Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Erotomachia wrote:Why do you keep procrastinating, Battle Mage? It appears that you're purposefully putting off your vote until the last minute. With the way you're acting, Adel's concerns seem legitimate.
i dont know what you mean by 'procrastinating'. :oops:

fyi, i think the specuilation about potential hammers is ridiculous. If you think someone doesnt deserve to be lynched, why are you choosing to ignore the people currently on the wagon? the fact that there currently IS the potential for a hammer, indicates that perhaps some people consider that person scummy. Do me a favour and dont whinge at me till i do something that warrants it.

oh and btw, i AM genuinely sorry for my unreliable time schedule. I can really say alot else, nor can i do any more. i will however add the wifom that, BM-scum who is accused of lurking, is probably going to start posting more. Im not saying my lack of content is a case for my innocence, but some stuff people are saying...the mind boggles... :shock:

and this brings me on to my next 'excuse'. I dont have my previous 11 pages of analysis, and cant access them atm. So you're going to have to make do with an analysis of the 2 players who could still be lynched today.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Hmm. I'm not gonna lie, I still like the Adel play. NanoS by not understanding, or even worse, by pretending to not understand, is a very appealing target, though.

However, I see a good third alternative, and I think it's just possible that we'll get enough votes on him before deadline.

unvote vote: BM

I will be able to post once more before deadline, if nothing has changed on BM, I will likely put my vote back on Adel, or vote for NanoS.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:41 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Some 7 hours or so till deadline.

I can't stop laughing from 549.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Guardian wrote:Hmm. I'm not gonna lie, I still like the Adel play. NanoS by not understanding, or even worse, by pretending to not understand, is a very appealing target, though.

However, I see a good third alternative, and I think it's just possible that we'll get enough votes on him before deadline.

unvote vote: BM

I will be able to post once more before deadline, if nothing has changed on BM, I will likely put my vote back on Adel, or vote for NanoS.
This is a completely useless vote, even though I agree that he's a good alternative.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:Some 7 hours or so till deadline.

I can't stop laughing from 549.
Theo, stop associating with the scum. :roll:

Analysis:

Interestingly, both claimed cops are voting Adel. Adel fishes A LOT. Potential relationship with MeMe. Makes a poll, which looks quite protown. Makes that comment about directing the vig, which is either totally dumb, or very scummy. I could potentially see over-confident over-active scum. More analysis of players. Pbpa doesn’t reveal a lot. Desperately pushes for people to commit to votes. Appears over-keen for an early lynch.
Later requests for a deadline extension. Possibly trying to look good. Comments on my absence. Later votes for me based on a fallacy. Nice. Also calls me a liar-odd when I hadn’t even said anything. lol
Then makes perhaps the scummiest post of the entire game. The one begging me to stop pressuring MeMe. It makes little sense for a protown player to say that-especially such a competent one.
Panics that im going to hammer her. Odd seeing as im one of several people not to vote, and I had given little indication that I thought she was scummy. Continues making evidence out of thin air.
Difficult to judge overall. Some posts make her look like dirty-scum, and others make her look like the greatest asset to the town. Id say overall: Fairly Scummy.

Ah Nano. Much less to analyse here then lol. First post of interest, he appears to OMGUS vote Adel. Threatens to vote me for lurking. Appears not to understand what it is going on. Then makes a post saying that he gives up. I believe some people regard such play as a scumtell. Makes a ridiculous comment that I am an SK. :D
Again, relatively scummy points throughout his play.

Its hard to call this one. I could see either as scum, and I don’t think id be sad to see either get lynched. However, there are big differences in their playstyles. We have Adel, who posts a lot of content, and is actually useful to the town. If shes not scum, she’d be a big loss to the town. On the other hand, I find Nano’s play more excusable. I could potentially see him as noob-town, who is genuinely finding the game too much. Adel on the other hand, id say was a safer bet to be scum.

so,
Vote: Adel

Its not a hammer, especially in light of Guardians suspect change of heart, but im going to play this game honestly-even if it means me getting lynched earlier than i should. Im not sure what happens in the case of a tie, but im be no means convinced of Nano's innocence either, so i think we have a shot at scum either way.

oh and again, if i die tonight, ffs kill MeMe tomorrow. unless both cops claim her innocent, im going to maintain that she is mafia here.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:52 am

Post by theopor_COD »

If the voting is tied then no one will be hung, only a stray pheasant that villagers tuck into for a hearty feast.

Votecount 12 - 7 hours to go.

Nanosauromo 5 - MeMe, Adel, Erotomachia, Streeflo, NanookTheWolf
Adel 4 - BM, YogurtBandit, Nanosauromo, ChaosOmega
BM 1 - Guardian

2 non voters - YagamiLight, Jalyn
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:22 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Battle Mage wrote:We have Adel, who posts a lot of content, and is actually useful to the town. ... so, Vote: Adel
I understand your reasoning, but saying someone is useful to the town is a weird preface to voting for them. As of right now, I think Nanosauromo and Adel are the two scummiest players, for different reasons.

