PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:19 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

:sigh: yes, I am Janet... I haven't seen Rocky Horor Picture Show so I really don't know what she does or anything...

all I know is that I am pro-town...
Women Respect a man who can wash himself.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by Narninian »

"DAMN IT! JANET ----- I looooove you... "

Sorry - had to do that - whebever anybody says damn it! that pops into my head..
The extra in is for /in
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:31 pm

Post by nonny »

Um Pops did you quote that directly? Because that is against the rules isn't it?
*insert bad joke here*
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:44 pm

Post by FrogGurl »

Okay...going into the movie, Brad and Janet are boyfriend/girlfriend, if I remember correctly. So....If one is mafia (brad) then why wouldn't the other. *wonders if it's the "normal" people against the "sexedup/transylfanians". I.e. normal = scum, trans = townie. Just trying to think of how the dynamics of this would work. Since what we know for sure via kill/death info, that would fit so far. My role being what it is would tend to support this theory.

Just a theory. Thoughts?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:29 pm

Post by nonny »

They were engaged yes, which means either pops is lieing or it is a cult recruiting type thing.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:40 am

Post by nonny »

I will be gone all week do to moveing, I will have some acess from school but that is only like twice a day, I will get on as often as possible. Get to let you know.
*insert bad joke here*
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:27 am

Post by Tam »

willows_weep wrote:Oh I was just thinking of the possibilities presented by the word Trans in general
blah heh I suppose it doesnt really matter.
Its just thinking about possibilities based on word def. and such.

I think I will be quiet for a while and just...I dont know...I dont like being confusing.
Oops, no. Really, I didn't mean that. I am so sorry you took it like that. That wasn't my intention. :( It was very interesting stuff, I just couldn't see why at the end of it all you said that was what proved me wrong. I still don't see the connection.

I didn't mean so much that you are confusing, more that I am confused. :?
nonny wrote:They were engaged yes, which means either pops is lieing or it is a cult recruiting type thing.
No, actually, pops says that was in his role info, which means no recruiting. So
IF
he is lying, it's a recruiting thing. If he's truthful, it's just the mod's sneaky way to get characters we wouldn't suspect into the mafia. I'd imagine that it means we can't really trust that any role will be good or bad, which in my opinion makes for a more interesting game. :)

Anyhow, this is my last post! Have a great weekend all!
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:14 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

nonny wrote:Um Pops did you quote that directly? Because that is against the rules isn't it?
I didn't quote it directly...
ToadGurl wrote:Okay...going into the movie, Brad and Janet are boyfriend/girlfriend, if I remember correctly. So....If one is mafia (brad) then why wouldn't the other...
Nope I'm pro-town, and I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how it turns out...
narnindianlandinedish wrote:"DAMN IT! JANET --...
Isn't that a family guy episode?...
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't think that Pops would claim to be Janet unless he actually were some sort of pro town, because it would be pretty retarded if he did seeing how this brad person was engaged to her...Brad was the one running around in the lime green underwear for most of the movie right? I didn't see the whole thing so I just want to make sure. If that indeed is the person that I'm thinking of, I too am clueless as to why he was mafia. He seemed pretty decent if you ask me. If anything I would think that that Frank would be, just because he striked me as that..I don't know.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:11 pm

Post by willows_weep »

The only way I would figure Popsiclestix would not be telling the truth is if he had information that Janet was not in the game, or that Janet would not speak up due to recruitment and changing of roles.
Sounds far fetched right? Yea but I think like that.

But other than that no I see no reason to lie.
Unless Popsiclestix is giving that information to plant the seed of townness.

Anyway when did you get that pm?
You said it was with your role? Is that meaning the role pm from the beginning of the game?

Oh well, it does suggest recruitment the :happened: part. Perhaps Janet :found: brad, or what about anyone else who found brad or came across a role able to recruit?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:41 pm

Post by nonny »

Um nanook they were whitey tighty undies.

