Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Adel wrote:It took me a sec to realize that Theo is our mod.
Luckily this is one game, where I'm free of any suspicion :wink:
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Yeah, YB then Guardian.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I think strangled signifies SK more than a vig. Since when do vigs strangle their targets? Oo

I'll go with YB first.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

I agree that YogurtBandit should post his result first.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Damn, I was really enjoying this game. Good luck town, you'll need it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

well im a bit surprised about that. Still, you all know what you need to do now.
good luck town.
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:52 am

Post by MeMe »

theopor_COD wrote:This setup is mostly closed, however you receive one piece of information. As the limited flavour suggests, there are two factions in this game, the town and the mafia.
So -- no SK, which means the second kill was most certainly a vigilante. As Guardian said (and Nanook implied), I believe it makes more sense that Battle Mage was killed by town rather than the scum. But since "shot" was used for both the night 1 death and Battle Mage's, it rather implies that a gun is the
scum
method of killing.

I actually prefer that Guardian gives his results first. YB seems a bit easier to "trip up" -- not a very careful player. If Guardian's the scum, he's a bit harder to read and I prefer that he be made to commit to a result early.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:54 am

Post by MeMe »

Change "Night 1 death" to "Night 0 death" above.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Guardian »

I am somewhat vilified in that I defended the initial attack on BM; his later actions looked so scummy though, so maybe he would have been lynched today and we are better off.

I would list my main suspects for today, but I do not want to hint at what my result was.

I will say that I think YB is likely scum. I want to see his "result" first, because a two cop setup is remotely possible, but I do not want him to be able to base his result upon mine...

Also, my result in and of itself is such that I would like to see him go first. I will go by whatever the town decides, but it seems that already (myself included) six of the remaining nine town members prefer to see YB's result first.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:31 am

Post by MeMe »

I know I'm in the minority with my opinion on which "cop" should go first -- but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

And I think it's interesting that you're feeling weird about BM. I think you were a johnny-come-lately to the case against him, waiting until it had pretty much been decided by the majority that he wouldn't be lynched before switching your vote to him. And the thread shows that you did the exact opposite of "defend[ing] the initial attack on BM." Your posts 434, 457, 462, 467, 472, and 494 all contain variations on you
not
liking the initial case against BM.

What am I misunderstanding?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:I defended the initial attack on BM
That should be "I defended BM from the initial attack". My brain thought that defended the initial attack meant I tried to prevent against the initial attack, for some reason.
Do not lynch me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:08 am

Post by MeMe »

What makes you think that the fact you were against the initial attack on someone who wound up innocent could "vilify" you?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:I am somewhat vilified in that I defended the initial attack on BM; his later actions looked so scummy though, so maybe he would have been lynched today and we are better off.
I don't think that that villifies you Guardian. Although I may have thoughts of you being a cop more so then YB at this point, I still have some slight suspicions of you ..

No one is ever 100% cleared in a game unless it's a newbie game and the cop claimed he had an innocent result/guilty result, and was killed during the night .. No one.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Guardian »

Ahh!, I thought I made a post before Nanook made his, but it disappeared. Basically, I was sleepy, and I didn't know the definition of vilify. The real definition has nothing to do with "feeling justified/good about". GAH! All I was trying to say, is this:

I [felt justified for/was happy about/give myself props for] defending BM from the attack against him, because my (initial, at least) read was correct in that I thought he legitimately had reasons for lurking and was not using it as a tactic.
Do not lynch me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Why did you feel the need to point this out Guardian?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Sorry I didnt have time to post my result right away, but I Investigated Meme and got innocent. My sanity is unknown. Guardian, Im sure you investigated me, but keep in mind, both of our Sanities are unknown.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Guardian »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Why did you feel the need to point this out Guardian?
Because I fell under considerable attack by MeMe yesterday for my reasoning, and I turned out to be right. It was a small point; my horrible articulation of it is emphasizing it.

