comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

No, unless we fulfill the regular requirement of 6 voters, then we still have the full time; so we should discuss until then.

I will be gone between the 21st and 24.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by IH »

Paps wrote:I said no one seems "that scummy". That means that no one seems very scummy, but you still seem the scummiest. No contradictions there.
Perhaps contradiction was the wrong word, but it looked like you had over blown things by saying I was the scummiest, after saying no one really looks that scummy.

I agree with post 150

157-WTF? Nekka was a newbie. How many games had you been in with them!?!? Not only that, you weren't looking for a scum lynch, you were looking for a "good" lynch
Xdaamno wrote:It's a very deep psychological reason; mafia often make an attempt to refer to themselves in third person rather than refer to themselves naturally, and so use the term 'mafia' more often.

Of course, this is dependant on the 'base heart rate' of how often they say the word 'scum' anyway.
I call BS. That's like claiming vanilla instead of townie indicates you're scum, but it truly truly doesn't. It just sounds like a crap reason to cast suspicion on someone.

163 doesn't make sense either. It was a valid question.

169 is a lame excuse

I'm not sure of post 174, it actually sounds slightly sound. TO end up with a single kill instead of a double lynch (Which could skew the numbers in the even direction)

I would be more likely to think it's 3 mafia 1 SK.

186 looks like he's trying to satisfy TCS's points about him being uncomittal. To late IMO.
A papaya wrote:@No Lynch:

It's a stupid idea. Because if we don't lynch anyone at all today, we're going to be in the same spot as we were, minus players from nightkills. It's lose-lose.

FOS: Everyone who voted No Lynch
You forgot about a modkill.

If we go to lylo with even numbers, you want to no lynch anyways. Don't be silly.

197 is the scummy version of no lynching.

NL looked like major scum in my opinion....

Once more, No lynching can be a viable strategy, silly people, mostly when dealing with nightkills.

I don't like 207, Xdaamno just sounds like he want's to please the town's opinions, not find scum. In other word's he doesn't take the initiative to do them, he wants them on request.

I don't like how everyone suddenly wanted Xdaamo to give analysis's.....

If anyone would like me to state the main reason I think N-L was/is scum, I will say so.

215 is slightly protown, but TCS is hopping all over people who are uncomittal.... and little else.

Post 220 is a lame excuse,
FoS:Xyzzy

Daamo is scum also, especially with post 225, wanting to see how the wind was blowing before committing

I don't like Xdaamno's post 235, Haschel should have answered that question.

240 from YB looked opportunistic

Fletcher looks protown.
Apapaya wrote:People are saying that we can vote No Lynch because this wasn't a normal D1.

That's wrong. I'm 90% sure that NL was town, that's why I unvoted him. Therefore, it's even more important to hit scum today.

If we miss scum today, the ration will be, after tonights NK:
7 Town
3 Scum
-----With an SK
5 Town
3 Scum
1 SK
-----Therefore, we need to lynch someone today.

Who? I would like everyone to come forward with whom they think is today's lynch, if No Lynch isn't a possibility. Right now, I'm pretty happy with my vote on McStab, pretty much for saying that D1 doesn't matter. That's really, really, anti-town.
Wow, I like how you didn't include the SK in your alive. This looks skewed, and I still think that a no lynch is not something we should dismiss. You are 90% sure that NL is town. SO? That means
nothing
as most of Nekka's town and scum tells are probably closer to irrelevant.

To be honest, even though I'm more on the NL was scum side, it's probably 50-50 just looking at the posts and tells. I still believe that many people have NO REASON to believe nl was town, other than they are the majority in saying it, and are just following people.

Other than TCS, who I believe actually provided reasons, if you think NL is town please post reasons WHY YOU THINK SO.

I don't like the slight vibe of lurker hunting from Inhim and TCS. (He's posting content, so he's not the play, Meh you're posting unvote vote Mlaker)

I agree with Mlakers post 289
Xdaamo wrote:We defintaly need to decide on a lynch. I'm fine with IH (I've seen his play like this as scum before) and Yoghurt.
So.... why did my name come up? Curious is all, as this is the first time you mentioned me in a while.
XYzzy wrote:If oyu're scum, your answers are based, which'll help us figure out who your partners are.

I'm a bit suspicious of your second answer, because you didn't really say much of why you think that.
Errr, no you don't get to choose your partners.

FoS:Schism
he's just saying things that sound good, but have no truth.

