Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by VanDamien »

A question to you then, Miztef.

More than likely there are three scum, who would you peg as the third?

Mod edit
Votecount:
Paradoxombie 2 (Miztef, VanDamien)
DeathSauce 1 (ryan)

Not voting: DeathSauce, TopHat, Paradoxombie, Trustgossip, StallingChamp, vollkan

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Miztef »

@ VD: well, you... but if that's true then more then likely 1 or none of your suspects are scum.

Therefore, I'd have to say I find you, DeathSauce, and Paradox the most scummy, but not likely to be a scumgroup together. My forth choice would have to be a tie between Trust/ryan at this time.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 am

Post by vollkan »

Para is definitely at the top of my list, followed by DeathSauce and then I am kind of lost. I am least suspicious of Miztef and, other than that, I can see reasons all round. If I had to pick a third I would probably say Ryan or VD. Having said that, though, we have Stalling and TopHat who we really know nothing about at all, so my suspicions are only based on the "active" players.

One question to VD:
Miztef, ryan, TopHat, StallingChamp, and me are town, along with the one of Trust or vollkan who is not scum.
What makes you so confident in Stalling and TopHat? I find I don't know enough to form an opinion on them?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote: Paradoxombie: [..........] Seems to be ABR’s #1 target, did ABR see something that we are missing? [...........]Post 506 is not helpful to the town and not even enough to consider lurking
I'm sure if ABR noticed anything scummy about me he would have just said it. If I really was scum having a reasonable suspicion of me might have saved him, but I guess that's getting WIFOM and assumes he was the mafia target(which I am lead to believe he was not)

I don't understand that second part, do you mean I'm lurking so much that scum would actually post more?

Other than that I don't have much more to say. I find the suspicion on me unreasonable, but I guess with so little to go on it's understandable.

Well even if I only post about myself, hopefully you'll be satisfied that my reasoning is sound. Just because I can't reach any other post-worthy conclusions doesn't prove anything.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie: The point I was making is that there is very little to go on when it comes to you. You haven't really taken a stance on who you believe is scum nor have you put anything together that shows a case on anyone. I consider that to be not helpful to us finding the scum and why I do have suspicion toward you. Post worthy conclusions is what this game is all about, coming up with ideas on who you find scummy and that is what is lacking from you right now
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well to be honest, I still haven't re-read day 1, yet.

I'm in 4 games so I usually just come on and post about in one, but don't have quite enough time to go all the way back over this one.

When I have the chance to re-read I'll see what I can do about having more suspicions/conclusions
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

EBWOP I meant I come on and post in each one
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:07 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:Well to be honest, I still haven't re-read day 1, yet.

I'm in 4 games so I usually just come on and post about in one, but don't have quite enough time to go all the way back over this one.

When I have the chance to re-read I'll see what I can do about having more suspicions/conclusions
When can we expect some conclusions from you?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

well I have exams all week, but I rarely study(god bless High School)

Since they're over earlier I guess I'll re-read in the next few day. I'm not gonna promise any conclusions though, I did that in another game, and when I couldn't find any good ones that screwed me.

I pretty much guarantee some suspicions though, but I can't vouch for their validity, yet
-George Washington

So it goes.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:11 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:well I have exams all week, but I rarely study(god bless High School)

Since they're over earlier I guess I'll re-read in the next few day. I'm not gonna promise any conclusions though, I did that in another game, and when I couldn't find any good ones that screwed me.

I pretty much guarantee some suspicions though, but I can't vouch for their validity, yet
I think some content to go by will help your cause, right now we have alot of people sitting back/lurking and not doing a whole heck of alot.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:16 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Ryan, I agree with you and apologize for being part of the problem. Out of all my games, this one has the most stuff to reprocess with a fine comb yet the least stuff to go on. I've been doing calculus off and on for a long time and my way of completing homework is not conducive to spending a 3 hour chunk of time reading a Mafia thread. I will try to get some observations on the table soon that aren't all gloom and doom.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by ryan »

I think I can speak for the game when I say, we all understand that "real life" takes over for this game. The thing is with this current stage of the game I would hope that our activity would pick up and it has kind of crawled to a hault. I appreciate you checking in at least and letting us know a few of your opinions, since this is an opinion driven game. There have been quite a few posts from people that I'd like to hear other perspectives from. Para has a couple of votes on him from (IMO) pro town players. Do you feel they are justified? Anybody else hit a blip on your scumdar?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Still looking for a replacement for StallingChamp and TopHat.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

With any luck we will have replacements soon. Then not only will we get more discussion, which we are in dire need of, but it will allow us to form opinions based on a greater amount of evidence, rather than in a complete lack of discussion (effectively) from two players.

Ryan wrote:
I think I can speak for the game when I say, we all understand that "real life" takes over for this game. The thing is with this current stage of the game I would hope that our activity would pick up and it has kind of crawled to a hault. I appreciate you checking in at least and letting us know a few of your opinions, since this is an opinion driven game. There have been quite a few posts from people that I'd like to hear other perspectives from. Para has a couple of votes on him from (IMO) pro town players. Do you feel they are justified? Anybody else hit a blip on your scumdar?
So you think Miztef and VD are town? It would be also be good to know your opinion as to who is scum, since your post 514 was pretty much an overall analysis without a definite statement of opinion. At the very least, it will make a contribution to our current level of knowledge in this game.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Miztef »

I believe this game needs more evidence overall. We should start bandwagoning/voting with intent to lynch people we find scummy and get some more information.I've already tried paradox, but he's seems to busy to defend himself at this time anyway. I'll try up to try deathsauce or VD next. If not them, then Ryan or Trust are fine with me as well.

