Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:36 am

Post by ThaiBoxerShorts »

vote: soupfly
because there was a fly in my soup last night, and I'm still pissed about it.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 pm

soupfly wrote:if i'm reaching it because i'm town and since we lost our cop we need to think harder and smarter.
I don't like this sentence. If you're trying to "play smart," shouldn't you
avoid
reaching?

I wasn't particularly suspicious of the vote itself, but soupfly's response to pressure seems a bit shady.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:06 am

unvote: soupfly
for now. I'm downgrading it to an
fos
. I still find soupfly's defensiveness mildly scummy, but my initial vote was essentially random, and the bandwagon is moving a little too fast for comfort.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:55 pm

I don't know if that's enough to get me to vote for Langley (I'd like to actually
see
him post before casting a vote), but can we get a prod on him and Zakk?

An early-game -2 situation has come and gone, and we have two players who haven't even posted yet. There's something not quite right about that.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:28 am

At this point, I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet that either Gatorguy or Soupfly are scum. Soupfly still seems overly defensive (something about playing the Newbie Card just kind of rubs me the wrong way, though I suspect it's not a reliable scumtell), but then again, he's at -2. He probably
should
be playing defense at this point, regardless of factional affiliation.

Gatorguy, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have much of a defense at all. His vote for soupfly comes across as a pretty standard OMGUS.

I'm leaning a bit more towards Gator as scum at the moment, but I'm not casting any votes until the mod and both MIA players check in.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:02 am

Maz, your vote count is incorrect. I
unvoted
in post 41 and currently do not have a vote out.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:48 pm

vote: Langley
for failing to address concerns about his absense in this thread despite a presence in others, contributing
absolutely nothing
of substance upon arrival, and making what appears to be a more-or-less random vote when the game has progressed beyond that stage.

That's about the scummiest thing I've seen in this game so far. He's got some 'splaining to do.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:28 pm

I really don't like Langley and Zakk's long absences followed by short, substance-lacking posts and (at least as far as I can tell) random votes.

My current vote stays on Langley, because he has the extra strike of being active in other threads while neglecting this one. A bit metagamey, perhaps, but it's suspicious.

And in the meantime,
IGMEOY Zakk
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:56 am

Oman wrote:
Gatorguy Metagaming
I question the usefulness of metagaming Gatorguy to this extent. He's a relatively new player, so his play style is
almost certain
to change and evolve very quickly as he learns the game. There's really just not enough material there to metagame.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:33 pm

Erotomachia wrote:Hmm, I think the group has basically split in two, with some attacking soupfly and others attacking Gatorguy

Gatorguy: Soupfly, Jenter
Soupfly: Gatorguy, erg0, Niv, Streeflo, ThaiBoxer
I'd like to point out that I'm also not really in the anti-Soupfly camp. My initial vote for him was random, and has since been changed. I do strongly suspect that either Soup or Gator are scum, but I'm actually leaning more towards Gator at this point.

So if I'm in either camp, it's the anti-Gator camp, but even that's a stretch. I'm more interested in putting pressure on the lurkers.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I remain suspicious of Langley and Zakk, not because of their inactivity, but because of what little they have posted. Substanceless posts and apparently-random votes with no explanation and no follow up. Seems pretty scummy.

Soupfly seemed a bit scummy at first due to his evasiveness and defensiveness, but he seems more and more pro-town as the game progresses. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for Jenter, well... I dunno. The anti-Jenter arguments kind of hold water. Criticizing lack of substance while acknowledging his own lack of substance, the possible "feigning ignorance" thing that Eroto pointed out. But I'm just not getting a scum vibe from Jenter. I can't really give an objective reason why, though I'll go back through his posts and see if I can find something.

I'm still a bit suspicious of Gatorguy. He's played pretty evasively since Page 1. I can't really criticize his current vote, as it's similar to
my
current vote, though I'd feel a little better if he elaborated a bit.

Oman's eagerness to lynch a random lurker is obviously a cause for suspicion, as is his quick reversal when he saw it wasn't going to work. But like Jenter, I'm just not getting a scum vibe. He seems to have the town's best interests at heart. Post 121 struck me as pretty damn pro-town.

If I were to change my vote right now, I think I'd have to go with Gatorguy, but I'm happy keeping it where it is at the moment.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 am

Gatorguy91 wrote: Looking at this it summed up to me possibly as "Jenter's Acting Really scummy but I'm pretty sure he's not scum." I don't understand. It's obvious some vibes have to occur from his scummy behavior.

His bandwagoning has also worried me a bit. He jumped on the soup bandwagon and also got off quickly.

Why He might not be scum: He's been pretty active and has not done anything close to lurking

Anaylasis: I still have an FoS on him.

Questions for Thaiboxershorts:
Why did you unvote soupfly so fast?
As I said in my previous post, I don't have a good, sound pro-Jenter argument. It's a gut feeling. And it could potentially be swayed. None of his suspicious activity is
necessarily
scummy. It could be interpreted either way.

