copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 572, pirate mollie wrote:ftr I wld rather you let the person am asking the question answer actually answer tia

The non-read he gave on Cabd/copper, I don't see why you wouldn't give your 2 cents as town.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 573, copper223 wrote:Until he gets lynched and then he can start flaming you post game for being a moron, totally worth it when townies D1 are so easy to scumread if you want to it's a joke. We can talk about my scumhunting tactics and how to improve them when you are able to read the setup description before the game.

I don't think I have been as bitchy as copper is in this post tho!
whew!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 am

Post by copper223 »

:P I am bitchy tonight, got myself a cold @ work.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 572, pirate mollie wrote:ftr I wld rather you let the person am asking the question answer actually answer tia

I am impatient.

In post 573, copper223 wrote:Until he gets lynched and then he can start flaming you post game for being a moron, totally worth it when townies D1 are so easy to scumread if you want to it's a joke. We can talk about my scumhunting tactics and how to improve them when you are able to read the setup description before the game.

The only part of this I understand is the insulting part. Thanks bro.

pedit: I gave my two cents copper, you just wanted nickels.

pedit2: yep
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.18

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Katsuki (4): Iecerint, Lady Lambdadelta, Cephrir, TierShift
shos (2): Rhinox, Katsuki
Cabd (2): xRECKONERx, pirate mollie
TierShift (1): T-Bone

Not Voting (4): notscience, Cabd, copper223, shos

V/LA: Iecerint (April 8th), T-Bone (April 10th)

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, April 15th, at 12:00 noon EDT (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-15 11:00:00)

NameChangeScore
Cabd
-
Cephrir
-
copper223
-
Iecerint
-
Katsuki
-
Lady Lambdadelta
-
notscience
-
pirate mollie
-
Rhinox
-
shos
-
T-Bone
-
TierShift
-
xRECKONERx
-

Last edited by Magua on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:55 am

Post by copper223 »

Anyway if you are coming off shos scum take a look at Rhinox, I need a shower.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hey guys, I'm back home late tomorrow, so I'll do a catch-up post at that time. Thanks for not quicklynching.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am

Post by shos »

In post 528, Rhinox wrote:
In post 516, shos wrote:Rhinox, can you explain to me 252?
I quoted those because these are important details to remember.
and clearly you haven't seen me try hard as scum, lol. If you'd like I can dig up some scumgames for you. I had only 2 in like, the last 123 years.

Regarding the bolded, that is no answer. Why do you feel those are important details to remember? More importantly, why would you assume that anyone in this game had forgotten or not known about those game rules? And also, why was their a need to remind us of those rules RIGHT THEN as opposed to if/when sometime in the future those rules had any relevance to something going on in the game? The problem I have is that is the type of pointless "Here's some helpful information look how helpful I am I'm such a helpful townie." that scum make instead of doing something useful to find scum.

And I didn't say you were trying hard, I said you were trying TOO hard. As in the things you are going back and digging up are reaches at best. Asking reck if his vote was really srs on cabd is bad because Reck had already gone round with someone explaining why he was srs. And you should have known this because you were keeping up with the game in real time until at least and reck started explaining his srs read as early as . And with your ceph vote, we're 10 pages into the game but you go back to page 1 and pick out one vote of ceph's that is a "scumpost" and "worth voting". It's hard to put into words but what you're doing doesn't look like town trying to find scum, it looks more like scum trying to find cases.

Take this for example: in you liked ceph for town. This was Thursday 4/2 at 9:30 AM according to my timestamps. About 24hrs later, in you call ceph a scum post and worth voting and you vote. Had you not read that post before? If not, what did you base your ceph townread on 24hrs earlier? For the record you questioned ceph in your second post in the game referencing posts ceph made on the first page so I'm not going to buy that you just didn't catch when it was made.

In post 516, shos wrote:I'm saying this because I saw people are scumreading me, and it has to be because of gamestart play because I practically wasn't here for like three days so.

In post 520, shos wrote:can anyone the fuck explain to me why cabd is such a hot topic despite not being there? same goes for me, I guess, in the future?

Lurking or even legit VLA is not a get out of jail free card. Shocking, I know...
OF course this is an answer. why I think those are important? because they are actively influencing the game. Have you played mafia before with plurality? without? that's a grand difference in strategy as scum. for example, if DL was now in 12 hours, and plurality, then all the votes on singles and stuff would be wasted. if Kats is leading, and is town, scum will have no problem staying there, even lurking, through the deadline. if not, they would want to join a townwagon for a mislynch. is this not obvious for you? these are stuff that can be analyzed, and SHOULD be. and knowing the fact that scum have daytalk? are you seriously not seeing the difference between scum with day talk and without?

re: "too hard" - I'm sorry, but when you're catching up you don't yet know what's going to prove useful and what isn't. How would you expect me to work, then? just read up everything and go "oh NS is scum VOTE:"? what's the limit that says, "from here backwards it is useless"? 200 posts ago? 300? 272?

