Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Jalyn »

Another strange one. Nanosauromo pinged hard when I read the entire thread but nothing stood out as suspicious when I read through just his posts.

Moving on to MeMe:

Finally one that felt the same in isolation as it did in the full read. I don't see any reason to suspect MeMe at this point and am not particularly surprised that the only person that is voting for her is BM.

Nekka-Lucifer only had two game related posts and I don't actually understand either one. Once he started speaking BM seems to be quite BM at the moment. As for the lurking... I know how long it took me to just read the entire thread and then go back and do some analysis. I think it was probably not the best move to replace into a game with a large thread and a deadline looming, but having done so, it makes sense to be active in threads that he didn't need to read 20 pages to get into and not here. Can I quote him in other games as saying that he isn't posting content there either? ;)

As to our two cop issue..
I'm all over the "this can wait until tomorrow and results reports to deal with" tactic.

Now, I'm in an interesting position. In the original read, I didn't find Adel suspicious at all and did find Nanosauromo so. In reading posts in isolation, the exact opposite is true. I don't know which impression to weight more heavily.

I'm going to give this some more thought before voting and see if another skim over gives me anything else.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

crap, i g2g now, and im only on page 11. ill be on before deadline, but not by much. still, at least if i die tonight, you will have my analysis to go on :)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:
Adel wrote:Yes, I would rather you vote for me than leave a meaningless vote on MeMe.
How is his vote on MeMe any less meaningless than your vote on him?
Adel wrote:Mine is generating evidence.
Adel defends her vote, and then in her next post builds a counter wagon...
Adel wrote:
unvote: BM, vote:Nanosauromo
However, NanoS is also looking
very
scummy for:
Nanosauromo wrote:
NanoS, do you still find Adel scummy?
Yes, but I need to gather more evidence before I can continue my case against her.
If so, why do you think she is pushing for BM votes?
Perhaps she's Mafia and BM is a Serial Killer. (Or vice versa)
I am really not liking YB for:
YogurtBandit wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:
Jalyn has replaced DogMom effective of now. Deadline is 48 hours away. Votecount coming.
thats odd, Dogmom had just posted.Oh well.

Welcome Jalyn! Right now me and Guardian have both claimed Cop, fyi.
Why do you feel the necessity to mention this to Jalyn but not to BM?

Also, YB has shown a very basic disregard for reading the thread and responding to obvious questions or noticing obvious things. How many times did YL need to ask you before we got a straight answer - and a one sentence blow off, at that?! And how can you be surprised that DogMom is replacing out when she requested to be replaced? I find you scummy, sir.

Jalyn, welcome, I find your posts well thought out and agree with both your main suspicions and your thoughts on YB and I. However don't think that I am going to forget the suspicions I had of DogMom; she never adequately responded to my queries of her, in my opinion, and I found her actions suspicions. If you want to try and defend her actions, be my guest.

Sumarry: My main suspicions lie on Adel and NanoS today, though I will have my eye on Jalyn and YB tomorrow - Jalyn today really if anyone else picks up on it, but we have about a day left and I don't see any support at all for a Jalyn lynch. MeMe, YL, and Streeflo have been incredibly difficult to get reads on, I do not the MeMe-BM interaction, for either side, MeMe for her original case and BM for how he responded to it. YL almost seems to have been deliberately unclear on the BM-MeMe issue, and I didn't like that. Streeflo has never been voted for, and has placed only one vote the whole game - great townie who is suspicious of many, or scum lurking in the shadows? ChaosOmega Erotomachia and Nanook need to contribute down the stretch here, I don't have much of a read on them either, nor am I sure of who they suspect.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Adel »

I see BM as possibly setting himself to drop a hammer vote.

I changed my vote back to NanoS because BM stopped taking the bait. My vote stopped generating evidence- and started being meaningless.

It looks like the choice is pretty much coming down to me and NanoS. I guess there is the possibility of a late wagon on BM or someone else, but I don't see it happening.

Please be careful about putting additional votes on me. I can see a BM hammer attached to a long post excusing it, in my future. Not good for town.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Streeflo »

Jalyn wrote:As to our two cop issue..
I'm all over the "this can wait until tomorrow and results reports to deal with" tactic.
I agree.

I reread the thing between DogMom and Guardian, and I don't really find that DogMom is as scummy as Guardian makes out. For the record, Guardian is really the only one trying to get a futile case against her. Although she just replaced in, I like Jalyn's posts so far.

I find MeMe pro-town.

To be honest guys, the only person that jumped out at me was Adel and Nanosaur. The fact that they're out for each other's blood doesn't really help me make up my mind.

Adel generates a lot of noise, but it seems to be paved with good intentions. At least if she dies we'll get lots of connections from her, but I don't think she's scummy enough to get my vote right now.
I think waiting for the two cops to go into night is a good idea.

