mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1922, singersigner wrote:With regards to the content you felt I had given at that point, what exactly did you have a problem with?
Everything?

Like.
You said it yourself.
Scum are trying to trick town, throw shit around, blend in, and make enough noise that people get distracted.
You've thrown shit around, attempted to blend in, made enough noise to try and distract people, and I believe in an effort to trick the town.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by singersigner »

Like...you say that...and yet...I really don't think you
mean
it...

In all seriousness, though, I really need you to be held accountable for the specifics, particularly the three-four posts I made before the first time you addressed me.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Seriously? You wagon me exactly as I leave for a meet? That's really dumb. I'm on my iPad right now so I'm not really in a position to go back and quote several posts and do this with the proper rigour but here's what I think about the votes on me from what I remember of rushing through the ten fucking pages you posted overnight.

Bulbazak: What you're right about: my bane vote on you was a compromise (hadn't fully reread the thread yet, nothing else was going to happen, didn't have an exact vote count around but had the impression I was the -1 vote or similar). What you're wrong about: my vezok boon vote was not blindly sheeping ffery. Go back in my iso to that point. Ffery offered me three choices when I asked but I explained clearly why I chose vezok of those three, and she agreed with my reasoning, not the other way round (not that I influenced her read, just that I clearly wasn't parroting). Your analysis of my relationship to the TTH wagon also doesn't take into proper account my posts on TTH before the end of Minor Day and around my discussion with her when she showed up. You're also the one who started this wagon at literally the worst possible time to give me as town time to deal with it appropriately. You were already on my list of suspects. This doesn't make me feel better about you, but I don't want to scumread you
just
for scumreading me because enough people are doing it that at least some town are likely just wrong.

Titus: I don't understand why you're voting for me. If your only reason is sheeping Bulba, meh. I understand why you'd do that given your stated read on Bulba but it's pretty annoying. You've played twice with me as town recently, in Orient Express and Uncouth, and I'm surprised a little that you don't see similarities. I think you're wrong town, though. I hit that read early and I haven't seen any reason to doubt it.

Shadoweh: Even more than Titus, I don't understand why you're voting me. I can't remember your history of reading me too well as I just associate you with my own inability to read you either way, so I don't know if you should know better. But I guess you get townpoints for being the only one to bring up the subject of my V/LA, ecen if you then threw that away by voting me. But yeah, I'd like you to explain clearly why you have me so high in your scum list.

Singer, you're not voting me but I can see your suspicion. If the only reason I'm so high in your suspect list is paranoia, that's fucking lame. The only reason I was even that townread in RRR was Nexus bus cred. I think my play looks pretty different to that game already, and I'm a bit surprised that ffery hasn't noted the same.

You maybe have a few minutes to ask me stuff while I wait for more people here to wake up.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh and CES says to tell singer that we're town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:47 pm

And both he and I want to tell GiF that he's not allowed to swap with ika.
#greenshirtthursdays
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

You're...not...high on our scum list? You're mutually read as "whaaaaat is this person" by myself and Regfan. I did express a paranoia at the beginning of my replacement but you've since been gone as I've been playing catchup so I haven't really had time to cultivate a better read. Hence, the bolded "null in no particular order" read.

I like tomatoes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1923, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 1919, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1834, Shadoweh wrote:Town: Titus, Tammy, Deevees, vezok, TSO
Like.
People keep telling me Empire was town.
And I see that slot, and I just go..."nope".

People keep telling me DV is town.
And I wonder what the heck the town is smoking.

yeah. The town is high and you are sober, not the other way around.

Also it seems like we don't want to lynch scum. Tell me when we decide something else.

Mastina, you are stepping into a category that I usually fall into. Ignored because crazy. You are not really articulating your positions just stating conclusions. They are conclusions that are incomprehensible to most.

Also, it's far too early to do VCA without a flip.

The only question is: Are you emulating what I do naturally or as scum?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Titus »

@CDB, Uncouth does not help your position at all. You were not any semblence of a leader in Uncouth Mafia and here you pick a counter pressure wagon which makes zero sense whatsoever.

Your pity plea combined with discrediting is not helping.

