BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:58 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Your activity has picked up recently.

You have most definitely been lurking for the majority of this game.

Also, when you post, it's full of nothing. Short bursts of posts that contain nothing.

Quantity means jack shit.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by ika »

In post 801, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Your activity has picked up recently.

You have most definitely been lurking for the majority of this game.

Also, when you post, it's full of nothing. Short bursts of posts that contain nothing.

Quantity means jack shit.

A post has words, that is something. A post has meaning that is something.

you have yet to tell me how mypost have "nothing" or mean "nothing"

also you have been caught lying congradulation you have now stooped down to my level of play
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.06Cogito Ergo Sum (4) - Tammy, Ankamius, ika, Antihero
Ankamius (2) - Zachrulez, Cogito Ergo Sum
ika (2) - BlueBloodedToffee, theelkspeaks
Cheery Dog (1) - Regfan
Regfan (1) - Cheery Dog

Not Voting (1) - Psyche

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, April 25, 2015, at 4:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-04-25 16:30:00).

Moderator CommentsTammy is V/LA until April 20.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

What's your read on me Ika?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 746, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Regfan, you must be able to see that 726 is a town-looking post. Can we just lynch Ank today? He is so scummy.

The issue I have with it was the lack of reads/stances from him, really really needed that, starting to see it in and and and feel much better about him being town due to them, the first and third reading the most genuine. Also you're not reading CD's whole "my teams old ancient reads exist and are x/y/z" as a huge scum-tell and something that reads as faked (If they were legit he'd have mentioned them earlier). Still have a few reservations on Ank but I'm willing to concede that my town read that I had on him is completely dead and I may have been wrong there.

Really like and can follow all of Zachs reads and stances in .

The Ika-BBT interaction are really starting to piss me off, fairly sure you're both town here, you're both not helping anyone by taking snide little comments towards the other person and you're making the thread a) More frustrating to read and b) More inflated making it harder for players/teams to keep up with. Quit it out, please or if you're really convinced the other is scum (You'd very likely be wrong) then make a big case post on it rather than having one line back and forths.

Actually really like Anti's explanation for the Psyche scum read in , the "team-mates told me" section was something I also had an issue with since it doesn't really make sense at all and the fact that he's dodged any attempt to state reads when I've pushed him for them is also something I'm disliking, might carve out time to do a proper meta read through of him later to see if I can get a feel on whether it's just a playstyle thing for him (The only mention of his meta Empire gave me before he replaced out was that Psyche lurks more as scum which is recent play kind of fits).

In post 796, Tammy wrote:Regfan - why would you really consider yourself a nightkill target over marble last night?

Ego.
I'm p much obvious town (Essentially universally town-read), active and I'd like to consider myself competent as town, thought the fact that there were a few players that scum read Llama during several points of yesterday (BBT/Ank to name a few) would have made me the more likely kill, also the fact that Empire was trolling me saying "ur ded tonight, rekt noob" before abandoning us. Now that you're here I'd like your read and explanation on BBTs meta because from what Oversoul pointed towards it's fairly contradictory with the meta that my team are using on him and please don't give me "It'll out my alts!" excuse, TM and being able to understand and follow your thought process on him here (P much if we're misreading him we need to know asap) is more important than alt identity.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

My team just replaced 2/4 members, so hopefully we'll have some fresh takes on this soon.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Regfan »

Updated:

Town (S->W):
Tammy, Zach, BBT, Ika, [Gap], Elk, CES, Anti.
Null:
Ank
Scum (S->W):
CD, [Gap], Psyche

I'll be in and out for the next hour or two if anyone wants to have a real-time conversation with me but the upper section of my town reads are ones that I'm very confident in at the moment, my town-read on Elk has weakened a little lately (Don't like his "not TvT" stance or explanation but every time I go back and reread I have trouble seeing it come from scum), still missing the CES scum-reads and feeling better about Anti now.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sorry for the double post but should mention had some difficulty with the CES/Anti placements (I'm reading a lot Anti's recent stuff as genuine and town and can follow the thought process on it but still dislike the lack of detailed explanation re; the "wagon is mehhh" comment in and I'm nowhere near as sold as Tammy as the "Not knowing Nacho was dead" in is genuine).
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Antihero »

a good topic for your next post, reg: defend your CES townread.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 797, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:784 - Anti, I'm not even entertaining your scum read of me.

