Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Aceiks »

TrustGossip wrote: I have to do writeup summaries of three games I'm in so expect one within the next two days or so.
Braze wrote:I'll be posting soon.
Hautboy wrote: I'll review everything tonight and post tomorrow.
Yellowbounder wrote:I WILL DEFINITELY POST TODAY AT SOME POINT
So many promises. None of them kept. Thus ends one of the most useless pages in mafia history. Although TrustGossip did come back to say he wasn't available.

*sigh*
<|TBD|>
BeanBrew
BeanBrew
Townie
BeanBrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:38 am

Post by BeanBrew »

Well, YB's post
was
a post on that day.
The CamelCase in my name was the product of a younger, more foolish me.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:08 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Alright, here is my random collection of analysis, in an attempt to get back in.
UNVOTE

remussaidow wrote:lynch -3 is a little far to push someone in the random voting stage.

Aceiks, how many games have you played, and how many are you in currently?

at this site and others.
Arguably, the first real post that was made.
Now, a few thoughts here:

There's nothing wrong with L-3 in random voting, because that's what it is, random voting. Any scum hammering, or lynching would be VERY obvious, and no townsfolk would (well, hopefully) even consider lynching someone while in the random stage.

Are we getting a little jumpy, or does our logic just disagree?
Aceiks wrote: Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
If random voting never puts anyone "in danger" then what reason is there for scum to ever open their mouths.
I agree with what this guy said.
Teffc wrote:but i'm keeping an eye on Ace because i do not like ppl that post theoretical stuff. It gets me wondering about his trying to be too pro-town
Posting theoretical stuff is scummy? I'm sorry, what!?
Trying to be too protown? I've never like too protown as a scum tell, since doesn't every townsfolk try and be as protown as possible (ie, hunting scums).

Theoretical stuff is often useful as a way of determining possiblities; although it's not as useful as analysis, it's still useful, and NOT a scumtell.
YogurtBandit wrote:Remus, you are at -2 Lynch, Claim.
Okay, I think this is a bit far.

The bandwagon forming is on page 4 or 5, and this is far too early to think about claiming, or such and such. I mean, I thought this was a reaction provoking bandwagon when I joined, since to be honest, observations about random voting does not a scum tell make, so I wouldn't be prepared to go through the whole lynching proceedure with Remus.

FoS: YogurtBandit

Teffc wrote:but still pointing a FOS at Aceicks for his roel fishing. and for the fact that in post #43 he wrote
Although I'm not sure I agree with your statement that L-3 is dangerous. With 4 scum (+- 1 I believe) if we see 3 bandwagon votes on Trust in the next two hours then that kind of gives us most of the information we need.
i kept wondering why he posted this part...because as long as we have mafia among us they'll know what you're thinking. unless you are linked to them and telling them not to vote in a very subtle way
Okay, let's go through this again.
When there are mafia in the game, they know what the town or Ace thinks? WHAT?

And how is this a subtle message to scum buddies? If the buddies need to be told this basic mafia stuff, then god help Ace if he is scum.

He was talking about how obvious mafia would be on a speedlynch, so I do not understand your comments at ALL.

FoS: Teffc

Aceiks wrote:Well, if the mafia need me to tell them that a 3 person bandwagon on Page 3 of Day 1 is a bad idea then they aren't very smart and us townspeople should have an easy game.
Why do I always end up repeating this guy?
remussaidow wrote:I will not claim for lynch minus-2 on page 4, where I was asked too. Period. Its a bad play for everyone. I won't do it on page 5, or until there's enough discussion to warrant it.
remussaidow wrote:And I refused to claim because, really, claiming Vanilla townie never does anyone any good.
I'm sorry, what just happened? Here you go talking about not claiming, (or until sufficent discussion) and 8 posts later you claim vanilla! *tearsupsomethingexpensive*

On a side note, although I was on the wagon at this point, I hardly think there's sufficent reason to lynch him, at least at this point in the game.
Sonicpulsar wrote:I've read and reread most of the past couple of pages looking for some insight in to remus's defense and realized he hasn't really laid any sort of groundwork for his defense. At least I can't really find any substance in any of it, which leads me to believe he's scum or he'll be a useless townie for us. Mainly whining and silly retorting. My vote stands.
Laying groundwork for defence? Like encoding V A N ILL A into your posts or something?
Okay, now some thinking. Remus claimed vanilla, but that doesn't mean we lynch him instantly. If he's town, it's probably bad play, since now the scum know that he's not a powerole, unless he's lying, which is VERY BAD for the town. If he's scum, then lynching is good, but at this point, like in page 5 (five, my god), it's very early for a lynch, or at least in my mini experience.
Qman wrote:
UNvote