If you played with me, you would also know how I rarely rely on meta.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

Gut reaction to mastin's posts is town, but I'll reassess tomorrow.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:58 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 49 (Major Day 1, VC 12)

(3)
Espeonage:
mastin2, ChannelDelibird, Cheetory6 [L-7]
(3)
ChannelDelibird:
Bulbazak, Titus, Shadoweh [L-7]
(2)
TellTaleHeart:
Tammy, Marquis
(2)
Marquis:
TellTaleHeart, Espeonage
(1)
Bulbazak:
Gammagooey
(1)
Aronis:
vezokpiraka
(1)
singersigner:
Aronis

(6)
Not Voting:
Actiondan, DeasVail, GuyinFreezer, T S O, Untrod Tripod, singersigner
(Aronis, Shadoweh)

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

Tammy is V/LA until April 20th. CDB is V/LA until April 17th. T S O is V/LA until April 17th.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:10 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm liking the people on espe wagon, but I don't really get the case on him.
I find him kinda scummy though.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Espeonage »

I am sorry you feel that way.
Don't @ me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1907, singersigner wrote:@Ffery...Regfan would like me to remind you to clarify your town read on Titus.

Town-Titus tends to be more fluid and reactive to data hitting the game thread during the early game. She has a focus later in the game on a sort of simplistic looking (to me anyway) VCA that drives me batshit crazy, but I won't have to deal directly with it in this game. her scum play is way more agenda driven and shows much less reaction and flexibility. Nacho also has her as strong town.

The one thing that stands out a little is how her team is apparently affecting her play. I'm not seeing much of this so far of other players, nor in other games. It goes beyond team-informed reads. It's affecting her play style in ways that I haven't seen from her in the few times I've played with her as a hydra. It's a curiosity to me more than a worry given my overall impression of her stances and her lines of questioning.

Can you explain RegFan's read of her to me?

He would also like me to pass along his reads list...I'm not really sure how to do that without actually C/Ping it, so...

Let's just say that these reads more or less go in descending order of towniness:

Vezok ***[/quote] - agree
DV ***
- agree
Cheer ***
- agree
[Gap]
TSO ***
- he's null-town to me. I'm growing (more) concerned about that relayed cabd reachout that didn't go anywhere.
Tammy ***
- the strength of our read here is much more townward, and quite a bit of our initial scumread of your slot had to do with what I consider to be a mindbogglingly horrible misread of her. Nacho, if anything, reads her more strongly than I do. The kind of read that if you get wrong, you question why you play mafia at all.

[Gap]
Aronis
- I'd like to hear more about this read
Bulb
- and this one
GIF *

Marquis *
- how has Marquis play over the last couple calendar days affected this read?
Esp.
- scum read
Titus *
- we clearly differ here and I'd like to understand more about why
Mastin
- mastin has been a null to null-scum read to me prior to last night and Nacho hasn't mentioned her at all so far. I'm leaning town somewhat from her recent posts. When she's town, I find that she tends to be a self referential tidepool in a game that for me resembles churning waves and strong eddies.
UT *
- our read has gone in the town direction after initially thinking he's scum.
CDB ***
- similar to UT.
Gamma *
- both Nacho and I are leaning town.
AD
- scumread.
[Gap]
TTH
- scumeread
Shadoweh ***
- I have no idea how to read early-game Shadoweh and the vaguest ideas how to read her later in the game. Nacho thinks the stuff that has pinged for me makes sense from town-Shadoweh, so overall leaning town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:20 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

So mastin is town rite

In post 1929, ChannelDelibird wrote:And both he and I want to tell GiF that he's not allowed to swap with ika.

lolololol
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Titus »

Probably, GiF.

Still keep ika on speed dial. He provides a unique perspective, even if we cannot see eye to eye or understand each other. This game is full of people who tend to overanalyze than go with their gut for the most part. Having someone on the far end of the other end of the spectrum can help us avoid groupthink.

I'd like his reads on CDB, singer, and Espy, if you wouldn't mind. I know he's watching. He stalks all of my games.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1906, singersigner wrote:
In post 1904, Aronis wrote:VOTE: singersigner

I just didn't feel like her scumreads were legit or genuine and after reading Shadoweh's last post it solidified what I was thinking.

Not legit scumreads?!?

Lol.

Walk me through this. What about my reads are disingenuious?

Who do you think is scum (ignore your current vote on me for a hot second)?