YogurtBandit, now that you have posted your "result", I see no reason not to post my own. I was very tempted to target you last night, because I still do not buy that you are a cop. However, I decided to target Adel instead. She pushed for the NanoS lynching, and MeMe defended her against lynching for what seemed to me to be silly reasons. She has generated a lot of anti-town noise, and whatever her alignment showed up as, it would be useful information to me. I got a
guilty
on Adel.

YB, this bit about my sanity and your sanity is great and all, but I am just not buying it. I think this is a one cop game, and I think I am sane, and I think we have two scum, Adel and YB, with MeMe looking very suspicious if Adel/YB does turn up scum. If YB is a cop, then I would assume we are sane/insane, and either Adel and MeMe are both town, or both scum. I am going to do a re-read when I get time, and look for interactions between the two. Right now, voting for Adel, who I got a guilty result on, seems appropriate.

vote: Adel
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Adel »

Since Guardian is wrong that means he is insane and not scum, right? A scum fake-claiming cop would report an innocent result, right?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Voting for Adel would prove your sanity, but I question why you didn't investigate YB when you sound so sure that he too isn't a cop ..
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Streeflo »

Sorry about the SK thought. Didn't read the first post too well.

I don't think there's a sane cop
and
an insane cop in one game. That's overpowered to have two cops that can give results. I think the most likely scenario is that one of you is lying scum. The second most likely would be one of you guys being paranoid or naive.

Both cop results are believable to me right now. MeMe seemed protown yesterday, and Adel could easily be guilty with her wall of words.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:53 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Now that we've seen the results and given YB a day, I want Yb to discuss something with me.
YogurtBandit wrote:
YagamiLight wrote:My self quote, they have been on here so often now. I wanted a comment on your contradiction. My main question, though, is why you said i was scum for pointing them out?
Simple mistake. and I dont recall saying you were scum for THAT reason.
First off, I don't buy that it was a simple mistake, it was a major mistake if an accident, because like you said yourself, you claimed to disprove Gaurdian, but then you also said you claimed because you were being bandwagoned. Yeah, your right you never did say I was scum for that reason, you just say I'm Adel's scumbuddy and give no reason. Also, you kept dodging my questions as if I would just forget it. In the first case I'm a little understanding, because I didn't repost them in that post, but then I reposted and constantly kept reposting them, they were on page 14, page 15, page 16 where I asked and Guardian posted them, and page 18.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Guardian -- you felt under "considerable attack" from me? Could you show me what posts of mine justify that feeling?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Guardian »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Voting for Adel would prove your sanity, but I question why you didn't investigate YB when you sound so sure that he too isn't a cop ..
I investigated Adel because I realized that if I got a guilty on YB, he would say "Oh, you must be insane". If I got an innocent on him, that would prove that there are two cops, but I highly doubted that I would get an innocent result on him. Also, if he is really a cop, more suspicion was on him at that point, and I was sure he would be NK'd if innocent because he would be less likely to draw potential doc protection. Frankly, I am quite surprised he and I are still alive - either the scum are trying to play us against each other, or they got doc WIFOM'd, or YB is scum. I think that YB is scum.

