Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I would also like to hear some real content from Dylan on other subjects; such as, who else he thinks is scummy, who seems pro-town to him at the moment, and anything else he'd like to comment on.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Sparks »

you knwo what is an interesting dilemna? if you think the person that has challenged you is protown

i have no idea what i would do in that situation
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Stewie »

Sparks wrote:oh and i proofreaded that post twice stewie, i hope youre happy.
It's not perfect, but it's much better than every other post you made so far, so that's good.

I'm not voting until I hear a lot more from dylan. I really don't know what his thoughts are, and this would be a great opportunity to get them out. A good idea would be for you to answer one of spark's posts, in particular one which was not answered already. Then comment on the previous bandwagons, etc.

And don't hold back just because it's early, we need to get this game moving quickly.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Agreed. We only have 6 days, and everyone needs to vote before then to avoid modkills, so we don't have much time to waste here.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm here content coming.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I've been busy and that is why I have only posted once.

As for my one post, the point of it was to point out that if the group of six can get a general ideal of who is else is in the group we can end this imediately. If we can get one or two scum early our numbers will make it hard for either group to win.

I don't like Nominating both poeple to be in the debate. I thinks it is best, (if we have to use the nom. system) to nom. just one and let that one person choose who to go up with. It will give us insight into what the person we nominated is thinking and keep the smaller groups a little more cautious of attacking poeple and trying to get poeple nominated.

Sparks play is annoying and illogical. That does not nescacarilly make sparks scum. It dosn't look good, but it is not definitive proof.

Mostly I can't make heads or tails of sparks actions because they don't really make sense no matter what side sparks is on.

Dylan has contributed very little and I agree that I would like to get some info out of him before voting.

This speculation that scum can talk during the day is kind of scary. Being able to strategize on the fly is extremely dangerous.
DanMonkey
DanMonkey
Townie
DanMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by DanMonkey »

Alright, after re-reading the thread, I'm finding Sparks to be the scummiest of the two nominees (and the most annoying) , so I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Dylan.
I find Sparks to be accusative, loud, and generally harmful to discussion, which could be scumtells. I'm pretty sure he's scum, but even if he's not I really don't think we'll be better off with him in the game.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Sparks »

i think the above post speakings for itself about how dylan's not paying any attention to danmonkey but paying a lot to deanwinchester fits.

since when are "loud" and "accusative" scumtells? i like how danmonkey even knows this using the words "could be." people need to stop and think what teh word scuimmy means. you are saying scum are mroe likely to be lud and accustaive which draws tons of attention to themselves and someone who is loud and accusative is better than someone who has made no contributions, you are either a) not thinkijng at all b) protecitng someone
THIS IS MY NOW !!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

At present, I'm inclined to back Sparks. His play may have been offensive, but I've found him more logical lately, and if nothing else in his case we have plenty to go on later. Dylan needs to contribute or die.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by Sparks »

i know this is going to look bad for me but thsi game is goin to continue well after im dead so i'll still be invested.

im willing to give him a little bit of access leeway. i still expect posts every 24 hrs at like a minimum but i dont believe he should be jumped on yet for the frequency of his posts beucase he probably is less able to access tha ni am (i can access for many short bursts around the day). the content is another metter though when he actualy is around and that better start apperin quickly preferably within 3 days so we can get some good long arguments.
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Sorry I didn't have time to make a proper post during the weekend -- this thread demanded a proper read.

I've now read the thread, and unfortunately it seems to be taken up entirely by Sparks and his deluded nonsense.

Even if he's a townie, the I want him out of the game, for all he does is spout unhelpful, illogical crap. His reference to "HOMOSEXUAL NOMINATION SYSTME" [sic] encapsulates all the reasons why the Town can't win with him in the game. I completely agree with Yosarian2:
Yosarian2 wrote:At this point, I want to lynch you just because I don't see us accomplishing anything else or making any progess in finding scum so long as you continue to rant and scream and insult people in long incomprehensible posts that ramble on about nothing.
In fact, I do think he is probably scum. I think he really gave himself away in post 55. mneme speculated on whether scum could talk during the day, but Sparks obviously knows they can't. I think he knows that from his role PM. As The Fonz said:
The Fonze wrote:Frankly, Sparks, I'm quite glad you look scummy. It gets me off the hook of a moral dilemma- you see, your homophobic and personally abusive comments are making this game much less enjoyable for me, but of course if they were combined with a general appearance of townishness, I'd have to weigh the desire to get rid of you with my duty to my town-mates to search out scum. Fortunately, I don't have to.
I feel the same.

Apart from the Sparks debacle, the only thing of substance in the thread is the matter of the lurkers, of whom dylan is the worst. Yes I know I didn't post over the weekend, but I was active before and you'll see I'm active now.

So who to vote for? Since my vote is irrevocable, I won't lay it down just yet, but I can't see that I'm likely to do anything other than vote to keep dylan. I've made the point about lurkers (active or otherwise) and I'm going to nominate him first thing Day 2 unless there is a significant improvement between now and then. But my desire to get rid of Sparks is so overwhelming that it trumps even that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

If you do that, Stoof, I'm voting for him. Challenging a lurker first thing is sooo scummy it's untrue. You completely curtail nomination debate, yet you've got a good shot at winning just because he isn't likely to defend himself properly.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I still don't like stoofer and his last post is not going to change my mind.

