Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

The deadline is one week away.

The Votecount is invisible.

3 remain
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

You know the mafia won't lynch themselves. Get to it. Prods going out tomorrow, deadline is 4 days away
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

We can't no-lynch today. We need some more discussion to take place.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Nanook. Day 3, you said:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I don't have a pbpa yet on either Jalyn or CO due to their being a busy holiday and what not
Fair enough. But here's what you said today:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I'm not doing any sort of pbpa on these two players ...
I know that neither Jalyn or I posted that much, but if anything, it makes a pbpa easier because of the smaller number of posts to analyze.

In the same post I just quoted, you said:
NanookTheWolf wrote:Let me just say first off that I'm absolutely shocked that I'm still standing here as I was sure that Adel would've killed me off.
Why did you think that? As soon as YogurtBandit turned up town, you knew that you wouldn't be the vig target.

When YogurtBandit claimed cop, you said:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I don't find "breadcrumbing" as some call it to be as much of a pro-town thought as I do that of scum .. Not saying that I think Guardian is scum, but I find YB's reaction to Guardian's claim to be more so town-like by voting for him quickly after Guardian's claim as I too would probably do the same thing.
Alright, so you thought YogurtBandit's claim was town-like...
NanookTheWolf wrote:Then we had another cop claim from YB, which with the timing of it made me feel that he was scummy.
...and now you don't. Also, in that first quote, you seemed a little protective of Guardian. It doesn't necessarily condemn you, but it aroused my suspicion a little.
NanookTheWolf wrote:If guardian is scum, I'm just letting you know now that by killing me you are doing bad things for the town come tomorrow.

If he's town, you might as well go for it as this game is practically dead at that point anyway.

Oh, and I claim townie btw.
I just don't like how it was worded..."by killing me, you're doing bad things for the town"...that insinuates a power role. But then you say, "oh, btw guys, i'm townie lol" It just doesn't sit right with me.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Jalyn »

I've been waiting for:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I'm not doing any sort of pbpa on these two players ...

I will however take a look at the posts again and see what I can gather, but I doubt highly that it will be much as neither player was ever really active.
Of course we can't no lynch. We have three days left, right?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Yeah. Nanook, if you don't post within the next day, you'll be getting my vote.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

If you guys look through that whole me outing the cop bit early on in the game, you'll see that Guardian voted for streeflo (not random voted), This little bit caught my eye, then I saw the breadcrumbing .. which is something that I find to be scummy, so I changed my vote to guardian and went from there. I don't know how else to explain that situation. Obviously it was something that I wasn't to far'fetched about considering that Guardian turned up scum along with Streeflo, it may sound like wifom, but that's what caught my eye so early on in the game.

I'm a little skeptical of ChaosOmega right now only because up until his 32nd post he either defended me, or was on my side so to speak .. suddenly, that wasn't the case anymore, just threw me off I guess.

Jayln, I don't what to say any further to you then what I already have .. I can't defend the Guardian thing any more then I already have and the pbpa thing really isn't my style .. I know I considered doing one, but I came back and stated that it wasn't going to happen.

I've read through both of your posts, and nothing really strikes me as odd as both of you helped lynch streeflo and guardian.

CO has been pretty consistent in the game, except for the early point I stated. Jalyn is harder for me to read as he replaced later in the game and has few posts, I was not suspicious of Dogmom as much so as others, so if I had to vote right now, it would be ChaosOmega.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Deadline is 2 days some 12 or so hours away. I'll set a definate time if things seem to be stalling
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Your last post, you were leaning towards Jalyn. Now, you're leaning towards me. Which is fine. Except it seems your only reason for this shift is because I stopped defending you as town. Seems a little paranoid to me.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Tick Tock. You got 48 hours
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vote: Nanook

We're running out of time, we have to make a choice. My gut says Jayln, but my head says Nanook. I really hope I'm not wrong.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

You're making the wrong move ... *Waits for Jalyn to pounce*,

Sorry if I wasn't a good town player in this situation, but I have a hard time analyzing players who replace into a game and/or don't really post in the game.

I leaned towards both of you being scum .. both more so then the other and so forth, so congrats to the scum for their victory on this one.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Jalyn »

vote:Nanook
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 am

Post by theopor_COD »

The three remaining townsfolk had pondered for nigh on two weeks of the best course of action to take. ChaosOmega and Jalyn finally decided that NanookTheWolf had committed one sin too many and plumped for him, the pair of them lifted Nanook into the gullotine, ChaosOmega with fear etched over his face, Jalyn with a somewhat more happier outlook, the hammer fell down swiftly on Nanook - Jalyn strode forward and revealed him to be . . .

NanookTheWolf, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

Quickly she turned around and faced the pityful face of ChaosOmega, swiftly she drew her gun and fired several bullets into his sad face, he fell to the floor with a deathly silence and was revealed as . . .

ChaosOmega, Vanilla Townie, Town Aligned

Happily Jalyn turned on her heels and headed towards the pub, for a victory drink she alone now ruled the land of Theoville and would have complete control of its destiny.

Jalyn, Godfather, Mafia Aligned
wins along with Guardian and Streeflo.

Cheers all for playing, I'll post some more thoughts when I get the chance.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm not at all surprised that the mafia won. After Day 2 the game just fell apart.

I didn't last long enough to do much, but I am extremely puzzled by the town's behavior. Why on earth did you lynch our cop? He even had a guilty result! Day 3 was just unbelievable.

