Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by Adel »

Streeflo wrote:Wait, what makes you so sure YB is a cop?
I know that I'm not guilty. That makes Guardian either scum (which I doubt, scum don't report false positives) or insane/paranoid. 1 insane/paranoid cop makes it more probable that the other cop claim was honest.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:Has he demonstrated such an ability? You seem to be grasping at straws. He had plenty of analysis on the other players; just not FOS's or votes that you can put in your graphic.
I thought I was done for the night, but then I noticed that I really didn't answer this.

Yes, he has demonstrated that ability. Display posts in this thread by player, and choose "Streeflo" and take a gander. If anything, I was wrong about him not generating any real arguments, since that is a pretty subjective evaluation. I read though his posts and noticed that he is good at picking up on things, and pointing out what others missed, but he doesn't offer the kind of insightful analysis I gather he is capable of, judging by his verbiage and syntax.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'll check activity and send prods where needs be . . .

Deadline is about 11 days time.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, just read through the posts .. I totally forgot about this game in the last 24 hours and I apologize ...

On another note, I'm finding it very hard as to who I should believe at this point ...

Adel does raise some very interesting points to say the least, and for whatever reason Guardian has this cockiness that just reeks of scum .. (hard to explain it).

If Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.

I'm getting a slight scummy vibe from Meme as well at the moment, but only because she seems to be avoiding the primary conversation (The cops bit) .. but it could just be lack of interest on her part for all I know ....

I can't say whether I really have any suspicions lying towards Jalyn or not, because for the most part of the game .. between him and dogmom .. they were pretty quite and Jalyn didn't really get into the game until near the deadline.

I would like to hear some thoughts from Jalyn though.

YogurtBandit I believe is scum and just find his innocent result to be a safe one as well as easy one. He could have easily just chosen Meme to use as an innocent for an easy claim, but that's just my opinion. Nothing he's done has proven him town in my eyes.

Guardian I have issues with only because he goes back and forth about how he feels, and expresses the feelings strongly which makes it hard to believe him.. I think that he too could possibly be scum and either A.) Outing a fellow scum .. or B.) Making a Gambit .. Although he could really be the cop as well, but this argument dates back to Guardian's breadcrumbing as well.

YagamiLight is pretty much town in my eyes for the moment, but I haven't done much reading on him either, but the reading that I have done seems adequate.

I'd like to lynch Adel in hopes that he really is scum based on Guardian's result, but I'm scared as well due to Guardian/Adel could be pulling one over on the town as well, which would be great play on their part. Adel's earlier comment on him and Guardian would make a great team does bare evidence to that, and makes me hesitant.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Adel »

Since we are all so confused, except for Guardian, how about another one of my great ideas:
The last player to post
"NOT IT!"
is clearly scum and should be lynched
immediately
Ready?

"NOT IT!"
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:14 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote:Image
/agree

That warrants a confirm vote.(and trust me, I CAN confirm vote.)

Confirm Vote x 5:Adel
[/b]
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Adel »

no sense of humor with those two. :)

Have a good weekend everyone, hopefully you won't lynch me so I'll have a chance to continue this on Monday.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:03 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel wrote:no sense of humor with those two. :)

Have a good weekend everyone, hopefully you won't lynch me so I'll have a chance to continue this on Monday.

^^^WIFOM.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Guardian »

In seriousness, Nanook made some good points and I would like to address them.
NanookTheWolf wrote:Adel does raise some very interesting points to say the least, and for whatever reason Guardian has this cockiness that just reeks of scum .. (hard to explain it).
It is hard not to be "cocky" when you get a guilty result on someone...
NanookTheWolf wrote:If Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.
Good point. I assume a two cop game would be sane/insane as that is the most common, but sane/paranoid works too...
NanookTheWolf wrote:I'm getting a slight scummy vibe from Meme as well at the moment, but only because she seems to be avoiding the primary conversation (The cops bit) .. but it could just be lack of interest on her part for all I know ....
I agree, though I am getting more than a slightly scummy vibe.
NanookTheWolf wrote:I can't say whether I really have any suspicions lying towards Jalyn or not, because for the most part of the game .. between him and dogmom .. they were pretty quite and Jalyn didn't really get into the game until near the deadline.

I would like to hear some thoughts from Jalyn though.
Definitely.
NanookTheWolf wrote:YogurtBandit I believe is scum and just find his innocent result to be a safe one as well as easy one. He could have easily just chosen Meme to use as an innocent for an easy claim, but that's just my opinion. Nothing he's done has proven him town in my eyes.
Yeah, can't say I disagree here. He isn't the lynch for today, but he looks like a great candidate for tomorrow.
NanookTheWolf wrote:Guardian I have issues with only because he goes back and forth about how he feels, and expresses the feelings strongly which makes it hard to believe him.. I think that he too could possibly be scum and either A.) Outing a fellow scum .. or B.) Making a Gambit .. Although he could really be the cop as well, but this argument dates back to Guardian's breadcrumbing as well.
If you want to see this exact behavior read the final pages of AM mafia, I identified the two scum but got mis lynched for switching back and forth but feeling strongly whenever I switched.
NanookTheWolf wrote:YagamiLight is pretty much town in my eyes for the moment, but I haven't done much reading on him either, but the reading that I have done seems adequate.
No read here...
NanookTheWolf wrote:I'd like to lynch Adel in hopes that he really is scum based on Guardian's result, but I'm scared as well due to Guardian/Adel could be pulling one over on the town as well, which would be great play on their part. Adel's earlier comment on him and Guardian would make a great team does bare evidence to that, and makes me hesitant.
This feels a lot like Adel's case on you and me earlier Nanook. I assure you that this is not the case; Adel I think is scum, but I am not scum with her.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Guardian »

This was meant to be included at the top of the previous post. Oh well.

