An ill-advised text-based adventure:

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Examines self, inventory, location, and surroundings. Move towards the room with the shield and scroll insignia to examine the meaning of the mark. If the mark signifies possible equipment to be had, cautiously try to peer the contents of the room by slowly and silently opening the door. Brace self to be ready to run back towards the hallway full of lounging miscreants in the event I'm attacked or spotted. If unknown, run back towards the room where Mist and Cheery Dog are located to assist in the melee, using nearby items and chairs as weapons/defense as needed.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 323, AcRv wrote:
Grab the one I punched and use him as a human shield, pulling out his dagger and holding it to his throat, slowly retreating. If he resists, slice his throat and run.

ERROR: The archers have no daggers. Action aborted, though you still have the free action.

ENTER ACTION
_____

In post 321, Aronis wrote:Okay, good.
Throw the 'rocks' at the guard
You throw the 'rocks' at the nearest guard. It does nothing but momentarily stun him. This is, incidentally, enough time for the fight to continue playing out.

In post 324, Mist7676 wrote:
Help cheery in any way possible. Maybe get a few punches in if I can.
You aid player_Cheery-Dog by using the opening player_Aronis gave to punch a guard in the face. Though effective, you will still require more than mere punches to win this fight.

ENTER ACTION
_____

Player "Brian-Skies" has entered the game.
In post 325, Brian Skies wrote:
Examines self, inventory, location, and surroundings. Move towards the room with the shield and scroll insignia to examine the meaning of the mark. If the mark signifies possible equipment to be had, cautiously try to peer the contents of the room by slowly and silently opening the door.
You have prison leggings, a rope made from a prison shirt, a screw, and pieces of bedding in your inventory. You move to the room with the shield and scroll insignia over it and examine the mark. The mark in fact does signify equipment to be had, as you can see it now reads "Armory". Inside, you manage to see what appears to be a shop...however, the owner seems to be terrified of you. He blurts out, "Please...don't kill me! I...I'm just a simple shopkeeper, spare me please and I promise I will do what I can to give you whatever it is you want! Just spare my life!"

Interesting.

ENTER ACTION
_____
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

YEEEEESSSS!!!!

Ask him if he has armor and weapons for myself and my fellow brethren. In return for ample and adequate supplies, I will spare his life.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Actually, ask him for a complete inventory of his wares.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'd also like to interrogate him on the surrounding area. Information of nearby locations, quests, people of interest, notable locations within the castle we should be aware of...and inquire about a map, healing items, scrolls, etc. etc.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by AcRv »

I guess I'll go for a permastun...

Pull the one I punched and throw him into the other two in the hope some sort of domino effect will occur.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by N »

continue riding
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Aronis »

The guards have weapons right?

Use my disraction to try and disarm the guard closest to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Silently examine surroundings as I've completely blanked as to where I am.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Empking »

Green equals yellow.

This is because of primary colours:
With paint it goes: Blue, Yellow and Red.
With light it goes: Red, Green and Blue.
Blue and red correspond to each other when going to one system to another, while green is in additive, but it's place is taken by yellow in the subtractive. This is also why the '=' sign is only use for 'red=blue'
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 327, Brian Skies wrote:
Ask him if he has armor and weapons for myself and my fellow brethren. In return for ample and adequate supplies, I will spare his life.
Ask him for a complete inventory of his wares.
I'd also like to interrogate him on the surrounding area. Information of nearby locations, quests, people of interest, notable locations within the castle we should be aware of...and inquire about a map, healing items, scrolls, etc. etc.
The shopkeeper tells you that there is a map room directly beneath the current floor, on ground level. He informs you that any information on nearby locations, quests, people of interest, and such would be located within there. He then proceeds to give you the starter equipment set.

You have obtained "dagger".
You have obtained "leather armor".
You have obtained "leather leggings".
You have obtained "cloth hood".
You have obtained "cloth gloves".
You have obtained "3-foot stick".
(Sorry, it is the closest to a ten-foot pole he has available.)
You have obtained "30 feet of rope".
You have obtained "scroll of teleportation (1 charge)".
You have obtained "healing potion: minor wounds".

He promises that he will equip any of your comrades who come in with an identical equipment set, but that more advanced wares he would have to order with gold, and will randomly provide a selection of as he continues his business. (Though he notes that it will take an external increase in economy for his selection to improve past a certain point.) He additionally swears he would give the best possible price on them that would allow him to continue running the shop.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 330, AcRv wrote:
Pull the one I punched and throw him into the other two in the hope some sort of domino effect will occur.
You throw the archer into the other two, and they are knocked back. However, the effect is weaker than it originally was; the guard in the back is left shaken, but not stunned, and is very slowly readying his bow. You will need to do more than just push the archers around to knock them out.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Yes: a halberd and a sword, to be more precise. They look like this:
Spoiler: image
Use my distraction to try and disarm the guard closest to me.
You take the guard's halberd from him, but he draws his sword.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636814#p6636814]post 333[/url], Nobody Special wrote:
Silently examine surroundings as I've completely blanked as to where I am.
You are at the riddle wall.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636874#p6636874]post 334[/url], Empking wrote:Green equals yellow.
This is because of primary colours:
With paint it goes: Blue, Yellow and Red.
With light it goes: Red, Green and Blue.
Blue and red correspond to each other when going to one system to another, while green is in additive, but it's place is taken by yellow in the subtractive. This is also why the '=' sign is only use for 'red=blue'
This is a very good guess! The wall actually trembles at it...

Incorrect

...But ultimately, it is not an accurate one. A fair attempt, yet sadly not successful. However, you still possess your blind guess, should you choose to use it.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

If possible, go to the shopkeeper and get equipped and then return to the riddle wall.