As for soupfly, it's a mischaracterization (and a pretty blatant one at that) to say I "jumped on the soupfly bandwagon." Read Page 1 again. I was the first person to vote for soupfly (so there was no bandwagon to jump on), and it was random. After that, yeah, I expressed suspicion about Soup's behavior, but so did a lot of other people.

As for why I jumped off the bandwagon, soupfly was at -2 on Page 2, and that scared the hell out of me. This is my third game, and
both
of my first two involved very fast Day 1 lynchings of townies, so I'm a bit cautious about that kind of thing. Yes, soup was down to -3 my the time I unvoted, but I didn't catch that. Interpret it as you will, but it was a simple error on my part.

Mostly because of your accusation that I "jumped on the soupfly bandwagon" -- an outright falsehood easily debunked by re-reading Page 1 -- I'm going to go ahead and
unvote, vote gatorguy
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Oman wrote:I think Thai's right that he didn't get overlybandwagony in these first pages. I too thought Thai was just jumping on and off wagons with the majority but this
This is my third game, and both of my first two involved very fast Day 1 lynchings of townies, so I'm a bit cautious about that kind of thing. Yes, soup was down to -3 my the time I unvoted, but I didn't catch that
put me at ease.
Nope, no bandwagoning from me in this entire game, and that can be backed up with cold, hard evidence. I'm actually having trouble seeing how anyone could have gotten that impression.

I have cast only three votes in this game so far:

1: Soupfly in post #14, which was random and cast before the Soupfly bandwagon even existed.

2: Langley in post #85, for reasons I believe I thoroughly and adequately explained. There was only one other vote on Langley at the time. Hardly "bandwagoning."

3: Gatorguy in post #141, for falsely accusing me of bandwagoning when I clearly haven't been. An attack based on a lie. It doesn't get much scummier than that. I doubt I'll be changing that vote, unless Gator posts something
really
good in his defense.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone every
actually claimed
VI before? This could be a Mafia first.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:32 am

Sorry about the deny, folks. I've had a long past couple of days. Looks like nothing of much substance has happened since I've been gone, though.

For the record, I
do
think Gator is scum, so my vote will stay there unless/until somebody acts even scummier. I'm still stuck on the fact that he
lied
in order to cast suspicion on me, and I'm not at all convinced it was a mistake as he claimed. Note:
Gatorguy91 wrote:His bandwagoning has also worried me a bit. He jumped on the soup bandwagon and also got off quickly.
followed, after my response, by:
Gatorguy91 wrote:Sorry Thai, You did not Jump on the bandwagon quickly,
you jumped OFF it quickly.
My Mistake.
It was clearly not a matter of simply typing "on" instead of "off," as he seems to want to brush it off as. He was intentionally mischaracterizing my early vote, and then tried to play it down as a "mistake" when he got caught. Scummy.

I still feel the same way about Jenter. He hasn't done anything inherently scummy, just a few things that can maybe be interpreted as scummy if you stretch. But then, so has everyone who has ever played Mafia. My overall impression of Jenter is still pro-town.

Oman slipped up with his proposed "let's lynch a random lurker" strategy, but other than that he's been about the most shiningly pro-town player in this game.

Streeflo... I dunno. He hasn't really posted enough to give me an impression either way. I'd need to see a pretty strong pro- or anti- Streeflo argument before making a decision there. I don't really see how post 164 is scummy or even suspicious.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:34 am

EBWOP
Ooops... I messed up the quote tags above, but it's still fairly clear who said what. If there's any doubt, just ask and I'll clarify.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Oman wrote:This Niv/Gator thing. I don't think they're scum, they're just too...transparent. That said, as this game goes on, lynching for information could work, and then we have to take a guess on one of them.
That
strikes me as a bit WIFOMy, though not necessarily on
your
part.

Niv hasn't really raised much suspicion in my eyes, though Jenter raises an interesting argument for a Niv/Gator scumpairing. Not quite enough for an FOS on Niv, though. We'll see how this plays out.

I really don't like this "lynching for info" idea, and I'm not too thrilled with Oman's Day 1 vanilla claim (especially considering that Oman was in no immediate danger and no one asked). Overall, Oman seems very pro-town, but I think this behavior warrants a mild
IGMEOY
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:56 pm

Oman wrote:Also, on reread I did miss a word. Should be "I'm
not
neccesarily claiming vanillia".
Ah, alrighty. Nevermind, then.

I'm still uneasy about lynching for info. I'd rather draw out the conversation as long as we have to, and then lynch for scum. We have a little wiggle-room before we're in LYLO, but why waste it?
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:26 am

There have been several strongly-argued pro- and anti-Jenter arguments. I won't bother to rehash them here. My bottom line is that I think Jenter is town because I think Gator is scum, and I don't think they can
both
be scum. At least, they're not both mafia. I guess it's possible that one of them is a serial killer or something.

For the record, I
do not
want Jenter to claim at this point (I don't see how that would be good for town this early in the game), but I also don't want Jenter lynched.

Jenter, do what you have to do to stay alive, but try not to do it quite yet unless you absolutely have to.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:50 pm

I don't like the smell of this -2 roleclaim that no one even asked for. Several questions have been asked of Gatorguy, most of which have been ignored. But unless I missed something,
no one
requested a roleclaim.

