Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mokina wrote:No matter who the cop is, they should take into account the possibility of sanity issues. CES's reasoning makes a lot of sense, admittedly. Pointing it out would be very protown if he wasn't expecting a roleclaim.

Except he is. He wants the entire thread to know the cop's identity, and that's a rather scummy motive.

FoS: CES
Thanks for outing yourself as kilmenator's partner.

Why the frick would CES want the
whole thread
to know the cop's identity?
Wouldn't that key in the doctor to who the cop is? That, it seems to me, would be
bad
for scum. Now, I am in no way suggesting the cop should out themselves or drop hints or anything at this point (for all we know, the scum have a roleblocker, see prior argument re: directing the vig). Yet it seems the manner in which CES did it is decidedly
not
more likely to come from scum than town - note that he asked only one person, and even gave them an out and said they didn't have to answer. (Besides, scum hunt for cops at night with their buddies, not during the day, as they
don't
want the town to know who the cop is.) This attack is weak, opportunistic, and merely posing as scum-hunting. (I also thought the sanity-issues line was a pre-emptive attack on a power role, which is also scummy.)

Unvote: kilmenator, Vote: Mokina.
I'd vote kilmenator to avoid a no-lynch, but I'm more certain of Mokina.

I am 1000% against a CES lynch today.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Thesp wrote:
Mokina wrote:No matter who the cop is, they should take into account the possibility of sanity issues. CES's reasoning makes a lot of sense, admittedly. Pointing it out would be very protown if he wasn't expecting a roleclaim.

Except he is. He wants the entire thread to know the cop's identity, and that's a rather scummy motive.

FoS: CES
Thanks for outing yourself as kilmenator's partner.

Why the frick would CES want the
whole thread
to know the cop's identity?
Wouldn't that key in the doctor to who the cop is? That, it seems to me, would be
bad
for scum. Now, I am in no way suggesting the cop should out themselves or drop hints or anything at this point (for all we know, the scum have a roleblocker, see prior argument re: directing the vig). Yet it seems the manner in which CES did it is decidedly
not
more likely to come from scum than town - note that he asked only one person, and even gave them an out and said they didn't have to answer. (Besides, scum hunt for cops at night with their buddies, not during the day, as they
don't
want the town to know who the cop is.) This attack is weak, opportunistic, and merely posing as scum-hunting. (I also thought the sanity-issues line was a pre-emptive attack on a power role, which is also scummy.)

Unvote: kilmenator, Vote: Mokina.
I'd vote kilmenator to avoid a no-lynch, but I'm more certain of Mokina.

I am 1000% against a CES lynch today.
The problem thesp in the way that CES did all that was the way he basically said the cop would have a guilty on him. For a pro-town player, that doesnt seem very good. And basically by your submission here, you are stating that you think CES might be trying to gain info on someone to find out if they are the cop to protect them, wouldnt it stand to reason too that he could be scum hunting out the cop to target them tonight?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Thesp »

kilmenator wrote:The problem thesp in the way that CES did all that was the way he basically said the cop would have a guilty on him. For a pro-town player, that doesnt seem very good.
This is a reasonable argument/suggestion.
kilmenator wrote:And basically by your submission here, you are stating that you think CES might be trying to gain info on someone to find out if they are the cop to protect them, wouldnt it stand to reason too that he could be scum hunting out the cop to target them tonight?
I don't think CES was trying to find out if someone was cop so he could protect them. I am suggesting that outing the cop
in such a way
would be highly unusual for scum (especially if it turns out they
don't
have a roleblocker), and scum typically hide their guesses on whom the cop might be so that they can privately kill them at night. (Claimed cops draw doc protection way more frequently than unclaimed ones do.) The manner in which he asked ThAdmiral to claim if he was cop didn't feel scummy to me.

On that note, I'd like to ask:
Cogito Ergo Scum, are you a miller?
A simple yes or no will suffice, I don't want to hear any other details of your role, whether you have them or not. I also think all millers should claim.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Thesp »

Thesp wrote:
kilmenator wrote:The problem thesp in the way that CES did all that was the way he basically said the cop would have a guilty on him. For a pro-town player, that doesnt seem very good.
This is a reasonable argument/suggestion.
Re-reading CES's reaction jut now, it doesn't seem to as strongly indicate that he expected a guilty result on him as I first thought it might, based on your post, kilmenator. I think he's just got a terrible misread on why ThAdmiral was pushing him.

kilmenator, what do you think of Mokina?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:07 am

Post by Dagger »

kilmenator wrote:
Dagger wrote:
kilmenator wrote:@ Dagger-
Your case against me is that I have been pushing a CES lynch? That is your whole case? Because if that is your case, that is a pretty ridiculous case.
It's not that you have been pushing for his lynch, but it's more of how you went about to push for it.
And what was scummy about that?
Very. "nudge, nudge, lynch CES, don't mind me, nudge, nudge".
Thesp wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum, are you a miller?
A simple yes or no will suffice, I don't want to hear any other details of your role, whether you have them or not. I also think all millers should claim.
If he is, he'll say. You definitely don't need to ask.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Dagger wrote:If he is, he'll say. You definitely don't need to ask.
I don't know if he would if I didn't ask. I do, however, want to know.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

If I am indeed a Miller, I'm not aware of it.

And I just suspected Admiral had a guilty on me because he seemed 100% sure that I was scum (Finding scum partners before my alignment was confirmed either way, and such).
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Thesp »

CES's response feels genuine to me.

