Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Miztef wrote: Deathsauce still looks scummy in my books, but because I used the trap with him as a "sacrifice" I can totally understand this as a pro-town action. I would be really angry with it myself.
Miztef wrote:If I just got to pick who to lynch right now, I'd go with deathsauce. His whole reaction to my trap rubs me the wrong way
There is no consistency between these two quotes. First you say you understand my reaction, then you say my reaction rubs you the wrong way. Which is it?

The fact that you are looking for input from StallingChamp makes me woonder if you are even paying attention to this game, we've been trying to get a replacement for him for like 5 pages.[/quote]

Mod edit
Votecount:
Miztef 3 (VanDamien, DeathSauce, ryan)
VanDamien 1 (Miztef)

Not voting 5: TopHat, Paradoxombie, Trustgossip, StallingChamp, vollkan

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Just for the record, I am not angry at all about your "trap". Mystified would be more accurate.

Also just for the record, "woonder" means "wonder" :)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:46 am

Post by ryan »

I'm not sure who the StallingChamp comment was directed toward but the reason I asked for the imput or replacement is we seem to have about 4 people actively commenting and if anything it was just a nudge at our mod to get us some replacements in (plus I wasn't sure if StallingChamp was still banned or not) We've needed two replacements for quite awhile now, I agree.

I am a little interested in why you aren't a little upset about the Miztef trap on you. If you are town (such as you have claimed) having somebody set a trap that could have had me lynched when I know I'm town would have made me a little upset
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:15 am

Post by vollkan »

Miztef wrote: If I just got to pick who to lynch right now, I'd go with deathsauce. His whole reaction to my trap rubs me the wrong way, and I was suspicious of him even before my trap. All my arguements against him and my vote before the trap were quite true, although
I was going a bit overboard in order to get the best reaction.
I have bolded the bit that interests me most. What specifically are you referring to by that? Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that you exaggerated your case against Death to "get the best reaction".

Again, you say you were suspicious of Death before you set the trap, once more demonstrating the contradiction inherent in the trap as you set it and the massive flaw to your plan if it was done on a pro-town basis. You have answered my statements on this matter by saying in [646]:
I realize that there are alot of risks and some flaws in my plan. However, it has led to alot of interesting and unique information being presented and so at least, even if you decide to lynch me, you'll have some valuable information from my crazed antics.
Miztef, the information this has generated does not justify the "unvote" in any way. You say you made a stupid error, fine, but don't try to offset the potential consequences of your actions in light of the fact that it has generated discussion (as well as a good deal of confusion).

I am very much at a crossroads in terms of my suspicion. My two most likely scum candidates are Death and Miztef but I feel quite strongly they are not together (unless they have done a brilliant job of distancing).

Death: My suspicions from earlier have not waned at all. His heavy-handed responses to Miztef initially made me more suspicious of him, though I can see the justification for them, particularly in light of the contradictions in Miztef's reasons for laying the trap. That said, I suppose they would be consistent with Death being scum in trying to get rid of an easy target who was on his wagon. Overall, I don't find positive grounds for suspicion in Death's more recent actions, but my earlier suspicions linger on.

Miztef: What I said back in [604] pointed you to being scum with Ryan and VD, though of late VD has been disputed somewhat. Could be distancing by VD, but there was not so much evidence for VD's membership in the first place, as I said some time back. Ryan was a somewhat more likely partner and I find it more probable that his recent actions are distancing than VD's. I think it is obvious that your unvote was either:

(1) A complete blunder by a townie who decided to try something (not so) clever; or
(2)A complete blunder by a scum who chose to reveal their mistake as a pro-town blunder in the hopes of not getting into bigger trouble later

To keep this game moving until the 5 inactive players do something, I have a question for Death and Ryan (and VD if care to drop in):

Question:
On what basis do you think (2) of the above is more likely than (1)?

Since you two (or three) have your votes on Miztef, you must have a reason for seeing (1) as less likely.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:19 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Sorry ryan, the StallingChamp comment was directed at Miztef.

