the deadlines -- if seven people ask for an extension, I'll be a sad MeMe.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:Adel: OK... but I am waiting for BM's thoughts on you, as well, so don't be surprised when after three other players post cases/thoughts on you, that my opinions have something in common with theirs.
I don't think anyone has accused you of lurking. No worries.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Adel wrote:What is you case Nanosauromo?
Adel, post 270: wrote:I understand the case against me.
Why ask if you already understand it?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:29 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian, a thing that my mind has just brought attention to me, I was thinking if we really are both cops,
The Mafia could kill one and blame the other for lying
Which would kill both cops, If not both townspersons. I mean come on. We must really be aware that lynching one of us isnt the smart thing to do. Even if I am scum, would I really want you lynched? No.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount 8

Adel 3 - YogurtBandit, Nanousauromo, ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega 2 - Adel, Guardian
Nanosauromo 2 - MeMe, Erotomachia

Not Voting - Battle Mage, DogMom, YagamiLight, Streeflo, NanookTheWolf

It's 7 to lynch and the deadline is now 5 days, 15 hours or so away.

I'll check if anyone needs a prodding.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Adel »

A game just finished where Dog_mom won as scum I won't even attempt to meta-game her, but the information is there is some else wants to.

Nanosauromo- because there is the beginnings of a wagon on me, I wanted a chance to respond, you haven't posted much content so far, and I don't want scum to be able to coast behind the opinions of Guardian.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:01 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:EBWODP: Arg, bloody quote tags!
dogmom wrote: then pops in to change his vote, with virtually no input.

Okay, I'll explain my actions then.

In the beginning, Nanookthewolf simply seemed scummy because he voted along with Gaurdian, following Gaurdian's "logic" but not explaining what this "logic" was. For a while, he seemed like the scummiest guy around, and thus I kept my vote on him.

But then Adel came along. His catch-22 of
"Do something scummy or I will be forced to think you are scum."
tipped off my scum detector. He now seemed more scummy than Nanook. He was now my prime candidate for a lynch. His pressuring of people to vote quickly reinforced my belief.

With that said, Theo, can we get a vote count?

yeh sure, give me ten mins. I deleted your previous duplicated post
I'm going to do something with my vote which I thought I already had, but for whatever reason the post isn't there .. hmm.

Vote: Nanosauromo

I'm voting for you based on your reasoning placed against Adel. I find it hard to believe that for as long as you've been pressing for a lynch against myself and how you've felt about Guardian that the above underlined quote from Adel made you change your mind so easily. I don't want to have your vote placed back onto me obviously, but how could something that I would normally take as a light matter, seem to so easily change your mind on who you find most likely scum?

I just think that you believe that Adel would be an easier lynch, hence why you changed your strategy is all.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Guardian »

YogurtBandit wrote:Guardian, a thing that my mind has just brought attention to me, I was thinking if we really are both cops,
Which would kill both cops, If not both townspersons. I mean come on. We must really be aware that lynching one of us isnt the smart thing to do.
Even if I am scum, would I really want you lynched? No.
YB... if you are scum, you
most definitely
want me lynched. You, as scum, would
say
that you don't want me lynched, but you would rather I got lynched and you had your NK to aim elsewhere. Saying that as scum you wouldn't want me lynched... makes little sense and is scummy.

Also, please address YL's points.
Do not lynch me.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I think we need to hear from Battle Mage and Chaos Omega.

Adel has made some strange suggestions and probably posted too much, but I like her contributions. I feel that we can make a better choice Day 1.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Adel »

While I am very close to voting for Nanosauromo, in his defense he has no other activity in other threads. I'll wait for a post from him before I decide.

On the other hand, if you go to the profile screen belonging to Battle Mage, and list all posts by that user, you have to look through 2&1/2 pages to find his last Theoville post. Those of you who've played with him before, which is more likely:
a. he forgot about this game, and didn't add it to his watched topics or something
b. he is using lurking as a deliberate tactic.

His game-post average is over 13 a day.