You can make up a scumread for any reason and that's exactly what you're doing. I feel like you got your scumreads out of thin air by just picking some things that were null and trying to explain it into being something scummy.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1913, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1682, Untrod Tripod wrote:mastin is a derp, but what's new.
(Says the person who just said vezok could be scum. And witnessed me nail basically every anti-town in Drawn on Arrival save for one who died via NK during the night that was null. I do do derping, but no matter how much derping I do, and no matter how mediocre my play, I am not myself a derp.)

was that even English
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Marquis »

so much ego so little time
link in bio
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Tammy »

Marquis am I interpreting you correctly that it bothers you that you don't feel better about a town read on me? Do you think you should be strongly town reading me?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Marquis »

i think you're probably town but the thing that bothers me most is that i don't have anything that feels like a valid reason why. call it partially gut but i'm nervous about it because i think a large part of it is "tammy would choose town" which simplifies to "tammy is always town" in my head and if there's any game where i shouldn't be doing that it's here and i think a lot of people townreading you vaguely also have similar reasons. and if there were ever a time to capitalize on that meta as scum it'd be now too and mostly i'm just concerned about blind townreads and also about the weird backlash against anyone suggesting you still could be scum. i guess i could see scum adding onto and making the townreads on you seem a lot bigger, but it just feels more like a lot of town are just taking you for granted and it's making me kind of ehhhhhh at it.

kind of rambly or at least it looks like it on mobile but getting back to your question right now i'm kind of upset because i want to just toss you in the townreads and forget about it along with everyone else as usual but this game is making me force myself not to which i'm glad i'm doing but also annoyed because i think if i were just able to try and treat this like a normal game it'd feel a lot easier/lighter on me.
link in bio
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Tammy »

The reason I ask is that the last two games we played together where we were town/town you suspected me quite a bit. In unbalanced you had me as pretty strong scum until the point at which I killed other scum and you thought my miller SK claim could be legit after all. And in Winter's Night you accepted the universal town reads on me day one, but then day two thought that I didn't seem happy enough and not obvtown and put me in your suspect pool.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Marquis »

iirc i was ignore-townreading you in hu2 until you claimed vig and while i thought there could be a small chance of multiple vigs i think i kind of confbiased for dumb reasons.

don't really remember winter's ball at all, like i even remember random skype mafia sessions with you more than that.
link in bio
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:39 am

Post by singersigner »

I like less spam posting! It's making it easier to catch up. :]

@UT...how do you feel about my recent debate with Titus based on your ? I didn't see you comment on it at all even though it seems to be something you were also cautious of at one point.

I like tomatoes.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1946, Marquis wrote:iirc i was ignore-townreading you in hu2 until you claimed vig and while i thought there could be a small chance of multiple vigs i think i kind of confbiased for dumb reasons.

don't really remember winter's ball at all, like i even remember random skype mafia sessions with you more than that.

I'd have to look back to unbalanced. From what I remember when shos investigated me night one, Bulbazack said it was an overwhelming neighborhood call for me to be investigated because all of you thought I was scum. You didn't post all that much day one, and day two I remember you just posting my posts with "why aren't we lynching this" or something like that.

It just makes me wonder why you think you should have me as a town read.

I mean I do get why someone would wonder if I'd subvert meta to try to get scum, and I don't really have much to say about that except being scum is very stressful for me and takes a lot out of me. My main problem as scum is the extreme guilt I feel for fooling and manipulating people. There's just too much on my mind right now to be able to handle that too. If it were a month from now, I might have considered trying to get scum, but not right now.

I don't think the town reads on me are blind as I think there are good reasons to town read me. I think my only backlash right now is on espy who is not making any sense. He says he doesn't know how to read me, then calls my scum and town tone similar - which would suggest he thinks he has a handle on that, says I'm easier to read when I'm happy, then when asked for specific reasons to scum read me he brings up some weird ignoring a reach out reason, but the only reach out I did ignore was empire, but he said that's not what he's talking about, he claims that he gets reads through interactions, so he should have interacted with me about that, but instead he just keeps calling me scum and crapping on my reads without wondering why I have them or arguing against me getting a boon, and then instead of discussing his read with confirmed town he's asking an unknown for back up because "rapport". None of this makes sense to me or feels like he's actually trying to discern my alignment. And bulbazack literally asked me what I thought about mollie's scum read on me.

What are your thoughts on TTH?

~~~

Because I'm a loser who sucks at keeping dates straight, I should be able to catch up here tonight. Tonight will probably be the last night that I can do anything in depth until my v/la ends though. Mostly until then, I'll be posting sporadically after skimming unless I just need a break.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1781, Bulbazak wrote:@UT: Were you prepping a Vig fake claim?

*twitch*

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”