IN CONCLUSION

unvote, vote:Xdaamo

I'm relatively sure that he is scum.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Thok »

Sonicpulsar replaces McStab. Deadline still stands.

Official vote count

Sonicpulsar (4): (YogurtBandit, The Central Scrutinizer, inHimshallibe, xyzzy)
mlaker (1):(Xdaamno)
xyzzy (1): (Haschel Cedricson)
Xdaamno (1):(IH)
inHimshallibe (1): (schismatized)
YogurtBandit (0):
Fletcher (0):
schismatized (0):
IH (0):
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
Haschel Cedricson (0):

Not Voting (3): (Sonicpulsar, mlaker, Fletcher,)

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch. At deadline 3 votes will be enough to lynch
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Howdy everyone. I'm on page 5 atm, I'll try and read everything tomorrow and make an intelligent post.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:50 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Sonicpulsar wrote:Howdy everyone. I'm on page 5 atm, I'll try and read everything tomorrow and make an intelligent post.
Better hurry; you're at L-2.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Good grief, I should have quit reading while I was ahead. Now I'm going to force myself to make a quick post before I go to bed while all the info is still in my head. While I was reading, I quoted a few posts that I found significant.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Unless I missed something, the three people praising No Lynch at some point are Yogurt, xyzzy, and Fletcher. I want to place a
minor FOS: YogurtBandit
for suggesting it in the first place, a
major FOS: xyzzy
for advocating a plan of not lynching every night, which would undoubtedly kill off too many townspeople before we got a confirmed Mafia.

Lastly, I am going to
Vote: Fletcher
. I am tenetively sure that Nekka_Lucifer was pro-town. In Fletcher's post 150, I think he's trying to steer us into believing that Nekka-Lucifer was scum. This in itself is not enough to merit a vote, but I noticed that Fletcher has stated that he would "be fine with a no-lynch", and as an experienced player, he should know better. I also noted that he never actually voted No Lynch; I think that he's attempting to get others on the No Lynch bus without getting on it himself. Finally, he brings up the fact that he has had a long leave of absence from Mafia several times, and I think this may be to provide an excuse for sub-optimal play under the guise of rust.
Interesting...
The Central Scrutinizer wrote: Overall: A papaya doesn't give out a whole lot of information. He doesn't often comment upon the scumminess of other players. In most situations, I would find this pretty scummy, but his choices haven't been terribly damning. Not necessarily an auto-lynch, but someone to keep in mind for later days if he neglects to contribute further.
schismatized wrote:Its a little late, so i am not going to post on what i think of everyone, but i will give what i think about the players i believe to be scum or are scummy. First, I think mlaker is pretty scummy. it seems like he acknowledges that hes been lurking and hasnt really tried to help out the town at all. he could be scum, or is just lazy. I need more posts from him to vote for him but he could quite possibly recieve my vote if he stays inactive. The next person I believe to be scum ATM is TCS. Frankly, i dont like the way hes been playing and it really doesnt seem protown at all.
Ok, so to stir up some discussion, I'm going to make a list of the order of scumminess that I picked up on while reading. I did make quick list with a lot of notes on it. Here goes:

Going from Most Scum (1) to Most Townie (10):

1. A Papaya/schismatized. I was getting a very strong scum vibe from A Papaya the entire time I was reading. He jumped on McStab (me) awfully quickly when McStab (me) came out of lurking. While I absolutely agree that lurking is very scummy (and while I'm on that subject, posting a ton is also very scummy, if for no other reason then it's like the opposite of lurking), the fact that Yogurt jumped on me so quickly after that makes me really think one of them is scum.
I just can't decide which one.

2. Yogurt. Read above.

3. Fletcher. He was the last person I added to my list. What does that mean? He flew under my radar for the entire read and that usually is a scum tell. Otherwise, I don't have a lot to say, it just really surprised me that I ended up on page 14 with only 9 names on my list.

4. TCS. Seems to ask others to do a lot of stuff for him, like asking others to analyze people. Seems like a way to get others to do the dirty work for him while maintaining a distance. Awfully scummy.

5. Xzzy. Your whole comment about changing your "playstyle" did not sit right with me. Seriously, who states something like that in the middle of Day 1? Seemed like an innocent enough scum mistake.

6. Xdaamo. You post....a lot. While generally, I enjoy rampant discussion, you do a lot of just "posting". Seems like you're over-compensating for the scum tendency to lurk.