Adel has been posting a lot of things that have sounded suspicious. She's also been posting a lot of things period. Nanosauromo, on the other hand, posts nowhere near as much, and a lot of his latest posts have not been very useful. Look at his last 3 posts:
Nanosauromo wrote:And what exactly is scummy about that?
Nanosauromo wrote:No, I honestyl don't understand why Gaurdian thinks that quote is scummy.
Nanosauromo wrote:No, I can't. What is so suspicious about it?
Are you just faking confusion so you don't have to answer anything? I would much rather lynch scum who don't post much content then scum who post a lot of content. So I'm going to
unvote
, mainly to cause separation and make it less likely for a no-lynch to occur.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:45 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

ChaosOmega wrote: Are you just faking confusion so you don't have to answer anything? I would much rather lynch scum who don't post much content then scum who post a lot of content. So I'm going to
unvote
So, You want someone to die?

Fos: CO
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Adel »

You want a nolynch?
Fos:YB
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Adel »

Battle Mage wrote:Interestingly, both claimed cops are voting Adel. Adel fishes A LOT. Potential relationship with MeMe. Makes a poll, which looks quite protown. Makes that comment about directing the vig, which is either totally dumb, or very scummy. I could potentially see over-confident over-active scum. More analysis of players. Pbpa doesn’t reveal a lot. Desperately pushes for people to commit to votes. Appears over-keen for an early lynch.
Later requests for a deadline extension. Possibly trying to look good. Comments on my absence. Later votes for me based on a fallacy. Nice. Also calls me a liar-odd when I hadn’t even said anything. lol
Then makes perhaps the scummiest post of the entire game. The one begging me to stop pressuring MeMe. It makes little sense for a protown player to say that-especially such a competent one.
Panics that im going to hammer her. Odd seeing as im one of several people not to vote, and I had given little indication that I thought she was scummy. Continues making evidence out of thin air.
You are a liar. You said you didn't have time to post, then you posted quite a bit. you said that you would post a long analysis on Friday, now you "don't have access" and it is now Saturday.

I hoped you'd type out some magick words like "aecimagbnihititia aioivonv" that would illuminate this game and break it wide open for town. Instead we get this post from you. Acting pretty much as I had predicted. I thought the degree to which N-L was lurking was scummy. I'm glad your active behavior confirms my hunch.

How many other players found my post directed at BM regarding his vote on MeMe to be "One of the scummiest in the game?" I can think of a few
I've
written which are scummier.

Guardian and BM have both posted inditing me. See how Guardian's posts are really critical but are factually accurate? BM's aren't. Guardian's vote for me isn't a reason for me to think he is scum.

BM: Give us a PBPA in support of your accusations, so that I can respond in kind. I accuse you of mindfully warping the evidence against me in support of your case, and I believe that a full and frank debate upon each of your points raised will expose you as scum attempting to prevent the lynch of NanoS.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

ChaosOmega wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:We have Adel, who posts a lot of content, and is actually useful to the town. ... so, Vote: Adel
I understand your reasoning, but saying someone is useful to the town is a weird preface to voting for them. As of right now, I think Nanosauromo and Adel are the two scummiest players, for different reasons.

Adel has been posting a lot of things that have sounded suspicious. She's also been posting a lot of things period. Nanosauromo, on the other hand, posts nowhere near as much, and a lot of his latest posts have not been very useful. Look at his last 3 posts:
Nanosauromo wrote:And what exactly is scummy about that?
Nanosauromo wrote:No, I honestyl don't understand why Gaurdian thinks that quote is scummy.
Nanosauromo wrote:No, I can't. What is so suspicious about it?
Are you just faking confusion so you don't have to answer anything? I would much rather lynch scum who don't post much content then scum who post a lot of content. So I'm going to
unvote
Why the hell can't you get that I don't see anything remotely scummy about that post? Maybe if you freaking told me what was scummy about it I'd understand!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Guardian »

unvote

I did more of a reskim than a reread, but I will revote, as promised, at the end of this post.

NanoS has not done much that is scummy... but that is because he has not done much of anything. His reasons for voting people are bad, his not understanding that his post was scummy was bad, and, not to be biblical or anything, he denied three times that he could figure out how his post was scummy. NanoS, if you are town and really can't understand, just fyi it is scummy because you are assuming one is SK, disregarding connections, and assuming that the SK would help mafia hunt and the mafia would help SK hunt. I don't much like his reasons for his suspicions of Nanook or Adel, his two main targets... but he really hasn't done much this game.

Adel has done a lot of things that are scummy... and I think some of them were intentionally trying to look town-like. Some requests she made of people and statements were just.... really bad. However, she has contributed a lot, and if she is town, she is at least trying to help us out. Adel, btw, I don't like how you asked me to drop my vote on you because I have been holding on to it for too long, I have good reasons for my suspicion as you've acknowledged. This is what I mean by just using rhetoric - instead of asking me to remove my vote, do more of the types of posts (which you have done, and definitely are capable of) where you use logic as to why you are not a good vote.