Please note that I said I was not "angry" about Miztef's tactic. I don't see any point in being angry about something that happens in a game. I could confess to being somewhat upset, but even that would be a little bit of exaggeration. In the end, it has helped to draw suspicion on a player that I found suspicious, so it has actually helped the town, in my opinion.

vollkan, I can't honestly tell you which one is more likely. The very fact that Miztef revealed the trap makes the whole thing very WIFOM-y.

It is not so much the "trap" as Miztef's stated reasons for it that really make me suspicious. I know you don't feel that the "it failed there, and the scum won" statement is a cause-and-effect, but to me it is a highly questionable comment. The further inconsistencies have increased my suspicion.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Miztef »

Ok, I wouldn't call it a complete blunder.... the major reason for it was generating information. It has done that to great extent, even if it has caused unnessasary suspicion on myself.

I admitted to the trap because I realized it wouldn't work the way I intended. In doing so, I managed to get a game that has 3-5 inactives going intensely, and made sure this didn't come up later when everyone would probably lynch me quite quickly.

My real question to all the suspicion against me is: How is the trap truely helpful to scum?

If deathsauce is town, then yes, there was problem that the trap may have killed him. However, I did expect the trap to work at first, and didn't really take into consideration this possibility as much as I could have. That was a mistake.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:13 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef: I think it's helpful to the scum because now we've spent what, three pages talking about "the trap" instead of doing some scum hunting. Hence why I said it was anti town earlier, it's not helping us find the mafia.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 am

Post by DeathSauce »

How is the trap truely helpful to scum?
If you are scum, and a townie hammers me, you get a free pass to declare suspicion of them for being the hammer vote. You get to deflect suspicion from yourself because you can point out your unvote and claim ignorance as to why it didn't work. The timing of your trap and the posts in between announcing allows for the possibility that you expected someone to hammer quickly and were afraid that someone would catch your trap when the hammer didn't fall.

Now, can you explain how your trap was truly helpful to the town?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Miztef »

Firstly, @ryan: These pages aren't wasted, they are showing who is willing to vote for who and force the scum into unpredictable territory.

Well, a good townie wouldn't have hammered you without good reason! Unless a bad town player randomly just threw down the hammer, I doubt I could convince the town that the hammerer is very scummy (if I were scum).

The entire point of my trap was to leave some time for the scum to hammer and then be caught! Of course I left time for that to happen.

I wasn't afraid the trap would be found out, I realized it was more flawed then I had orginally thought, and considered that it maybe won't work (becuase of the mod not counting it) . So I revealed it because I didn't think it was worth hiding.

This pressure on me seems a bit too much at this point. I'm gonna go right ahead and
vote: DeathSauce

I am done defending the trap. ryan is right in that we need to get back to looking for scum, we are only restating things to each other now.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:56 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef: Wasted was probably a harsh word to say, basically we've been back and forth on you for your plan and you are right, we are sitting here restating things.

4 people have been consistently active in this game and it's time that we get some fresh perspective from some of the others. You aren't close to a lynch nor is anyone else. So I think VD, Para and TrustGossip need a little time to catch up with the pages BUT I expect them to participate and give some thoughts. I hate to hit the brakes on the thread but those three (along with our two newbies, whenever they are brought in) would be appreciated with some insight. I'd like some other thoughts to think about.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by vollkan »

Miztef wrote:Ok, I wouldn't call it a complete blunder.... the major reason for it was generating information. It has done that to great extent, even if it has caused unnessasary suspicion on myself.
Miztef wrote: Well, a good townie wouldn't have hammered you without good reason! Unless a bad town player randomly just threw down the hammer, I doubt I could convince the town that the hammerer is very scummy (if I were scum).

The entire point of my trap was to leave some time for the scum to hammer and then be caught! Of course I left time for that to happen.
Again, a contradiction. The "major reason" is to get information but "the entire point" is to catch a scum (or a bad townie as you have admitted).

