Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

No, he's not; at the very leasy, Dylan has definatly posted less recently then VD did. Let me see if he's the one...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, Dylan hasn't posted since the 22'nd, and that means that if we hit deadline, he'll be forced to challange, and if he's not around to make the challange in the next 36 hours, then he'll be modkilled.

While Dylan being modkilled isn't the worst thing that could happen, it seems like we might get more info by making someone else we're suspicious of challange him before the deadline hits.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:22 am

Post by mneme »

The difference is that if Dylan is forced to challenge and then is modkilled, VD isn't modkilled (I think. This is what our ever-loving mods are checking on; thanks, Guardian!), so we've got more info on whether we want to keep him around or not for another cycle.

If someone else challenges Dylan, -regardless- of the outcome of the challenge, unless VD can get online to post, he'll be modkilled at the end of the cycle -- which puts us into L^L the next day with no extra info.

If that turns out to be the right answer after dylan is eliminated, we can do that ourselves -- but at least that way we can make informed decisions.
Did I say too much?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Guardian »

NGR News Report

Hey Citizens! Our funding has been cut, as an unexpected consequence of people being voted out of the FSOCL is that income from tax dollars goes down... Don't worry, we've sent in a few bribes with what little funding we have, and should be back with some regularity when the politicians get around to raising your taxes. One thing funding has not been cut from, even though it had not yet been employed, is the primary challenge timer. And it has just gone off! That's right citizens, the least vocal among you will now be forced to challenge!

Game Status: Cycle 3 (began 22nd June 0:01)
Randomized Deadline to Challenge: 6/25/07 1:39 P.M.
Least recent to post:
dylan41985

Deadline for dylan41985 to declare Challengee: 6/27/07 1:39 A.M.
Deadline to Lynch: 23:59 29th of June
All times EDT.

Good luck in the primaries citizens. NGR signing out!

mod edit: Fixed times for you Stewie, also noting that if dylan does not name an opponent via posting in the thread or by PM if necessary, he will be modkilled at 6/27 1:39 am which is 36 hrs post deadline. Also noting that such a modkill would end the cycle.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Actually, that is a good point, mneme. I forgot that VD is also in danger of getting modkilled. Hmmm...let me check...ok, VD said he'll be back on Thursday.
That said, and here's the strange part, I'm going to be out of town from Sunday through Thursday.

According to Pablito's mod post at the start of cycle 3, the deadline is
Pablito wrote:Deadline to Lynch: 23:59 EDT 29th of June[/qote]

Which is 11:59 Friday night. So, if someone else challanges Dylan, and VD gets back when he said he would, he
should
have enough time to vote before the deadline hits.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Crap, simulpost ruined my whole point. :(
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, on the off chance Dylan shows up, any one want to give suggestions about who he should challange?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:20 am

Post by mneme »

VD, of course. Same logic applies.

Both are very scummy (VD because he's self-proclaimed scum plus previous scummy behavior, dylan because of scummy behavior, incl admitted lying). And lynches one at a time are superior in this setup to more than one at a time (except and unless when we're at L^L -- where oddly enough, getting two lynches for the price of one would reduce our chances of losing, all things being equal), due to the lack of night kills.
Did I say too much?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'd actually like dylan to pick his challenge without the benefit of the Town's input. I'd like to see who he chooses off his own bat rather than having him just follow the Town's consensus. I think we'll get better info that way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

Wait a second, didn't VD say he'd sent instructions to the mods to avoid being modkilled?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I think the way it works is that a person can have instructions set up before hand in case of contingincy, so like if VD did send in those instructions, and he had been the one who had to make the challange, it would have happened. I guess it's a shame Dylan didn't notice that in the rules.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm okay with a Dylan lynch today; he had several holes in his logic and I don't like his accusations. The timing of his absence might be one last bid for survival. There's just a nagging feeling about mneme tough, I can't quite put my finger on it. I agree that we should let Dylab pick whoever he wants; this could prove useful if and when he turns out to be scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Stewie »

Guardian wrote:
Randomized Deadline to Challenge: 6/5/25 1:39 P.M.
Deadline for dylan41985 to declare Challengee: 6/7/25 1:39 A.M.
Uh, what? 6/7/25? 6/5/25? That makes no sense to me. Can anybody help me?

Also, if dylan does show up before whenever he needs to challenge, I too think that he should challenge whomever he finds scummy.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:35 am

Post by mneme »

Stewie: It's pretty clear what G meant to mean, ie:
7/6/25 and 7/6/27.

Or some such. Given the actual rules, Dylan gets MKed if he hasn't challenged by a bit before 2AM Wednesday morning.
Did I say too much?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Stewie »

Ah, I think I get it now. He's using y/m/dd. I got confused because I'm used to dd/mm/yyyy and particularly years being shown as yy or yyyy.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Would I be right in thinking that the deadline for anyone other than Dylan to challenge has gone?
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

As for comments regarding my last post. For some reason I thought closer to day had past instead of like six hours. I was really drunk when I made the second post. My thinking was that Dylans scum buddies were hoping that he would get a pass, because of him not being around, and he would not be challenged, thus me saying I really want to challenge Dylan was being ignored. My drunken thinking is really kind of convoluted.

I think the best scenario for us will be Dylan getting Mod killed and VD not being Mod killed, on the off chance that if Dylan is town we don't end up losing two Anti-liberal bodies. If Dylan shows up hopefully VD will too.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by pablito »

Since I won´t be online tonight...

dylan must post in thread who will be his opponent before the stated deadline so that the timestamp shows for everyone. He has been notified of this. If it does not occur by 1:39 am tomorrow morning (7 hrs from now?), please assume that dylan has been modkilled and we will begin with the first day of the next cycle immediately.

