Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

AlSleet wrote:This situation is really uncertain. I think it'd be stupid to lynch him today for the chance that he as a vigilante, but, on the other hand, it'd be too risky toget all the power roles out there. I'm leaning towards a situation where he's getting a free ride through the game by trying to lull us all into a sense that it'd be too much of a risk to lynch him despite his anti-town behavior. I think we'll just have to see what happens in the first night though.
I've got a question that might help us decide where to go from here.

At this point, my opinion is that if hand banana is, in fact the vig, then he is effectively a forced/overeager vig (i.e, a vig that has to fire every night), especially since IMO revealing power roles is almost as bad as killing them off. From what I've seen in past games, forced vigs tend to be a liability to the town - they don't have the option of just not firing, so they often wind up shooting at vaguely scummy players who turn out to be power roles.

My question for everyone is, is it in the best interests of the town to lynch a claimed forced vig on Day 1, given that a forced vig is a town power role that is known to backfire horribly on the town?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 am

Post by hand banana »

am i crazy or these guys are??
first of all:
(for example: X claims cop, Y counterclaims, town lynches X who turns out to be the real cop, at night you kill Y)
that Y guy would then be lynched, no need for nk from me. vig can NEVER be 100% sure or a guy who hasn't been lynched, unless he gets a another vig fake claim. so, if a vig is 100% sure (like in your example) town will also be 100% sure and lynch the guy.
so, all this you said is BS.
It seems like the possibility of not using your ability tonight, which is the correct play, hasn't even crossed your mind.
what??
i said that i will prob. not kill anyone like 1000 times!

By the way, don't you see how many people are disagreeing with your plan?
yes. i will lynch whoever town decides, but i will not count your vote, panzer's vote, Tarhalindur's vote (you're my scum sucpects), and nekka's vote (he's judgement is very poor)
tonight.. you!
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:55 am

Post by hand banana »

My question for everyone is, is it in the best interests of the town to lynch a claimed forced vig on Day 1, given that a forced vig is a town power role that is known to backfire horribly on the town?
haha.. damn this is scummy.
my role doesn't say anything about "forced" killing, so i guess i don't have to kill if i don't want to.
and i will not decide for myself. i will count the votes from he people that are not my suspects or a liability.
tonight.. you!
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

hand banana wrote:

haha.. damn this is scummy.
my role doesn't say anything about "forced" killing, so i guess i don't have to kill if i don't want to.
and i will not decide for myself. i will count the votes from he people that are not my suspects or a liability.
I didn't say that you were actually a forced vig, I said that (up until your post 197, which I didn't notice until after I posted that) you were pushing for a plan that would effectively make you a forced vig. There is a difference.

That said, it seems that you are finally behaving in a pro-town manner. As long as you are effectively a second lynch, we no longer have to worry about you (since if you are SK or mafia you either have to go along with the town's decision or get lynched).
UnFoS: hand banana
User out of ambit.

Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Falcone »

hand banana wrote:(T)hat Y guy would then be lynched, no need for nk from me. vig can NEVER be 100% sure or a guy who hasn't been lynched, unless he gets a another vig fake claim. so, if a vig is 100% sure (like in your example) town will also be 100% sure and lynch the guy.
so, all this you said is BS.
You realize that it's a great benefit for the town to have the possibility to have a vigilante nightkill a (semi)confirmed scum instead of having to use the next day's lynch on them, right?
hand banana wrote:yes. i will lynch whoever town decides, but i will not count your vote, panzer's vote, Tarhalindur's vote (you're my scum sucpects), and nekka's vote (he's judgement is very poor)
So, everyone who doesn't agree with your plan is either scum or stupid? Personally, I think Tarhalindur is protown. Panzerjager I'm a lot less sure about.

Also, since you say to be so happy about your vote on me, could you please explain why you think I'm scum? (Hint: "I already explained that" isn't enough.)
hand banana wrote:yeah, right.. i'd be an idiot to claim vig on L-5 on the first day if i were scum..
scum don't throw themselves in spotlight like that.
Using WIFOM logic to try and justify your claim is very suspicious, especially since you admitted yourself that you intended from the beginning to claim on Day 1.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:51 am

Post by PJ. »

Why are you unsure about me Falcone?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

need to reread. more later.
I play the games rul gud.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am

Um, why has no one suggested just to handbanana the possibility of not killing tonight? Theres no need to be forcing claims, when you could easily out a power role. Imagine if it were the doc, they couldnt protect themselves. Also, if a doc happened to notice these implications, you say you would vig anyone who didnt claim? it seems like a surefire way to take down the town.

