Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Post by Oman »

I agree completely Soup, thats why i wasn't big on defending myself, it was just my turn.

Casual posters...hmmm erg0, streeflo (lately), Niv's pretty heavy in posting. Not sure if there's others.

BTW: Completly retracting my statement on lynching lurkers (it was more pressure to get responses from them, but it didn't turn out well)
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Niv »

Streeflo wrote:
Niv wrote:people should be lynched for what they sat, not what they dont.
LOL! Interesting tactic you have here.
well actually that should Say Say ;-)
Oman wrote:Hold on, Niv and I have a different Idea on lurking. I'm talking about the type that just read and dont comment but as soon as their name is mentioned they jump in. I hate it, personally.
I hate it persopnally too, and i still stand by my previous statement. they sahould get one prod, then replaced. personally i think they both have had their chance and should be replaced now. lurking dosn't ever deserve a vote, but it dosent deserve to be in the game.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Niv »

Oman wrote:BTW: Completly retracting my statement on lynching lurkers (it was more pressure to get responses from them, but it didn't turn out well)
EBWODP: i missed this

Unvote Oman.
FoS Jen for hypocracy that just wont stop
IGMEOY: Oman and soup. soup is obvious. i just need to get more of a read on oman after this
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

soupfly wrote:the one thing i'm not liking is that suspicion seems to be falling on those who are most active in posting.
Good Point!!

Vote Zakk_status

Tell Me WHY You're not scum. [/b]
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

FoS Jen for hypocracy that just wont stop
Point this out? And why do you seem to be moving along the same lines as Gator so far this game?
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Niv »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Gator's lurking in plain sight, he's posting no content at all (OK, i'm not either and I'm sorry about that) and Oman is defending him too much. I would say that a Gator Lynch (or at least putting pressure on Gator) would tell us a lot in terms of how the other players are playing with regards to him.
You apologised twice for not posting much content. then you continue pressuring people who arn't posting too much, then, you add little content to the disscussion in your posts. add to that that you arn't posting much and i see hypocracy

also, in mafia and real life. appologies don't wourk unless you stop commiting the same crime
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Gatorguy91 wrote:
soupfly wrote:the one thing i'm not liking is that suspicion seems to be falling on those who are most active in posting.
Good Point!!

Vote Zakk_status

Tell Me WHY You're not scum. [/b]
This vote is pretty useless. Langley and zakk clearly aren't here and I doubt that he'll even respond.
Oman wrote:Soup is right, it is to early (which I'd said earlier in my defence) to lynch anyone. I'd like everyone to say who they think is scummy and why.
I feel like we have a really long way to go. However, I will say that soupfly looks pretty townie to me. He's been the best at generating discussion so far. I'm tempted to vote for Jenter at the moment. Earlier in the game he said "Wait - there's a godfather?" after Khelvaster posted. I could easily see scum feigning ignorance about that. Lately he's But I'm a little suspicious of Gatorguy too, and Jenter has actually been attacking him quite a bit.

Mod
, I think we need replacements for Langley and zakk.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Oman »

Jenter wrote:Niv has actually been on the wagons before gator each game, so that doesn't really fly with me.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by soupfly »

lurkers is not the same thing as inactives.

lurkers post as little as possible to not draw attention

inactives just don't post cause they doing other stuff
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by soupfly »

inactives should be replaces. if a lurker takes it so far that he's close to be being replaces then my bad fly FOS will be on him.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by ThaiBoxerShorts »

I remain suspicious of Langley and Zakk, not because of their inactivity, but because of what little they have posted. Substanceless posts and apparently-random votes with no explanation and no follow up. Seems pretty scummy.

Soupfly seemed a bit scummy at first due to his evasiveness and defensiveness, but he seems more and more pro-town as the game progresses. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

As for Jenter, well... I dunno. The anti-Jenter arguments kind of hold water. Criticizing lack of substance while acknowledging his own lack of substance, the possible "feigning ignorance" thing that Eroto pointed out. But I'm just not getting a scum vibe from Jenter. I can't really give an objective reason why, though I'll go back through his posts and see if I can find something.

I'm still a bit suspicious of Gatorguy. He's played pretty evasively since Page 1. I can't really criticize his current vote, as it's similar to
my
current vote, though I'd feel a little better if he elaborated a bit.

