Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 am

Post by MeMe »

You haven't "go[ne] away for a matter of months" -- you're all over the site. Quit pretending you don't have time and play this game or get voted for ignoring it, simple as that.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe wrote:You haven't "go[ne] away for a matter of months" -- you're all over the site. Quit pretending you don't have time and play this game or get voted for ignoring it, simple as that.
gtfo lol. Im here, but i have RL stuff to deal with atm.
Some people come here every day and post a load of BS, and think that makes them a contributing player.
In fairness, id much rather contribute something useful, even if it means waiting a couple of days.
Oh and while i am here,
Vote: MeMe

there is literally no reason for MeMe-town to take that sort of attitude. Opportunistic scum-MeMe must be here instead.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:18 am

Post by MeMe »

I have no idea what "gtfo" means -- but I'm sure it's delightful!

Do you have any explanation -- any at all -- for why you are able to post actual content in other games? Also, could you please link me to the "various other" games where you've been getting "alot of this shit recently"?

And, keep in mind, I'll be able to link to a lot of other games (and a newbie game sign up) where your exam pressures do not seem to exist...

Battle Mage, seriously. If you are town, you should at least be able to concede that it looks suspicious that you're giving attention elsewhere while pleading exams here. Lashing out isn't a defense -- it just makes you look like you don't have anything
real
to say.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe-this is most certainly not the only game in which i am not posting content atm. I can refer you to several others, in fact, about half my games are being treated like this atm. ill get links for you in a sec.
oh and btw, im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see, in contrast to games which require rereads, and thus i have not been awesomely active here.

your last comment hits the nail on the head.
I
DONT
HAVE ANYTHING REAL TO SAY. At least until i have read past the 4th page. :roll:

If you really cared for my opinion, you would damn well wait for a couple more days. Its not as if im lurking indefinitely. Ive openly stated when i will be back, and why.

still, if you want to lynch me out of pure laziness, and lack of care for the game that someone has actually bothered to create and run, be my guest. The town wont thank you for it though.

BM
MeMe wrote:I have no idea what "gtfo" means -- but I'm sure it's delightful!

Do you have any explanation -- any at all -- for why you are able to post actual content in other games? Also, could you please link me to the "various other" games where you've been getting "alot of this shit recently"?

And, keep in mind, I'll be able to link to a lot of other games (and a newbie game sign up) where your exam pressures do not seem to exist...

Battle Mage, seriously. If you are town, you should at least be able to concede that it looks suspicious that you're giving attention elsewhere while pleading exams here. Lashing out isn't a defense -- it just makes you look like you don't have anything
real
to say.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, its only 4 i think. probably because lazy townies have started a "Lynch-BM Fest" :lol:

Mafia on a Train: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

The New “C9”
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Stargate SG-1
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 14&start=0

Im not sure how much detail i can go into explaining my reasons behind not posting in those games, but suffice to say, those games share the same scenario as this. Unless you are going to go as far as to say that i am scum in all of them, i dont think your case means alot. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:30 am

Post by MeMe »

Just to make sure you're aware: deadline's in less than four days (about 89.5 hours away, if I'm figuring it right).

Of course I want to hear what you've got to say -- the problem is that you're telling us that you're not gonna say it until there's very little reaction time (and what reaction time there is will be over the weekend -- when our site takes a participation dip). If you can carve out, say, 30 minutes for this game
exclusively
within the next 12 hours, that would be stellar. Since you knew (or should've known) that 1) N-L was getting attention for non-contribution and 2) this game was under deadline when you replaced in, I don't think you can seriously call that an unreasonable expectation.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually i was under the impression that the deadline was on Saturday.
that being the case, i will have time to reread and post my suspicions, and VOTE, before deadline takes place, on the Friday Afternoon.
if you think i can read and analyse and comment effectively on a 20-page game, in 30 mins, you are very much mistaken. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, I really don't like the BM quick wagon. I think Adel seems to be a good play for today, or NanoS, or DogMom. Adel raised a valid point that, NanoS, even if town, isn't really helping out a lot. And it is by no means assured that he is town. On the flip side, we don't have a lot to go by if NanoS does get lynched and shows up town though, whereas Adel would give us a lot to go on.

