PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:06 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

nope its ok...
Women Respect a man who can wash himself.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:57 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

There are some people who say that life is an illusion, and that reality is simply a figment of our imaginations! If this is so, then Brad would be quite safe. However, by the sudden decision of rash behavior from this crowd, "We need a lynch! Someone must die!" "Where's that mikehart been? I don't know, let's lynch him!" And so they zapped him dead, for something seemed a little too human about him... he was Brad.

Brad, member of the of the Transylvanian mafia has been lynched.

Night two is on, hopefully only Until Monday(just incase people need a day after the weekend) I'll be trying to get the replacement problem resolved for now, will give further notice if needed. But still, try to get choices in as soon as possible.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:24 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

wow! Talk about luck! I thought he was innosent...
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:29 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

"Emotion". Mental agitation - an excited state of. It is also an irrational and powerful master. It is obvious as this night is past, it had gained control over some souls.

Day two starts, no one has died.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Hey guys, I'm here...Not exactly who I am replacing, maybe orbiting, but just letting you know that I am here. I've got to read up a bit, and I'll get back to you when there is more discussion.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:10 pm

Post by nonny »

OK welcome to the game Nanook.

Um you might want to change the title of the thread(?), medicated lain.

Well good job on lynching mafia yesterday, hope we can do the same to day ;) and That is really all I have to say right now.
*insert bad joke here*
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:10 pm

Post by FrogGurl »

Okay, that's certainly an interesting daybreak message. And no one's dead? That probably doesn't happen too much, does it. Either the mafia chickened out, or they got blocked, or targets got protected. Hmm, interesting.

Anyway, just thought I'd say good morning to everyone. :) And on with day 2 we go.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Narninian »

I think we can safely say that their is probably only one mafia group now - that or we have a team of insanely good docs/roleblockers.
The extra in is for /in
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:14 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Still catching up some...I find Willows posts to be pretty helpful. I didn't expect to play with someone that really knew that much information about characters and stuff. Frogurl seems to know her stuff as well. Don't mind me really I've yet to see this movie so I may need some time to decipher things out... :roll:
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:12 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Woohoo! Site works again!
Medicated Lain wrote:"Emotion". Mental agitation - an excited state of. It is also an irrational and powerful master. It is obvious as this night is past, it had gained control over some souls.
Anyone else thinks this might mean something? Especially considering the lack of deaths, we might have some sort of recruitment going on.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:19 pm

Post by nonny »

I don't know maybe Fishbulb, it might be a hint having to do with the time with in the movie it takes place. I believe that would be the bedroom scenes(correct me I'm wrong) but i think he says it right before the frank n furter sleeping with brad and then janet.

Hey, I know my stuff too, Nanook, I love RHPS.
*insert bad joke here*
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:17 pm

Post by Narninian »

well I have 2 people that I strongly think are innocent - but I don't have any suspicions of guilt.
The extra in is for /in
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Hey I got to see part of the movie tonight...it wasn't too bad, somewhat confusing. Sorry nonny or anyone else at that matter about knowledge of the movie...I didn't mean to offend anyone. Anyways, umm I can't seem to really pick up any scummy vibes yet in the game, but I'm sure that some will arise.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:44 pm

Post by nonny »

No worries Nanook, I was semi-jokeing even though I do know a lot.

I'm bringing this up late but I would have never guessed the in the game brad would be a mafia type figure.
*insert bad joke here*
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:09 pm

Post by Carmine »

Wow, I didn't realise we'd started again. Bit of a stroke of luck with mikehart yesterday - time to go back and read who was doing what. I'd've never guessed Brad to be mafia, though.

That message looks like some sort of recruiting cult thing to me, FishBulb. Reminds me of a mini Wacky ran a while back.
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:39 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm I remember that part of MLs post where the narrator goes to the dictionary.
I think its when Janet is about to get all "toucha toucha touch me"

Hm, I don't know about this...I would possibly figure firstly that magenta and riff raf were the evil with like other stuff to balance perhaps. But brad...
Mabe there isn't anything to base this on...like so far trans. folk have been town and earthling have been mafia.

What about that last scene... with brad and janet and the doctor outside of the house?
Perhaps its those people?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:40 am

Post by nonny »

You are probally right WW about those three. And yeah I watched it again last night you are right about where he says it. So that right there probally implies some sort of cult, because Frank got her,Janet, into the whole random sex thing.
*insert bad joke here*
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:11 am

Post by Tam »

First off, lemme say that I will be away all weekend camping, so won't have any access at all.

Well, at first glimpse, I really only thought that was flavor for the mod to use from the movie. But combined with the fact that Brad was mafia...leads me to wonder if they don't recruit. Maybe he was a recruit (from Night 1, I guess). Especially the fact that it says he is in the Transylvanian Mafia. That just reeks of recruitment to me, as in the movie he isn't in any way on their side. They wholly creep him out actually(except Franky, who beds him, I guess). I dunno. Just a thought.

Also, I want to point out that the fact that the mod did say he was specifically Transylvanian mafia--makes me think of two more things.

1- this isn't right.
willows_weep wrote:Mabe there isn't anything to base this on...like so far trans. folk have been town and earthling have been mafia.
though on the surface it appears that way, and I definitely would have thought that
except
for the mod pointing it out like that.