Death, you say it is the fact it had some relation to a loss in another thread and Miztef's contradictions which have made you suspicious rather than Miztef's actual actions. Even if I disagree with the former of these somewhat (the whole cause and effect debate we had), I can see your sense in the latter.
Miztef wrote: I am done defending the trap. ryan is right in that we need to get back to looking for scum, we are only restating things to each other now.
I don't like this bit at all. Ryan thinks everything that has been said over the last few pages is useless in hunting scum (funny, though, that it was useless enough for Ryan to cast a vote) and Miztef agrees. This looks very evasive on Miztef's part and makes me think back to everything in [604], with Ryan possibly pulling out a distancing vote to dissolve the Ryan/Miztef possibility.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

hmm, I forgot that I haven't posted for a while. I have been reading though.

Anyway I guess I'm am the only one besides Miztef to think his actions are justifiable, but it looks like that doesn't really make any difference in this particular situation. It seems that all of miztef's actions are equally either scummy or protown, imo, so I can't really vote him on them alone.

I've been noticing very minor scum tells from both Miz and DS for this entire conversation, but nothing major enough to bring up. But I think I'll attribute it to the fact that both of you are somewhat in peril, and might be just slightly twisting truths and exaggerating to survive. It's not unlike what I said above; it's scummy, but a protown player isn't any less likely to act the same way.

I might be wrong, but it seems like people are fairly certain that either Miztef or Deathsauce are scum, but I'm not entirely convinced of that yet. I'd like to hear more from people. More differing opinions would be useful, because when everyone just agrees on everything it gives scum an easier comfort zone than when they have to make fabricated opinions.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:38 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Anyway I guess I'm am the only one besides Miztef to think his actions are justifiable
Please post in detail why you feel the trap and the multiple contradictions Miztef has posted are justifiable.
I've been noticing very minor scum tells from both Miz and DS for this entire conversation, but nothing major enough to bring up. But I think I'll attribute it to the fact that both of you are somewhat in peril, and might be just slightly twisting truths and exaggerating to survive.
This is nonsense.
If you think I am doing something scummy, please post it. The last 9 pages of this thread has been you and a few others saying "DeathSauce seems scummy" and only vollkan has had the courtesy to actually explain his suspicion.

As for me being "in peril", there is exactly one vote on me. Why do you feel the need to miscategorize my situation? If I switch my vote to you, are you "in peril"?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:20 am

Post by ryan »

vollkan wrote:
Miztef wrote:
Miztef wrote: I am done defending the trap. ryan is right in that we need to get back to looking for scum, we are only restating things to each other now.
I don't like this bit at all. Ryan thinks everything that has been said over the last few pages is useless in hunting scum (funny, though, that it was useless enough for Ryan to cast a vote) and Miztef agrees. This looks very evasive on Miztef's part and makes me think back to everything in [604], with Ryan possibly pulling out a distancing vote to dissolve the Ryan/Miztef possibility.
Definetly NOT a distancing vote by me. I think I've stated a few times that I feel like people in the past 3-4 pages are agreeing that the trap wasn't a good one and instead of talking about other possible scum (StallingChamp, TopHat, TrustGossip for example) we seem to be focusing entirely on Miztef and not trying to figure out his partner or partners. If anyone is distancing/lurking, Paradoxombie and TrustGossip seem to be the quietest during this entire debate (I'd even throw VD into that equation) We've had alot of content and things to discuss yet three of our "active" players aren't weighing in. Para saying that he "forgot that he hadn't posted in awhile" is a little strange because he admits to reading (so he should know he hasn't posted any content in awhile) I did see he weighed in finally but didn't really take a stance. Saying he sees minor scum tells (on Miztef and DS) without sighting them sounds like a scum trying to throw suspicion on two people who have had their fair share of suspicion the past 7 or 8 pages. More content with your accusations would be beneficial to the rest of the town.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 am