I'll send out a
unvote vote: DeathSauce
first, as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones. (Vollkan, ryan, VD)

Some of the evidence against DeathSauce can be read in post 514 by ryan. I will try to further build the case.
ryan wrote:DeathSauce: Thinks ABR is town (215) Wants to get new players imput to get some fresh perspective. Finds VD made a quick vote on ABR’s death and is suspicious. 502 again seems distracting and not much into finding scum. Basically just about ABR, being gone and doesn’t have anything to say. Also brings up the setup (again) eventually we are going to have to worry more about scum instead of the setup and numbers that are counterproductive and done (IMO) to look active when you really aren’t.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 am

Post by ryan »

I think the main case I have against Deathsauce is the lack of actual content. Looking back through his posts I just don't see alot that is worthwhile in finding scum. I just find it lurky and with the thread crawling right now I would hope some content would come. I do think fresh blood with replacements for StallingChamp and TopHat will be a welcome change, as TopHat fell off the thread completely and StallingChamp........well he's had other "issues" I believe.

Vollkan: I am leaning on VD being town with a definete townie being placed on Miztef. The three right now I'm thinking are scum is Deathsauce, Paradoxombie and either TopHat or StallingChamp. I get a pro town vibe from you with your posts and since I know I'm town, I'm thinking that 3 of those 4 are the scum as it looks like the overall thought process is that we have 3 scum.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:28 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I'm inclined to think that ParadoxZombie is scummier than Deathsauce at the moment.

The two main thoughts I remember having about Day One are:

"Alfred is CRAZY!"
"Paradox is really aggressive!"

I will try to reread as soon as possible. I am even more cramped for time now that I've started work and twenty pages is oh so long!

Again sorry, but I'd like to put what little I have come up with on the table.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by VanDamien »

vollkan wrote:What makes you so confident in Stalling and TopHat? I find I don't know enough to form an opinion on them?
With TopHat, I'll clarify. I don't think he's mafia-scum. He may be SK. The role needs replaced still, but I'd like to find the scum group at this point, and focus on them, to perhaps find out ho their buddies are. I agree, little information to go on, but I lean towards vig-tell in his last two posts.

With SC, one reason is that there were better ways to defend against my accusations of coaching ryan that pointing out scum's ability to talk day and night. Again, other than that it's a just a fairly good feeling at this point.

I agree with Trust about Para. Filtering the ABR situation through a polarizing lens, I see myself and Para pushing it primarily. I know I'm VT, and I feel it likely, and I'd be surprised that it isn't a common thought, that scum had to be helping push that. Especially if they thought they could not only get one townie lynched, but another taken out in the process.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

VanDamien wrote: I'd be surprised that it isn't a common thought, that scum had to be helping push that. Especially if they thought they could not only get one townie lynched, but another taken out in the process.
See, I disagree. ABR was helpful to scum if anything. And it seems like both you and me thought that lynching ABR was gonna be a more popular choice. If either of us were scum, and we thought there was gonna be a stronger bandwagon on ABR then we would have just jumped on the bandwagon as it built up. Instead we both pushed strongly oursleves and in the end no one wanted to go after him.

Basically, going after ABR agressively was imo the least scummy choice of all. We put ourselves in the open when we didn't need to(or so we thought) to get a ABR lynch. Because of that I'm inclined to believe that you aren't scum VD.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by VanDamien »

The main difference being, by the time you started really pushing Al too, I had already put forward my offer to be the hammer on him, so on the off-hand he had been telling the truth, you had nothing to lose, and when he turned up town, like you as scum knew he would, you could point to his insanely anti-town play.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

If I remeber correctly, I was going to be his nightkill the next night, so I would have had somthing to lose If he was telling the truth.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

EBWOP:
remember
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:11 am

Post by ryan »

Well the "little" pressure I tried didn't work as we failed to get much of anything on DeathSauce, which doesn't necessarily mean scummy but I'm confident enough in the case I presented earlier that I'm going to stick with him as my vote. To those of you who haven't placed a vote on anyone yet. Vollkan, Trustgossip and Paradoxombie (the three who have been active with some posts) who do you feel are our scum? Any new ideas that might spark some debate?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:51 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Hello, I have returned safely to civilization.

Interesting, there seems to be plenty of suspicion of me being bandied about, with no actual evidence of anything scummy.

Ryan keeps trying to harp on my lack of content, but I have been at least as active as the average player in this game. Ryan has a lot more posts, but I would argue actually contain less content. Ryan intentionally misquoted me just one page back by isolating ONE sentence from a 3 paragraph post and presenting it as the entirety of the post, while at the same time agreeing with my analysis.

Vote:ryan
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Also FOS at Van Damien for this:
Paradoxombie and DeathSauce are scum
with absolutely no supporting data or quotes.

I am leaning toward a Ryan, Van Damien, Miztef scum group. There seems to be a common front from the three of them, agreeing with each other about who is scum without bothering to explain any of it, hoping that mere repetition will sway opinion.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”