Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, why is Boons town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Skold »

Well first of all you did start this. You made a wall post and asked me to respond to it. This forces my wall post and creates a very annoying back and forth.

I mentioned why I didn't like people handing me quotes of their own to analyse so that people would know not to hand me quotes of my own to analyse. Plain and fucking simple.

And it WAS fucking obvious that I attacked peace based on the fact that he didn't explain why. I even said WHY in all caps to him. So don't bs man.
Nothing in 418 gives off the impression that he think he ''hasn't made a mistake in this game what so ever'' < me

''I'm implying that if he was town, he'd have been more open to me on the matter. Not that he should have, but he would have.''
What do you mean by open? Open isn't a word that applies here. And he didn't avoid 117. He posted about it in the next post.

I did make a point. I also insulted you. I regret insulting you to some degree, maybe I should of used silly instead of dumb, dumb is kinda harsh for a forum board game. Point being that it wasn't audacious to respond to Garmr. Point being that I dislike meta. YOU'RE the one creating a strawman here. You're picking through my points ignoring the content, isolating the insults and crying ''Ad hominem , ad hominem!''
<Latin/Greek term idk which for insulting someone instead of tackling their argument. Doesn't really apply when you do both.

''that's putting serious doubt on any town meta''
I'VE changed my town game. Anyone who does bad in a recent town game, should change their town game. This is why meta either, shouldn't or doesn't work for confirming anything. It can be at best supplementary.

Should he be making an effort to interact SPECIFICALLY with you? No. There are other players, sorry.

On the why I couldn't put it into words: Because it was dumb. And if it's dumb it's difficult to put it into your own words. I'll try here: According to SPastry I was scum because I was being active while having an open excuse to leave if an argument got too tough for me. I guess it makes more sense when I say it but most things do :P.

On 15 and 117: He had already addressed 10 and 117 still doesn't make sense given that definition. If the tailor fails to make a dress that fits, don't blame the bride, blame the tailor.

''Have you forgotten your opening and your attack on Peace already?'' By my opening I'm assuming how I entered the game. And no I haven't. My level of aggressiveness will depend on how stupid/scummy a piece of writing is.
pedit: Nero that was silly
Garmr: Then do you think I'm in there as well? Cool.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Skold »

Is there a way to disable animated avatars?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Garmr »

@nero- My ability to see past my bias and the fact he acted similarly when I was scum pushing him day 1 in masquerade.

@skold- I do not understand what you are asking can you word it in a easy to understand way for me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Do yo not like Dancing Jesus?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Skold »

I LOVE dancing Jesus. Except when he ruins the fuck out of my internet.
@Garmr By the logic of Elusive is defending Grib therefore she is scum, am I also scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

get a better internet

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Skold, go to User Control panel>>>Board Preferences. There a "disable flash animations" try that. or toggle display avatars.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 480, Skold wrote:I LOVE dancing Jesus. Except when he ruins the fuck out of my internet.
@Garmr By the logic of Elusive is defending Grib therefore she is scum, am I also scum?

I got you as null at the moment but maybe. It's also the way you are doing it. Elusive is trying to bring gribs into a town block and keeps using meta as an excuse. You at least questioned grib early game elusive through just had him as town as if she had knowledge prior. The only thing she asked was "are you town" not actually questioning his logic.

There are probably more differences between you and Elusive but I'm to lazy right now to find them.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Creative »

Ricastle
is definitely town!
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Grib »

Kitz, will you do something moderately towny if I ask nicely?

Boonskiies, if you post sometime in the next 24 hours, maybe I won't consider you completely scumfirmed.

bewilderbeast and Megalo will probably get replaced so they don't matter.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 476, Skold wrote:Well first of all you did start this. You made a wall post and asked me to respond to it. This forces my wall post and creates a very annoying back and forth.
Yes, because you referenced said wall post but didn't give any sort of opinion on it. I'm sure you would have read it eventually anyway. If anything my post prodding you about it only sped up the process.

I mentioned why I didn't like people handing me quotes of their own to analyse so that people would know not to hand me quotes of my own to analyse. Plain and fucking simple.
Which was irrelevant to the matter at hand. Mentioning that wasn't by any means necessary and anyone railing on you about the hypocrisy if you were to bring this up later instead would be bullshitting.

And it WAS fucking obvious that I attacked peace based on the fact that he didn't explain why. I even said WHY in all caps to him. So don't bs man.
What? You made out earlier my post was obviously terrible/scum. If you had that in mind when reading Peace's post would you really have attacked him for essentially speaking your mind, bar explanation?

Nothing in 418 gives off the impression that he think he ''hasn't made a mistake in this game what so ever'' < me
When the fuck did you say that?

418 comes off as denying that I have so much as any reasoning at all to scumread him. I don't believe that's an exact quote from me either - I believe my original statement was about concessions, which makes more sense. Seriously stop misrepping me.

''I'm implying that if he was town, he'd have been more open to me on the matter. Not that he should have, but he would have.''
What do you mean by open? Open isn't a word that applies here. And he didn't avoid 117. He posted about it in the next post.
Yes it is. I'm calling discussing with me about why I didn't like 117 open.

I'm assuming you're talking about 123 here. In which case, his next post was 150, so...no?