7. Mlaker. You've said your excuses, I still think you're lurking. I'd put you higher but you seem to be getting into the game now.

8. IH. In a lot of aspects, you seem to be fairly inactive. You seem to do like I tend to do and just make few, but very large posts. You throw out a lot of information, sometimes without any sort of signficant backing. Much like I'm doing with this post. Overall, not very scummy.

9. HC. Much like Fletcher, you flew under my radar for quite some time until someone else pointed out that you were flying under the radar. Then I immediately began to focus a lot on your posts and you really seem like a townie to me now. I cannot make any sort of intelligent deduction to if you're a power role or not.

10. inHim. Meh, my note for you was to move you higher than the bottom, but I forget why. It has to do with the fact that I'm most confident in HC being a townie, but at this point, it doesn't affect the rest of what I've written too much so I'm not gonna worry about it.

Conclusions:

My first instinct is to obviously vote for who I think is the most scummy, which is schis, but he has no votes atm so I'm left wondering why I'm the only person of the other 9 who thinks he's scum. On top of that, you relinquished your vote on me (the double whammy from you and Yogurt earlier) from earlier so I'll step off of you for now.

The next logical person would be Yogurt, but he's already voting for me. I don't want to come across as retaliatory til I see how everyone reacts to me (not McStab).

Thus, I'm left with
Vote: Fletcher
. Your ability to fly under my radar the ENTIRE thread has scared me. While not exactly lurking, I don't think you've contributed much of anything. I'd FOS you but things need to get moving.

Wow, that was fun to write. :D
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:46 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Hmm, We were voting for Mcstab for lurking correct?

Unvote
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Sonicpulsar wrote:6. Xdaamo. You post....a lot. While generally, I enjoy rampant discussion, you do a lot of just "posting". Seems like you're over-compensating for the scum tendency to lurk.
Couldn't give a rat's ass how much you enjoy it, but it's much easier to get a read (hopefully pro-town) on me that way, and it sparks discussion. The second sentence, even you have to admit, is just grasping, since you want to say something significant about everyone. :wink:

Still, that's an excellent opening analysis, compared to what most replacements do, including myself.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:15 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Based on my limited experience, I've seen only two types of people who post a ton in these games. 1: Scum overcompensating the lurking tendencies, 2: Overeager townies. Neither of those two situations is good for the town. But I'd much rather have people posting too much than not enough.
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:22 am

Post by schismatized »

i dont see why overposting is bad, it gives the town more info. info is good for the town.
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

unvote
vote: Xdaamno

I'll post something on this later. Kind of tied up at work.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:20 am

Post by mlaker »

I can see where you're coming from on Fletcher, sonicpulsar. He seems to kind of fly under the radar and about the time I say something about it he posts an essay. I'd like to take another look at his play but he's a vote possibility. Xdaamno at this point seems to be the best choice. You've been hammering for others to post, yet you post too often and most of your posts don't add real content. I can say the same for schismatized. I do think all those still voting sonicpulsar/McStab can unvote.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Just got two votes with no explanation as of yet... I'd like to ask you how do you think my post was scummy? I mean yeah, sure, you could hunt it down for being manipulative, but scum rarely actually try and manipulate people using words, because it's so obvious to anyone reading it. I mean, I don't know what you think, but I'm not that stupid :P
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Just got two votes with no explanation as of yet.
EBWOP: One vote and one 'He's the best choice', I meant.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 am

Post by IH »

I don't like your conclusions......

First, You believe two people are scummier, and breeze over them. You must not think they're scummy enough to try and convince the town.

It looks more like these scumtells

1.Trying to please the town, because they don't find schism scummy
2.Trying to LOOK town. There's a difference between looking town and trying to look town (Not wanting to look like you're omgusing)

Second, I don't like your suspicion on Fletcher as third. I disagree he's flying under the radar, especially in my reread as I noticed his posts alot. He seems to offer more of the opposite side of the arguments, and I seem to agree with him more because I don't agree with the most of the players posting.

I want to know why Inhimn jumped on Xdaamo, I don't disagree with the vote I think, but I want to know what I'm agreeing with.

Xdaamno, I have explained my vote on you, but I can go through and give a pbp. Which I think I will do. Mlaker didn't vote you.
I
voted you.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

IH wrote:I don't like your conclusions......

First, You believe two people are scummier, and breeze over them. You must not think they're scummy enough to try and convince the town.