He dosn't vote for sparks, but says that he will.

Lynching a player because they are annoying and completly disregarding any argument for why they are town is bad.

Your reasoning that sparks is scum because sparks says that scum couldn't talk during the day, is ridiculous. The assumption should be that they can't talk during the day and the theory that they can, sounds more like a scum tell than anything else.

Most likely I will be voting to keep sparks, but it is not set in stone.
I want to hear from dylan because his content up to this point has been non-existent.

IGMEOY DanMonkey
He has also had little content and does a quick vote on sparks.

@stoofer: Yes I know I am just barely better at lurking than Dan and Dylan, So If you are going to FOS me for this please represent a case for why you think I'm scum other than my lurking.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The Fonz wrote:If you do that, Stoof, I'm voting for him.
Remember, you vote for the one you want to save!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
The Fonz wrote:If you do that, Stoof, I'm voting for him.
Remember, you vote for the one you want to save!
I know. That's why I said, I'm voting for him.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The I don't understand your post. You said:
Challenging a lurker first thing is sooo scummy it's untrue. You completely curtail nomination debate, yet you've got a good shot at winning just because he isn't likely to defend himself properly.
Isn't that what Sparks did?
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:32 am

Post by dylan41985 »

I have a few tid-bits to say in my defense.

First, I want to explain my lurking. I have yet to complete a full game of mafia on this site (I'm on my first string of games). I have a lot to learn in terms of persuasive language tactics and how to make comments without sounding suspicious. I started my first mafia game ever as a Newbie a few days before joining this game. I made many, many, many mistakes early in that game and I'll probably be lynched because of them. Those vultures tore up every post I made and accused me repeatedly. THAT is why I wanted to fly under the radar for the first challenge in this game. Oops. Lurking was a mistake also.

However, I pledge to contribute more often with more substantial opinions if I survive this challenge.

Sadly, Sparks and I are not knowingly on the same team in this game. Otherwise we could be working together.

I am here for the good of the town and will be until you drag me out.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Stewie »

Challenging a lurker first thing is sooo scummy it's untrue.
Agreed, but that's not what he said.
Lynching a player because they are annoying and completly disregarding any argument for why they are town is bad.
You seem to misunderstand our argument. The reason I want him gone is because he is not only annoying, but illogical, puts little time into reading my posts and making his, and distracted the town from going after other people (such as yourself, so I can see why you'd want to save him) by making a long non-argument against a plan that is not only helpful in gathering information, but also flexible if mistakes are found in it. All these things together - including the annoyance factor, as you mentioned - are not only unhelpful, but actually hurt the town's chances. Therefore, getting rid of him is a benefit to the town, regardless of his alignment (which I think is scum, so it doesn't matter that much anyways).

That said, I really want to hear more from dylan. Saying "oh, sorry for lurking, I'll start posting more content the next day" doesn't cut it. Prove you are willing to post more content by doing so now. Read the thread, and post your opinions.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

dylan41985 wrote: However, I pledge to contribute more often with more substantial opinions if I survive this challenge.
That's nice to hear, but I don't know if you will survive this challange unless you contribute with some substantial opinions first. So, again, if you could try and give us some thoughts about other people in the game, who you think is scummy and who looks more pro-town to you, it would probably help.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

Stewie wrote:
Challenging a lurker first thing is sooo scummy it's untrue.
Agreed, but that's not what he said.
Mr Stoofer wrote: Since my vote is irrevocable, I won't lay it down just yet, but I can't see that I'm likely to do anything other than vote to keep dylan. I've made the point about lurkers (active or otherwise) and I'm going to nominate him first thing Day 2 unless there is a significant improvement between now and then.
ah. I thought he said challenge. He said nominate. My bad.
Mr Stoofer wrote:The I don't understand your post. You said:
Challenging a lurker first thing is sooo scummy it's untrue. You completely curtail nomination debate, yet you've got a good shot at winning just because he isn't likely to defend himself properly.
Isn't that what Sparks did?
Nope, unless you think 'with the deadline nearing' is the same as 'first thing.' This doesn't mean I don't find Sparks scummy btw. But his last handful of posts have been a lot better imho.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:48 am

Post by dylan41985 »

I believe Sparks is scum because of his hyperactive shouting throughout the game, disrespectful conduct, and using the "easy way out" to nominate me (a Newbie). I don't want to use my naivety as an excuse, but I feel like Sparks is taking advantage of it. His confidence in nominating me may be evidence that he has an alliance to back the vote.

The people who seem pro-town to me are DeanWinchester, Mr. Stoofer, Yosarian2, Stewie, SpinWizard, and mneme.

The Fonz, VanDamien could go either way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

dylan41985 wrote: The people who seem pro-town to me are DeanWinchester, Mr. Stoofer, Yosarian2, Stewie, SpinWizard, and mneme.

Explain.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Sparks »

dis is my first game of mafia on this site while this is your what fourth? so how are you the newbie and im not?

hopw are scum mor likely to be hyperactive and disresepctful?

if deanwinchester looks town, why was your only nom on him
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 417#625417
and why did you not take it off later?

why idd you nominate deanwinchester in the first place?
THIS IS MY NOW !!
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 am

Post by dylan41985 »

No, I haven't completed a full game yet. This is my first.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:36 am

Post by dylan41985 »

my initial vote for deanwinchester was pretty random

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”