Giving a little breathing room.
Qman was the L-1 voter, but for no reason, certainly no epic defence from Remus, he unvotes?
Big FOS: Qman

Qman wrote:2.) Partly your post, I don't want to leave him at L-1 if discussion starts to pick up again, have someone hammer him and kill ongong discussion. That would suck since the game has been dead, I don't want to help stall it again. Heck the game died when I put him at L-1. This is the reason for the "breathing room" It's more for my comfort than his. If discussion doesn't pick up (I'm REALLY hoping it does with your post and the replacement) I'll put the vote back on him, I just don't want the replacement coming in and hammering first post.
A hammer at this point would look REALLY scummy. I'm going to remember that you said you'd place the vote when discussion picked up. I'll call you on it at an appropriate time, probably when discussion's picked up!

Analysis of Pages 5 - 9 will follow sometime in the future. Sorry for not posting guys. :oops:
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 am

Post by remussaidow »

if you noticed, I went from lynch minus 2 to lynch minus 1. Then I claimed. I said I wouldn't claim at -2 in this stage, not that I wouldn't claim at all.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 am

Post by yellowbounder »

You don't have to wait for me guys. I mean, you can keep playing while I make the next post.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Qman »

yellowbounder wrote:
Qman wrote:
UNvote

Giving a little breathing room.
Qman was the L-1 voter, but for no reason, certainly no epic defence from Remus, he unvotes?
Big FOS: Qman

Qman wrote:2.) Partly your post, I don't want to leave him at L-1 if discussion starts to pick up again, have someone hammer him and kill ongong discussion. That would suck since the game has been dead, I don't want to help stall it again. Heck the game died when I put him at L-1. This is the reason for the "breathing room" It's more for my comfort than his. If discussion doesn't pick up (I'm REALLY hoping it does with your post and the replacement) I'll put the vote back on him, I just don't want the replacement coming in and hammering first post.
A hammer at this point would look REALLY scummy. I'm going to remember that you said you'd place the vote when discussion picked up. I'll call you on it at an appropriate time, probably when discussion's picked up!

Analysis of Pages 5 - 9 will follow sometime in the future. Sorry for not posting guys. :oops:
It's been a week, as I said it returns.
Vote remus
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by superstring91 »

hey guys, thanks for being good for guardian. im back

SIXTH VOTE COUNT

yellowbounder-1: remussaidow
Aceiks-2: Haut Boy, Eteocles
remussaidow-3: Sonicpulsar, YogurtBandit, Qman

TrustGossip-1:Aceiks

Not Voting-4: BrazeGoesMoo, BeanBrew, TrustGossip, ChaosOmega, yellowbounder

with 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch

this count is current as of post 214
Last edited by superstring91 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've got him now! There's no escape from the airport!

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Guardian »

Wow, lol. Courtesy Bump. It was a pleasure helping out guys, good luck with the game superstring - Guardian out!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Is there a Deadline/When is it?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 am

Post by remussaidow »

well then...

um...

Guys, where are all these promised posts?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
BrazeGoesMoo
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
BrazeGoesMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:55 am

Post by BrazeGoesMoo »

Happy birthday to meee :p

Hopefully everything will lighten up after my party tonight. If not, I'll ask for a replacement. Sorry for the hassle :(
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 am

Post by yellowbounder »

remussaidow wrote:well then...

um...

Guys, where are all these promised posts?
Coming soon. But, I'm not the only one in this game who promised to post.

If this continues, I might ask for an abandonment vote. I'll try and post soon, once I sleep. :|
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Eteocles »

Heh, I feel I should probably post something here. Been putting off doing it, no theatric excuses from me. At least I didn't promise anything (ha). Not much to say I think, I agree with most of YellowBounders post 202 and Qmans revote concerns me if just a little.
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Qman »

Eteocles wrote:Heh, I feel I should probably post something here. Been putting off doing it, no theatric excuses from me. At least I didn't promise anything (ha). Not much to say I think, I agree with most of YellowBounders post 202 and Qmans revote concerns me if just a little.
Why exactly does it bother you? It was only vote #3 at the time, he's welll away from lynch. Still at 3 I believe.