There's nitpicking and there's being thorough. if you think I'm nitpicking, be specific, with examples and stuff. Promise I'll respond.

re: 242 - I dunno what I was thinking at the time precisely. I changed my mind again now, didn't I? or is that not allowed.?
There are 100 posts, of with 23 are ceph's, between 123 and 242. I guess something made me think differently, dunno, maybe the fact that in that while ceph apparantly started scumreading me and voting me? That probably made me more critical of him, I guess? I dunno. I can't invent stuff for you and tell you what I was thinking last week. The fact is that I started rereading, and that caught my eye.

There's one thing you probably don't understand about metown - this goes for the argument above too. I'm going for full clarity as town, I practically spit out everything I think without thinking. Yes, you can claim that the noise/content ratio may become too high this way, but I think that if townies invest their time to the game, then the more they read the more fertile their thoughts can be. Not going to argue on theory. if you still think otherwise, I'll agree to disagree with you.

re: VLA/lurkage - it's not a free card, no, but in most cases, when wagons, discussion, and all that shit happens on a missing player, it is probably led by scum, trying to take hold of the opportunity where they cannot respond and defend.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:07 am

Post by shos »

In post 530, TierShift wrote:Shos ur walls are too long

Just lemme say this

Would you expect scum-me to take the exact same approach as in previous games? Would you not believe scum-me to fool you for at least a few days?

Will read more thoroughly tomorrow.
WIFOM. totally.
got you once, get you twice, babe <3

In post 531, TierShift wrote:Like I'm not even buddying in any way

you kinda do. your posts are not decisive.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:17 am

Post by shos »

@mollie: I'd really appreciate it if you gave me...easier links? or more directions, at least. sending me to a bastard large game of 136 pages is not quite the help I expect.

In post 552, copper223 wrote:if shos is town Rhinox is my top scumread because he is fanning the flames without exposing himself like Ceph. is doing.

This line is probably the best thing copper said in this entire thread.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:19 am

Post by shos »

In post 554, Cephrir wrote:
In post 552, copper223 wrote:I'll be reviewing shos but based on the number of players that want his scalp I am starting to think he is town, I don't believe in busses in this setup unless scum is dumb in which case we will win anyway, if shos is town Rhinox is my top scumread because he is fanning the flames without exposing himself like Ceph. is doing.

That's a shit reason to think someone is town. What on earth about this setup says "don't bus" to you? We don't know anything about it, do we?

Ceph, THINK, and shut up until you do -_-

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:20 am

Post by shos »

In post 556, copper223 wrote:10-3 is what this setup tells me.

eh.
disregard me.

:cry:
I thought that was a crumb for something else.. Y_Y

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

Thinking is for the placid!
Bartleby the Scrivener
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:22 am

Post by shos »

Spoiler: completely irrelevant to the game
In post 560, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 553, Katsuki wrote:ok so I just skimmed the last page and fuck this game

now to see if anyone else on my team wants to take over for me I'm not dealing with this.

stahp being a dramaqueen

my fun level just upped to 11 on a scale of 1-10

I seriously love this playerlist. Rhinox and copper are the only ones I haven't played with, and I really like the names that are near them :D

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 am

Post by shos »

In post 563, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:let me spell it out for you.

THE SCORE THINGY IS A DISTRACTION, AND ANY GUESS WE CAN FORMULATE IS AT BEST JUST THAT, A WILD GUESS.

The best case scenario is that we figure it out! And then scum ALSO know what the fuck it does, assuming they don't already know, so you're giving an informed minority and an uninformed majority information. Guess who uses it better? (also, this is why I think you're scum. I have this suspicion that scum DON'T know what the point system is, and that you, as scum, are trying to not only use that as a way to look town, but also figure it out so you can use that information to your advantage.)

The worst case scenario is that we don't figure it out, and we've wasted a shit ton of pages, thoughtspace and time on a useless endevour.

In EITHER case, people should be focusing on what actually wins us the game: Lynching scum.

That's why no one wants to do it.
Spoiler: Hey
I'm really unsure of whether I want to do the mod-iso-analysis now :/

I'll just do it in the team PT and if needed I'll post here, I guess.

This post is probably coming from town. If LLD is scum, and knows something about it that scum don't want town to know or something, then this will be telling if town finds out about this later. if not, then scum has no reason to stop me from doing this analysis, and distract town, and rob time and effort for funsies out of town.

