ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

unvote

Sonicpulsar, you're basing your vote off of a guess between two possible choices, factoring in what you think others might do in that situation. That's bad enough as it is, but you're arguing so damn hard for your side, and it's somewhat confusing, because part of you sounds like you want him lynched, but you keep saying that we'll lynch the hammer day 2. That's not the best way to get a final vote on him.

And
FOS: Aceiks

Aceiks wrote:vote TrustGossip for significant lurking
I haven't posted for a longer period of time than TrustGossip. Just wondering why you singled him out when there are other people doing more of the same thing.
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Aceiks »

remussaidow wrote:because the attention in an early lynch goes immeadiately to the hammerer.

I also claimed. And was not a power role. Scum don't want me, they want to out said power roles so that they can remove the town's helpers.
These are both good points. If I may take them out of order. The second is actually a point I consider in your favor, especially with the prevalance of the LAL philosophy deterring false vanilla claims.

I think Sonic addressed the first, if not clearly, at least understandably enough that I hope I can add some more to the discussion.

I think I might be able to summarize what I believe Sonic was attempting to present into "a short day 1 that results in a town lynch is a very good thing for scum". I believe we can all agree on this, so can say that it would be beneficial for the scum to have lynched you (assuming you are town). One of the two better situations, for scum, would be a short day 1 that resulted in a power role lynch. Which your second point brings up.

In response to "the hammerer will come under direct suspicion" let me say that ANY day that results in a townie lynch will cause that. So scum may tend to try to not hammer. The best that scum can hope for is a townie hammerer, which is a valid reason for the scum to wait in this case, since the reasons for voting for Remus were thin to begin with. This is the second situation that is better than the one Sonic is discussing that I can think of.

In summary (assuming Remus is town) there was a reason for scum to hammer (short day 1, town lynch) and at least one reason for them to wait (short day 1, town lynch WITH a town hammerer would be superb). I'm not quite sure which of these would be greater. I tend to believe the second since they also have the option of waiting, starting another bandwagon, and trying to get a power role as Remus points out.

To all lurkers
You may be looking at this thread, thinking it's boring and leaving. It's boring as a DIRECT result of your inactivity. The 5 of us going around in circles is bound to be repetitive. Perhaps us actives should consider some pressure. (Yes, this will bring the scum calls upon me, color me desperate.)
<|TBD|>
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Aceiks »

remussaidow wrote:Ace, comment on the discussion between sonic and myself, if you're still around.
Done, and if I may... my name is Aceiks.

That's more for you calling Sonic an idiot than the "My name is Remus" comment. Paraphrasing something I read on this board "Write like everyone in the game is your friend, think like they're your enemies". I may have botched that horribly, but I think I got the gist. I'm actually alright with being called Ace.

[quote = "ChaosOmega"]I haven't posted for a longer period of time than TrustGossip. Just wondering why you singled him out when there are other people doing more of the same thing.[/quote]

I disuss, to an extent, my singling out of TG in post 156. I did miss you and Haut in my quite unscientific browse through who hadn't posted recently. TG's post is really what got under my skin enough for me to single him out though.
<|TBD|>
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Ok, so maybe Aceiks just summarized everything clearer in one post than I did in like 5, but my point still stands.

I think it far less likely that the mafia were attempting to avoid having a member be the hammerer on Day 1 than they would be to get into the power position of a townie being lynched on Day 1. In other words, I think a lynched townie (even if only Vanilla) on Day 1 far outweighs the negatives associated with immediate suspicion cast upon the hammerer, even if it would have been a scum.

But maybe that's just me.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Aceiks »

Sonicpulsar wrote:In other words, I think a lynched townie (even if only Vanilla) on Day 1 far outweighs the negatives associated with immediate suspicion cast upon the hammerer, even if it would have been a scum.

But maybe that's just me.
But does it outweigh the possible positives of getting a power role and/or an actual townie hammer? I kind of think not. But now we're getting into subjective territory.
<|TBD|>
Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Aceiks »

Pardon for multiple posts, but Chaos, you haven't posted in 11 days. How did you happen to show up 20 minutes after I did a lurk vote? That's a fair amount of coincidence.
<|TBD|>
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Hi, sorry. Work is finally getting to me. I have to do writeup summaries of three games I'm in so expect one within the next two days or so.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
BrazeGoesMoo
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by BrazeGoesMoo »

I'll be posting soon.

I just got promoted at work, and now it's time for shotgun training. WOO >:O
BrazeGoesMoo
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by BrazeGoesMoo »

EBWOP: Not training in use of shotgun. More like shotgun wedding, if training programming were the shotgun in this analogy :D
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 am

Post by remussaidow »

heh, I was about to say

Interesting job you got there.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

I apologize for my inactivity; finals were a bitch. I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I was hoping for more discussion before I leave tomorrow (Friday) and won't get back until Sunday (late). That pretty much just leaves today. How about some prodding?
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Oh, and if anyone cares, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament in Tulsa, OK. Weep for me if the temperature is >100 :(
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:02 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Not available until Saturday.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:20 am

Post by remussaidow »

[quote= "sonicpulsar"] Oh, and if anyone cares, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament in Tulsa, OK. Weep for me if the temperature is >100 [/quote]

Try playing in freezing rain.

am waiting on this: [quote= "Haut Boy"]I apologize for my inactivity; finals were a bitch. I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.[/quote]
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:26 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Im here, Im going to do some re-reading.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:47 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry for my failure at quote tags, but I don't know how to make them work right
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:08 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

remussaidow wrote:sorry for my failure at quote tags, but I don't know how to make them work right
Like this:

Code: Select all

[quote="Playername"]...[/quote]
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 am

Post by yellowbounder »

I WILL DEFINITELY POST TODAY AT SOME POINT.

Hopefully.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

yellowbounder wrote:I WILL DEFINITELY POST TODAY AT SOME POINT.

Hopefully.
You just did. :shock:
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:46 am

Post by remussaidow »

oooh, the goddamned space.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

remussaidow wrote:
sonicpulsar wrote: Oh, and if anyone cares, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament in Tulsa, OK. Weep for me if the temperature is >100
Try playing in freezing rain.

am waiting on this:
Haut Boy wrote:I apologize for my inactivity; finals were a bitch. I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.

fixed.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by Qman »

*sick family, playing wet nurse, will post after a full read through in the next day or so*
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:33 am

Post by remussaidow »

sorry guys, surprise bought of probable unpostability

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”