Post by ryan »

vollkan wrote:
Miztef wrote:
Definetly NOT a distancing vote by me. I think I've stated a few times that I feel like people in the past 3-4 pages are agreeing that the trap wasn't a good one and instead of talking about other possible scum (StallingChamp, TopHat, TrustGossip for example) we seem to be focusing entirely on Miztef and not trying to figure out his partner or partners. If anyone is distancing/lurking, Paradoxombie and TrustGossip seem to be the quietest during this entire debate (I'd even throw VD into that equation) We've had alot of content and things to discuss yet three of our "active" players aren't weighing in. Para saying that he "forgot that he hadn't posted in awhile" is a little strange because he admits to reading (so he should know he hasn't posted any content in awhile) I did see he weighed in finally but didn't really take a stance. Saying he sees minor scum tells (on Miztef and DS) without sighting them sounds like a scum trying to throw suspicion on two people who have had their fair share of suspicion the past 7 or 8 pages. More content with your accusations would be beneficial to the rest of the town.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Miztef »

@Deathsauce: I believe what Paradox is pointing out is that the 2 major suspects here are you and I. If the town becomes convinced that either one of us is town, it is likely they will vote the other as scum.

At this point, I really think that one of Deathsauce or ryan is scum, possibly both.

Deathsauce would be taking the full frontal approach as scum, where he sees an opprotunity to lynch a faulted townie (myself) and is now finding any way possible to lynch me. If I do get lynched, he can easily say that there was enough evidence against me, and his attack was valid.

ryan sees that I am in a weakened posisition and likes that Deathsauce is leading the assualt (doesn't particularly matter if DS is scum/town). By just slipping in his vote and considering other things in the game, he can get away with lynching me and saying he wasn't really sure anyway.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

How far am I with the replacements? Since I get no reactions from the replacement list, I am starting to contact some people personally. Thanks to ryan for giving me some usernames to pm, if anybody knows someone else please tell me, or remind them of the replacement list. Thank you, and sorry for the long wait (although that is not mine nor your fault).
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:03 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef: I have stated that your "trap" is anti town and that is why you have a vote on me. I wouldn't be surprised if DeathSauce is your scumbuddy, but for now, I'm happy with keeping you as my #1 choice. DeathSauce is FAR from leading a charge on you, you have three people who find you scummy with the verdict still out on Vollkan's choice. I won't lie that I am still wondering how you could appear pro town and than all of a sudden pull an anti town move, but eh, it's a game and a slipup by you which is the reason I'm sticking to you as a vote
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Miztef »

Death is far from leading the charge against me?! Are you kidding?

VD barely had any input on the subject, expect that he felt it was unethical. Yes, he voted for me, but he was also open to other possibilities and still hasn't solidified his posistion on it.

You have said you agreed that it is a scummy thing to do, and that it deserves a vote, but you have hardly had any insight into the actual details of it.

Then we have Deathsauce, who has continually and consistantly called it scummy behavior and is adament on his posistion that I am scum, detailing everything he finds scummy about it and continually pressuring me about it.

Vollkan has also been questioning me about it, but in a more overall picture way, and isn't as rash as Deathsauce seems to be. I am somewhat confused as to why vollkan has not voted for me yet though, since his evidence against me seems to have mounted up quite heavily. My guess is he is waiting for input from the inactives/replacements.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:20 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef: Please read back through my posts before saying that I haven't given any insight. I've stated my case on you pretty clearly since I placed my vote.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Miztef »

Well sure, you have evidence against me. However, I feel that your actions are not as strong as Deathsauce's, like this (not a direct quote) "It's incomprehensible that you guys aren't voting miztef" attack. Post 631.