As Adel alluded to, I am not sure if I am in good company on the Adel wagon, though... She isn't that close to lynch, but my heavy suspicion of two of my would be lynching partners alone is enough to make me wonder if Adel should be the play.

I've mentioned what I don't like about NanoS, and I re-skimmed YB's posts, and I am just not liking him as a second cop. He definitely was considering counterclaiming, toying around with a two cop theory, and then decided to do it. He has not given good reasoning for his suspicions, and has blatantly dodged YL's concerns like 5 or 6 times, not even bothering to do a quick re-read to try and answer. Lynching him today does indeed seem foolish, but if I end up dead tomorrow morning, please look at YB closely... I am just not buying it.

Also, I definitely don't see MeMe as particularly likely to be pro town; the BM push by her did seem opportunistic, and I believe BM's explanation that he isn't lurking as a strategy, he is lurking because he is busy and hasn't caught up fully on the game yet. That being said, I agree that if BM can find 30 minutes for this game, that would really help us out, considering the deadline
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, I really don't like the BM quick wagon. I think Adel seems to be a good play for today, or NanoS, or DogMom. Adel raised a valid point that, NanoS, even if town, isn't really helping out a lot. And it is by no means assured that he is town. On the flip side, we don't have a lot to go by if NanoS does get lynched and shows up town though, whereas Adel would give us a lot to go on.

As Adel alluded to, I am not sure if I am in good company on the Adel wagon, though... She isn't that close to lynch, but my heavy suspicion of two of my would be lynching partners alone is enough to make me wonder if Adel should be the play.

I've mentioned what I don't like about NanoS, and I re-skimmed YB's posts, and I am just not liking him as a second cop. He definitely was considering counterclaiming, toying around with a two cop theory, and then decided to do it. He has not given good reasoning for his suspicions, and has blatantly dodged YL's concerns like 5 or 6 times, not even bothering to do a quick re-read to try and answer. Lynching him today does indeed seem foolish, but if I end up dead tomorrow morning, please look at YB closely... I am just not buying it.

Also, I definitely don't see MeMe as particularly likely to be pro town; the BM push by her did seem opportunistic, and I believe BM's explanation that he isn't lurking as a strategy, he is lurking because he is busy and hasn't caught up fully on the game yet. That being said, I agree that if BM can find 30 minutes for this game, that would really help us out, considering the deadline.
Do not lynch me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:48 am

Post by MeMe »

Mafia on a Train
: checks out. recent bandwagon on and blow-up by Battle Mage
The New C9
: no votes on Battle Mage
Stargate
: no votes on Battle Mage

So...tell me how I should interpret this, BM.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:59 am

Post by MeMe »

And being twice labeled "opportunistic" for switching from a healthy bandwagon to a player with zero votes is pretty interesting. I get why BM would try that (perhaps even
think
that), but Guardian joining in while claiming buying BM's story without checking his "proof" is a pretty cool notation.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:28 am

Post by MeMe »

I just realized that BM was providing links to games in which he
isn't posting content
...but I thought he was providing links to games in which he was getting the "shit" he claimed in response to my request.

OK -- that's a little less weird than my assumption that he was providing examples that didn't support his claim of getting grief.

(Sorry for the triple)
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Guardian »

BM lurks, BM posts in other games, BM is not careful with how he talks about it, you catch him in a lie, you jump off a wagon and start your own... the logic you used is what I take issue with and find opportunistic; even though he had no votes on him he was an easy target. Also, not your fault directly, but the two quick votes on him, by two people I find to be scummy, doesn't help the case, for me.