Also:

Self quoting for the win, the part that matters is bolded

Qman wrote: 2.) Partly your post, I don't want to leave him at L-1 if discussion starts to pick up again, have someone hammer him and kill ongong discussion. That would suck since the game has been dead, I don't want to help stall it again. Heck the game died when I put him at L-1. This is the reason for the "breathing room" It's more for my comfort than his.
If discussion doesn't pick up (I'm REALLY hoping it does with your post and the replacement) I'll put the vote back on him, I just don't want the replacement coming in and hammering first post.
Followed by:

Qman wrote: It's been a week, as I said it returns.
Vote remus
I don't think you can say discussion picked up, so I put the vote back....

Here I did exactly what I said I would. Would you rather I have lied? It seems like that is the only position you're offering besides a revote. I said I would when I unvoted if things didn't pick up. They didn't, I did. Don't try painting it as more than it is.

FoS: Eteo
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I think you're blowing what Eteocles said a little out of proportion. He merely said he was a little concerned with it. I'd guess he just didn't remember (pay attention) to your earlier post/promise.

The only reason this game is dead is because too many people aren't posting anything at all besides "I'll post later". Either suck it up and do a reread/make an intelligent post or get a replacement. I can't reply or discuss things unless people post. I've thrown myself pretty far out there (as well as a few others). It's time everyone do the same.

I'd also like to see a deadline added, for no other reason than to see the game actually progress.

My opinion of Remus hasn't changed. My vote stands.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 am

Post by superstring91 »

ok, guys

im puting a tentative deadline on D1.
you have 2 weeks from tomorrow. which puts your deadline at 7/13 [hmm, friday the 13th]
hope you reach a decision

Aceiks
Aceiks
Goon
Aceiks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Aceiks »

unvote

vote remus

Although I wish I had a "vote lurkers" option.
<|TBD|>
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

I actually think the deadline should be earlier.
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by superstring91 »

effective immediately, the deadline is pushed forward to the 8th
that gives you one week.
if no decission is reached, there will be no lynch

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

That's fine.

So, Remus for a lynch??
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by remussaidow »

you lynch me, and you'll just go back to random voting, you don't have any ground.

selfvote
since no one else seems to care about trying to move the game on.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:33 am

Post by TrustGossip »

remus, self-voting is bad. It makes you look scummy.

I can't think of anything else to say. Granted, I haven't read this thread since my last post, and this is the least interesting out of all my games. I will try to do a reread and post some stuff. I will also try, for the first time, to post summaries in a casual manner, instead of overthinking my syntax and being self-conscious.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

well, you know what. I don't give a crap anymore what you think is scummy or not, since moving the game forward meant I was scummy too.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:17 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Ok, this is how I am seeing the game right now.

The people that are active in the game (Aceiks, remus, and sonicpulsar, and to a lesser extent QMan and Yellowbounder) are basically on an island. This island is called The Game, and they're playing it. Unfortunately the game can only really be played with a full complement of people, and all those people are lazily asleep on a raft in the ocean, in full view of the island and the active people. They need these people to play the game properly, and without them they're getting a little desperate. Some of these people even begin to play the game
improperly
and thus the active people on the island begin to look a little like savages. Now this isn't any good! Now if the lazy people on the raft want to get back on the island to play the game they'll have to worry about getting attacked by the savages!

Ok I'll stop the metaphor there. I'm proposing that we all cool our heads a little (this is mostly directed at remus) and kind of mentally reset ourselves and try to make this thread as neutral but *insert the opposite of desperate* as possible in order to make it appealing for the inactives to actually do something. Because even if I'm back, and suddenly making helpful posts doesn't mean that we can do much of anything without everyone back.

I have to admit my attitude about this game has been bad and I'm sorry for detrimenting the game in any way.

Ok, on to non-kumbaya-type stuff.

@remus, I understand your situation. You expressed your opinion about bandwagons and people attacked you for it. And since people have used your opinion as a weapon against you and not any sort of action, you can't really defend yourself. This is made even worse because most people aren't participating to an extent that they could be construed as scummy but participate just enough to keep a sizable wagon on you, and if they are ever questioned about it, they could just say that they don't really have any other ideas/options.

In summary:
Vote Yogurtbandit
Compcrack

Basically crack.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by remussaidow »

how is that vote in summary of what you said?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”