Especially considered that Jenter survived being at -1 for several hours without claiming. Gatorguy seriously jumped the gun, and it looks very, very bad. My vote stays right where it is.

Note to mod and others
: Weekends are usually when I'm at my most active, but this my sister is getting married tomorrow, so my activity might be sparse. I may not get on at all. But I will be back.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Oman wrote: Plan B) Lets not do this one yet. But if Gator's mason claims,
then assuming they are really masons and not scum
, we have two confirmed townies and can re-read on that.
I don't see how we could safely make that assumption. All we would know is that we have two linked players, but nothing of their alignment.

Which actually gives me an idea. If Gator's partner claims, we still won't necessarily know their alignment and might go ahead and lynch Gator anyway. But we'll find out Gator's alignment upon his death, and can safely assume that his partner is of the same alignment, so we
will
have a confirmed townie or confirmed scum at the beginning of Round 2. And if they turn out to be masons, the other one will be effectively demoted to vanilla townie, and therefore will not be a likely nightkill target. So no matter what happens, we'll begin Day 2 with some
very
valuable information.

So yes, I think I'd like to hear from Gator's partner.

I've gone over this plan in my head a few times, and I'm pretty sure it's sound. It it's not, please let me know and explain why.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:19 pm

Why? His partner would be a vanilla townie at that point. Hardly a worthwhile nightkill target.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:28 pm

Eh, I don't see it. The scum would be better off firing blindly in hopes of hitting a power role, than wasting a shot on a confirmed vanilla.

Besides, the bottom line for me is that I
still
think Gator and anyone linked to him are scum.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:42 pm

On second thought, I think my last post revealed a fatal flaw in my plan. It would narrow the field in which scum could fire blindly, increasing their odds of actually
hitting
a power role. Bad for town.

My plan sucks. Disregard it and carry on.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:29 pm

I don't have anything to say about my plan that I haven't already said. It seemed like a good idea when I first ran it through my head, so I posted it, and then realized that it was seriously flawed, so I retracted it (note that I was the
first person
to realize that my own plan was a bad one, and said so before anyone else did, even as Oman was apparently starting to like it). Beyond that, there's really nothing more to add.

And as for this:
Oman wrote:Okay, so moving on from my defence. TBS doesn't look good,
he has a done a bit of bandwagon hopping
, but I'm open to his defence about it.
Uh, we've already been over this. I have made only three votes so far in this game, and
none
of them have been bandwagony. The only remotely bandwagony thing I've done is jumping
off
the soupfly wagon, and that was because I incorrectly thought he was at -1 on page 2 when he was really at -2.

If you want to make an argument against me, you'll have to come up with something other than bandwagoning, because I haven't been, and nothing has changed since I proved it in an earlier post.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:14 pm

Honestly -- and I hope this doesn't come off as too OMGUS -- I'm starting to develop a bit of suspicion towards Oman. Note the recent sequence of events:

-- I propose a plan which, in retrospect, I acknowledge was flawed.

-- Oman hesitates at first, but comes around to my side rather quickly.

-- I realize my plan is bad, and retract it despite Oman's positive feedback.

-- Other players recognize my plan is bad, and say so.

-- Oman
defends my plan, despite my earlier retraction of it

-- A few players cast suspicion on me for my (admittedly) bad plan, justifiably so.

-- Oman has a sudden change of heart and says "TBS doesn't look good."

Oman seems to be very easily swayed, even by faulty arguments, and it's beginning to smell faintly of scumminess. It's not quite bandwagon-jumping, but it might be its quieter, subtler cousin.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Oman wrote:I've talked about why I liked your plan earlier, the fact I was working on the idea of a Day-vig not night-vig.
...except that you expressed approval long before Jenter triggered the whole vig discussion by claiming, which makes the above statement highly misleading at best, and an outright falsehood at worst.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:33 am

I'm not ready to cast a vote yet, but in light of recent events, I think I have more reason to suspect Oman than Gatorguy. So for now,

unvote

FoS Oman

...but I'm still not joining the Gatorguy fan club.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:07 pm

Erotomachia wrote: You think he's scum? But in that case you must believe that Jimmy is also scum.
I'm going to refrain from having an opinion on Gator/Jimmy for the time being. Jimmy doesn't strike me as particularly scummy, but I find Gator
so
scummy that it's kind of hard not to be suspicious of anyone he's linked to.

I'm just saying that in light of recent developments, I'm willing to give Gator the benefit of the doubt for now. Lynching him would be a poor tactical choice considering everything that has happened in the last few pages,. But that doesn't mean I'm letting him off the hook. I'll be keeping a close eye on him.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:16 pm

I feel pretty comfortable casting a
vote
for
Oman
at this point. He's dug himself into a hole, and seems either unwilling or unable to climb out of it.

As for the one-shot vig discussion, I was under the impression that standard vigs can NK multiple times. And if Jenter was a non-standard vig, he probably would have said so. Unless Jenter tells us otherwise, I would assume he's not a one-shot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”