Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Nanook, what are your thoughts at the moment? Care to vote or FOS?

Streeflo, who do you suspect other than CO and myself? Do you think CO and I are likely to be scum partners?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Jalyn »

Adel wrote:I think you are off in this assumption, and I think that you are too good of a player, too careful of a reader, and too skilled a rhetorician to sincerely believe in such a reason for a vote.
FoS:Jalyn
Um. Thank you? I think?
Guardian wrote:Jalyn, if your join date is not reflective of your experience, let me know, but I have read at least one or two mini games with two cops of varying sanities, and I've only read about 30 games.... Surely you have more to go on at this point?
You are getting further away from YL and much closer to ChaosOmega, Streeflo, and Nanook in my list of possible scum.
Er. Well. I'm not particularly impressed with the "how experienced are you?" thing, but... My join date is pretty much non-reflective of anything, other than the fact that I still remembered my password when I came back to the site 4-5 years after losing track of it.

That's not to say that I'm a newbie, I've played on other sites and one of the few games I played here before being gone was Quercitron's invitational mini. (I believe that I was lynched day 1, but I can't find the posts in my "find all posts" so I'm not sure.)
Other than that, I was in Meet Your Maker mini for all of one post before being night killed.
I've joined Friends & Enemies since this one.

How's that for full disclosure? ;)

Anyway, could you point me to the games you are thinking of if they are completed and you remember them?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Have to reread. Will post thoughts later today.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Adel »

My current hunch for the scum group:

CO+Nanook+Jalyn

I would like to see them die in that order.

I can see Nanook being scum independent of CO, and if that is the case I suspect Streeflo in CO's place.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Guardian »

^I very much agree with that.

Mine is closer to CO + Nanook + Streeflo, if CO isn't scum then Jalyn is the obvious fill in. YB and Adel are confirmed, and YL and MeMe are both likely town.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Adel »

If we wake up tomorrow and Nanook and CO are both dead scum, choosing between Streeflo and Jalyn would be a lovely choice to have to face.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

The 3 people I am most suspicious of are Guardian, Streeflo, and Jalyn.

Guardian: Breadcrumbing early is fine, but you did it multiple times in the first couple of pages. With that many, they were bound to be found sooner rather than later. Also, doing it that much that soon could be seen as you wanting someone to find it early, so you could claim cop and not have much suspicion on you in the beginning.

Reading over the second day again, I think you knew Adel was vig before I posted anything about it. When I posted it, both you and Adel played it off. It was understandable for her to do so; she wanted to cover up the fact she was vig. You, on the other hand, just wanted it to be swept under the rug so Adel could still be lynched. You said that you noticed it as well, but figured she wouldn't do that after your breadcrumbing. Also, having you later suggest that no one counter claim her has already been shown to be a bad move. As soon as that was pointed out, all you did was go "MeMe is smart, listen to her, I don't know what I'm doing". And you saying this:
Guardian wrote:me as scum breadcruming alone is silly
is pretty ridiculous. Why can't scum breadcrumb? And if that's the case, why wasn't all your doubt of Adel absolved after you noticed her breadcrumbs?

Streeflo: You seem very bandwagony. As soon as someone is seen to be suspicious, you jump on them. Right after MeMe voted for Guardian and explained why, you immediately put a FoS on him. After people mention that what I did was suspicious, you put a vote on me. After Nanook was confused about whether the game started in day or night, you voted him. And most of your votes have been followed with quick unvotes, like you don't want to seem as the reason someone got lynched. After you said that that you believe Adel is vig, you posted this:
Streeflo wrote:I'm pretty sure Adel is the one who killed BM, regardless scum or vig.
I don't like that litle thing tagged on at the end. Are you trying to say you still think Adel could be scum? It was said casually, like you were just trying to plant a seed of doubt.

Jalyn: I don't have much of a case on you. While DogMom was playing, I was a little suspicious of her, but her posts had good content. When you replaced for her, though, the good content stopped coming. Maybe you replaced, saw you were scum, and decided to lay low. I know, it's a guess, but I think YagamiLight and Nanook are more innocent than you, and if Guardian's scum, that means YogurtBandit is a sane cop and MeMe is most likely town.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Adel »

:goodposting:

CO: why do you think that Nanook is innocent?

unvote
for fear of an early hammer before deadline. CO is still my fist choice, but if he keeps posts like his last coming that could easily change.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Guardian »

