Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:37 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage wrote:rofl. an apology wouldnt go amiss. and yes, that does classify as opportunistic behaviour. :roll:
To be fair, I
requested
links to games in which you were getting shit -- you
provided
links for something else. I acknowledged the misunderstanding, but you either misinterpreted
my
post or made a deliberate choice to ignore my request. Should
I
be expecting an apology?

As for this:
Battle Mage wrote:but alright, ill bite. when is the deadline Sherlock? i mean, i obviously havent been paying attention, as i thought it was on Saturday. there again, i suppose you cant trust the mod eh? /sarcasm.
Actually, you can trust the mod. He's been giving us the hours to deadline (approximately 84.5 hours away now). For me, the deadline lands at 5 a.m. Sunday morning. For you in England, I think it'd be 11 p.m. Saturday. Since you've said you'd post Friday evening, that's right before the weekend, when participation dips. Just like I said before. Elementary enough for you?

And if this is serious:
Battle Mage wrote: My vote stands, and i reccommend others read the latest comments of MeMe, and cast your own vote.
…the irony should shame you. If it's truly only the latest comments of a game that matter, then you have no defense for your lack of contributions as you would've needed no more than five minutes to catch up!

You are silly, sir.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Adel »

YagamiLight wrote:About BM saying MeMe misinterpreted him...
MeMe wrote:I've just looked at his most recent posts elsewhere, though, and here's a quick list where it looks like he's not getting heat (of course, I'm just skimming), which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'" and in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies. <snip>
I'm assuming you mean here, and for the first part where MeMe says, "which is at odds with his claim that he's only contributing because "lazy townies have started a 'Lynch-BM Fest'"
Battle Mage wrote:actually, its only 4 i think. probably because lazy townies have started a "Lynch-BM Fest" Laughing <snip>
You did indeed say here that there were only four games for you to link due to the Lynch-BM fest.
And for MeMe saying, "in which he seems to be contributing more than his quote "im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see," implies." You say that here...
Battle Mage wrote: oh and btw, im hardly posting 'content' in other games. Im simply posting responses to what i see, in contrast to games which require rereads, and thus i have not been awesomely active here. <snip>
I've read your post four times and I am still not sure what you mean by it, or what you think it shows. Honestly. Could you explain?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Just a note. Deadline will hit at 11.00am GMT on Saturday 16th. Which is some 2 days and 9 hours, 30 mins away. It may be that I'm out around then exactly, I hope not to be, but any votes after that will be deemed void.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by MeMe »

theopor
- can you confirm which of the two times is correct: the one above or this one? There seems to be an entire day's difference between the two.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

adel wrote:I would like to see Dog_mom and Nanook take serious stands for and against a couple of people.
I think I've made a pretty good stand on my thoughts in this game and have resumed a vote on the most likely scum IMO player ..
Adel wrote:I find it odd that BM has the time to defend himself, post links, scan the thread often enough to reply to MeMe, ect... while he still doesn't have time to post an analysis of the game. That shows the existence of some free time. Also, unless I'm mistaken, exams are scheduled out pretty far in advance. Why replace into a game that is kick'n with a dealine during exam week?
This states it all ... I may be putting a scummy to some stamp on my back, but I don't have any issues with Meme 'pushing' BM the way she is. The dude shouldn't have replaced in the game when he's got exams coming up, and he has spent quite a bit of time responding to Meme's points trying to not look scummy. I'm not going to vote for him today as I'd like to see what he's got to say tomorrow and I'm keeping my vote on Nano more then likely up to deadline.

FYI - I am graduating tomorrow and will have limited access until the weekend, any chance I get to be on the computer until then I will make this game priority for obvious reasons.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Adel, with that post i was refering to where BM talked about MeMe misinterpreting him, first I assumed where he meant the misinterpret happened, as it was the only place I saw that he might have meant, then I tried to go through and show that it wasn't wrong, and that what MeMe said BM had said had actually been said.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

MeMe wrote:
theopor
- can you confirm which of the two times is correct: the one above or this one? There seems to be an entire day's difference between the two.
Erm the correct one would be in in 2 days time from now.