I am in the game with BM in c9, and even without votes he is taking heat for it from other players (including me, but no vote, fyi) and he responded to it. I, at this point, don't think that his lurking has anything to do with his alignment because his explanation makes sense. I agree he should post to help us out, but I don't agree that his lurking, considering his reasons for it, is any indication of him being scum.
Do not lynch me.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:43 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I have to agree with Guardian, I don't think his lurking has anything to do with being scum but just that he is in exams. I do agree with MeMe, however in the 30 min thing. I think BM should give this game possible 30 min a day, because he still says he has to finish rereading, and because of the approaching deadline.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:As Adel alluded to, I am not sure if I am in good company on the Adel wagon, though... She isn't that close to lynch, but my heavy suspicion of two of my would be lynching partners alone is enough to make me wonder if Adel should be the play.
On a personal note, I appreciate that you seem to actually
read
my posts. It is cool that you think I'm scum or whatever because of them, at least that is a reaction which keeps me from thinking that they aren't even being read at all- other than to pick some small error of phrase. [/end personal note]

I find it odd that BM has the time to defend himself, post links, scan the thread often enough to reply to MeMe, ect... while he still doesn't have time to post an analysis of the game. That shows the existence of some free time. Also, unless I'm mistaken, exams are scheduled out pretty far in advance. Why replace into a game that is kick'n with a dealine during exam week? I'm keeping my vote on BM. There is plenty of time before the deadline for him to clear himself, and the pressure of a few vote will help to motivate his participation.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I wouldn't be comfortable with a sudden Battle Mage lynch. He's obviously not going to post anything before Friday, so even voting for him now is pointless.

We can punish him for his lack of posting, but I don't think it'll get us anywhere. Since he hasn't posted anything (and apparently hasn't even read the thread yet), it'll be hard to know what to do on Day 2 if he turns up town - he simply hasn't formed any connections to other players. I don't like the way he's reacting, but I think a different lynch would provide more information.

So I'm pretty content with my vote on Nanosauromo.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 am

Post by MeMe »

I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies.

Mafia 66
Animal Crossing
Clue Mafia
Mafia v Wolves
Consulmaker
Ready Salted
Mafia 61: No Theme

I'm really having a difficult time understanding why anyone would be alright with what BM is doing -- especially now that he's clarified that he thought the deadline was even
closer
than it actually is. The three possible scenarios for excusing it are: 1) he's buddy scum, 2) he's town and you know it because you're scum, 3) um...I can't think of a good third, so you'll have to help me out here.

And, Guardian, you can't have it both ways. Either I "started [my] own" bandwagon or the votes that followed are "not [my] fault directly." A first vote does not a bandwagon make -- and catching someone in a lie is, you know
catching someone in a lie,
which certainly justifies a vote, no?

And amen to Adel's last paragraph.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Guardian »

Erotomachia wrote:I wouldn't be comfortable with a sudden Battle Mage lynch. He's obviously not going to post anything before Friday, so even voting for him now is pointless.

We can punish him for his lack of posting, but I don't think it'll get us anywhere. Since he hasn't posted anything (and apparently hasn't even read the thread yet), it'll be hard to know what to do on Day 2 if he turns up town - he simply hasn't formed any connections to other players. I don't like the way he's reacting, but I think a different lynch would provide more information.
This is the same feeling I've been trying to express.

MeMe, I bought it because I read his post here, and links in other threads, and the c9 in which I am playing... Opportunistic may have been the wrong word, maybe not, but I really was not buying the BM play.

You are not responsible for the votes that followed you, though they may imply a connection...
Catching someone in not fully articulating the truth
I think is a more accurate description of what you did, and I don't think that that deserves a vote.

I've been supplying you with that "elusive" third reason of why I was defending BM: I didn't think BM was trying to be deceitful, and I thought he just didn't want to spend the time to sit down and analyze this game before Friday afternoon when he is done with exams. I did not say I am alright with what BM is doing, I think replacing in when he knew about the deadlines and that he had exams was a very poor choice, but I don't think that alone makes him scum.

Adel's last paragraph, however, brings up very good points, and the way BM reacted to MeMe's accusations gives me greater cause to think he is scum than the accusations themselves; BM, if you spent all the time you spent defending your lurking reading the game and posting your thoughts, you'd be done by now, and would have both posted your thoughts and removed all people's suspicions of you for lurking.