That means LLD is town, and has to start playing the fuck up, then.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:33 am

Post by shos »

K I'm done with the thread. I literally wasted HOURS on this game today. I should work on my thesis somewhen >_>

going for a shower, then I'll read up what I noted myself to read and post it, and if time lets me I'll even analyze the mod today, but not here.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I was inclined to argue with 589 but it's actually logical.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 582, shos wrote:OF course this is an answer. why I think those are important? because they are actively influencing the game. Have you played mafia before with plurality? without? that's a grand difference in strategy as scum. for example, if DL was now in 12 hours, and plurality, then all the votes on singles and stuff would be wasted. if Kats is leading, and is town, scum will have no problem staying there, even lurking, through the deadline. if not, they would want to join a townwagon for a mislynch. is this not obvious for you? these are stuff that can be analyzed, and SHOULD be. and knowing the fact that scum have daytalk? are you seriously not seeing the difference between scum with day talk and without?

Great, so you answered the "Why do you feel those are important details to remember?", while dodging the "Why did you need to quote it and post it?" part. Instead you framed it as "Rhinox you are stupid to not see how important these things are", when it really should be clear that I'm not arguing the importance of the things you quoted, but the importance of needing to quote those specific points to remind everyone. As I said already:

The problem I have is that is the type of pointless "Here's some helpful information look how helpful I am I'm such a helpful townie." that scum make instead of doing something useful to find scum.

But maybe I'm wrong. You've done more rereading than anyone in the thread, I'd like for you to show me where you've analyzed anything with the idea that scum have daytalk in mind? I'd like to see a practical example of how you feel the difference between scum with day talk and without have affected your reads.

I'm not done with the rest of your post yet but I have to run right now .
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 am

Post by pirate mollie »

reck

where are you

I sheeped your cabd wagon and you are not here to push it.

come on
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:53 am

Post by pirate mollie »

also @ shos

if you look at the activity level of the 3 flipped scum players in the link I posted you might see what I was talking about!
whew!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:13 am

Post by shos »

In post 592, Rhinox wrote:
In post 582, shos wrote:OF course this is an answer. why I think those are important? because they are actively influencing the game. Have you played mafia before with plurality? without? that's a grand difference in strategy as scum. for example, if DL was now in 12 hours, and plurality, then all the votes on singles and stuff would be wasted. if Kats is leading, and is town, scum will have no problem staying there, even lurking, through the deadline. if not, they would want to join a townwagon for a mislynch. is this not obvious for you? these are stuff that can be analyzed, and SHOULD be. and knowing the fact that scum have daytalk? are you seriously not seeing the difference between scum with day talk and without?

Great, so you answered the "Why do you feel those are important details to remember?", while dodging the "Why did you need to quote it and post it?" part. Instead you framed it as "Rhinox you are stupid to not see how important these things are", when it really should be clear that I'm not arguing the importance of the things you quoted, but the importance of needing to quote those specific points to remind everyone. As I said already:

The problem I have is that is the type of pointless "Here's some helpful information look how helpful I am I'm such a helpful townie." that scum make instead of doing something useful to find scum.

But maybe I'm wrong. You've done more rereading than anyone in the thread, I'd like for you to show me where you've analyzed anything with the idea that scum have daytalk in mind? I'd like to see a practical example of how you feel the difference between scum with day talk and without have affected your reads.

I'm not done with the rest of your post yet but I have to run right now .

I'd go ahead and call you nitpicking because it actually took me a sec to understand what the fuck you want from me. I mean why not? use occam's razor here for a sec.
option A: X is town and does something useful
option B: X is scum and does something useful in order to look like town

why on earth would you assume B over A? the deed IS useful, so why the fuck care? if I am town, why would I NOT repeat that? especially if we agreed that it is important?

and example I cannot give you for myself because this is mostly useful for later game analysis, but an example can be somewhere that Ceph considered me being coached - as in scummates help you in the daytalk QT/PT.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:40 am

Post by shos »

btw lol
while trying to fall asleep it occurred to me tat I have not voted

VOTE: notscience

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:56 am

Post by notscience »

In post 516, shos wrote:what was the purpose of you lying there, knowingly? are you really hated or are you lying tehre too?

I am really hated. My purpose was to see if someone would try to fuck with the VCA, which would mean that scum were lying and therefore Cabd was town. My role before sort of implied a secondary roleblocker, hence me pushing those who hadn't claimed (see earlier posts) to claim, however I didn't think it through and realize that figuring out who was lying is a crapshoot and at best just means Cabd is town.
In post 516, shos wrote:NS's 269 sucks loads of butt. PLing a lurker all of a sudden?

Sorry my posts don't meet /your/ approval, I'll do my best to meet your high expectations next time, don't you worry.
In post 551, Katsuki wrote:I NEED YOU TO HELP PERK ME UP PERKYPHYSICS : (

I'm being picked on again ._.

Sucks to be you?

Also, I rather liked LLD's post about the scores.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 520, shos wrote:NS' 344 is not only parroting of multiple others but also actually uses the same words used by cephrir I think
That slot goes up the scum rank, I think.

Quote your proof, please.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by notscience »

The reason I ask, is because in the time since Cabd had started posting again up until that post I do not see a single person saying anything I have, yet that's apparently parroting?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”