Vote: Nanosauromo
Warning: L-2.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:05 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I don't see how I was deliberatly unclear on the BM-MeMe issue, I just made the same mistake as MeMe. Also on the YB thing I was going to bring that up tomorrow because I didn't like the answer, but was going to let it go since everyone seemed to agree that we should give both of you a day.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:07 am

Post by YagamiLight »

EBWODP
That was too Guardians post, just noticed people posted while i was typing.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Guardian wrote:However, NanoS is also looking
very
scummy for:
Nanosauromo wrote:
NanoS, do you still find Adel scummy?
Yes, but I need to gather more evidence before I can continue my case against her.
If so, why do you think she is pushing for BM votes?
Perhaps she's Mafia and BM is a Serial Killer. (Or vice versa)
And what exactly is scummy about that?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Adel »

Are you trying the "I'm just a really horrible player" defense?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:44 am

Post by MeMe »

OK -- right now the count is, I believe, Nano with 5 votes and Adel with 4. One of them will almost certainly be lynched today.

I agree with Adel that BM could be setting himself up to play the hammerer and if Jalyn lands on Adel rather than Nano, that could mean she'd be gone.

For that reason, I think I should explain why I'm strongly against the Adel lynch. I think her early question to the mod about whether the mafia were allowed to talk before day began
could
have been a well-thought-out ploy to look pro-town ("See? I don’t know how the mafia works because I’m so innocent! Yay!"), but theopor answered it in the thread in such a way that it appeared, to my eyes, that he was actually trying to make sure she'd understand his answer (which would be unnecessary if she were scum as he'd know she already knew the answer) AND Adel has never pointed back to that question/answer as evidence of her townieness.

Theopor's answer and Adel’s failure to capitalize on her question leads me to believe that it was honest - which makes it unlikely that she’s mafia.
Adel, in post 68 wrote:
theopor_COD: were roles with PM rights allowed to PM each other before the game started?
theopor_COD wrote:I didn't make a point of disallowing it, if thats what you mean.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Adel wrote:Are you trying the "I'm just a really horrible player" defense?
No, I honestyl don't understand why Gaurdian thinks that quote is scummy.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post!

Anyway, very nice catch, MeMe. I think it's clear that Nanosauromo is the lynch for today.
Guardian wrote:ChaosOmega Erotomachia and Nanook need to contribute down the stretch here, I don't have much of a read on them either, nor am I sure of who they suspect.
I think I've been pretty consistent. I was one of the first to vote for Nanosauromo and I've kept my vote on him ever since. To be honest, I haven't felt any reason to switch my vote.

I'll definitely be interested in hearing what Battle Mage has to say Day 2 - he got through Day 1 with lots of excuses and shouting, but not much content.

I also find Yogurt Bandit's behavior very strange. For today I'll trust both cop claims: but if one of you is lying, I'll bet it's Yogurt Bandit. I can't wait to hear his Night 1 results.[/quote]
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Why is Guardian still voting for Adel?!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Guardian »

Erotomachia wrote:Why is Guardian still voting for Adel?!
I don't like her theories I think they don't help town, I think she generated a lot of noise today possibly in effort to confuse the town, and quite a few of her statements among the pages of text she has generated really really strike me the wrong way.

NanoS does not seem like a bad second alternative, but I can see him as being new town; I will not be very disappointed if he is lynched today because even if he is town he has not been very helpful, but at this point I am happier with an Adel lynch. I will say again, and this gives me some pause, I do not much like my company on the Adel wagon. I am going to try and re-read the whole thing before deadline, and I will consider switching my vote then.

MeMe, that is an interesting point about mod/Adel interaction, but her not pointing back to it is a null tell to me; pointing back to it in and of itself would make it look like a farce. I can definitely see a mafioso asking that question, too, to seem innocent.

Theo's response is the most telling thing, and I agree that he does seem like he was trying to answer her question to make sure she understood, but I would assume he would try to answer that question the same way if a townie asked or if a mafia member asked. I am not sure how much I want to trust that one exchange as a town-tell.

YL, I will re-read the whole thing again, but after reading it again after reading your explanation of it, I am still confused as to how it means what you say it was intended to mean. This is not a huge tell for me, but that post was really really hard to understand...

Adel, I find it convenient that your vote stopped being useful with a day to go before deadline, and that your target was the player with the largest wagon besides your own. Among the many other phrases you've used that I don't like, I don't like how you said "Please be careful about putting additional votes on me...." It just rubs me the wrong way, because you are trying to convince people not to vote you with just rhetoric and not logic.

NanoS, really, can you not see how that post of yours is suspicious?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Adel »

Tuesday it made sense, Wednesday it made sense, Friday my vote on BM stopped making sense. He'd stopped reacting, and the deadline was looming. I've supported the NanoS wagon for a while now- I was never really off of it, but a tactical vote on BM bore fruit. It helped show how much time he really had available for this game.