One of the major reasons everyone is suspicious of me is because I can't explain my trap clearly enough. There was alot of varibles with the trap, some of which I accounted for (the risk that a pro-town player might fall into it), some I did not (the risk that it would be ignored). However, in absolutely no case I can see could I have lynched a pro-town player and gotten away scott free. If a pro-town player had fallen into it, and lawrencelot didn't count it, Deathsauce would be dead under fairly good reasoning and I would still be under heavy scrunity for the trap (if I admitted it). If the trap would be counted, and somehow a pro-town player fell for it, well, they'd have some explaining to do. The entire idea was that a pro-town would explain their reasoning, a scum would not(because I used the trap with the assumption we were under likely LYLO).

bah, I don't even know why I'm trying to defend it anymore. I said I wouldn't anyway. It's just so frustating that some of you see it in such a negitive aspect, yet I don't understand why. It's just such a mess of varibles and "what if's".
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

It's ironic that this post exemplifies my point so well.
DeathSauce wrote:
Anyway I guess I'm am the only one besides Miztef to think his actions are justifiable
Please post in detail why you feel the trap and the multiple contradictions Miztef has posted are justifiable.
Your first response is odd, because we've been over this before. And by "we" I mean you and me, and by "before" I mean about 1 page ago. See my post 626, your's 631, and mine 632. I already explained how Miztef's actions are justified, then you asked me anyway why they were in reponse, and I replied with a quote from the post you were responding to. If that wasn't an comprehendable, then you could have easily asked me to clarify or somthing. But now I repeat my opinion, and you ask me to explain again!
DeathSauce wrote:
I've been noticing very minor scum tells from both Miz and DS for this entire conversation, but nothing major enough to bring up. But I think I'll attribute it to the fact that both of you are somewhat in peril, and might be just slightly twisting truths and exaggerating to survive.
This is nonsense.
If you think I am doing something scummy, please post it. The last 9 pages of this thread has been you and a few others saying "DeathSauce seems scummy" and only vollkan has had the courtesy to actually explain his suspicion.

As for me being "in peril", there is exactly one vote on me. Why do you feel the need to miscategorize my situation? If I switch my vote to you, are you "in peril"?
You're obviously overreacting. I haven't said you are scummy at all. I am in fact probably the least suspicious of you at the time of posting. I said that most people thought either you or Miz were scum. You haven't bothered to disagree with that, and if that's not "in peril" I don't know what is. It only solidifies my point that you've lashed out at me for even mentioning you, even though I actually said I didn't think those scum tells were valid. It also doesn't help that I'm the only one who hasn't condemned Miz, so I guess I'm just an obvious target for you, trying to attack anyone you can to escape the suspicion that still rests on you.

Saying my post is nonsense is ironic as well, because one of the scumtells I see in you is exaggerating the truth, perhaps the most common scum tactic of all. You seem to think this one action of Miztef's is not only scummy, but totally complete and 100% evidence that he is scum. Yet you've never explained your vote. You never pointed out exactly how it proves the scumminess. Then, as soon as anyone suggest otherwise you go after them, as if their opinion is totally unacceptable. And your explanation for why everyone should immediately vote Miztef?
DeathSauce wrote: Sorry, but this just baffles me. A player uses a highly questionable tactic in the game and then comes right out and says that they saw it used in a game where it gave the scum the win, and you think it it's only FOS-worthy? Do you need Miztef to actually announce that he is scum? Because what he's done is just one step short of that.
This is the only explanation you give. The tactic was "highly questionable". We've already explained that it's totally fallacy to suggest it makes a difference how it played out in another game, in a totally different scenario too, and since you've neither retracted or affirmed this point, it makes me think you realize it's wrong but are afraid to admit it. So we come down to your only explanation why Miztef should be condemned, is that his tactic was "highly questionable". Additionally, while you haven't come out and said it, it's obvious that your post suggests it is more reasonable for me to be scum than to disagree with your opinion. And as soon as I reaffirm my opinion in the post you just quoted, you're ready to attack me as I feel you would do in the next post or two.