[he challenged in time]
Last edited by pablito on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by dylan41985 »

HA! Sorry to disappoint the many of you who wanted me DEAD, but I am here to challenge the people I think are conservatives.

It was fate for this town that I was able to get my first internet access right now, so soon before I was to be modkilled.

I still don't have much time to explain, but I am going to
Challenge: Stewie
. I believe he is in the mafia with
Stoofer

Stewie and Stoofer have shared a lot of the same moves in this game, which is one reason why I believe they're working together.

It's a possibility that not many people have mentioned. I have been scared to say anything about Stewie or accuse either of them for fear that they would both attack me.

Town, I am sending you a passionate message to save me this week. I am innocent. I am working with no one. If you think I'm a conservative...I want you to look back and think about who I am working with. There is no one who supports me in this game. AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT "partners throwing each other under the bus!"

The five people who voted to save me in the first elimination were BattleMage, Stoofer, Albert/Spin Wizard, Stewie, and Yosarian.

It is my strong belief that most mafia alliances vote together in the first round, because it's not suspicious and stinks to be voted out first. If I were a conservative, it would be safe to assume that people in the group above would be part of my team. However, I voted to kill BattleMage and I am challenging Stewie now. Stewie and Yosarian have not been afraid to nominate me, even when it was close. They all hate me and gang up to nominate me and make me look horrible.

I think Stewie has played a pretty quiet game...being very careful not to show his alliances with many people.

Please, please, please vote to save me because I'm a townie!!!!!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Stewie »

dylan41985 wrote: I think Stewie has played a pretty quiet game...being very careful not to show his alliances with many people.
Yeah,
I
played quietly.

I have not shown alliances with anyone because I do not have any.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Post by Guardian »

The following data fills your mind... it's one of those annoying Government mind-reading telepathy communiques!

Game Status: Cycle 3 (began 22nd June 0:01)
Deadline to Lynch: 23:59 29th of June

Challenger:
dylan41985

Challengee:
Stewie
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by mneme »

It is, of course, possible that all the scum managed to block, with only townies left on the outskirts.

But...it isn't the way to bet, and while dylan has a point with his "I'm so hated, I must be town" speech, I'm going to have to vote against his lying, inconsistent ways. (and hey, he -has- been so scummy that the "bus" option seems awfully likely)

vote: Stewie
Did I say too much?
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I think Dylans timely apearance is highly questionable. His lame attempt at convincing us stewie is scum is laughable. The evidence against Dylan is staggering. I don't feel like waiting knowing I have a couple buzy days coming up.

Vote stewie
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

This is easy-peasy. In fact, it's annoyingly easy because we are not going to get any sort of useful debate from this. Because we have an odd number of voters, the timing of votes is not critical, so I'll hold off voting so as to avoid The Wrath of Yosarian. But I don't see any basis that I would have for voting dylan.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by The Fonz »

At present, this doesn't look too difficult a choice. I think Stewie is probably the one other player I think is least likely to be a con right now.
dylan41985 wrote: I still don't have much time to explain, but I am going to
Challenge: Stewie
. I believe he is in the mafia with
Stoofer

Stewie and Stoofer have shared a lot of the same moves in this game, which is one reason why I believe they're working together.

It's a possibility that not many people have mentioned. I have been scared to say anything about Stewie or accuse either of them for fear that they would both attack me.
Not wanting to express your suspicions because you think it might get you attacked? Scummy. If you have a rational case against either one, you have nothing to hide.

Town, I am sending you a passionate message to save me this week. I am innocent. I am working with no one. If you think I'm a conservative...I want you to look back and think about who I am working with. There is no one who supports me in this game. AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT "partners throwing each other under the bus!"
Well, Albert's a potential partner for one. His impassioned attack on mneme seemed timed to deflect attention from the widespread suspicion of you. I certainly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that one or more scumbuddies bussed you, either: tying both buddies to such a loose cannon would be suicidal (with the usual caveats of WIFOM possibilities here).
The five people who voted to save me in the first elimination were BattleMage, Stoofer, Albert/Spin Wizard, Stewie, and Yosarian.

It is my strong belief that most mafia alliances vote together in the first round, because it's not suspicious and stinks to be voted out first. If I were a conservative, it would be safe to assume that people in the group above would be part of my team. However, I voted to kill BattleMage and I am challenging Stewie now. Stewie and Yosarian have not been afraid to nominate me, even when it was close. They all hate me and gang up to nominate me and make me look horrible.
What the hell? In case you hadn't noticed, Battle Mage was lynched and came up town. How is your willingness to lynch him evidence of anything? And please, quit with the, oh booo hoo, all the nasty scummy vets are ganging up on me. It's possible one or more were scum, ganging up on you because you are an easy lynch, of course: but that brings up the obvious point that, if that is the case, the only reason you might be an easy lynch in the first place is
because you look scummy as hell.
And of course, because you look scummy as hell is a pretty damn great town reason to vote for you, too.

Heckit's not even beyond the realms of possibility you knew yourself to be doomed, and challenged a scumbuddy to make him look town. Though I don't actually think you're that clever.
think Stewie has played a pretty quiet game...being very careful not to show his alliances with many people.
You started off by saying Stewie was scum with Stoofer, and talking about a potential tie. Now you're saying he hasn't shown ties?

That said, it might not be a bad idea for Stewie to go back and provide a summary of his reasoning behind each nom/vote. We want as much useful info out of this challenge as possible.

Please, please, please vote to save me because I'm a townie!!!!!
What kind of argument is this?

So, yeah, I'm very likely to vote for Stewie, but not right now. If nothing else, there are certain other players I'd like to see commit to an opinion before the result is a foregone conclusion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”