Where am I now its Thursday 1.48 am. Deadline is Saturday 11.00am.

I'm probably 6/7 hours ahead of you guys, that previous count was more than likely mucked up - either way it's Saturday 11am my time, around 4am your time in the States.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Shall we say lol 4am ish US Time on Saturday 16th. Lager never helps with maths.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

OK then...24 hours less than I thought. :(
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I can extend it say 12 hours if that's agreeable. That way I don't need to hang around during the daytime if it's nice and sunny.

Infact new deadline is 11.00PM GMT 16th June which equates I think to about 5.00PM on whatever time the forum clock runs by.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

To clear up that means deadline is about 69 hours away.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Adel »

Nanook: I forgot how outspoken you were against NanoS. Sorry. Other than him, I don't see you for or against anyone else until your last post. Your vote on NanoS was pretty much just for voting for me, but you seem very careful not to actually defend me in that post. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, but I would be interested in reading your thoughts on other players.

YL: Do you think the confusion was deliberate, like MeMe was being unfair to BM, or do you think she made an honest mistake?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

YL's explanation is that I
wasn't
misrepresenting BM -- that I used his own words.

???
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Like MeMe just said, I don't think she did misrepresent what BM said.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

*smacks forehead*
Reading comprehension error.

EBWOP:

YL: Do you think the confusion was deliberate, like BM was being unfair to MeMe, or do you think he made an honest mistake?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

It seems obvious to me that MeMe wasn't misrepresenting him. So I would have to say the only possible explanation would be that he did so on purpose, as he didn't show where the misrepresentation happened, so one would have to try guessing on where he meant.
Based on that I think I would like BM to confirm that the post i picked was the one he meant, and why he says MeMe misrepresented him.
-Al Franken-
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I don't think MeMe is scummy for pushing BM's lynch. It's reasonable, but I don't agree with it. Like someone mentioned, I'd prefer lynching someone with more information and relationships connected to them. Right now, BM hasn't done anything, and if he's town, it makes finding scum harder if everyone bandwagoned him.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by MeMe »

So we have Yagami, Streeflo, Nanook, Eroto, and Guardian voicing the opinion that BM should be spared (ironically
because
he's been negligent -- but whatever). Since not all of those people can be scum and I'd prefer we go for an
actual
majority rather than just "this player has more votes than anyone else" deadline decision, I'll drop it for now and go back to where I was.

unvote: Battle Mage
vote: Nanosauramo
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Adel »

So a tactical vote for pressure and encouragement is no longer a good idea? I think it is. I really don't like the idea of potential scum lurking their way into day 2. My vote stays, with NanoS being my fall-back option.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Guardian »

MeMe, I really was not liking BM's reactions there, but it is true that my initial impression of your case on him was not a good one...

However, if you really didn't like BM's behavior and found BM to be a good place for your vote, why move your vote to appease the town? You posted more in the past few pages than you have all game, but now because you've met some disagreement you decide to move your vote? If you felt strongly about it, why not try and convince us?

I could understand moving your vote if BM was going to be lynched at deadline, but BM doesn't even have the most votes at this point. You seem to be moving it because people don't like you pushing for a BM lynch. I find that suspicious.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, I'd certainly be cool with putting my vote back on BM if more people are willing to help out there. Though I thought the pressure yielded interesting results -- more votes wasn't one of those results and time is short.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I don't think we should ignore BM, but just we can't focus on him right now because of his apparent busy schedule. That said, I also have finals this week and graduation ceremony to attend tomorrow for friends, so I probably wont post much tomorrow.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Battle Mage wrote:the subsequent attempts to lynch a 'lurker' out of laziness that make me think MeMe is scum.
Do you realize how little sense you're making?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by Adel »

Come on Nano! Post something
Real
! Every time you post one of these useless, already observed one-liners I see you as scum.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Any comment I could make on BM's scumminess has already been made. If I restate already-said stuff, you yell at me and call me scum. If I don't post anything, you yell at me and call me scum. No matter what I do, I lose.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”