How does my vote going back to NanoS seem "convenient" to you? I feel he is the correct lynch for today.
It just rubs me the wrong way, because you are trying to convince people not to vote you with just rhetoric and not logic.
So the possibility of BM being scum and dropping a hammer vote (attached to a long post of excuses) on a town player does not seem realistic to you? Just rhetoric?
It just rubs me the wrong way, because you are trying to convince people not to vote you with just rhetoric and not logic.
Does that make your post an example of rhetoric or logic?

You've held on to this notion that I am scum for a long time now. Please be fair.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Gaurdian wrote:NanoS, really, can you not see how that post of yours is suspicious?
No, I can't. What is so suspicious about it?
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay votecount coming, sorry for a day of dissapearance. Kids and the like . . .
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount 12

Nanosauromo 5 - Meme, Adel, Erotomachia, Streeflo, NanookTheWolf
Adel 4 - Guardian, YogurtBandit, Nanosauromo, ChaosOmega
MeMe 1 - BM

Not Voting - Jalyn, YagamiLight

7 to lynch someone pre-deadline. However whoever is leading at deadline will face the noose, if its a tie no-one will be hung.

Deadline is 11.00pm GMT which is in about 15 hours 18 minutes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

lol this game is active which is great, but you guys are REALLY paranoid. :lol:
Also, you seem to have failed to read the rules, as not only is there unlikely to be a 'Hammer' today, it is the person with the MOST VOTES who is lynched at deadline. Thus i will vote for the person who i think is scummiest obviously.
Finishing read now.

BM

*Woah wait a sec?!
PM
???
ah, i thought it was 11AM, thus i only had a couple hours when i got up :p
phew :)

Adel wrote:I see BM as possibly setting himself to drop a hammer vote.

I changed my vote back to NanoS because BM stopped taking the bait. My vote stopped generating evidence- and started being meaningless.

It looks like the choice is pretty much coming down to me and NanoS. I guess there is the possibility of a late wagon on BM or someone else, but I don't see it happening.

Please be careful about putting additional votes on me. I can see a BM hammer attached to a long post excusing it, in my future. Not good for town.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm a little uncomfortable that Adel has nearly as many votes as Nanosauromo. I would hate to see Adel somehow pass him in the vote count during these last few hours.

Right now things are very uncertain.

That's why I asked you about your vote, Guardian. Right now I don't think it's helping at all--you're adding to the uncertainty. If some mafia members haven't voted yet, then you're basically letting them decide who to lynch. Moreover, with just one more vote for Adel, we might even have a no-lynch.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:37 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Battle Mage wrote:crap, i g2g now, and im only on page 11. ill be on before deadline, but not by much. still, at least if i die tonight, you will have my analysis to go on :)
Sounds slightly like WIFOM.

About not reading the thread, Im sorry, I am reading but theres not much else I can post right now.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:44 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Why do you keep procrastinating, Battle Mage? It appears that you're purposefully putting off your vote until the last minute. With the way you're acting, Adel's concerns seem legitimate.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

ChaosOmega has been prodded.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:49 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Erotomachia wrote:Why do you keep procrastinating, Battle Mage? It appears that you're purposefully putting off your vote until the last minute. With the way you're acting, Adel's concerns seem legitimate.
BM is probably waiting for another Nano vote so he can hammer. It wouldbe risky to try out, but if someone else votes Nano, we see if he quiklynches.. But thats all speculation.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:31 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage --

I was using "hammerer" as synonymous with "person who's waiting until the very last minute to make sure he's the one who decides who dies today" (which should have been clear since, in the scenario I laid out, Adel would only have 6 votes, not the 7 needed for a pre-deadline lynch) but if using insults to pretend we're all stupid and
you're
the only one who's on top of this game makes you feel like a vital member of the thread, that's cool with me -- I can play along:

Wow, BM -- you're right. How'd I miss the fact that it's unlikely that you'd be able to "hammer" in the usual sense of the word in this game? I see now that I was foolish to assume you might be waiting to post and change your vote for any
strategic
reason...what was I thinking? Thanks for your insights -- without them, we'd probably just all lynch ourselves. I can't wait for your post when you're DONE reading! I mean, you've already given us gold...I can't imagine the riches you'll impart when you've actually caught up. I should probably buy a new notebook and put "How to play mafia" on the cover and get ready to fill it with notes on your upcoming post. Again -- thank you, Battle Mage. Thank you.

Battle Mage wrote:ah, i thought it was 11AM, thus i only had a couple hours when i got up :p
I find the fact that you logged on in time to post content before the deadline you
thought
was in place and then left without doing so a tad odd. I'd wonder with Eroto why you're stalling...but I'm starting to think the answer is "because I'm getting away with it."
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”