Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

theopor_COD wrote:
Theoville's town mayor Theo leapt out of bed, the sound of the front door swinging open, clutching his face he gasped for breath, seconds later the shots pierced his forehead. The killers grinning had executed their first plan of total domination for the tiny place by the sea. It wasn't long before the population of now twelve heard about the murder, anger rose with retribution sought, 3 looked overly sheepish within the crowd but confident of their plans for total domination of the peaceful seaside hamlet.
The opening post appears to make me think that the mafia shoot their targets .. as for the strangling (weird still for a vig), but doesn't matter because Adel killed BM which is considered a shooting. I think he's making a gambit here, and why was sk ruled out exactly? I've modded games with an sk and 3 mafia, and they've played out fine IMO.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm assuming that little code and link results in something saying "I'm the vig" (I can't figure out how to use it myself -- but Guardian's reaction seems to indicate as much).

Read to the bottom of theopor's second post, Nanook. Unless theopor's screwing with us, we started with 9 town vs. 3 scum.

I don't like how Guardian is advising the "real vig" to remain silent -- if someone counter-claims, we're down to a choice between two and that's a
good
thing. "At this point" town has six left to the scum's three. If we want a shot at not being in lylo for the rest of the game, we damn well better get all the information we can and DEFINITELY TRY TO KEEP THE VIGILANTE ALIVE. If no one counter-claims, then Adel must be innocent. If someone does, we lynch one of them and if we get it wrong lynch the other tomorrow. Duh.

I'm NOT the vigilante.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:07 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

So,

Guardian and I-COP

Adel-Vigilante

Meme-NOT the Vigilante

I dont know if anyone else claimed..
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

There was a shot the first night as well as the second .. right?

Adel is claiming that he killed BM, who was killed by a shot ... Something just isn't fitting into the equation for me.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:24 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I thought that string looked suspicious. I'm too stupid to crack it, but I knew it wasn't random.

Anyway, so Adel claims vig. Which means one of 3 scenarios:

A) Adel is vig, Guardian is non-sane cop
B) Adel is vig, Guardian is scum
C) Adel is scum, Guardian is sane cop

I have a hard time believing C, since the coded message named the vig-kill for the night. That would take a lot of lucky guessing if you weren't the vig.

Which leaves it down to A and B. This also makes me believe that YogurtBandit is a cop. I'm not sure about the sanity, though. If Guardian was scum, saying Adel was scum would be a pretty good play. One of the most suspicious people after day 1, knowing Adel was town, he could get Adel lynched, fake sanity problems, and wouldn't have too much suspicion.

But that's just assuming he's scum. I could see a cop investigating Adel as well. So I don't know.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Adel is claiming that he killed BM, who was killed by a shot
We don't know who was killed by what.
theopor_COD wrote:A night to forget for the residents of Theoville. Cracks of thunder and death all around. The town awake to see two dead bodies, one shot in the head, the other strangled painfully to death.

Battle Mage, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned
Erotomachia, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:31 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know if it would take all that much of lucky guessing to be truthful, I mean BM was in the hot seat for the most part right before the night struck, and the fact that he didn't participate to most of the players liking before deadline could warrant a few wanting him killed ... It's a stretch by far, but I wouldn't completely rule it out .. I don't know how new Adel is to the game and such, but I give the guy a lot of credit. He's got some skill, IMO.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:41 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

ChaosOmega wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:Adel is claiming that he killed BM, who was killed by a shot
We don't know who was killed by what.
theopor_COD wrote:A night to forget for the residents of Theoville. Cracks of thunder and death all around. The town awake to see two dead bodies, one shot in the head, the other strangled painfully to death.

Battle Mage, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned
Erotomachia, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned
Well He Would know, regardless of what Killing role he is. unless Theo put no Flavor.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Guardian »

MeMe is wiser than I. Everyone should be claiming if they are the vigilante or not. If no one counter claims, from my perspective we have four semi-confirmed / very likely townies: MeMe(!), YB (!!), Adel (!?!?!), and myself.

Obviously, I'm NOT the vig.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I don't know if it would take all that much of lucky guessing to be truthful, I mean BM was in the hot seat for the most part right before the night struck, and the fact that he didn't participate to most of the players liking before deadline could warrant a few wanting him killed ... It's a stretch by far, but I wouldn't completely rule it out .. I don't know how new Adel is to the game and such, but I give the guy a lot of credit. He's got some skill, IMO.
QFT
It seems like it wouldn't take to much to figure out who was most likely vig killed and not mafia killed.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

YagamiLight wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I don't know if it would take all that much of lucky guessing to be truthful, I mean BM was in the hot seat for the most part right before the night struck, and the fact that he didn't participate to most of the players liking before deadline could warrant a few wanting him killed ... It's a stretch by far, but I wouldn't completely rule it out .. I don't know how new Adel is to the game and such, but I give the guy a lot of credit. He's got some skill, IMO.
QFT
It seems like it wouldn't take to much to figure out who was most likely vig killed and not mafia killed.
Yagami, are you the Vig or no?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

CO - theopor specifies BM as shot and Eroto as strangled in the first post.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

No, I"m just saying that it seems easy to guess who the vig targeted... I thought you were someone else at first seeing your new avatar.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

YagamiLight wrote:No, I"m just saying that it seems easy to guess who the vig targeted... I thought you were someone else at first seeing your new avatar.
Yeah, a game Im co-modding.