I also really don't understand why everyone was so suspicious of Nanook. Why did everyone seem to think that one mafia member would "out" another as cop? That doesn't make any sense to me. The fact that Nanook noticed and revealed Guardian's breadcrumbing made me think he was a townie, not scum.

I feel like the town basically beat itself.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Um, our cop had innocent. Guardian said guilty.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Wow, that was a trip! First game won on mafiascum, wooh :). Of five that have finished -.-.

I have to say I really liked how my scum team played, considering we had a godfather that never got investigated vs. three town power roles.

I agree somewhat that the town was at fault, but
Streeflo, that was an absolutely amazing tracker claim
you pulled off! Major, major props. Jalyn, winning endgame was crucial as well, well done! It was a pleasure guys, thanks.

Especially Streeflo, he was quite humble about his playing in night chat, but in the end he played excellently!

Jalyn suggested killing MeMe night one, and I convinced the team otherwise -- firstly I felt bad to metagame MeMe like that, secondly I thought I had a decent case on her, and thirdly I thought Erotomachia actually had a good idea of what was going on, too. It turned out that MeMe was a much better play as she largely convinced the town that I was faking and because YB investigated her. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. She theoretically could have been doc protected, though -- we shall see.

I knew YB was a real cop, obviously, but we were going to try and get him lynched day two so he wasn't the play.

I also knew Adel was the vig after day one, but I did *not* want her dead as her vigging wasn't really helping the town that much; sadly it did in the end with Streeflo getting obviously killed, but I was happy to keep Adel around to vig YL, the doc who I was obviously paired with :lol:.

YL I never had any idea was a doc, but it was easy to pair myself with him and Nanook so I took the opportunity and it worked out.

Jalyn, I honestly question busing me day two, but it worked out in the end, so well done :). A CO lynch would have been crucial, but it might have been suspicious, so all's well that ends well. You were very much right about killing MeMe, hehe.

It was great fun playing with all of you, I loved the entire cast -- thanks for the experience!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Guardian »

Theo -- great modding -- I love the 2 week deadlines, the night scenes, the setup even -- thank you for it. I sent theo some funny PMs over the course of the game, lol, including one where I predicted day 2 that Nanook would be our last mislynch if we managed to win.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

YagamiLight wrote:Um, our cop had innocent. Guardian said guilty.
I mean that YB had a guilty on Streeflo, right? I couldn't believe that YB was lynched after that.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

So I picked all 3 scum correctly day 2, and proceed to not lynch either of them.

That blows.

Every game I've finished, I've voted for the wrong person and was endgamed.

Day 2 twilight, YogurtBandit was acting really suspicious. Factored in with the somewhat believable tracker claim, I thought he was scum.

And then Day 4, Jalyn posted a nice analysis of both players, and Nanook didn't post much of anything.

Good game scum.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Night Actions from what I can recall

Night One
Cop Yogurt investigates MeMe - Innocent
Doctor Yagami Light protects Yogurt
Vig Adel kills Battle Mage
Mafia kill Erotomachia

Night Two
Cop Yogurt investigates Streeflo - Guilty
Doctor Yagami Light protects Yogurt
Vig Adel kills Yagami Light
Mafia kill MeMe

Night Three
Vig Adel kills Streeflo
Mafia kill Adel

Gotta say a great list of players, if ever I get the opportunity to mod again, which I'm sure will happen one day then having you all in the game would be a helluva blessing. Thanks all.

As for the game itself I've got to hand it to Guardian and his cop claim, if it wasn't for MeMe I think they'd have snuck through on Day Two aswell. Certainly ballsy and Nanook picking up the breadcrumbing that early has certainly helped me look out for similar in other games . . . Streeflo's claim worked wonders aswell. The endgame I felt was inevitable following Jalyn's bus of Guardian day two.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Actually, I protected Guardian Night one. Also, Theo same as Guardian said, I loved having the deadlines, and great night scenes.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

My apologies that's what I get for not checking my PMs.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Adel »

I think I was more of a liability to the town than a benefit.

Day 3 went pretty badly. YB seemed to have so many liabilities, and Streeflo presented his case so cleanly that I didn't have too much doubt that YB was the correct choice.

I think CO made his choice on the last day for the right reasons. I probably would have made the same decision.

I really enjoyed this game, and playing with all of you.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Yay for Jalyn in the endgame! It was rather anticlimatic, but whatever XD.
I really didn't think there would be a doctor, so when YL died, it was like a blessing. Yay!

I breadcrumbed tracker early on so that I could possibly fake a result on Yogurt and say that I didn't see him make a nightchoice, but then I realized that was a bad idea. Plus, Guardian got lynched. =(

I wanted to kill Adel the 2nd night, but Jalyn convinced me to MeMe in the end. That turned out to be the better choice, because I think MeMe would have seen through the tracker claim. Truthfully, I really didn't think anyone would believe me, especially when Adel posted right after "Oh great, another scum fakeclaim. Just when things were getting dull"
I thought Adel would be a townie. But when Guardian declared a guilty result on him, that was the exact moment when the scum almost got screwed over. Still remember MeMe saying "I almost feel sorry for scum right now." Haha XD.

Anyway, thanks for great modding Theo. I loved my mafia team. First time playing as scum, and you guys were great. =D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by MeMe »

Scum definitely earned the win.

I echo Eroto's confusion over YB's lynch...though he was disturbingly nutty, he was obviously the cop. Of course, when you're in the thick of it,
nothing's
ever completely obvious. :)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”