mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1923, Mathdino wrote:
In post 1913, mastin2 wrote:Also, if there's interest, tweaking things a bit (like, say, giving scum fakeclaims), I was wondering if there'd be interest in a sequel to this game, as a large theme. I have the setup more or less finalized and most of the finer points figured out, but I want to make sure I actually have a good crowd who'd be willing to
play
it. :P

It'd be the same but not the same at all, in that it'd still be classified as a bastard, it'd still be meant to be played casually and not seriously, and would still be meant for the fun of it. With what I have planned, I think it'll be even more entertaining than this game was, so long as you go in with the mindset that the game's explicitly not going to be balanced.
highly recommend 2nd anti-town faction
idc if multiball
or mimes
or cult
or tons of neutrals
:shifty:

:twisted:

And that is all.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1924, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1918, Mathdino wrote:am thoroughly enjoying reading the mod QT flavour
Right, I should probably put that all in-thread.

Shame that I didn't get to do N3 flavor. I totally woulda delayed the daystart if I had known that I wouldn't get the chance to write anything but a final lynch scene. :P

Also, I want to ask you as players: I'm seeing pretty good feedback for the game, which is a good sign, but there's something I want to know. I know that, for ME, sitting in the mod's chair, this game was so much of a blast to have been a part of that I'd definitely call it a Game of the Year contender, but I'm biased as the creator of the game and having sit from a point of omnipotence. So was it just good-good, or was it amazingly-awesome-good? (GOTY contender.)

I think in the end it was too townsided for that. Had it gotten closer to LyLo, maybe, but we'd pretty much solved the game by D4.

It was great but more in terms of fun than an interesting hi-quality game.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1917, ProHawk wrote:Lol get over it Mollie, we both were wrong

I was getting frustrated with how much you were...well, angsting over the game. Granted, I could understand why you were upset about having to reveal it, but the rest of you play afterwards felt really anti-town and nowhere near the level of play you should've been giving.

OTOH, I really don't get what Mollie was being so insistent on. Dino kinda had a point in that ProHawk would've been cleared one way or the other during the night, so whatever his role was was ultimately irrelevant to his alignment, only to whether or not he could do what he said.

Then again, I probably played poorly myself, so who am I to complain. I'll still stand by some of the actions I took (such as not pushing SB as scum simply because he essentially claimed my role), but I can see some of the places where I did something wrong.

P-EDIT: Maybe my recollection of D1 is blurry, but how'd I (or rather, my role) do that?

Do you need any help for tweaking? I mean, I'm not an excellent balancer (or un-balancer, as the case may be), but still.

Also, I don't think it's really GotY. And to be quite honest, if it weren't for Mollie and ProHawk taking snipes at each other for pretty much all of D3 and bits of D2, I would nom it for Most Enjoyable or something.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1926, Mathdino wrote:I think in the end it was too townsided for that. Had it gotten closer to LyLo, maybe, but we'd pretty much solved the game by D4.
It was great but more in terms of fun than an interesting hi-quality game.
Fair. That was more or less my prediction: if it had gotten close to lylo (I had flavor prepared lampshading that if it were to happen, even :P), I wouldn't have even asked; I'd have already nominated the game. But I suppose it was a little bit too unbalanced towards the town for that. (Next game may or may not be......but more likely than not will not be. :twisted:)

In post 1927, Voidedmafia wrote:P-EDIT: Maybe my recollection of D1 is blurry, but how'd I (or rather, my role) do that?
Divide the town? Well, you DID get lynched, didn't you? :P It was more or less what I was anticipating of a typical town: duplicate roles creating seeming contradictions and lopsidedness in the setup, so surely there MUST be a liar in them. (To be honest, it was actually a bit of a surprise that two scum claimed investigative PRs. I was expecting them, seeing multiple investigative PRs, to realize that the town was meant to distrust them.)

Do you need any help for tweaking? I mean, I'm not an excellent balancer (or un-balancer, as the case may be), but still.
Hey, it's HILARIOUSLY Unbalanced Mafia. You don't
need
to be good. :P A second pair of eyes, though, would be helpful to make sure the sequel game runs smoothly--this game had a few hiccups and the extra pair of eyes will help me get better prepared for the chaos and anarchy.

Also, I don't think it's really GotY. And to be quite honest, if it weren't for Mollie and ProHawk taking snipes at each other for pretty much all of D3 and bits of D2, I would nom it for Most Enjoyable or something.
The two awards (GotY and Most Enjoyable) are one and the same now if memory serves, thus why I asked. :P In all of 2014, it's certainly the game I've had the most fun being involved in, butyeah, it was mainly on the enjoyment side rather than any other particular aspect.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
theloveofneroandmollie
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by theloveofneroandmollie »

@ voided

there aren't many times where a player completely drops down their guard and bring tears to my eyes with how vulnerable they are willing to be. you are devastatingly gorgeous for it. thank you for that and I am sorry I doubted you, I hope to not ever make that mistake again.

for me it was nice having dgb as town and not really moving from that.

thank you for the game mastina :)

also this is mollie. I am in marathons with nero hence why I am posting from this account.
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by istott »

HAHAHAHAHAHA wow
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60156
theloveofneroandmollie
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 pm

^^
best account ever

except maybe koreanBBQ
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by istott »

In post 1924, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1918, Mathdino wrote:am thoroughly enjoying reading the mod QT flavour
Right, I should probably put that all in-thread.