Die Mokina die.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Mokina »

Thesp wrote:Why the frick would CES want the whole thread to know the cop's identity? Wouldn't that key in the doctor to who the cop is? That, it seems to me, would be bad for scum.
Quite honestly, the cop should be making his/her own choices about when to stay undercover and when to reveal. I'm slightly bothered by CES's attempts to expose said cop as early as D2, not to mention the suspicious roleblocker claim. The latter doesn't seem like a plausible story in this setup. On the other hand, there are definitely plenty of mafia who stand to profit from CES's rolefishing.
Thesp wrote:Thanks for outing yourself as kilmenator's partner. Die Mokina die.
Nice to know you're not jumping to conclusions. I've noticed you're being very defensive of CES today. Care to comment?
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mokina, emphasis added wrote:
Thesp wrote:Why the frick would CES want the whole thread to know the cop's identity? Wouldn't that key in the doctor to who the cop is? That, it seems to me, would be bad for scum.
Quite honestly, the cop should be making his/her own choices about when to stay undercover and when to reveal. I'm slightly bothered by CES's attempts to expose said cop as early as D2, not to mention the suspicious roleblocker claim. The latter doesn't seem like a plausible story in this setup.
On the other hand, there are definitely plenty of mafia who stand to profit from CES's rolefishing.
You think a town roleblocker is unlikely in this setup?
How?
(At least, that's the impression I got from your mention of the "suspicious roleblocker claim", correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also, that last sentence is just plain
weird
to me. ("...there are plenty of mafia who stand to profit"?) I also noted that I think
how
CES asked ThAdmiral about cop-ness is far more likely to have come from town (even if misguided), and you seem to have glossed over that in favor of the "well it's bad for town" route. This bothers me.

Do you think
how
CES asked ThAdmiral about being a cop is
more likely
to come from scum, town, or neither? Why?
Mokina wrote:
Thesp wrote:Thanks for outing yourself as kilmenator's partner. Die Mokina die.
Nice to know you're not jumping to conclusions. I've noticed you're being very defensive of CES today. Care to comment?
I've been mildly uncomfortable but accepting of the wagon earlier, as it was a reasonable one, but not exciting to me. Seeing how you've approached it bothers me a whole heck of a lot and makes me think more strongly that he's town being strung up by scum exploiting reasonable town.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:28 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Unvote

I'm beginning to think that ces is not scum.
However this does not mean that I automatically think Kilmenator or Mokina are scum.

I have to think about this.
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Dagger »

I would be very much interested in lynching kilm today and leaving mokina for tomorrow.

For now though, I am highly curious at to bertrand's point of view on the current matters.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Nai »

Mokina has informed me she's unable to continue playing the game, due to 4 weeks of upcoming inactivity. We're going for a replacement record here. Searching for another.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:33 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I am quite uneasy about CES. On one hand, we have the Roleblocker claim. Whilst I have little-no trouble believing the role itself, I can't help but feel a tad suspicious of the alignment, since I assume that this game is highly role based (especially due to the added Farkle-ness). That being said, it is still possible for a townie roleblocker. I am, however,
very
sceptical about the existence of a Miller Roleblocker...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Thesp »

somestrangeflea wrote:I am quite uneasy about CES. On one hand, we have the Roleblocker claim. Whilst I have little-no trouble believing the role itself, I can't help but feel a tad suspicious of the alignment, since I assume that this game is highly role based (especially due to the added Farkle-ness). That being said, it is still possible for a townie roleblocker. I am, however,
very
sceptical about the existence of a Miller Roleblocker...
Who said miller-roleblocker?
FOS: somestrangeflea
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:45 am

Uh, he's claimed Roleblocker, and you asked him if he was a miller...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Thesp »

somestrangeflea wrote:Uh, he's claimed Roleblocker, and you asked him if he was a miller...
Uh, he's asserted he's not a miller...
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:52 am

So? Sometimes Millers aren't told they're Millers. I was just speculating that, IMO, a Roleblocking Miller, who isn't told they're a Miller, is unlikely.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Thesp »

somestrangeflea wrote:So? Sometimes Millers aren't told they're Millers. I was just speculating that, IMO, a Roleblocking Miller, who isn't told they're a Miller, is unlikely.
How did you get the impression that he was, in fact, a miller?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:08 am

Because you asked him if he was one! I never assumed he was a miller, I'm arguing against there being a miller!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Thesp »

somestrangeflea wrote:Because you asked him if he was one! I never assumed he was a miller, I'm arguing against there being a miller!
It seems moot, since he said he wasn't. Your comment seemed out of place. I'm just terribly confused as to why you're going down this route.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:20 am

He said he wasn't a miller, but that doesn't mean he isn't. Nevertheless, I personally think that the chance of there being a Miller, who doesn't know he's a Miller, who's also a Roleblocker (which, for the purpose of this argument, we'll assume CES is), is quite unlikely.

The point, however, is fairly moo. I was merely thinking out loud about the setup...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Thesp »

somestrangeflea wrote:He said he wasn't a miller, but that doesn't mean he isn't. Nevertheless, I personally think that the chance of there being a Miller, who doesn't know he's a Miller, who's also a Roleblocker (which, for the purpose of this argument, we'll assume CES is), is quite unlikely.

The point, however, is fairly moo. I was merely thinking out loud about the setup...
Happy with my FOS. We don't have any reason to think he's actually a miller - the initial comment seems like throwaway suspicion rather than useful pondering.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Nai »

JordanA24 replaced Mokina.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Nai »

By the way, Kilmenator says he'll be gone for a week. If this proves to be too much of a problem (yeah, like that'll happen), he'll be replaced.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”