Battle Mage, where are you?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Adel »

Edit: I'm also waiting for a post from ChaosOmega before I may decide to change my vote from him to Nanosauromo. CO had a little post activity ~8 hours and ~30 hours after last posting on here on Thursday.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:Guardian, a thing that my mind has just brought attention to me, I was thinking if we really are both cops,
Which would kill both cops, If not both townspersons. I mean come on. We must really be aware that lynching one of us isnt the smart thing to do.
Even if I am scum, would I really want you lynched? No.
YB... if you are scum, you
most definitely
want me lynched. You, as scum, would
say
that you don't want me lynched, but you would rather I got lynched and you had your NK to aim elsewhere. Saying that as scum you wouldn't want me lynched... makes little sense and is scummy.

Also, please address YL's points.
What are Yl's points?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Guardian wrote:ChaosOmega, I still want your thoughts on DogMom and YB.
After reading over all her posts, I think DogMom is town. Some of her posts have just been noise, but most have been helpful, including an analysis of each player. Most of the time that she came under suspicion was because of her confusion over something.

As for YogurtBandit, you still seem scummy to me. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now is because you claimed cop, and there's no real evidence to refute it.
YogurtBandit wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:Sometimes I think I would be better off if I just lurked.
Damnit, it didn't stop to consider how scummy that sounds. What I meant was: would it be better for town if I stopped posting for a while? It seems to me that I am generating more noise than anything else so far.
Yeah Nice cover up.

vote:Adel
You seemed real quick there to jump on the bandwagon, even after she realized what she said. And as you said,
YogurtBandit wrote:a Bandwagon + a Scumtell = Vote
I'm not going to vote you, since I want to see your "results" on Day 2, but I think you're scum.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Nanosauromo wrote:EBWODP: Arg, bloody quote tags!
dogmom wrote: then pops in to change his vote, with virtually no input.

Okay, I'll explain my actions then.

In the beginning, Nanookthewolf simply seemed scummy because he voted along with Gaurdian, following Gaurdian's "logic" but not explaining what this "logic" was. For a while, he seemed like the scummiest guy around, and thus I kept my vote on him.

But then Adel came along. His catch-22 of
"Do something scummy or I will be forced to think you are scum."
tipped off my scum detector. He now seemed more scummy than Nanook. He was now my prime candidate for a lynch. His pressuring of people to vote quickly reinforced my belief.

With that said, Theo, can we get a vote count?

yeh sure, give me ten mins. I deleted your previous duplicated post
I'm going to do something with my vote which I thought I already had, but for whatever reason the post isn't there .. hmm.

Vote: Nanosauromo

I'm voting for you based on your reasoning placed against Adel. I find it hard to believe that for as long as you've been pressing for a lynch against myself and how you've felt about Guardian that the above underlined quote from Adel made you change your mind so easily. I don't want to have your vote placed back onto me obviously, but how could something that I would normally take as a light matter, seem to so easily change your mind on who you find most likely scum?

I just think that you believe that Adel would be an easier lynch, hence why you changed your strategy is all.
I kept my vote on you because nobody was acting particularly scummy; you were simply the least non-scummy player (If that makes any sense). There was no-one to change to, so I kept it on you. By the time Adel's scumminess was accumulating, any negative opinions I had about you had mostly withered away. Thus, the change.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Guardian »

CO, thanks for your analysis. It seems well thought through, like most of your posts; keep contributing like that ;). I'm going to have to disagree with you on DogMom, but I do agree on YB...

YB, answer, now.
YagamiLight wrote:I'm sorry, thought it was clear, but what I had wanted was a comment from him about the contradictions and why I must be scum for pointing them out.
I can see the case on NanoS; I want to hear more from him before I decide whether or not to place a vote.

NanoS, even if you are just restating what others or yourself have said, explain clearly why you think Adel is the most scummy.
Do not lynch me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:Gaurdian's leaning towards scum, due to the scummy Nanook following his lead. I'm not familiar with breadcrumbing, but it seems like he started doing it way too early.

As for Yogurt (one of my favorite words, BTW), I haven't formed a clear opinion on him yet.
This post was only one day prior to the one where you unvoted ... :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”