Shame that I didn't get to do N3 flavor. I totally woulda delayed the daystart if I had known that I wouldn't get the chance to write anything but a final lynch scene. :P

Also, I want to ask you as players: I'm seeing pretty good feedback for the game, which is a good sign, but there's something I want to know. I know that, for ME, sitting in the mod's chair, this game was so much of a blast to have been a part of that I'd definitely call it a Game of the Year contender, but I'm biased as the creator of the game and having sit from a point of omnipotence. So was it just good-good, or was it amazingly-awesome-good? (GOTY contender.)

Yes. Definitely. I both thouroughly enjoyed every minute, and actually feel I learnt something.
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by istott »

In post 1931, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:^^
best account ever

except maybe koreanBBQ

Who are you referring to?
Also, Yay Me!
I was on all the scum lynches, and IIRC, not on any town ones.(actual lynches, not votes)
-Mathdino
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1929, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:there aren't many times where a player completely drops down their guard and bring tears to my eyes with how vulnerable they are willing to be. you are devastatingly gorgeous for it. thank you for that and I am sorry I doubted you, I hope to not ever make that mistake again.

Half of that stuff really feels self-evident if you look at most of my games, but I might just be biasing against myself because I already know what I'm looking at/for.

istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by istott »

Also, Mastin has put the most effort into modding that I have seen. Personalised player messages, Extended votecounts, to name some of the things that stood out to me.
-Mathdino
theloveofneroandmollie
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 pm

In post 1934, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 1929, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:there aren't many times where a player completely drops down their guard and bring tears to my eyes with how vulnerable they are willing to be. you are devastatingly gorgeous for it. thank you for that and I am sorry I doubted you, I hope to not ever make that mistake again.

Half of that stuff really feels self-evident if you look at most of my games, but I might just be biasing against myself because I already know what I'm looking at/for.

I researched you during that cult game we played with jacob and thorella. it was a good bit of time ago but I don't think you had ever done anything like that before. I was taken aback but leaped to the wrong conclusion because of it and I am sorry.

agree about mastina's modding

AND STFU NERO YOU WEREN"T IN THIS GAME I AM HAVING A MOMENT
theloveofneroandmollie
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:30 pm

nero you are the best hydra partner ever
theloveofneroandmollie
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
theloveofneroandmollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:30 pm

WHAT DID I SAY NERO
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1936, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 1934, Voidedmafia wrote:

I researched you during that cult game we played with jacob and thorella. it was a good bit of time ago but I don't think you had ever done anything like that before. I was taken aback but leaped to the wrong conclusion because of it and I am sorry.

agree about mastina's modding

AND STFU NERO YOU WEREN"T IN THIS GAME I AM HAVING A MOMENT

oi check the scummies thread
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1936, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:researched you during that cult game we played with jacob and thorella. it was a good bit of time ago but I don't think you had ever done anything like that before. I was taken aback but leaped to the wrong conclusion because of it and I am sorry.

the one by chkflip?

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

yeah that 1. I looked through your games at that point.

I saw a very different side of you in this game and I thank you for that. there aren't that many moments in mafia where I am truly blown away and I was.
whew!
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1920, Mathdino wrote:
lynching based on roles > lynching based on scumhunting xD

haha, I will concede this one to you dino :P
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1927, Voidedmafia wrote:
I was getting frustrated with how much you were...well, angsting over the game. Granted, I could understand why you were upset about having to reveal it, but the rest of you play afterwards felt really anti-town and nowhere near the level of play you should've been giving.

Would love for you to expound on specifics because my actions were all taken with what I believed to be the best course for my role with its regards to the town.

If you are going to comment on anything that has to do with time-investment (ie, more in-depth analysis/reading/wall posts) I am only afforded so much time and spreading myself across more than one game at a time cuts back on that exponentially.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Thanks for modding Mastin!

You did a superb job with the vote-counts which I really realized once I quoted one of them and had to edit out all of the spoilered code I didn't need ;)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I just realised something and remembered something I came up with in D2 due to imagining myself as scum.

What if ika didn't come up with death miller claim and decided to not shoot N3?
With the playerlist as
{ProHawk, Mathdino, Fenix} whose collective results were ika was town
{ika, DGB, eyestott}
{guille, mollie}
Fenix would be almost instalynched, and his flip would clear ika. ALTERNATIVELY mollie would have to out herself and try to convince people that I was shot. But that would reveal mollie. Also Fenix's flip would confirm guille as the actual JK since Fenix was RB'd.
At that point, since mollie and guille protecting each other wouldn't work, ika would either have to find a way to get rid of the protectives or take out ProHawk, who, tbh, was lynchbait.
Hmm. Depending on the role actions, the win would be dependent on A. whether mollie and guille would want to target each other, and B. whether guille would try to continue using his JK as a method of clearing people.

Either way ika should've claimed another investigative IMO. 'Town Godfather' is what did him in.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I don't think I have actually been an easy lynch in a long time
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1946, ProHawk wrote:I don't think I have actually been an easy lynch in a long time

*points toward inuyasha game*

most of my thoughts are in the scum QT.

ill prob have better ones some other time.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by shos »

woo! yay town!
uh, so I've been folloiwing the game a titbit after I died, and then the semester forced me into staying focused only in (most of the) games in which I was still active.

the setup looks cool, and reading the mod topic was fun as well. The short version of the modnotes is interesting, how none of this happened. I wanna see why I got killed.....

gg everyone, I'll definitely be interested in a pm for a sequel :P
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by shos »

Also mastina, INSANE modding. I take my hat off
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”