Um no it is a song in the movie,pops, believe it or not. Not everything comes from family guy.
*insert bad joke here*
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:42 pm

Post by Narninian »

Sorry for the Off Topic post - Yes its a song from the movie (first song I believe)

BTW - Family Guy is the Beest.. SHooow.. EVER!
The extra in is for /in
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:29 am

Post by Fishbulb »

willows_weep wrote:Oh well, it does suggest recruitment the :happened: part. Perhaps Janet :found: brad, or what about anyone else who found brad or came across a role able to recruit?
Yeah, I kinda get that feeling, too. It seems odd to have Brad as mafia. However, I can't figure out how that would work. If that was his opening PM, then he couldn't have been recruited beforehand... unless what we're seeing is a clue that the mafia does have the ability to recruit. If that is the case, I'm sure it would be a limited recruit ability, not just
anyone
. But seeing as Brad went for it, I would say that it would be hard to mark Janet off our list.

Characters that I think would be good and unable to be swayed would be: Eddie, Frank, Dr. Scott, Columbia, and the Criminologist. Characters easily swayed: Janet, Rocky, Magenta, Riff Raff, and possibly the party goers. Obviously, this is certainly not a definitive list of good and bad, but it's what I'd guess at concerning the movie and what we know --
if
recruitment is involved.

If there is no recruitment, then it would seem that it might be difficult to guess who could be scum without using more PMs like PopsicleStix's. When someone claims a role, I'd suggest everyone look at their PMs to see if you have anything like Janet's that could point to an unlikely alignment. At this point, I'm not sure any characters are guaranteed pro-town, recruitment or not. Yeah, this might be set in Rocky Horror Picture Show, but we might have to hunt scum without using any assumptions we've created from the movie.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:42 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

Yes that was the PM I got at the begining of the game, I haven't seen the movie so I'm pretty much clueless in this conversation...

And yeah it is a Family Guy episode... I have it on DVD it is called "Damnit! Jannet!", it's the one where Stewie goes to a day care center and falls in love with a 1 year old named Jannet, toward the end he realizes she only liked him for his cookies...

I think that it is making fun of the Rocky Horor Films...

Yes, I'm a major Family Guy fan...
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:11 am

Post by Fishbulb »

PopsicleStix wrote:I think that it is making fun of the Rocky Horor Films...
Fiml
s
? I don't think you can call them films. There is really only one that should ever be discussed...
(What was O'Brien thinking???)
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:03 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm you got that in the beginning of the game...
Wondering what happened t o brad..
hm yea that could hint to your character that recruiting is involved...
But does anyone remember Eddie?
Didnt they wonder what happened to him? Like his parents when he was off rocking and rolling and what not.

Hm why do you think columbia wouldnt be able to be persuaded fishbulb?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:03 am

Post by nonny »

FishBulb why wouldn't megenta be persuaded but riff raff can? THey are "partners" as in brother and sister.

Eddie's mother was died, when he started hanging out with "mysterious" poeple.

From what you described Pops, that was nothing to do with Rocky Horror, the "Dammit Janet" song is the first one and it is where brad proposes to janet(and frank, riff raff, and megenta are in the background)

Like I said before I will have limited acess all this week so I'll try to get on as often as possible.
*insert bad joke here*
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:19 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

You know nonny, everytime that you that you say you're going to be less active you actually turn out to be just as active if not more so then others...:lol:
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by nonny »

I said this *week* it is still the weekend. I will seriously be off this week, except for once in the morning at school.
*insert bad joke here*
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Back. Need to read the thread though. Later.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Fishbulb »

willows_weep wrote:Hm why do you think columbia wouldnt be able to be persuaded fishbulb?
Well, from what I gathered from the movie, she is more dedicated to Frank than anyone else. She prefers Frank's vision, and would die for him.
nonny wrote:FishBulb why wouldn't megenta be persuaded but riff raff can? THey are "partners" as in brother and sister.
Uhh... I did have Magenta in the same boat as Riff Raff...

Actually, what I would bet here is that Riff Raff and Magenta were the original mafia,
if
there is recruiting. If that is not the case, I would still likely guess that those two were in the scum crew, but I would not put any money on it.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:58 am

Post by willows_weep »

If that was his opening PM, then he couldn't have been recruited beforehand
Exactly my point when I asked Popsiclestix about when he recieved that part.

So with that point it is suggested that Brad and Janet were apart from the beginning. And by default not be suggesting that Brad was recruited, but Mafia since birth no?