I maintain that I didn't like the initial wagon, but the way BM so time consumingly defended his lurking in this particular game makes me question his motives... I eagerly await BM's thoughts on the game.
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:07 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote: I've mentioned what I don't like about NanoS, and I re-skimmed YB's posts, and I am just not liking him as a second cop. He definitely was considering counterclaiming, toying around with a two cop theory, and then decided to do it. He has not given good reasoning for his suspicions, and has blatantly dodged YL's concerns like 5 or 6 times, not even bothering to do a quick re-read to try and answer. Lynching him today does indeed seem foolish, but if I end up dead tomorrow morning, please look at YB closely... I am just not buying it.
And if I end up dead, Youre the main suspect. Im sorry we're stuck here. Even if we are both cops, mafia will use this too their advantadge and tghere goes the cops.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Battle Mage wrote:
MeMe wrote:You haven't "go[ne] away for a matter of months" -- you're all over the site. Quit pretending you don't have time and play this game or get voted for ignoring it, simple as that.
gtfo lol. Im here, but i have RL stuff to deal with atm.
Some people come here every day and post a load of BS, and think that makes them a contributing player.
In fairness, id much rather contribute something useful, even if it means waiting a couple of days.
Oh and while i am here,
Vote: MeMe

there is literally no reason for MeMe-town to take that sort of attitude. Opportunistic scum-MeMe must be here instead.
OMGUS?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe wrote:I just realized that BM was providing links to games in which he
isn't posting content
...but I thought he was providing links to games in which he was getting the "shit" he claimed in response to my request.

OK -- that's a little less weird than my assumption that he was providing examples that didn't support his claim of getting grief.

(Sorry for the triple)
rofl. an apology wouldnt go amiss. and yes, that does classify as opportunistic behaviour. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

thats not what i said atall. dont misinterpret me plz.
the bit about townies lynching me was in response to the lack of active games i have. :roll:

but alright, ill bite. when is the deadline Sherlock? i mean, i obviously havent been paying attention, as i thought it was on Saturday. there again, i suppose you cant trust the mod eh? /sarcasm.

you are jumping at shadows, MoS-style.

My vote stands, and i reccommend others read the latest comments of MeMe, and cast your own vote.

BM

MeMe wrote:I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies.

Mafia 66
Animal Crossing
Clue Mafia
Mafia v Wolves
Consulmaker
Ready Salted
Mafia 61: No Theme

I'm really having a difficult time understanding why anyone would be alright with what BM is doing -- especially now that he's clarified that he thought the deadline was even
closer
than it actually is. The three possible scenarios for excusing it are: 1) he's buddy scum, 2) he's town and you know it because you're scum, 3) um...I can't think of a good third, so you'll have to help me out here.

And, Guardian, you can't have it both ways. Either I "started [my] own" bandwagon or the votes that followed are "not [my] fault directly." A first vote does not a bandwagon make -- and catching someone in a lie is, you know
catching someone in a lie,
which certainly justifies a vote, no?

And amen to Adel's last paragraph.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Guardian »

BM, I definitely am not thrilled by the original case on you, but your response - OMGUS behavior and failure to analyze anyone else besides MeMe - is not convincing me that you are pro town...
Do not lynch me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

leave that till when i actually return eh?
oh and btw, my vote on MeMe isnt really OMGUS. MeMe voted for me ages ago, but it is not that, but the subsequent attempts to lynch a 'lurker' out of laziness that make me think MeMe is scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:10 am

Post by YagamiLight »

About BM saying MeMe misinterpreted him...
MeMe wrote:I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies. <snip>
I'm assuming you mean here, and for the first part where MeMe says, "which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'"
Battle Mage wrote:actually, its only 4 i think. probably because lazy townies have started a "Lynch-BM Fest" Laughing <snip>
You did indeed say here that there were only four games for you to link due to the Lynch-BM fest.
And for MeMe saying, "in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies." You say that here...
Battle Mage wrote: oh and btw, im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see, in contrast to games which require rereads, and thus i have not been awesomely active here. <snip>
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”