After my reskim, I don't think either Adel or NanoS are the ideal lynch for today. I think BM is a much better lynch for his reactions and stuff, his "fear" of getting NK'd, and what MeMe said about how he is lurking and trying to get away with it.

Eroto, I disagree that my vote on BM was pointless. It, at the least, is making a statement. I think he is likely the best play for today, and a few pages ago he had three votes on him. Maybe it was idealistic of me to think we could get a last minute wagon going, but I wanted to try and start it.

If I am NK'd please go back and look at my post a few posts back where I outlined all of the players. Take a hard look at BM, Adel, Jalyn, and most of all YB. I am just not thinking there are really two cops in the game; I will be very interested in YB's investigation results.

Anyways, of Adel or NanoS, who seem to be the two options...

vote NanoS

Lynch -1 makes it almost sure we will get a lynch today, which will give us info, which is obviously good. I echo the
FOS YB
for wanting a no lynch. I do not feel particularly good about lynching NanoS, but I do not feel particularly bad either, as he has not contributed much. The best reads we will get from his death are on those who pushed for his lynch and/or defended him.

I hope he is scum, and there is certainly a chance of it, but I do not feel sure about it. There is a definite possibility that he is just new town. I wish the BM wagon had happened, and I almost regret opposing the earlier one even though I thought it started for bad reasons, as BM's reactions to that small wagon and his iffy reasoning indicate to me that he is scum.

I hope I am alive and have a good result for you tomorrow.
Do not lynch me.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Streeflo »

I almost voted BM right off the bat when I saw post 543, but he eventually came back and did his analysis. I fully agree with erotomachia's posts. Guardian's vote on BM right now is virtually useless, and the last thing we need is a sudden bandwagon on someone 7 hours before deadline.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 am

Post by theopor_COD »

You got 77 minutes.

Nanosauromo 6
Adel 4
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Jalyn »

Sorry for not being back for so long. I think Adel is the better lynch of the two possible but as the votes stand, I'm not going to vote that way. (It would only take one other vote to push it to a tie and no lynch, which would be the worst possible result.) I don't see Nanosaurom as being particularly scummy, though, so I'm not voting that way.

So, what I'm going to do is check the thread again right before the deadline to see if an Adel lynch is possible at that point without my making a no lynch possible.

MeMe, to your objection, I expect that Theo would be a careful enough mod to react to in thread questions the same regardless of the allignment of the person that asked it.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Adel is actually at 3 votes, I think. There was an unvote hidden within Chaos Omega's post.

Anyway, Battle Mage seems to be digging himself into a deeper hole with every post. I didn't vote for him earlier because he had just replaced into the game, but he'll be a good person to pressure on Day 2.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:00 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Good posting ^^

Nano 6
Adel 3

Not Voting - Jalyn, YagamiLight, ChaosOmega
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Jalyn »

In that case, I'll make my preference official and
vote: Adel
as it is highly unlikely that someone could bring about a no lynch without outing themselves as scum.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:00 am

Post by theopor_COD »

The town had discussed the death of the mayor for two whole weeks, various options were discussed, however in the end they decided that Nanosauromo was most guilty of the heinous crime. Three sturdy townsfolk hitched the accused up to the gullotine, another pulled the lever . . . the dead was revealed as . . .

Nanosauromo, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

It is now nightime, deadline for all choices in 72 hours, so Tuesday 19th June at 11.00PM GMT.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

A night to forget for the residents of Theoville. Cracks of thunder and death all around. The town awake to see two dead bodies, one shot in the head, the other strangled painfully to death.

Battle Mage, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned
Erotomachia, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

9 of you remain, it's 5 to secure a lynch.

Deadline is Tuesday 3rd July, 03.00 GMT.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Adel »

It looks like I was totally wrong about both BM and NanoS. My guess is vig over SK or two factions as the cause of the second death, and that our three scum choose Erotomachia and not BM.

Hopefully a cop cleared me, else there is a noose in my future, for sure.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hmm, two deaths, odd targets... I've got to believe Battle Mage was killed by an errant vig, he looked so scummy... Erotomachia's (in lieu of my own, or MeMe's, or YB's, to name a few) death surprises me.

I got an interesting result from Theo last night; I can claim it now but I want YB to claim first. Ultimately, I think the town should decide exactly how and in what order we claim.
Do not lynch me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Why kill BM when he was in the hot seat to begin with?

The only player who really had much connection with him is Meme, but for some reason I can't see her pulling such an obvious move ... You think scum are trying to set her up?

I was banking on Nano being scum, and obviously that wasn't the case ..

Should we hear some results from these cops .. YB .. Guardian?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Adel »

YB then Guardian get my vote, for order to reveal information. It took me a sec to realize that Theo is our mod.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Adel wrote:YB then Guardian get my vote, for order to reveal information. It took me a sec to realize that Theo is our mod.
I second this ... !

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”