YB, I got Adel's post as a joke, and responded in kind. I
do
wonder what her reasons for feeling the need to post a joke... But a confirm x 5 vote? That seems like something of an overreaction. Adel, after my post, you say I have no sense of humor? :roll:.
Do not lynch me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:17 am

Post by MeMe »

~waves~

Waiting on Jalyn to get in here.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Just to let you all know Jalyn is yet to pick up her prod. I presume she has some real-life issues to attend with, I'll give her until Monday/Tuesday before searching for another replacement.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

YogurtBandit wrote:

^^^WIFOM.
What part of this is wifom? .. I think I'm still confused to what exactly the definition of wifom is .. hmm.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:42 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:

Have a good weekend everyone,
hopefully you won't lynch me so I'll have a chance to continue this on Monday.

^^^WIFOM.
What part of this is wifom? .. I think I'm still confused to what exactly the definition of wifom is .. hmm.
I think that says it loud and clear.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount

Adel 2 - Guardian, YogurtBandit
Streeflo 1 - Adel

Not Voting - the rest.

Prods will be sent where neccessary tomorrow. Jalyn is still absent, I'm not going to do anything rash until Tuesday at the earliest.

Deadline will hit in around 9 days time.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:33 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Prods have been sent to YagamiLight, ChaosOmega and Streeflo - Jalyn has 48 hours to pick up her original prod before I look towards replacing her.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:40 am

Post by YagamiLight »

YogurtBandit wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:

^^^WIFOM.
I don't see this a s WIFOM, just seems to me he hopes we don't lynch him uintil after he gets back so he can defend himself.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Streeflo »

She's still quite a ways from a lynch.
I don't see how it's WIFOM either.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

YagamiLight wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:

^^^WIFOM.
I don't see this a s WIFOM, just seems to me he hopes we don't lynch him uintil after he gets back so he can defend himself.
That was my take on it to say the least .. however, YB sees it differently?

May as well wait on Adel, s/he will be back tomorrow ..
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Adel »

Back.

I see I didn't miss much. Guardian still has no sense of humor: he didn't notice my smirk.

:wink:

Thanks for not lynching me. Would you like a glass of wine to celebrate? It is right there, in front of you.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Jalyn »

Sorry, I didn't mean to hold up the whole game!

The things that caught my attention:
YB wrote:Sorry I didnt have time to post my result right away, but I Investigated Meme and got innocent. My sanity is unknown. Guardian, Im sure you investigated me, but keep in mind, both of our Sanities are unknown.
To me this sounds like YB knows that if Gaurdian investigated him he'd get a guilty result and he's preemptively defending himself.
Adel wrote:I see your point. ummm.... but I'm not scum Other than about a 50-50 shot of me being scum (Guardian has ~50% chance of being sane) who else is there any evidence on? I feel like pressuring players who were on the NanoS bandwagon, and honestly Eco would be my first choice of who to pressure if he wasn't killed last night.
I'm no paragon of math, but 50% assumes that sane/insane/paranoid/naive are equally as likely, which is simply not the case. I haven't played a lot of mini games, but are two cop games at all typical? (I'm not asking about the definition of "normal" just how likely this scenario is to be.) It seems much more likely that one of our "cops" is no such thing.
Adel wrote:4. Scum choose to kill a player they thought was obviously innocent.
5. Scum thought Ecto was obviously innocent because he acted in what they considered a very townie way.
6. At least 1 Scum player, probably the most influential, acted in a way very similar to Ecto, which is why that scum player has not been under suspicion recently if at all.
I read quickly, did I miss where it was determined which kill was scum? I thought that the kill types tended to indicate that BM (shooting) was the scum kill, so why is Adel certain that it was actually Ecto?
Nanook wrote: Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.
Huh. Is it just me or does this post completely assume the result of lynching Adel? Gaurdian won't know his sanity because he could still be Sane or Paranoid - no chance of Insane, Nanook?

Vote:Adel

I don't believe that we have multiple cops in this game. YB's unprompted defense of "please remember you might be insane" struck me as off. This makes Gaurdian more likely to be the true cop.

Add to that the fact to Adel's power role directing yesterday, overstating the likeliness of non-sane cops in a mini game (again, unless I'm missing something, if so, please tell me), and her seeming to have knowledge over who made which kill and I'm in for a vote.

Nanook's presumption that Adel will be guilty is just an interesting kicker at this point.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Really!? After I got in so much trouble for breadcrumbing!? The BM kill makes sense, though...

I am really tempted to believe that you are scum fishing for a counter claim, but unless someone does counter you,
unvote: Adel
for now.

What the hell was with the joking around and the wine is right in front of you stuff, then?

Hmm. Assuming you are town, that would make me non-sane.... Wow, yeah I really reject that - me being paranoid/insane would make YB very likely to be a sane cop, and that would mean you, MeMe, and YB are all town...? Could I be non-sane and YB be scum? I don't think so...

I am either really off on my read this game, or you are lying scum.

I am not sure if I would advise the real vigilante to counter claim right now (if it is not Adel)... it would make our decision very easy but I'm not sure if we want more power roles claimed at this point...

This game
really
deserves a re-read now.
Do not lynch me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Jalyn wrote:
Nanook wrote: Adel is lynched today it won't prove either of our cop's sanity btw .. Unless of course Guardian investigates a pro-town role that gets killed tonight .. Otherwise if he gets another guilty tonight it could mean he's either sane or paranoid.
Huh. Is it just me or does this post completely assume the result of lynching Adel? Gaurdian won't know his sanity because he could still be Sane or Paranoid - no chance of Insane, Nanook?
The above statement was made assuming that Adel shows up as scum today .. in that case there wouldn't be a possibility of being an insane cop in Guardian's case.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”