I did make a point. I also insulted you. I regret insulting you to some degree, maybe I should of used silly instead of dumb, dumb is kinda harsh for a forum board game. Point being that it wasn't audacious to respond to Garmr. Point being that I dislike meta. YOU'RE the one creating a strawman here. You're picking through my points ignoring the content, isolating the insults and crying ''Ad hominem , ad hominem!''
<Latin/Greek term idk which for insulting someone instead of tackling their argument. Doesn't really apply when you do both.
Okay I did use audacity wrong but my point was that Grib still replied to Garmr's post
while
ignoring the pressure which conflicts with how you're justifying him.

I'm not the instigator of the meta argument; I only started bringing it up after Grib did to defend himself, so that isn't a point against me.

''that's putting serious doubt on any town meta''
I'VE changed my town game. Anyone who does bad in a recent town game, should change their town game. This is why meta either, shouldn't or doesn't work for confirming anything. It can be at best supplementary.
So you agree with me?

And the full sentence was "That's putting serious doubt on any town meta he uses as a defence". Nice try though.

Should he be making an effort to interact SPECIFICALLY with you? No. There are other players, sorry.
We were in the middle of a debate directly correlating to me believing him to be scum, so at that exact point in time, yes.

And it's totally like he ignored me to focus on someone else instead of sitting back down. Right. :roll:

On the why I couldn't put it into words: Because it was dumb. And if it's dumb it's difficult to put it into your own words. I'll try here: According to SPastry I was scum because I was being active while having an open excuse to leave if an argument got too tough for me. I guess it makes more sense when I say it but most things do :P.
Wasn't that my argument against you?

On 15 and 117: He had already addressed 10 and 117 still doesn't make sense given that definition. If the tailor fails to make a dress that fits, don't blame the bride, blame the tailor.
His "Dave, are you SK again" isn't addressing anything. 15 is the scummier follow-up which is why I'm focusing on it.

What are you talking about? Explain to me, clearly, how you think 117 doesn't fit my definition of deflection.

''Have you forgotten your opening and your attack on Peace already?'' By my opening I'm assuming how I entered the game. And no I haven't. My level of aggressiveness will depend on how stupid/scummy a piece of writing is.
Okay. This can end here.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Grib »

Gentlemen, gentlemen, you don't have to fight over me. There's plenty of Grib to go around.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 472, Garmr wrote:Elusive defensive nature over gribs implies buddying. She is also working hard to maintain the happiness of her town block :wink: which she threw out early. This makes me think she is more likely to be scum than gribs. Also the other point about where she is pushing and where she is voting.

pedit: If I were to see a 2nd night kill tonight Ricastle then I would consider it.
That's fine and dandy but would you mind consolidating on Grib for now? We need a more definitive wagon going to further the gamestate, and I think we'll learn more based on what Grib flips than elusive imo. (If elusive flips town, what would the next move be?) Plus you're scumreading Grib anyway.

Theoretically, if we had already seen 2 nightkills, how likely would you consider Grib!SK right now?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 484, Creative wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!
Glad to hear it. Any thoughts on Skold?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 488, Ricastle wrote:consolidating

You are
way
too eager to kill me.

Honestly, it's a little endearing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, killing in mafia is pretty fun.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 491, Nero Cain wrote:TBF, killing in mafia is pretty fun.

It really is.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Skold »

I'm giving up. I don't think even all the kings horses nor all the kings men could put poor logical reasoning back together again. Which is me saying that Ricastle is town and wrong. Or at least right for the wrong reasons. Either way I won't convince him of anything. Waste of time and exhausting.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Creative »

Ricastle

In post 489, Ricastle wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!

I was waiting someone to question me why? value play fail, *sad face*

You are too aggresive, you are going hard against someone that's being townread by multiple others, as in even though i think the points you are making are actually bad and not really alignment indicative, you do seem to believe they are. I'm not sure about your results but by reading your posts i have the feeling that your pressure is genuine.

As far as your interactions go with him i think it's hard to draw a line about his alignment, i'm feeling our logic patterns are very different. Also people will get mad with either alignment if they think the points you are making about them are bad, of course there is people who think their scum game is so great that they are immune to any logic/reads and will genuinely get angry over any accusation, i would really appreciate to see
Skold's
interactions with someone else.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Skold »

Hey man I've been interacting with:
@Nero
@Grib
@Garmr
@BakeryFace
It's the dumb!town ricastle whose been tunneling hard.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Creative »

In post 495, Skold wrote:Hey man I've been interacting with:
@Nero
@Grib
@Garmr
@BakeryFace
It's the dumb!town ricastle whose been tunneling hard.

I'm aware, i meant that i want to see more interactions before i make a judgement, most of your posts so far are responses to
Ricastle
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Ricastle
is definitely town!

I made that conclusion a long time ago. I have now concluded skold is town.
So town
Nero
Skold
Ricastle
me
everyone else suspect
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 493, Skold wrote:I'm giving up. I don't think even all the kings horses nor all the kings men could put poor logical reasoning back together again. Which is me saying that Ricastle is town and wrong. Or at least right for the wrong reasons. Either way I won't convince him of anything. Waste of time and exhausting.
-applause-
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 494, Creative wrote:
Ricastle

In post 489, Ricastle wrote:
Ricastle
is definitely town!

I was waiting someone to question me why? value play fail, *sad face*

You didn't wait long enough, I would have replied that your post was missing a "because" clause. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”