I think your entire attack on Miztef is exaggerated. I thought this could be simply because you were afraid of being lynched, but now that you are so eager to exaggerate my opinions as well, I'm willing to say you are scummy. You say my opinion that you have been giving off minor scum tells is nonsense, even before I say what the tells are. I could have a different opinion than a normal player and easily consider things scum tells which others wouldn't, and that wouldn't make them nonsense, even if you felt you hadn't given any. Still in this situation the scum tells are obvious, making it an even bigger exaggeration.

Here are the tells, for clarity:
#1. Going after obvious targets to escape suspicion
(While the "to escape suspicion" is speculation, I think it's obvious that's what DS is doing)
#2. exaggerating points extensively and intensely for use in #1

You seem to feel it is totally ridiculous and unnacceptable to say you notice scumtells and not post them, but that is far from the truth. Especially with minor scum tells, it is important you keep them to yourself and watch for repeating the same behavior. If you straight out tell them, the scum will obviously modify their behavor, and since the tells were minor in the first place, you gain essentially nothing in your case to point them out as soon as you see them. In this case, I didn't even plan on using the tells in an argument and felt they were meaningless, but you still attack me over suggesting there are any at all in the first place.

I am glad that I didn't post them, because in the way you've responded, you show the tells very clearly. I thought they were minor before, but in the way you've repeated them, and used them so blatantly for your own gain, I change my mind. I will admit I've been hesitant to have a strong opinion since I've been attacked for going after ABR a while ago, but this last post seriously took DS from a 0 to 100 in scumminess, imo.

While I realize that exaggerating and playing aggresively simply to escape your own lynch could easily be used by a townie just as easily as scum, I think it's important in the tradition of LAL to assume that they won't, because they shouldn't need to. Townies should be able to argue effectively and fairly to avoid a lynch and make a case. In my opinion DS purposely hasn't done that.

Vote: Deathsauce

ryan wrote:I won't lie that I am still wondering how you could appear pro town and than all of a sudden pull an anti town move, but eh, it's a game and a slipup by you which is the reason I'm sticking to you as a vote
I don't like this, because it exemplifies my biggest problem with the Miztef bandwagon, and no one has bothered to explain. You assume he is scum pretending to be town and made a slip and appeared scummy for a second, but the obvious alternative that he IS town and made the same slip. There's no reason he's anymore likely to make such a slip if he's scum than if he's town, I don't see why you are so willing to pick one over the other. Maybe it's just an easier alternative for me to see since I think the slip in the first place wasn't really necessarily a slip.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:07 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Actually, I would like you to clarify post 632. It reads as a complete mishmash, and I glossed over because I was sure you would eventually come to your senses.
You're obviously overreacting. I haven't said you are scummy at all.
You said I was exhibiting scumtells. That is pretty damned close to saying I am scummy. If I say you are covered with feathers, you can safely assume I am implying that you are a bird.
I said that most people thought either you or Miz were scum. You haven't bothered to disagree with that, and if that's not "in peril" I don't know what is. It only solidifies my point that you've lashed out at me for even mentioning you, even though I actually said I didn't think those scum tells were valid.
We have different definitions of "peril" I guess. This is not the first time you have accused me of "lashing out" against you. I have done no such thing. I realize that it is hard to judge someones intent just reading words on a screen, but I am not lashing out at you, or upset, or angry, or any such thing. Maybe my typing style is terse or something, I will try to present a friendlier face.
You seem to think this one action of Miztef's is not only scummy, but totally complete and 100% evidence that he is scum. Yet you've never explained your vote. You never pointed out exactly how it proves the scumminess.
There have been at least three major inconsistencies in Miztef's posts since the "trap" fiasco. Read my response to vollkan in post 654, that should help to explain my suspicion of Miztef. Read all my posts since the "trap". You are completely misrepresenting the breadth of my suspicion.
Then, as soon as anyone suggest otherwise you go after them, as if their opinion is totally unacceptable.
Again with the "going after". I am
arguing my point of view
. That is what players do in this game.
This is the only explanation you give.
No it isn't. I have given three reasons in the last 2 pages.
We've already explained that it's totally fallacy to suggest it makes a difference how it (the trap) played out in another game, in a totally different scenario too, and since you've neither retracted or affirmed this point, it makes me think you realize it's wrong but are afraid to admit it.
A "totally different scenario"? How do you know that? Because Miztef said so? I saw no link to the game. I have repeatedly said that I found that sentence "explaining" the trap to be incredibly scummy. To suggest I have neither "retracted or affimed this point" is utter hogwash.
So we come down to your only explanation why Miztef should be condemned, is that his tactic was "highly questionable". Additionally, while you haven't come out and said it, it's obvious that your post suggests it is more reasonable for me to be scum than to disagree with your opinion.
Have you read my posts? How many times should I explain that it is NOT the trap that is my main source of suspicion? And please, please do not put words in my mouth. I have not even
hinted
that you are scum. But let me tell you, if you continue to misrepresent my arguments and put words in my mouth, my opinion can change. And please do not bore me with an "A-HA! I knew it!"
(While the "to escape suspicion" is speculation, I think it's obvious that's what DS is doing)
Re-read the thread. I was suspicious of Miztef long before there was any sort of threat to me. You admit Miztef is an "obvious target", therefore suspicion of an "obvious target" is suspicious?