You don't think ika has lurked this game? I must have a different definition of lurking to everybody else.

None of ika's team are 'scum heavy hitters?' WTF is that shit, it's not like ika (or his team) would need to be a scum mastermind to play this game in the manner he has.

no

if you want a point of reference, go take a quick look at his ISO in drawn on arrival sometime.

THAT'S classic scum ika.

i'm telling you, this read is a loser but you keep beating the drum like it's something while neglecting a lot of other things that shouldn't. that's what has me concerned about you bbt.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ika: What are your current reads? I wouldn't complain about having GIFs reads either since I keep hearing he's paying attention to the game.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by ika »

In post 811, Ankamius wrote:ika: What are your current reads? I wouldn't complain about having GIFs reads either since I keep hearing he's paying attention to the game.

i havent been really reading the game gif and i agree that CES is scum though

other then that everything else is meh (im drunk also atm but soering and tired so im streamline mode)

your town
anti prob town
phyce could be scum
reg might be town
elk prob scum

everyone else i dont really care to sort or even see if they exist right now

whats yours?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

Regfan - it took me off guard when you seemed surprised not to have bern killed because I would have bet money on marble being the nightkill last night. That's probably neither here nor there though because the game looks different from the outside than in.

I will talk about my bbt read, but that's something that will have to wait. I want to read back over day one and what's going on in this day phase and when my brain is functioning a bit better than right now. There is something about his interaction yesterday that is giving me slight pause but I want to think. But it was not ever a meta read. I thought his aggression felt fake, didn't like his thing about the tokens and interaction with marble. The only meta point was that I think he can be aggressive as scum. I'm not *that* big of a meta person and especially not with a small sample size. I really only use meta for giving strong reads for people that I think I have an understanding of how they approach the game and get reads, and even then I sometimes get it wrong *coughempireinadoiafupickcough*.

The point I tried to convey to you earlier was my comparison to the fringe game at westeros. That was the game where we disagreed on whiskeyjack day one (whom I do have a decent meta track of reading), he converted you night one and killed me night two. In that game I couldn't really explain why I was so convinced he was scum because on the surface he looked aggressive and townie, but the way he was reading the game didn't feel right and his reads felt fake. That's how bbt felt to me.

I'll probably point out the scum game I played with him as its a semi public alt anyway and will be public if someone makes the game they promised they would, but in the meantime would you link me to the games you guys have played together as I'd like to see how he's interacted with you. I did have a tiny theory yesterday that the two of you were partnered, but I'm thinking that was probably silly. It's still something I'd like to put to rest in my mind.

I will talk about that read more, just be a little patient with me.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Regfan »

Ika, run me through your teams thought process behind the town read on Ank and scum read on Elk. More detail the better.

Tammy, I still don't entirely get what you're talking about re; his "Aggression reading fake", I'm happy to wait till you have more time to explain it properly though. As for my meta with BBT, I replaced into Newbie 1495] where he was scum, you'll notice that his play there is a lot more robotic/mechanical in posting, there's less emotion, noticed something was off about his interaction with players there but then second-guessed and town-read him thinking he'd soft-claimed doctor. Replaced into Newbie 1551 afterwards where he was town and had a ridiculously strong town read on him there, his play was significantly different, I'll let you read it yourself and notice the diferences but I find his play there matches his play here much more than his scum game does. Singers meta with him is from Newbie 1573 where she was scum with him, went into her meta thoughts on him in .

In post 809, Antihero wrote:a good topic for your next post, reg: defend your CES townread.