Which also brings up,
willows_weep wrote:What about that last scene... with brad and janet and the doctor outside of the house?
Perhaps its those people?
But then why would the group be called the Transylvanian Mafia? None of them are Trans. :)

2- I wonder if there aren't two mafia groups. Otherwise, why would the mod point it out specifically in the first place? :)

Any thoughts? My first one is that having two mafia groups
AND
recruiting in a mini game is all a bit much, probably. :?
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:36 am

Post by willows_weep »

I know thats what I worried aboutwhen I said its a twelve player game.
Because 2 groups and recruiting and balancing abilities could be overwhelming if it was used right and probably just overwhelming without

I dont think it was a random sex thing Nonny...I see it more as frank was the character that allowed Janet to explore life outside of her rigid binary lines of right and wrong etc.

Ah tam I didnt see that the mod/ml pointed it out like that. Sorry.

Hm...what are my thoughts on that...ah ok
Thoughts:
Exact saying "transylvanian" mafia suggests that there are differences. And differences suggest that there would be more than one which allows the comparison.
Ok then.

Hm. 2 mafia groups.
We've only had 1 night kill.
Someone had said maybe they chickened out right?
Perhaps not. There is also strategy to consider, and if there are two groups perhaps they have rules for their roles.
Perhaps they didnt get their choice in.

Wait..if there are two mafias and recruiting..and if brad was recruited what would that make the basis of the mafia?
Thats what I am meaning by the part you're saying is wrong Tam.

What I mean by that sentence was (without thinking of recruitment) ...o

ohohohohh
Wait...Your sentence after the last thing you quoted from me Tam...
But then why would the group be called the Transylvanian Mafia? None of them are Trans.
Exactly!!! Transexual transylvania right?
Trans is like changing....You are at one point this one thing, and then you are another thing as well.
hm let me make another post
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:38 am

Post by willows_weep »

Transgender: The word transgender is an umbrella term used to refer to people who transcend the traditional concept of gender. Many feel as though they are neither a man nor a woman specifically, and many feel as though their biological sex (male, female, etc.) and their socialized gender (man, woman, etc.) don’t match up. Some opt to change/reassign their sex through hormones and/or surgery and some change their outward appearance, or gender expression, though clothing, hairstyles, mannerisms, etc. Many people who identify as transgender feel as though they are confined in a binary system (male-female, man-woman) that does not match who they feel themselves to be. If we look at gender as a continuum and not an “either/or” concept, we have a better idea of understanding this issue. (The International Foundation for Gender Education has more information at http://www.ifge.org/).

Transvestite: The term transvestite most often refers to males who dress in the clothing of women. The term drag usually refers to dressing in the clothing and styles of another gender for entertainment purposes.

Transsexual: Transsexual is often used to describe those individuals who use hormone therapy and/or surgery to alter their sex.

So thats about moving in and out of the binary system.
So then it would also make sense to be an earthling as a transylvanian!
But also allow for our recruiting ideas and or very interesting abilities and rules

no?

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:26 am

Post by nonny »

I'm thinking that if the mafia say don't get to lynch because they dont get it in wouldn't there have been a night deadline or would that be priviate, and maybe the poeple that are inactive might be mafia.

I don't know I'll post later I got to run.
*insert bad joke here*
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:51 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

Ok sorry I haven't posted lately, about brad being mafia I got some information with my role that said

"...You've come to this party, and at first you're pretty scared, but now that you've stayed a while, you realize it's not so bad, and don't really mind sticking around. Although, you haven't seen Brad lately, wonder what's happened to him?..."

I didn't want to give my role away but I might have in that quote, oh well I don't mind...
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by Tam »

OK, I am sorry, ww, but I have to admit. I really don't understand your reasoning.

I said that none of those 3 people were Trans., meaning Transylvanian...not transexual.
willows_weep wrote:So then it would also make sense to be an earthling as a transylvanian!
But also allow for our recruiting ideas and or very interesting abilities and rules
Transylvania was the planet they came from, right? To be Transylvanian, you'd have to be born there, and therefore cannot be a human from Earth.
willows_weep wrote:Wait..if there are two mafias and recruiting..and if brad was recruited what would that make the basis of the mafia?
Thats what I am meaning by the part you're saying is wrong Tam.

What I mean by that sentence was (without thinking of recruitment) ...o

ohohohohh
Wait...Your sentence after the last thing you quoted from me Tam...

Quote:
Tam wrote:But then why would the group be called the Transylvanian Mafia? None of them are Trans.

Exactly!!! Transexual transylvania right?
Trans is like changing....You are at one point this one thing, and then you are another thing as well.
hm let me make another post
:shock:
Um...huh? I'm sorry, I honestly don't follow any of this. I'm afraid that the two of us, with our awesome communication skillz! are not getting our points across again. :oops:

If anything, like you said, we have two mafia groups and 1 kill. It should make *more* sense if we think about recruiting. I have been in games before where there were two mafia groups, but they could only kill/recruit on alternate nights.

I've also been in a lovely vampire game (courtesy of Gin) where the mafia tried to recruit every night, and had like a 50% chance of failing. They either recruited them, or killed them.
Tam
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:55 pm

Post by Tam »

PopsicleStix wrote: "...You've come to this party, and at first you're pretty scared, but now that you've stayed a while, you realize it's not so bad, and don't really mind sticking around. Although, you haven't seen Brad lately, wonder what's happened to him?..."

I didn't want to give my role away but I might have in that quote, oh well I don't mind...
It's okay, Janet. I don't see much harm in knowing your role name.

Oh, and I take this to mean that they didn't recruit him. You did say this was with your
role
info, right? So it sounds more like he was taken by them and recruited, but before the game started, so there's not actually any game mechanic in play. Nice twist. :)
Tam
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:21 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Oh I was just thinking of the possibilities presented by the word Trans in general
blah heh I suppose it doesnt really matter.
Its just thinking about possibilities based on word def. and such.

I think I will be quiet for a while and just...I dont know...I dont like being confusing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”