You accuse me of "exaggerating your opinions". I see no evidence I have done so. If you want to keep your scumtells to yourself, just say so. The fact is I am only looking to defend myself, something every player wants to do. If a group of players continually posted "Paradox is scummy and is showing scumtells" and never exanded on that, might you not also get frustrated and ask for some actual evidence? Actualy, Van Damien did just that when he said this:
Paradoxombie and DeathSauce are scum
, yet you never even asked him about that!
I think it's important in the tradition of LAL to assume that they won't, because they shouldn't need to. Townies should be able to argue effectively and fairly to avoid a lynch and make a case. In my opinion DS purposely hasn't done that.
So you insinuate that I am a liar with your "LAL" comment, nice. As to your second point, about my ability to argue effectively to avoid a lynch, perhaps you didn't notice that two players that I previously argued were scum now agree with me that Miztef is worthy of lynching? Did you notice that I was at lynch -1, and then had no votes on me other than the person whose lynch I was advocating? I think I have argued as effectively and fairly as a player can in this game.

I hope you don't read this post as another "lashing", I am simply trying to answer your suspicions.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Sir Tornado will replace StallingChamp, if he got my PM, because I keep getting an error while PMing Sir Tornado. Sir Tornado, if you read this, please tell me if you got your role pm or not. Thank you.

1 left. If someone needs to be prodded, please post so in bold, but only with a specific username.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by vollkan »

Miztef wrote: Vollkan has also been questioning me about it, but in a more overall picture way, and isn't as rash as Deathsauce seems to be. I am somewhat confused as to why vollkan has not voted for me yet though, since his evidence against me seems to have mounted up quite heavily. My guess is he is waiting for input from the inactives/replacements.
You're partly right in that I feel a lack of players creates too much uncertainty in this situation. The other reason I have not voted for you was given by Para in his post:
Paradoxombie wrote: You assume he is scum pretending to be town and made a slip and appeared scummy for a second, but the obvious alternative that he IS town and made the same slip. There's no reason he's anymore likely to make such a slip if he's scum than if he's town, I don't see why you are so willing to pick one over the other. Maybe it's just an easier alternative for me to see since I think the slip in the first place wasn't really necessarily a slip.
I know for the past few of my posts I have been arguing that a revelation would be the best thing for a scum to do, but still I meant that with the overriding likely possibility being that you made a "protown blunder" as I called it earlier. I don't see your unvote as "scummy", it is just something which could potentially be scummy, which you can pretty much say about anything so I don't quite see why people have been so quick to pounce on you for it.