However, I do not think he is the lynch for today, because I got a guilty result - if we lynch Adel and she turns up town, that would confirm YB in my eyes; he would have to be a sane cop and I an insane (or paranoid) one. I doubt that that will prove to be the case, but it is a slight possibility.
Streeflo wrote:I don't think there's a sane cop and an insane cop in one game. That's overpowered to have two cops that can give results. I think the most likely scenario is that one of you is lying scum. The second most likely would be one of you guys being paranoid or naive.
In games that I've read, at least, one insane and one sane cop is popular when two cops are present. What I agree with you on is that there are definitely not two sane cops in the game.
MeMe wrote:Guardian -- you felt under "horrible attack" from me? Could you show me what posts of mine justify that feeling?
MeMe, I said considerable attack. Please don't put quotes around words if I didn't say them. The attack was significant, as I was the first to defend BM and you were digging for reasons and saying that there weren't any. The posts in question are 460 and 466, especially 466.
MeMe in 466 wrote:I'm really having a difficult time understanding why anyone would be alright with what BM is doing -- especially now that he's clarified that he thought the deadline was even closer than it actually is. The three possible scenarios for excusing it are: 1) he's buddy scum, 2) he's town and you know it because you're scum, 3) um...I can't think of a good third, so you'll have to help me out here.
You are basically calling me scum here for defending BM. You later dropped your suspicion of me as more people came to BM's defense, but when I spoke out first you started to really question my reasons for doing so - reasons that turned out to be correct. I didn't like this action by you, and I still don't - you stopped pushing for a BM lynch solely because others disagreed with you.
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:Since Guardian is wrong that means he is insane and not scum, right? A scum fake-claiming cop would report an innocent result, right?
First, How would you know? a Fake claimed cop could say anything, so nice job getting into the mind of scum. You claim Townie then? Doc or 'nilla?

Second, This is my last day, Since Im positive I will be N'ked if not Lynched.Guardian, I do hope you find your sanity, So you can use it. The next best way to test sanity is to Lynch, So if Adel come sup scum, You're Paranoid or Sane, If Town Naive or Insane.I really think you are of the two latter, because of my investigation. In your latest(597) you're pretty sure you are gulity-Paranoid, which I agree with. I guess its some sort of bond between us, we cant just pull eachother as scum. Or maybe one of us is hiding something. If you got Guilty, I would say you were Insane-Paranoid, At least in my mind. Adel is scummy, so I say you're sane. i meither Naive or Insane if so, and if Im Insane, MeMe is her scumbuddy. Besides that, A bigger situation we have is that there is an Sk, so Meme could be indeed an SK and I got an Innocent. But MeMe is doing a good job of being pro-town and giving good content, So she in my book is town, Even though I did Investigate Her. Or She apparently has me Confused. The Scum are trying to play us against each other, So lets argue so we can stay alive. j/k
But, Theyll Kill One of us, Possibly me if MeMe is scum, But then again not anymore after reading that. If We lynch Adel, It'll be easier for us to survive into Day 3.
Doc's, Protect me and Guardain Tonight.
Idoubt there are Docs,with 2 sucseesful Kills, and Two cops, Its unlikely.. Anyways, so We can survive into D3, and I was Voting her yesterday

Vote Adel
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:I investigated Adel because I realized that if I got a guilty on YB, he would say "Oh, you must be insane". If I got an innocent on him, that would prove that there are two cops, but I highly doubted that I would get an innocent result on him. Also, if he is really a cop, more suspicion was on him at that point, and I was sure he would be NK'd if innocent because he would be less likely to draw potential doc protection.
You are forgetting that naive & paranoid are possible cop sanity.

Possible power role combinations based on evidence so far:
a: 1 sane cop, 1 insane cop (or naive or paranoid), 1 vig
b: 1 sane cop, 1 vig
c: 1 insane (or naive or paranoid) cop, 1 vig.
d: 2 insane cops (or naive or paranoid) cops, 1 vig

If there were a mafia RB, I think they would've used him.
There could be a Godfather.

We all agree that there isn't a SK.

Lynching me or MeMe wouldn't prove much.

Possible lynch results:
e)Adel is town: Guardian is paranoid or lying scum. Or our mod is a bastard for making me a miller without telling me.
f)Adel is scum: Guardian is paranoid or sane.
g)MeMe is scum: YB is naive, or lying scum
h)MeMe is Town: YB is sane, or naive.

Can cops investigate themselves?

I don't think the NKs help us determine the alignment of either of our cop claims. WIFOM and fear of a doc could've kept scum away from both cops. Not wanting to out a cop-fake claim could as well.

2/5ths of my voters died last night, and were town. That creates a strange feeling.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”