So YL,MeMe,I, and Guuardian are all not the Vigs, and Adel is.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Not vig.

I don't see the confusion in seeing that BM was the vig target. Of course BM was the vig target. He was under pressure day 1, and it makes sense that Adel (who was suspicious of BM) would target him.

I still remember Adel trying to get town to direct the vig kill. It makes a little more sense now.

In other words, I believe Adel.
Adel wrote:CO: nice theory. I appreciate that you think you are saving the vig from a lynch. Also, It took a lot of work to clip all of those posts. I think I know who the vig really is, but it is impolite to go fishing for power roles. Can you turn those analytic skills on exposing who you think is scum?
Very nice.
Vote: ChaosOmega
for rolefishing.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Adel »

Streeflo wrote:Very nice.
Vote: ChaosOmega
for rolefishing.
Good call. I think it is odd the the only long, well researched post from CO is written to out the vig.
unvote:Streeflo vote:ChaosOmega

I am 0 fo 2 in identifying scum so far in this game, so I am having some confidence issues. Also, I would still like some help in figuring out who to kill tonight.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Adel »

My list

Cleared until a later day: Guardian, YB, Meme, Adel,
Neutral: YL
Possible scum: CO, Jayln, Nanook, Streeflo

Nanook is now my second choice for lynch *cough*vigkill*cough*, after CO.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Guardian »

The following assumes Adel is a vig, which even though I don't find her pro-town at all from her play, is a pretty good assumption if no one counter claims....

Adel, it depends on if we lynch town or scum.

If we lynch scum, then look for who has connections with them, and shoot them if you feel pretty good about it. We should lynch someone with the intent to consider having you vig kill one of their partners. You do not have to shoot though, as a no kill is definitely better than a miskill...

If we lynch town, however, unless you are like, 100% sure you have found scum, don't kill. If you miskill, and scum successfully kill, then it would be 3-3 town/scum, which is a loss for us.

Like I said, I owe this game a re-read, and in the near future I am going to put my scum hunting goggles on and scour these posts. Hopefully I find a pretty good lynch candidate...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

First, I would like to clarify for those who don't understand the string what to do so they can see it themselves. You enter 455 where it says password, and the string into encrypted text and click unsecure.
Now, it seems to me that CO's three posts before the one Adel mentioned(other than where he says he wants YB to post results first) are fairly well thought out, unlike Adel, but, we had already discussed outing with Nanook and all agreed it was a bad thing because it reveals them to the scum. Due to this I would agree with Streeflo and Adel. On Adel wanting to vig kill Nanook, like Guardian said we should wait and see how scummy they look, and remember we can only loose 3 more townies.
I would like to say that I'm still not 100% sure Adel is vig, as he could have said he was vig and vig killed either of the 2 (though BM seems more likely vig kill than Nanos), and also looking again at the beginning post and the kills from last night, I'm also not convinced there is not an SK.
Like I said earlier, in my eyes if Adel is pro-town that nearly confirms YB and MeMe, but not so much Guardian, because he could Either be scum faking insane/paranoid cop, or actually cop.
-Al Franken-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian could be scum. Getting me lynched would reveal my alignment, placing him in the same position he is in now, the insane or paranoid cop. Is he? I don't see a compelling case.

I'd like for the rest of the town to take a closer look at Nanook, CO, Streeflo and Jayln. Not just the past couple of pages (I see some stuff there though) but over the course of the game. Which two do you think are scum? Can you see Guardian, YL, or MeMe being partners with any of them?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount

ChaosOmega 2 - Adel, Streeflo
Adel 2 - YogurtBandit, Jalyn

Not voting - MeMe, Guardian, YagamiLight, NanooktheWolf, ChoasOmega

5 to hang someone. Deadline is approx 6 days 14 hours away or so.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:39 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Im more sure that Adel is the Vig, but Any of us could say there not the Vig when theyre Adel's scumbuddies, So my thoughts on Adel right now are up and down... I dont see your point n Claiming Vig with Only 2(3?) votes on you though, Seemed rushed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:56 am

Post by MeMe »

Chaos, Jalyn, Nanook -- please say whether or not you claim to be vigilante.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Adel »

YogurtBandit wrote:Im more sure that Adel is the Vig, but Any of us could say there not the Vig when theyre Adel's scumbuddies, So my thoughts on Adel right now are up and down... I dont see your point n Claiming Vig with Only 2(3?) votes on you though, Seemed rushed.
The deadline was creeping up, and we weren't making any progress.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Jalyn »

unvote

Not me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”