Now, to the DS v Para feud which has erupted all of a sudden:
Earlier on I asked DS why he thought it was more likely that Miz was scum than town. His response:
DeathSauce wrote: vollkan, I can't honestly tell you which one is more likely. The very fact that Miztef revealed the trap makes the whole thing very WIFOM-y.
The "WIFOM-y" refers to the idea I floated about a scum Miz possibly revealing since it was the smartest thing to do. Odd, however, that I raised that idea well after DS had raised the bulk of his attack. Here we have DS admitting he does not know which is more likely and admitting that the only possible evidence of scumminess (the reveal thing) is WIFOM-y at best.
There have been at least three major inconsistencies in Miztef's posts since the "trap" fiasco. Read my response to vollkan in post 654, that should help to explain my suspicion of Miztef. Read all my posts since the "trap". You are completely misrepresenting the breadth of my suspicion.
That was said in response to Para arguing there is a lack of evidence for Miz being scum.

1) The first contradiction is that Miz said you were "justifiably angry" and that "your response rubbed him the wrong way" (or to that effect). I don't think this is a "major inconsistency" in the sense of proving scumminess. An angry response is justified (I myself am more than a little irritated by what could have caused a loss) however, as I have been saying all the way through this, I don't think DS's particularly rash response is justified, nor do I think his arguments are actually sound, since they still fail to prove that Miz IS scum, it merely proves he COULD be scum.
2) The second is the fact that Miz "unvoted" even though he suspected DS. This is more a major problem with his plan itself than a contradiction in his explanation. It isn't evidence for scumminess.
3) The "major reason" versus "entire point" contradiction which I raised. I suppose in one sense the two "purposes" are compatible, since the trap would certainly have generated discussion. I don't like the fact that Miz tried to justify it by saying the discussion he caused is good, though again it is not really "scummy", since it could well just be another reflection of the dodginess of his plan.

All in all, whilst the contradictions are suspicious and I can see sense in suspecting Miz for them (as I said back in [660]), they are not very strong evidence at all.

Quote:

Re-read the thread. I was suspicious of Miztef long before there was any sort of threat to me. You admit Miztef is an "obvious target", therefore suspicion of an "obvious target" is suspicious?

You accuse me of "exaggerating your opinions". I see no evidence I have done so. If you want to keep your scumtells to yourself, just say so. The fact is I am only looking to defend myself, something every player wants to do.
DS wrote everything not in the quote by Para (read up and you will understand). Miz is an obvious target, but his scumminess is not obvious. It is suspicious that you would be so adamantly against Miz when he has not done anything which actually IS scummy. I played the devil's advocate with myself a bit, and it ended up in a WIFOM and some minor contradictions. I was not convinced there was a case against Miz despite trying to find the evidence for it, since clearly you and others did feel there was one.

This bit really grabs me:
You then say you are not "escaping suspicion" but are merely "defending yourself". Either way, I really don't like this since you are basically admitting that you have advanced the anti-Miz line to protect yoursself.

There is no solid case for Miz being scum based on the evidence. The arguments you have made have been rash and something of an over-reaction. If this attack on Miz is "defending yourself", then that strikes me as very suspicious indeed. The only reason you are not on L-1 any more is because of the events which have happened regarding Miz, most of which has been fuelled by you conflating a case. This looks to me like a scum taking advantage of the fact that one of the people who suspected them the most made a blatant error.
How many times should I explain that it is NOT the trap that is my main source of suspicion?
Then what is? The contradictions are NOT evidence of anything in that they are minor and pretty explicable. This looks like back-pedalling to me after people have said that the trap is not suspicious.

Also, DS, I don't like how you continually say that people are calling you scum without stating the evidence, to somehow discredit your opposition. I know exactly what people refer to each time they say it; it just looks like you are begging the question.

This argument between Para and DS has given evidence enough to allay my indecisiveness. As I said earlier, DS has admitted the case against Miz is weak and WIFOM-y at best. And yet, he persists in arguing emphatically that Miz is scum and even admits that he has done this to his own advantage.

DS, if there is anything here which I am unclear about point it out because I don't want to fall prey to your claims that the case against you lacks evidence.
Vote: DeathSauce

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”