ChaosOmega wrote:The 3 people I am most suspicious of are Guardian, Streeflo, and Jalyn.
I understand the last two, but like I said I think you are hoping to get a cop lynched today.
ChaosOmega wrote:Guardian: Breadcrumbing early is fine, but you did it multiple times in the first couple of pages. With that many, they were bound to be found sooner rather than later.
I was gonna breadcrumb a few times and then stop, so it wouldn't look like three words randomly had c - o - p beginnings. If I did it too much, my bad.
ChaosOmega wrote:Also, doing it that much that soon could be seen as you wanting someone to find it early, so you could claim cop and not have much suspicion on you in the beginning.
I don't see how anyone would want their breadcrumbs to be seen that early - they are there to give credence later in the game. Like, it
could
be seen that way, but that was not what was going on.
ChaosOmega wrote:Reading over the second day again, I think you knew Adel was vig before I posted anything about it.
I thought there was a possibility of it, yes, but I didn't think as vig she would make it so obvious with the "who do I vig?" plan after YB
and
I got outed. Also, with her saying that she was not the vig in between when you posted and when I posted, I assumed that she was, ya know,
not
the vig.
ChaosOmega wrote:When I posted it, both you and Adel played it off. It was understandable for her to do so; she wanted to cover up the fact she was vig. You, on the other hand, just wanted it to be swept under the rug so Adel could still be lynched.
Like I said, I didn't think she would show vig that obviously, and start doing so
after
YB and I were outed. Obviously, I was wrong...
ChaosOmega wrote:You said that you noticed it as well, but figured she wouldn't do that after your breadcrumbing. Also, having you later suggest that no one counter claim her has already been shown to be a bad move. As soon as that was pointed out, all you did was go "MeMe is smart, listen to her, I don't know what I'm doing".
I still felt that she was very scummy, and I didn't want to out the real vig, whoever they were. However, after MeMe posted, I realized that if no one countered, Adel would be confirmed, and that would help us out a lot. That combined with the (in my eyes slight) possibility that she was indeed being
that
obvious about being vig, made me realize that it was a good idea.
ChaosOmega wrote:And you saying this:
Guardian wrote:me as scum breadcruming alone is silly
is pretty ridiculous. Why can't scum breadcrumb? And if that's the case, why wasn't all your doubt of Adel absolved after you noticed her breadcrumbs?
Scum can breadcrumb. But just... I wouldn't. I personally know this, I guess it is not reasonable for me to expect you to know this, but this is the first game I've ever breadcrumbed, and I am a cop.

Adel's 'breadcrumbing' was entirely different, and much more "obvious". If anyone was going to bring it up, I wanted her to. I thought she was really scummy and that it could have been just one more of her "game theories" to try and make her look pro-town.
ChaosOmega wrote:Streeflo: You seem very bandwagony. As soon as someone is seen to be suspicious, you jump on them. Right after MeMe voted for Guardian and explained why, you immediately put a FoS on him. After people mention that what I did was suspicious, you put a vote on me. After Nanook was confused about whether the game started in day or night, you voted him. And most of your votes have been followed with quick unvotes, like you don't want to seem as the reason someone got lynched.
I agree with this, though I suspect bussing.
ChaosOmega wrote:After you said that that you believe Adel is vig, you posted this:
Streeflo wrote:I'm pretty sure Adel is the one who killed BM, regardless scum or vig.
I don't like that litle thing tagged on at the end. Are you trying to say you still think Adel could be scum? It was said casually, like you were just trying to plant a seed of doubt.
I'd like to see Streeflo respond to this indeed.
ChaosOmega wrote:Jalyn: I don't have much of a case on you. While DogMom was playing, I was a little suspicious of her, but her posts had good content. When you replaced for her, though, the good content stopped coming. Maybe you replaced, saw you were scum, and decided to lay low.
I can see this as a possiblity, too.
ChaosOmega wrote:I know, it's a guess, but I think YagamiLight and Nanook are more innocent than you, and if Guardian's scum, that means YogurtBandit is a sane cop and MeMe is most likely town.
This is true, I am a cop though...

Three things - I just
knew
ChaosOmega was going to try and make a case on me after I built one on him. Read his posts, yesterday I was practically confirmed in his eyes. Now, that YB is surely a cop, he finds me suspicious.

I think probably one or maybe even both of Streeflo and Jalyn is scum with him and he is bussing in case he gets lynched, but his ideal play is going to be me.

Also, why do you think Nanook is town?

Lastly, and this has a lot to do with why I think he is scummy: This post, quite possibly his most content full of the game, came only when he was at lynch -1! I think that speaks volumes. He has been trying to lie low, and only now that he is about to be lynched does he come out of the shadows.

At this point, I would like CO to defend himself from my case if he disagrees with it, and to explain why he hasn't been making posts like the above one all game. I think his play this game illustrates
why
lurking is scummy.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Adel »

NanoS lurked as well.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Guardian »

NanoS was not capable of more. Even when he was heavily under attack, and about to be lynched, all he could muster was that he did not understand why his post was scummy.
Do not lynch me.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

I"m with guardiab on this one, CO seems to be using it as a tactic, where as Nanook, thats just how he is.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Hey, just got back from Warp Tour @ Pomona, and I'm tired as hell.

One thing caught my eye though, and that was the quip about Adel.

Look at it this way. If Adel was really the vig, she wouldn't lie about her target.
If she was lying scum, then the counterclaim vig would know for sure she was lying if they targeted BM and she didn't.

I think Adel is a vig. I think Adel is the vig that killed BM last night. Would that be clear?
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Streeflo wrote:Hey, just got back from Warp Tour @ Pomona, and I'm tired as hell.

One thing caught my eye though, and that was the quip about Adel.