Oman's eagerness to lynch a random lurker is obviously a cause for suspicion, as is his quick reversal when he saw it wasn't going to work. But like Jenter, I'm just not getting a scum vibe. He seems to have the town's best interests at heart. Post 121 struck me as pretty damn pro-town.

If I were to change my vote right now, I think I'd have to go with Gatorguy, but I'm happy keeping it where it is at the moment.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

Langley and zakk have been urged to increase their posting. Refusal will bring replacement.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by Oman »

Oman wrote:
Jenter wrote:Niv has actually been on the wagons before gator each game, so that doesn't really fly with me.
I'm sorry this is what I get for not previewing my posts. This wasn't a Jenter quote, I meant to quote her first. The quoted line is actually my own.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Moddy-Mod wrote: Langley and zakk have been urged to increase their posting. Refusal will bring replacement.
Thank you Maz.
Thai wrote: Oman's eagerness to lynch a random lurker is obviously a cause for suspicion, as is his quick reversal when he saw it wasn't going to work.
I'm not eager, I don't understand why that adjective is used. I suggested it as an avenue.

And yes I reversed when I saw it wasn't going to work, the idea of it was acutally to get 1 or two along with me and the inactives jump out in defence quickly, starting them up posting. When I saw that people saw it less as a tactic to increase posting and more as a scumtell I abandoned the idea.

I'd like to look closer at Langley and Zakk, Maz has urged them so I guess a vote or FoS wouldn't add anything of value. When they come I want to hear why they haven't given any reasons for votes or questions to players yet.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:19 am

Post by soupfly »

Thoughts so far.

Gator: He's either scum or the VI(http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5634). He's not very logical or thoughtful in his posts. Doesn't add any value to the discussion. I'd like to give him a chance to help us form a better opinion of him by posting more (and with great substance) starting right now.

Oman: suspicion of him linked to Gator, but if we go down that path Gator would be first to go which would then shed some light on Oman. No reason to do it other way around.

ThaiBoxerShorts: mild suspicion. He's posting enough to appear active but doing everything possible to blend in and not rock the boat. Just a gut feeling ATM and certainly not grounds for a lynching but will keep an eye on him.

Jenter: leaning towards thinking he not-scummy, although i also found it a bit odd how he agreed with me during the early part of the game when it looked like i'd be the first lynch (albeit due to my poor play). if he wanted to stave an early lynch he could have just posted that but rather he agreed (though i wouldn't say defended) with me.

townie vibes: niv, erotomachia

no opinion yet: Erg0, langley, zach_status, streetflo (gone under the radar again)
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Village Idiot i might be.

Unvote Zakk_Status
a pointless vote really.

Thoughts: Soupfly. Earlier I thought you were scum, but your material seems to be good. UnFoS Soupfly. Agree with Thai here.

Why He might be scum: "We lost our cop" speech, drawing suspiscion from an empty post.

Why He might not be scum: Large contributions to the game, very active, seems to be trying to help the town.

Anaylasis: Probably Not Scum.

Thaiboxershorts

Thoughts: He's putting out some pretty good points there, some of them confusing though.

Why he might be scum:
[QUOTE=Thaiboxershorts] As for Jenter, well... I dunno. The anti-Jenter arguments kind of hold water. Criticizing lack of substance while acknowledging his own lack of substance, the possible "feigning ignorance" thing that Eroto pointed out. But I'm just not getting a scum vibe from Jenter. I can't really give an objective reason why, though I'll go back through his posts and see if I can find something. [/QUOTE]
Looking at this it summed up to me possibly as "Jenter's Acting Really scummy but I'm pretty sure he's not scum." I don't understand. It's obvious some vibes have to occur from his scummy behavior.

His bandwagoning has also worried me a bit. He jumped on the soup bandwagon and also got off quickly.

Why He might not be scum: He's been pretty active and has not done anything close to lurking

Anaylasis: I still have an FoS on him.

Questions for Thaiboxershorts:
Why did you unvote soupfly so fast?

I have to go, but I'll finish this later.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 am

Gatorguy91 wrote: Looking at this it summed up to me possibly as "Jenter's Acting Really scummy but I'm pretty sure he's not scum." I don't understand. It's obvious some vibes have to occur from his scummy behavior.