Also, there is obviously the possibility that handbanana is actually a serial killer. However, I definately disagree with lynching our claimed vig. He just can not go through with this plan.
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 am

Post by hand banana »

Um, why has no one suggested just to handbanana the possibility of not killing tonight?
because you didn't read the game, that's why.
tonight.. you!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 am

I did read the game. I mustve missed when someone did. But how come it is not being considered the most prominent option?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:57 am

er, at least until recently is what i meant.
AlSleet
AlSleet
Goon
AlSleet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by AlSleet »

Tarhalindur wrote:
AlSleet wrote:This situation is really uncertain. I think it'd be stupid to lynch him today for the chance that he as a vigilante, but, on the other hand, it'd be too risky toget all the power roles out there. I'm leaning towards a situation where he's getting a free ride through the game by trying to lull us all into a sense that it'd be too much of a risk to lynch him despite his anti-town behavior. I think we'll just have to see what happens in the first night though.
I've got a question that might help us decide where to go from here.

At this point, my opinion is that if hand banana is, in fact the vig, then he is effectively a forced/overeager vig (i.e, a vig that has to fire every night), especially since IMO revealing power roles is almost as bad as killing them off. From what I've seen in past games, forced vigs tend to be a liability to the town - they don't have the option of just not firing, so they often wind up shooting at vaguely scummy players who turn out to be power roles.

No way. Even if I don't like it, there's still no counterclaim and I'd rather put my vote on someone who hasn't claimed a pro-town power role and not been counterclaimed. I think we should all step back and look at other players besides handbanana- this situation is distractng us too much from the task at hand: finding scum.
I drink everyone's milkshake.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Vote: Tarhalindur

Tar is the only person I've seen who is continuously trying to take down a claimed, unchallenged vig. That is not good in my book.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Tar is also using an argument for lynch that is definitely a scumtell. He is saying the claimed vig is an inexperienced forced vig, and therefore we should lynch him. Tar has lain low most of the game--he now reared his ugly head to try and get a quick lynch.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
AlSleet
AlSleet
Goon
AlSleet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by AlSleet »

Khelvaster wrote:
Vote: Tarhalindur

Tar is the only person I've seen who is continuously trying to take down a claimed, unchallenged vig. That is not good in my book.
He just unfos'd him a few months ago...

Unless I'm hallucinating or something...
AlSleet
AlSleet
Goon
AlSleet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by AlSleet »

EBWOP: Posts not months

Maybe I am hallucinating...
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by PJ. »

Khelvaster pay attention. I'm the one attacking Banana, the SK.
Mod:
We nee prods and vote counts.
Please be more active mod.
AlSleet
AlSleet
Goon
AlSleet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by AlSleet »

I'd just like to raise a point that we have a big problem: we've had 9 pages so far and we're not close to lynching anyone. We can't lynch handbanana yet because it would be way too risky to lynch a noncounterclaimed power role. The situation has been distracting us way too long and I think we need to move away from it because I don't much further can come from it until day 2. So I'd like to see whom, other than handbanana, everyone finds suspicious and hopefully some discussion will come from it and we'll come closer to eliminating scum.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

AlSleet wrote:I'd just like to raise a point that we have a big problem: we've had 9 pages so far and we're not close to lynching anyone. We can't lynch handbanana yet because it would be way too risky to lynch a noncounterclaimed power role. The situation has been distracting us way too long and I think we need to move away from it because I don't much further can come from it until day 2. So I'd like to see whom, other than handbanana, everyone finds suspicious and hopefully some discussion will come from it and we'll come closer to eliminating scum.
I agree with you here, AlSleet. Maybe it's time to try something here that I've tried before when a game stalled...

Given the rampant lurking and how little information we actually have, I think what we need is a new topic of discussion. In light of this, I propose that we use one of the best known of all discussion generators - the Top 3 Scum List. Here's how it works: everyone posts the three people they feel are most likely to be scum, and gives reasons why they feel that way.