2.Trying to LOOK town. There's a difference between looking town and trying to look town (Not wanting to look like you're omgusing)

Second, I don't like your suspicion on Fletcher as third. I disagree he's flying under the radar, especially in my reread as I noticed his posts alot. He seems to offer more of the opposite side of the arguments, and I seem to agree with him more because I don't agree with the most of the players posting.

I want to know why Inhimn jumped on Xdaamo, I don't disagree with the vote I think, but I want to know what I'm agreeing with.

Xdaamno, I have explained my vote on you, but I can go through and give a pbp. Which I think I will do. Mlaker didn't vote you.
I
voted you.
Sorry you misunderstood me, I meant inhim voted me and mlaker identified me as 'best choice'.

I'd appreciate if you're voting me an analysis anyway, since that makes it much easier for me to defend myself, which you want, sicne you'll know the truth a little better.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

IH wrote:I don't like your conclusions......

I clearly stated exactly why I didn't vote for either of the people at the top of my list. It honestly surprised the hell out of me when Fletcher didn't not appear on my notes. I agree, when I went back to look at this posts, he definitely has some substance, but he never took a strong enough stand to make me right a note about it. This could have easily been pure oversight or information overload. I simply voted for him to garner more information FROM him. As I said in my original post, I could have FOSed, but voting seems to be prudent at this point to get things moving faster.

Perhaps a reread while shed some light on him. I haven't gotten the gumption yet but I'll start now (albeit much slower than I did last night).
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Sorry for the double posts, but after I reread my post I felt I had to make a couple of rhetorical statements (or are there only rhetorical questions?).

I can't merely go back and just read Fletcher's posts and gain enough information about him. It always helps me to go back and do a complete reread so that I fully understand the context of people's posts. Some people just reiterate what others have said, some just retaliate to what others say and never say anything original, etc.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:35 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

So, I went back to voting Xdaamno because mlaker made some kind of weird grunt (a post) and I have other support for this wagon in IH and possibly mlaker. Yeah, I want to see someone hang regardless, but if I can I'll take my pick.

In the early stages of finger pointing, Xdaamno just seemed to be an entity posting from outside all the action. Also he has given the escape route of "pressure vote" with most of the votes he has made.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Inhim, two points:

What's wrong with being outside the action? When was observing pro-scum?

And secondly, that's becuase practically all my votes
are
pressure voting at the moment. If I meant anything otherwise, sure, it'd be 'escaping', but I'm simply pressure voting and you're all taking them too seriously. If you want, give me an example of when you think I was hiding behind 'pressure vote'.

And yes, I'm overdefensive in all my games -_-'
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:11 am

Post by schismatized »

Xdaamno wrote:And yes, I'm overdefensive in all my games -_-'
sry to get off the subject here, but why does everyone think this is a bad trait? im not asking about this game in particular, but in mafia generally.
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

schismatized wrote:
sry to get off the subject here, but why does everyone think this is a bad trait? im not asking about this game in particular, but in mafia generally.
While I do think it's hyped, I believe it's because scum tend to get a little more paranoid.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

schismatized wrote:
It's not necessarily a bad trait, I just think it comes to light more often when people are NOT vanilla townies. Just think of the example of a wife claiming her husband is cheating. More often than not, the guilty will blow the situation up (or perhaps over compensate and act like it's nothing) while the truly innocent will remain calmer, simply because they have nothing to hide.

I understand these are generalizations, but it's tendencies we're looking for.

On a different note, I'm going to an ultimate frisbee tournament this weekend. I'm leaving later today (Friday) and won't get back until late Sunday.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by IH »

Xdaamno wrote:What's wrong with being outside the action? When was observing pro-scum?
Since Scum sit back while town accuses each other, and scum follow along with it.
Shism wrote:sry to get off the subject here, but why does everyone think this is a bad trait? im not asking about this game in particular, but in mafia generally.
Because town doesn't need to be defensive without a reason. If you're defensive when you don't mean to be, it's because you need to have a reason.

I'll try to get that reread on daaamno done, but I'm not sure if I can, as I'm pressed for time as it is.

Look at my sig.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by mlaker »

Vote Xdaamno
Tomorrow, schismatized. Schismatized seems to basically be defending any point or argument Xdaamno makes, and tries to dissuade us from legitimately going after Xdaamno. For a first day lynch, I think we can't do much better than Xdaamno.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”