Gone into it a few times already, it's a very weak town read but it's based of finding the tone on how he's referencing his past town games and how he wants to improve on that via winning this one as genuine examples of what I'm talking about are in , and . I also liked his request of getting a feel for everyones scum competencies towards Empire in and then towards Cadb in and again in . His reads and thoughts mirrored mine for majority of the day (With the main exception being his Ank read) which I find to be a hard town tell for scum to fake convincingly.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay I still feel good about my antihero town read. I had one reservation on tth in but I liked it at the same time. So kinda fence sitting there. What I didn't like about it was the bit about the setup discouraging bussing because yes, while I guess it does, I'm pretty sure people have won white flag by bussing, and there are experienced people on her team that would know that? But it also feels honest in the way she's using the setup to get reads. (I actually misremembered and thought bbt made that post). So yeah, that. I do like that post that antihero made about getting nacho's team to follow him when nacho's team is dead and antis aggression in some regards does feel town. I would be surprised if he replaced into a scum role here, but I also do know that he recently burned his meta to the ground in some game I can't remember right now, so. I think the only problem that I'm having with him is his over abrasive ness. Yes, he's typically abrasive as town, and he sometimes lurks as town because he's busy, but I guess what I've seen is an abrasiveness that is coupled with a sort of self-deprecation such as in serum and steel when he gave his reads and lamented that no one listens to him until it's too late whereas here he's like YOUR READS ARE SHIT RAWR which is throwing me for a loop. I wish he'd stop yelling at other people I think are town and be the anti I'd share a bottle of virtual wine with.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by ika »

for GIF:

lol teams thought process. ZZZX/Boon are not even following other than their own games and GIF is basically nonexistant for like next few weeks
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay I started town reading zach in and saw no reason to change it. There's not a whole lot to say about it. I'd just be so super surprised if he flipped scum here, I'd congratulate him on great first-level scum play.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

There's a really good chance I fall asleep before I'm done reading Regfan and looking at the games he linked. If I post tomorrow it will be in the midst of a panic fest.

(Sorry Regfan if you are as super town as you say you are because I'm sure you'd expect me to town read you by now without concern. In a vacuum I'd have you as town, but I did follow that one game where you were scum, the one where wake fake claimed on ffery, and I was hard town reading you there, so I know that when you really want to you can do what I expect from you as town. I don't *feel* like this is the case here; I just want to take a minute to be sure. Anyway this explanation is probably silly, but I know it's frustrating to have someone paranoid of you when you feel like you're being obvtown and you think they should be able to read you. I just want to be sure of my town reads because it seems like we're having somewhat of divergent reads here and I want to be able to balance that out without too much freaking out on my part. Regardless super happy to play with yu again in what has been too long a time.)

Completely expect someone too give me a hard time for being too accommodating in that post and here for being self-conscious! Blame my kumbaya moment on wine, lack of sleep, and a whole lot of stress elsewhere.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm also happy to play with CES again as its been awhile, I just think he drew scum :(
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh also zach too

Also everyone.

I'm just going to go to sleep.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 818, Tammy wrote:Sorry Regfan if you are as super town as you say you are because I'm sure you'd expect me to town read you by now without concern. In a vacuum I'd have you as town, but I did follow that one game where you were scum, the one where wake fake claimed on ffery, and I was hard town reading you there, so I know that when you really want to you can do what I expect from you as town. I don't *feel* like this is the case here; I just want to take a minute to be sure.

Nah, it's fairly understandable, I don't think this is anywhere near my most 'obvtown' game at all, my timezone and work schedule (Thankfully have today off) have made this game really hard to keep up with in live time which makes all my reads and catch ups feel like I'm just reading and analysing a game that I'm not even playing, makes for very limited interactions with other players and opportunities to enhance reads and I think I'm at my best when I'm able to work and discuss reads with players in constant communication, hopefully you replacing in helps that. And yeah, I'd consider that my best scum-game ever though I still think there's a fairly noticeable difference between that game an my town game (Though it's nice to hear I'd have tricked you as scum!).

While you're here what's your read on Ank/Psyche/CD at the moment?

Pedit: Lame. Night.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm still here! I probably won't actually fall asleep for a while.

I completely forgot that ankamius was playing until tonight when he asked ika what he thought of him. I still am not quite sure if ika respinded to bbt or ank, except wait I should. He's voting bbt so obviously he thinks bbt is svum. I don't know why he thinks Ank is town then. This is going to sound stupid but I think ank is trying to sound too protown. I haven't decided if I think it's a product of being scum or team mafia and wanting to make a good impression.

Psyche is too trolly for me to be able to read.

Cd is a big idk. His admittance to the token thing feels good. His vote and read on marble was bad. I just am not sure.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 822, Tammy wrote:I think ank is trying to sound too protown. I haven't decided if I think it's a product of being scum or team mafia and wanting to make a good impression.

wat
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

RegFan: Go look at CES' ISO and look at how he speaks to and about both Cheery Dog and me. Do you notice anything?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”