There could still be recruiting possible but I don't know what kind would be possible in a game this small.
12 player game.
Usual mafia groups are 3.
Other numbers are 2, 2 and 2, 4, etc. But with everything over/under the 3 there are different ways to balance it out so neither side gets a huge advantage right?
I know recruiting variants can be like...everynight, every other night, perhaps only a set number of times, only certain roles, etc.
So recruiting in this game would need to have strict rules set for mafia.

Fishbulb:
Why not Eddie, Dr. Scott ?
The criminoligist is like the narrarator right? If so I thought ML is that role...hm.

Interesting...why Magenta and Riff Raff easily swayed? And the party goers? I would figure these people not swayed at all.
Well I suppose it depends on who you believe/think is doing the swaying and why. And actually ...swaying suggests option...though yea ML makes that so by default you still have no choice.

Narninian: Yup it is in the first song. When Brad is all blah'd about his friends getting married. He sings along with Janet and Magenta and Riff raff off their love and such and he proposes.
(Oh lol I just look back to see if there was anything else I needed to comment on and it seems nonny commented the same way/almost as I did just now! But of course I will leave this)

Nanook: Yeah, they were white. Er...you saw green the whole movie???

Thanks Tam!

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:16 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know, maybe the lighting struck me wrong for some reason with that movie...They looked green to me, not that it really matters or anything.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:37 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I have been re reading this thread and checking different things out.The more I think about the unlikelihood of there being recruitment makes me feel suspicious of
this:
Anyone else thinks this might mean something? Especially considering the lack of deaths, we might have some sort of recruitment going on.

(Fishbulb said that, post 159 after mod put up an update) I understand that players must think of all the possibilities for a game, and of course bring it to discussion but this is what Mod wrote:
"Emotion". Mental agitation - an excited state of. It is also an irrational and powerful master. It is obvious as this night is past, it had gained control over some souls.
I have been sitting here really looking into and at this. And remembering the scene. And I come to the conclusion that its probably being used to explain that mafia didnt kill. Because mod uses the word
some
it would be truly wicked if a whole lot of players were taken up. Perhaps the mafia themselves have weaknesses. As in they were overtaken by emotion and could not perform.

Oh and Columbia was also into Eddie. She actually spoke out/up to Frank when Frank was annoyed at Eddies resurgence.

Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

willows_weep wrote: Fishbulb:
Why not Eddie, Dr. Scott ?
The criminoligist is like the narrarator right? If so I thought ML is that role...hm.
Well, I said it was by no means the definitive list. In fact, I was hoping for some of the rests input. I see Eddie and Dr. Scott as being men on a mission for themselves. I could not see either of them succumbing to any temptation brought forth by the evil players. As for the Criminologist, yes, I am talking about the narrator. And, I would assume you are correct that our mod would be playing that role. For some reason, I hadn't thought of it that way.
willows_weep wrote: Interesting...why Magenta and Riff Raff easily swayed? And the party goers? I would figure these people not swayed at all.
Well I suppose it depends on who you believe/think is doing the swaying and why. And actually ...swaying suggests option...though yea ML makes that so by default you still have no choice.
I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence, but certainly agree with the it really matters who is doing it and why. With Magenta and Riff Raff, like I said before, I would put them as the main culprits behind recruiting players to get the castle off the Earth because they did just that in the movie.

However, this is all assuming several things: there
is
recruiting, not all players can be recruited, and I remember the movie well enough (been a few years now). Now, I do appreciate the discussion on one of my ideas, but I don't think we should focus too much on my wild speculations until we have more clues. That was just a quick thought kinda thing, and I'm starting to lean more towards no recruiting.
willows_weep wrote: Oh and Columbia was also into Eddie. She actually spoke out/up to Frank when Frank was annoyed at Eddies resurgence.
Good point. Not sure what that would mean for the Transylvanian Mafia, unless it turns out Frank is in the mafia... highly unlikely if we are following the plot from the movie. But we need to remember that we might be killing ourselves trying to follow anything from the movie. It is certainly something to discuss, but I think we need to pay more attention to players' posts, and then possibly the detailed PMs like Janet's if the need arises. Just look at the only player we know that was in the mafia...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”