His bandwagoning has also worried me a bit. He jumped on the soup bandwagon and also got off quickly.

Why He might not be scum: He's been pretty active and has not done anything close to lurking

Anaylasis: I still have an FoS on him.

Questions for Thaiboxershorts:
Why did you unvote soupfly so fast?
As I said in my previous post, I don't have a good, sound pro-Jenter argument. It's a gut feeling. And it could potentially be swayed. None of his suspicious activity is
necessarily
scummy. It could be interpreted either way.

As for soupfly, it's a mischaracterization (and a pretty blatant one at that) to say I "jumped on the soupfly bandwagon." Read Page 1 again. I was the first person to vote for soupfly (so there was no bandwagon to jump on), and it was random. After that, yeah, I expressed suspicion about Soup's behavior, but so did a lot of other people.

As for why I jumped off the bandwagon, soupfly was at -2 on Page 2, and that scared the hell out of me. This is my third game, and
both
of my first two involved very fast Day 1 lynchings of townies, so I'm a bit cautious about that kind of thing. Yes, soup was down to -3 my the time I unvoted, but I didn't catch that. Interpret it as you will, but it was a simple error on my part.

Mostly because of your accusation that I "jumped on the soupfly bandwagon" -- an outright falsehood easily debunked by re-reading Page 1 -- I'm going to go ahead and
unvote, vote gatorguy
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Niv »

real busy, be back later
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Oman »

Soup, I was defending Gator early cause he wasn't well....good at defending himself, and I didn't think what he did was bad. Now I don't think your scummy atm, but I have no idea on Gator's affiliation, he hasn't been "with" anyone this game (except maybe me).

I think Thai's right that he didn't get overlybandwagony in these first pages. I too thought Thai was just jumping on and off wagons with the majority but this
This is my third game, and both of my first two involved very fast Day 1 lynchings of townies, so I'm a bit cautious about that kind of thing. Yes, soup was down to -3 my the time I unvoted, but I didn't catch that
put me at ease.

Nothing really new for Soupfly, but he does bring up the point that Jenter agreeed with him. I'm thinking at the moment if one of them is scum the other is town, but they could both be town.

Sigh, need more.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Oman wrote:I think Thai's right that he didn't get overlybandwagony in these first pages. I too thought Thai was just jumping on and off wagons with the majority but this
This is my third game, and both of my first two involved very fast Day 1 lynchings of townies, so I'm a bit cautious about that kind of thing. Yes, soup was down to -3 my the time I unvoted, but I didn't catch that
put me at ease.
Nope, no bandwagoning from me in this entire game, and that can be backed up with cold, hard evidence. I'm actually having trouble seeing how anyone could have gotten that impression.

I have cast only three votes in this game so far:

1: Soupfly in post #14, which was random and cast before the Soupfly bandwagon even existed.

2: Langley in post #85, for reasons I believe I thoroughly and adequately explained. There was only one other vote on Langley at the time. Hardly "bandwagoning."

3: Gatorguy in post #141, for falsely accusing me of bandwagoning when I clearly haven't been. An attack based on a lie. It doesn't get much scummier than that. I doubt I'll be changing that vote, unless Gator posts something
really
good in his defense.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I'm here, but I see no reason to change my vote as of now. I don't think soupfly is any scummier than the next person here.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Oman »

Thai I was refering more to your jumping off bandwagons that I found messy at first. Who you voted for was fine, it was when you jumped off that I had an issue with, but its easly explained by being cautious.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by soupfly »

not sure i'm buying gator's post (though i do appreciate the effort). seems like a forced homework assignment to me.

my suspicion (if you can call it that) of thai is not because of his voting for me (or others) per se, but rather because of the extremely safe route he has chosen so far. just a gut feeling ATM.

can we have a vote count?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm liking Oman's explanation, historically I have found most people that do the kind of thing that he did on day 1 end up being town. TOo early to lynch someone for doing what he did.

Unvote: Oman

Still a bit wary of Zakk, but we may have to wait a while for something from him by the looks of things. Gatorguy's misrepresentation of Thai resembles a scumtell that I've seen before on day 1, so
FoS: Gatorguy91
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by Oman »

The interesting thing about Gators post is it resembles the format of my nightly scum lists (for and againsts for everyone). I, too, feel like its something he's gleamed to make himself
seem
townie

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”