Look at it this way. If Adel was really the vig, she wouldn't lie about her target.
If she was lying scum, then the counterclaim vig would know for sure she was lying if they targeted BM and she didn't.

I think Adel is a vig. I think Adel is the vig that killed BM last night. Would that be clear?
I assume, I also think CO is scum that should be lynched.(and if he is town, Vig doesnt shoot)
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:57 am

Post by MeMe »

YagamiLight wrote:I"m with guardiab on this one, CO seems to be using it as a tactic, where as Nanook, thats just how he is.
Guardian (and Adel) were talking about Nanosauramo, not Nanook.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Indeed, MeMe. YL's post seemed really rushed, but I'd like to hear more from YL about this...

Taking a page out of Adel's book:

fwr. orgNmrglNn bSge ghNofgrkyboiegf Ntaf geNNgtnNk
Do not lynch me.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:33 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Well, CO tried to out Adel, and used one of his most analytical posts to do so. Later he says he knows it was scummy. He posted less frequently then Nanos, and has three posts of content prior to trying to out Adel, his posts were 9, 10, and 11. He didn't post for 5 days between his Adel post and Adel's claim. He stops lurking when people begun to focus on him, and begins to post more on who he thinks is suspicious.
Nanos (Who I meant) on the other hand posted consistently the same through out, just doing a few lines per post and not to often. A little interesting fact, Nanos died D1, but has posted more than CO who's still alive.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Guardian »

I can accept that it was a rushed typo, and I agree with you.

One thing I didn't emphasize, but that I do find scummy, is how CO unvoted Adel to cause separation and to ensure the lynch, but didn't vote NanoS - he wanted someone (NanoS) to be lynched, but didn't want to be responsible for the lynch.
Do not lynch me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:One thing I didn't emphasize, but that I do find scummy, is how CO unvoted Adel to cause separation and to ensure the lynch, but didn't vote NanoS - he wanted someone (NanoS) to be lynched, but didn't want to be responsible for the lynch.
Or a no-lynch. Your description of how risk adverse his behavior was convinced me.
vote: ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:06 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Right, I didn't want to be responsible for a no-lynch. That's why I unvoted. Because I didn't want one. As to why I didn't vote for NanoSauromo, it was because I found Adel scummier. If an Adel lynch would have garnered support near the end, I would have put my vote back on her. As it stood, NanoSauromo was going to be lynched, there wasn't a need to put a vote on him. If it was going to tie, I would have voted.

Adel, I know you're pretty much confirmed at all, but I'll be damned if you're not seeming like one of the most scummiest people in this game. A light breeze could sway your vote one way or the other. Streeflo posts something about me, and you go "uh-huh" and vote me. I defend myself, and you go "uh-huh" and unvote. Guardian provides more evidence against me, and you go "uh-huh" and put your vote back on me.

I don't post a lot because I'm new at this. I only have one completed game under my belt, and I'm still getting used to things. It doesn't help that I've been busy lately and this game goes pretty fast.

As to why I posted the Adel vig thing, it's like in poker, where you get nothing but shit hands all game, and then you finally get a good hand, and overplay it and lose everything. I saw something interesting, got excited, and went "oohhh, let's post that". Obviously, it wasn't a good idea. But it was my train of thought at the time.

I have to leave, I'll be back later tonight to post about Nanook.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Guardian »

I am posting the following in V/LA and in my sig and in all my games: Hey guys, I will be at the beach with
LA: July 1 - July 8
, I may post some more tonight or tomorrow morning, but after that for a week I will have limited access or no access. There may be places to access the internet at the beach, and I will try to get on once or twice, especially in the games with strict deadlines, but the main purpose of vacation is to recreate and be more detached etc., so if I don't get a chance to post that is why. I ask that I please not be replaced anywhere, I will be super active again when I get back, I will just be gone for this time period. Any games with night/pm-choices, I have pre-sent them in where applicable. See you in a week!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Guardian »

Don't lynch: me, YB, Adel, MeMe, YL.

Lynch: CO.
Good alternatives: Streeflo, Nanook, Jalyn.

I don't have much more to say at the moment - if I finish packing early (doubtful) I could make the case on Nanook and Streeflo too, but I think I'll just save it for tomorrow. I pre-sent in my investigation target to Theo, like I said in my V/LA message.

Anyone thinking about lynching me: Don't, if for no other reason than that I am a cop and not lynching me will give us even more information to go on tomorrow. If you don't lynch me we'll have at least one more investigation result.
Do not lynch me.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount -

ChaosOmega 4 - Guardian, Adel, YogurtBandit, Streeflo
Guardian 2 - MeMe, Jalyn

Not Voting - NanooktheWolf, ChaosOmega, YagamiLight

5 to hang someone - deadline is 42 hours away.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Sorry for not being on today. I probably can't be on tomorrow either because of some volunteer stuff at the beach.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:43 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Adel, If we lynch town, do NOT use your Vig. It will end the game if you hit town, and lylo if you hit scum.

Any other talking needed before we lynch CO?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”