I'm still thinking about it, but I've still got nothing right now.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Aronis »

Well the halberd is longer, so maybe that'll work.

Look for a weak spot in his armor and try to stab him.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think I'm just continuing to fight as I don't have any ideas
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by N »

I think I'm just continuing to ride a horse as I don't have any ideas
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

sing mastin's favorite song mournfully as i ride
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Equip the dagger, leather armor, leather leggings, cloth hood, and cloth gloves.

Based on my own crudely drawn map, I'm assuming the map room is the same room or near the same room CD and Mist are located.

Ask the shopkeeper what the Sky Tower is before thanking him and proceeding to the room CD and Mist are located. Help Aronis kill the first guard, careful as to not get struck by the guard's sword. The goal is to create an opening for Aronis to land a killing blow.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Equip the 3-Foot stick as well and use it as a makeshift shield.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by JDGA »

ENTER ANSWER:LAVENDER

Red and Blue both have one E in their name. Green has two Es, and while there aren't any other super common colours with two Es, Lavender does and isn't
too
uncommon.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 335, mastin2 wrote:Though he notes that it will take an external increase in economy for his selection to improve past a certain point.

Also, what? Just how deep
is
this game?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by AcRv »

Grab the one who is readying his bow around the neck and slam his head into the railing (I'm just assuming there's one even though I haven't explicitly been told it's there).

If by some chance there's no railing, then over the edge with him.

Look out below!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:20 am

Post by McMenno »

>I join the game
>I go to the room with the shopkeeper, and ask him for starter gear.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry for the delay; long weekend.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637542#p6637542]QUERY[/url]: Brian Skies wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636993#p6636993]post 335[/url], mastin2 wrote:Though he notes that it will take an external increase in economy for his selection to improve past a certain point.
Also, what? Just how deep
is
this game?
Extremely deep, to the point where when the game is completely over, there will likely still be aspects of the game that I will need to reveal since they never got explored. You got far more than what you bargained for.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637038#p6637038]post 336[/url], KingdomAces wrote:If possible, go to the shopkeeper and get equipped and then return to the riddle wall.
I'm still thinking about it, but I've still got nothing right now.
That would take you a full two updates to accomplish, as in, double the length of player_N's and player_Psyche's ride. As you can tell by their boredom, I would not recommend you go through with it, but if you desire, then you shall.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637508#p6637508]post 343[/url], JDGA wrote:
ENTER ANSWER:LAVENDER
Red and Blue both have one E in their name. Green has two Es, and while there aren't any other super common colours with two Es, Lavender does and isn't
too
uncommon.
I...will accept that answer.

You logic the answer out to be "Lavender!", yelling it out. Though you can tell that the answer rather clearly is not in fact lavender, and that the logic used to obtain that answer is very clearly incorrect, much to your surprise, the wall opens up.

Correct

Then, markings that were invisible before begin to glow, revealing the true answer and process: "When using RGB colors, inverting red will create cyan, a greenish-blue that is fairly light. When using RGB colors, inverting green will create magenta, a violet-red/purplish-red color. Thus, if red = (light/green) blue, then green = violet/purple/magenta." As lavender is considered a pale tint of violet, and violet was an acceptable answer, I will be generous and consider your answer to be close enough.

That must mean you are ready to head down a level, and you automatically progress down. Once more, you find a wall, and yet again, there is a riddle. "If I have 52 oranges and 23 apples, how many bananas do I have?"

!Caution!

Though there is an infinite number of possible answers, there is only a finite number of probable guesses. Thus, you are limited as a
group
to
five
blind guesses, and each
individual
may be responsible for only
one
of those blind guesses. (This is why having at least five at the riddle wall was recommended.) The same guidelines apply: randomly shouting out a number will count as a blind guess, but just about any logic used will not.

Good luck. For this third riddle, you most certainly will need it.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

You stab at his neck, but the guard not being incompetent manages to deflect the killing blow to a mere graze.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637461#p6637461]post 341[/url], Brian Skies wrote:
Equip the dagger, leather armor, leather leggings, cloth hood, and cloth gloves. Equip the 3-Foot stick as well and use it as a makeshift shield. Ask the shopkeeper what the Sky Tower is before thanking him and proceeding to the room CD and Mist are located. Help Aronis kill the first guard, careful as to not get struck by the guard's sword. The goal is to create an opening for Aronis to land a killing blow.
The shopkeeper tells you he does not know what the Tower of Skies actually is, simply that it extends far up into the sky, and is filled with traps, obstacles, and enemies--in short, much the same as what you have previously dealt with in escaping from prison.

You equip your armor and dagger, using the 3-foot stick in your spare hand. You move down a level and prevent the nearest guard from moving in closer to player_Aronis. Using this opening, player_Aronis takes a second jab, this one landing squarely in the throat, dropping the guard dead in an instant. One down, two to go.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637984#p6637984]post 345[/url], AcRv wrote:
Grab the one who is readying his bow around the neck and slam his head into the railing (I'm just assuming there's one even though I haven't explicitly been told it's there).
Rushing in, you grab the neck of the archer readying his bow, lift him up with your immense strength, and you slam his head brutally into the railing. Blood spatters everywhere and he falls limp, dead. As an added bonus, the two archers in front of you--while now being literally right in front of you, dangerously close--are unprepared for your sudden movements, and thus, you can strike again. You really are a monster, are not you?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "McMenno" has joined the game.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6638060#p6638060]post 346[/url], McMenno wrote:>I join the game
>I go to the room with the shopkeeper, and ask him for starter gear.
You head to the shop, and get equipped with the starter gear.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

High 5's Aronis. Take and equip the fallen guard's sword.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Examine the brawl/situation between Mist/Cheery Dog and the remaining two guards.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”