cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:04 am

Post by cuban smoker »

With many votes in favour, including all powers of veto, this ammendment passes. The resolution now reads:

MUNSCM 009: Oddsmaking
Noting that there is at most one nation among the permanent members of the Security Council in the Axis of Evil and may well be none;

Observing that our odds of striking scum are therefore either equal or far better by focusing on the non-permanent members;

Acknowledging that if there is an evil permanent member then we cannot lynch evil non-permanent members;

1. Removes permanent members of the Security Council's power of veto over resolutions concerning annihilation of specific countries, until further notice.

(If we had post reply enabled, I could format this quite impressively, including using strikethrough... do we have strikethrough? Anyway, since I'm using quick reply and a french keyboard mapped to a spanish character map while writing in english I just can't bring myself to hold "alt Gr" + "Shift" + "ñ" to make a square bracket)

I now call upon the next speaker on the speaker's list, Benin, who has allowed anyone who wishes to speak immediately "bud" in line. Any speakers?

Finally, if anyone wishes to be replaced, I have a proactive replacement willing to take your spot.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:19 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Aww, I didn't get a chance to defend my initial resolution. Ah well; I was and am of the opinion that not voting the permanent members is to our advantage until and unless we have information on them or some remarkable reason to vote them in information's absence, and the resolution-as-stated was intended to offer them some protection aganst scum spamming the council with resolutions to lynch them, but it did not offer so much additional protection for them that the revocation of the first clause is likely to lead to any tragedies. We just have to use our common sense and not propose any of them without some stellar reasons.
For the delegate from Germany, I point out that two scum countries with veto power could have (until this resolution) vetoed each other's lynches with impunity and there would have been no way for the UN to win, ever. Therefore I credit the Chair with the foresight to ascertain that there were not, in fact, two countries with veto power on the Axis of Evil before convening this council.
For the delegate from China, I realize that the "safety" of pro-town permanent members vetoing each other's lynches is gone, but one, who assures the rest of the council that they are pro-town (and once such assurance is given, why are they up for lynching?), and two, we need the anti-town members to be vetoless far more, since as long as they aren't we will find it impossible to lynch non-permanent members unless they are pro-town. Indeed, I wonder at your opposition to such an abundantly necessary move.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:18 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Thank you delegate from Benin. I assume you stand for points of information. All delegates may now ask points of information of the speaker.

I also remind the delegates that the speaker's list is open, and the list is very short (read: empty).
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:05 am

Post by mathcam »

Can we start voting?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:14 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Can we start voting?
someone has to make a motion to begin voting.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:45 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Delegate from Germany, voting on what?

The delegate from Romania is correct that would need something to vote on.

All delegates may ask POIs of the speaker.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:52 am

Post by mathcam »

The delegate from Germany motions that we close debate on MUNSCUM 009.

Cam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:04 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: In favor
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:47 am

Post by mathcam »

Hm, oh yeah.
Vote: In favor

Cam
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:27 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I don't think much more needs to be said, and so
Benin votes yea
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:00 am

Post by cuban smoker »

In general, delegates making motions and speaking on motions do not need to vote for them, their votes are implicit. Same with ammendments. However, for Resolutions, all votes are counted separately, as delegates have more opportunity to hear differing view points, and thus to change their minds.

Now, the moment you are all dreading. I audited participation (I did a "all" on the thread, saved the webpage, FTPed it through my school, and read it from work. I nominate myself for the next round of scummies for the award of "bends over backwards the most to be a scummer"). So, the results:

I would like to commend Dasquian, Talitha, the silent speaker, mathcam and ZONEACE for their recent and overall commitment to the game.

I would like to commend Flying Dutchman, PolarBoy and massive for their past and overall commitment, although noting that recent participation has waned.

I would like to encourage Fishbulb, Leonidas, shadyforce and Thoth to participate more, although they have recently voted so it shows they at least read the thread.

I would like to draw attention to people who haven't posted in a little while:

melchizedek (March 30th)
EnPaceRequiescat (March 10th)
Diotima (January 30th)

These players will receive mod prods.

Now, I have thought about this for a while. Please go to Mafia Discussion forum and vote at the poll I have set up.

Back to the game.

Thank you delegate from Germany, that motion is in order at this point. We can hear one speaker against the motion, who may speak immediately. Delegates should vote for the motion, no abstensions.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:27 am

Post by Narninian »

/Hijack

Noting that MUNSCM can be a very fun game - but with Lurkers present that it reduces the fun.

Acknowledging some players like to play at a quicker pace;

1. Suggests the council pass a resolution Replacing Lurkers

2. Strongly Suggests the council pass a resolution to replace EnPaceRequisemscat who hasnt posted since March 10th;

3. Acknowledging that Narninian would be willing to replace anyone in the game that needs it

4. Also Acknowledging that Narninan has been to Brasil and would Love to be a delegate from there

5. Strongly Suggests that EnPaceRequisemscat Retire as Delegate from Brasil and that Narninian be his replacement

/endHijack
The extra in is for /in
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:45 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Huh. This "resolution" from the observation gallery is clearly out of order (although it does demonstrate this observer's potential commitment to the game).

Reviewing the thread, I realized I slipped up on procedures regarding ammendments. When an ammendment is proposed, there are supposed to be two speakers opposed and another speaker against. (Which is what we were doing at the beginning, but somewhere I started asking for only one opposed). We will be returning to an additional in favour, and two opposed, non of which may be asked POIs, as is usual.

Delegates, please continue voting on the motion to close debate!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:55 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I want to replace Diotima and EPR. mel doesn't need replacing yet. I have on replacement who's already made themselves known. If I can find another replacement, I will replace them both. Narninian will (BUT NOT YET!) be most likely replacing EPR (by request to represent Brazil).
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:01 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Now is an excellent opportunity to express your desire to get replaced if you are currently playing. I am actively looking for replacements as well. If we continue to have 15 interested players, the game will continue.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:18 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Votes: Yes
to closing Debate on MUNSCUM 009.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:45 pm

Post by Dasquian »

France
votes in favour
of closing debate on MUNSCM 009.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:23 pm

Post by Talitha »

USA votes in favour.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:26 am

Post by massive »

The Phillipines votes
in favour
of closing debate on MUNSCM 009.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:28 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Hmm... yeah.
vote: in favour

Note to self: I really, really have to catch up on this one. Sorry - I promise to participate more.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:42 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I've finished reading the thread. all I have left is to reread the section on procedures, etc. I do not know how to apologize for my previous lack of participation, as I should have let everybody know how previous school things had made following this interesting game harder than usual.

and as for now,
vote: in favor
freak with short term memory
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:50 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Working on replacements. The game definetly has enough interest to continue for now. But, business as usual...

The motion to close debate on MUNSCM 009 passes.

Here is MUNSCM 009 as it currently stands:

MUNSCM 009: Oddsmaking

Noting that there is at most one nation among the permanent members of the Security Council in the Axis of Evil and may well be none;

Observing that our odds of striking scum are therefore either equal or far better by focusing on the non-permanent members;

Acknowledging that if there is an evil permanent member then we cannot lynch evil non-permanent members;

Removes
permanent members of the Security Council's power of veto over resolutions concerning annihilation of specific countries, until further notice.

I would entertain motions that deal with voting procedures, but there is only one operative clause. So...

Delegates, please vote on this resolution now! (you may abstain, all 5 veto powers must not vote opposed for this resolution to pass)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:53 am

Post by mathcam »

The delegate from Germany votes
In favor
of the resolution.

- Germany
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:17 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Narninian, delegate from Angola, is replacing Diotima, delegate from Angola.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”