Sound good? I'll start us off. Tarhalindur's Top 3 Scum List:

T1) Khelvaster. He's one of a couple of players who I've been suspicious of for a while. I don't like how you seemed to be lurker hunting earlier in the day, nor do I like how you immediately agreed with Panzerjager when he FoS'ed the lurker hunters (especially since you were effectively agreeing with him FoS'ing yourself). I'm concerned about your claim that I've been "laying low most of the game and rearing my ugly head to get a quick lynch" - my gut feeling up until the page before hand banana claimed was that hand banana was likely an aggressive townie (as I pointed out at least one or two times earlier in the thread) and with all the conversation revolving around hand banana I found it difficult to make a case against anyone else. (IMO, this is also a case of "pot calling the kettle black"; as far as I can see, Khelvaster has also been staying under the radar most of the game, despite a few questionable acts such as his lurker hunt earlier in the Day.) Finally, I'm disturbed by how you claim that I've been "consistently trying to take down an uncounterclaimed vig", since that's not the case for reasons that I'll explain below - if anyone's guilty of pushing a lynch on an uncounterclaimed vig, it's Panzerjager, who's been pushing the "hand banana is SK" theory rather vigorously as of late.

Speaking of Panzerjager...

T1) Panzerjager. Outside of his recent posts pushing the "hand banana is SK" theory, I can't find anything in Panzerjager's posts that I can make a proper case on. Despite that, my gut feeling is that Panzerjager is likely scum. I can't put a finger on it, but he seems to radiate an aura of scumminess that's distracting the town while keeping him out of the town's eye.

3) hand banana. As I've previously noted, at the moment the *only* thing that's kept me from voting you has been that you're an uncounterclaimed vig. Even that hasn't really put my mind at ease about you, because I have deep reservations about vigs who fire blindly and don't listen to the town's consensus (i.e, "Azwolging" vigs), to the extent that IMO the main difference between an Azwolging vig and an SK is that the Azwolging vig counts as a pro-town player in endgame.

That said, you *are* an uncounterclaimed vig, and you've recently agreed to follow the wishes of the town when deciding whether and who to vig (this is critical, as you were #1 on my scum list despite your claim until you agreed to follow the town's wishes). Regardless of your true alignment, you can wait until tomorrow.

Since there are two people in the game that I find about equally scummy, I won't vote either of them until I've made up my mind as to which is more likely to be scum.
FoS: Khelvaster
I'd FoS Panzerjager too, except that I still have an FoS (and IGMEOY) on him from earlier.
User out of ambit.

Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Post by Falcone »

Vote: Khelvaster

Tarhalindur isn't even voting hand banana, so he's definitely not trying to lynch a claimed vig, let alone quick lynch.

I have more reasons, but I don't have time right now, I'll elaborate later.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by PJ. »

Unvote, Vote:Khelvaster

I have a stack of reasons but between not paying attention and being a hypocrite I can stick my vote on him comfortably without having to put all my reasons out there yet.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Khelvaster »

My bad...I shouldn't post so late at night...

Unvote: tar
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Ok, sorry for not posting, I had a really big post and it came up with the quota :( I'll get back to sending it when I remember what I said. Sorry for inconvinience.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Panzerjager wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Khelvaster

I have a stack of reasons but between not paying attention and being a hypocrite I can stick my vote on him comfortably without having to put all my reasons out there yet.
I'd rather see your stack of reasons...

Anyway, generally this game's confusuing me at the moment. As I can't see any way of distinguishing wether Banana's an SK, Scum, or Vig, Panzer please explain why he is so definitely an SK? Surely if he was SK he would try and lie low and not give out details about his NK abilities.

Khelvaster, your pinning that on Tar was idiotic, since Pan was the one pushing for the lynch.

Also, I'm worried about us playing a 12-man game with 9 players. There's a very good chance that one of them is either scum or power role.

Question; How many Power roles do you think we are likely to have in this game?
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:33 am

Post by PJ. »

He is SK. Look at the way he is playing. He isn't listening to the town but claimed vig and that he was all for the town. Now he is selfish and on a powertrip, which is lynchable when it's a vig cause he becomes a protown Serial Killer. What was the motive behind claiming vig so quick? He took a shot and is uncounterclaimed which totally cleared him in several people eyes, regardless of what he has said. On top of this he wants to kill me who has been probably the most active at trying to catch scum, among other things. If he is a vig, he is a detriment and should be dealt with. If he is an SK, he is again a detriment and should be dealt with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”