Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

That's some words there ffery

I disagree with a pretty decent chunk of the things you're bringing up there being townsfolk, notably that empire wouldn't be abrasive towards Martin and that he wouldn't go against some consensus things the way he did as scum (this is probably phrased slightly poorly but im phoneposting)

BUT there's enough there in the cheet and dv read explanations and the lack of consulting tone and some other explanations that I'll lay off singer for now.

I can do an actiondan lynch and be fine with it but personally I think I'd rather kill cdb here. I can probably go into a little more detail later tonight but its pretty much going to be an attempt to explain gut feelings. ffery if you strongly think AD is scum here I can probably just jump on and we can get that flipped.

UNVOTE:

P-edit: I do kind of want to hold off for a tiny bit longer until AD has a chance to post again but you can consider my vote on AD for when we're actually getting a lynch through in the next day or two.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: ActionDan

Ffery, I don't give a shit about group think. I give a shit about you never failing to read Empire and not treating you the way I felt in Uncouth.

I am glad you are trying to reach out to Mastina though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 am

Post by singersigner »

I've read up on most of everything that's happened in the last few pages, and I'm sure I missed a couple of things that I need to address so people might need to remind me, but...I don't really know how to respond right now... :oops:

(noted that I missed communicating all of Regfan's thoughts so will post those in a bit)
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:06 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 70 (Major Day 1, VC 32)

(8)
ActionDan:
DeasVail, singersigner, T S O, Espeonage, Aronis, GuyInFreezer, ChannelDelibird, Titus [L-2]
(4)
singersigner:
Bulbazak, mastin2, Shadoweh, Untrod Tripod
(Gammagooey)

(3)
Espeonage:
vezokpiraka, ActionDan, Cheetory6
(1)
Formerfish:
TellTaleHeart
(1)
TellTaleHeart:
Oversoul

(2)
Not Voting:
Formerfish, Gammagooey
(Titus)

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 25th, at 9PM CST.

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:14 am

Post by ActionDan »

Alright I looked through Singer's iso and I'd like preface this by saying the level of engagement with the rest of the playerlist is pretty amazing.

Also I think she's town. With a few ceveats.

It was often a bit difficult to follow reads because of the contributions by regfan were not overlapping with her own. However, Singer has managed not only to keep her reads intact and separated, but has managed to do so while developing them. The only one of importance that has remained untouched has been shadoweh's, but I'm pretty sure most everything else has had alterations whether small or big. That show's town motivation to constantly refresh reads and it's a feat that I think would be harder for scum to fabricate.

That said while I like this pattern in general, the most significant (and important to the gamestate) changes occur later and some of the reasons for them seem flippant to me. First and foremost my own; It's really upsetting to see a read flipflop (and very strongly) on me asking for some direction after being explicitly asked to work with others. Sure I've been in this game since the start but on the average past the first 30ish pages from which I didn't exactly have my head far into the game and which was dominated by a few far more vocal players, I might as well have been a replacee. 2ndly and lastly, The change of heart wrt Espeonage for a flurry of posts with Titus underwhelms me as does the stance that he's trying not to limit town's options when he was one of the main wagon anyway, which gives him an impetus to do that (not that he didn't resign himself to voting me anyway after and now is not around, after saying his own wagon was town driven).

I do like the change of heart wrt to TTH though. That looks a lot better than ^.

Besides this, the only thing Singer could have done better would have been to expand on her own reads a bit more timely. The TTH scum read was early, in fact the earliest, but there wasn't an explanation for it until a lot later. It would have been better than say, sparring with Titus about the wagon and her opinion of it for what seems like more than half of singer's ISO (at least the implications). I don't actually care much about this alignment wise besides an aside that Shadoweh's commentary on it was a bit over hostile but VERY understandable back god knows when.

So Yeah, I MUCH perfer Espe getting lynched over this slot.

Speaking of which.

@Ffery: Excuse me, if I fizzled out as you claim. I went to bed. Please tell me where Espe has been since he voted me? IT IS A MYSTERY
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

AD, Nacho doesn't feel like you've really addressed his concerns. I feel like town you would be trying to engage him more than me - the messenger.

he's really not sure what to make of your response to the wagon.

Nacho feels like CDB was correct about your response being kind of emotionally overblown, though he feels like your "I was gonna claim" post wasn't awful.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:07 am

Post by ActionDan »

Has Nacho addressed me in the form of a question? I only know of his opinion through you.

I trust his ability to read AD because of our experience together playing games with AD. I think if AD is town he would/will pretty quickly convince Nacho of it.

Like if there's something more tangible than this that you feel l should talk about that I haven't covered in other posts (whether I've conflated your own words/posting with his paraphrased is irrelevant to me) I'm open to it, especially if it relates to the content of my previous reads/posts.

I'll take a look at this emotional response meta thing that apparently Nacho says CDB is peddling.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:27 am

Post by ActionDan »

After reading, I don't think that the comparison should have any stock put in it. Ignoring my self-vote (which I remember was intentionally hugely overblown because that was desparation [unless this is the particular post that CDB is using to compare to this game, which would be inexplicable because of the obvious differences), I can see myself writing my posts in a tone that I could, and indeed have, written as town. So not only is it not an apt comparison to compare that to one post here, but this isn't that different to when I am post as town.

I can sort of understand CDB using this form memory because I was going after him there, so maybe it left an impression.

If you really want to see an emotional me look no further than the wire large theme from which I replaced out due to rage, the only time ever.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:37 am

Post by ActionDan »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4705348

This is almost uncannily similar to the offending post in this thread
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:51 am

Post by T S O »

I come bearing gifts! A readslist, from Kagami! And myrrh and frankincense also!

T S O
DeasVail
GuyInFreezer
Shadoweh
Oversoul
------------
ActionDan
Gammagooey
mastin2
Marquis
Bulbazak
TellTaleHeart
ChannelDelibird
vezokpiraka
Cheetory6
Aronis
Titus
----------------
Espeonage
singersigner
Untrod Tripod
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2953, hitogoroshi wrote:
VC 70 (Major Day 1, VC 32)

(8)
ActionDan:
DeasVail, singersigner,
T S O
, Espeonage, Aronis, GuyInFreezer, ChannelDelibird, Titus [L-2]
(4)
singersigner:
Bulbazak, mastin2, Shadoweh, Untrod Tripod
(Gammagooey)

(3)
Espeonage:
vezokpiraka, ActionDan, Cheetory6

Major Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-25 20:00:00)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 2959, T S O wrote:A readslist,
from Kagami!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by ActionDan »

yes I get it. Does that not affect you?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

Mina and I kinda don't want to lynch ActionDan anymore. :(

I like tomatoes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2957, ActionDan wrote:After reading, I don't think that the comparison should have any stock put in it. Ignoring my self-vote (which I remember was intentionally hugely overblown because that was desparation [unless this is the particular post that CDB is using to compare to this game, which would be inexplicable because of the obvious differences), I can see myself writing my posts in a tone that I could, and indeed have, written as town. So not only is it not an apt comparison to compare that to one post here, but this isn't that different to when I am post as town.

I can sort of understand CDB using this form memory because I was going after him there, so maybe it left an impression.

If you really want to see an emotional me look no further than the wire large theme from which I replaced out due to rage, the only time ever.

The wire game was an emotional game. I dunno. different sources maybe.

What is your Shadoweh read?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2961, T S O wrote:
In post 2959, T S O wrote:A readslist,
from Kagami!

so aside from AD where do your reads differ?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I think my ardor for an AD lynch is cooling.

I actually am pretty squicked that espe did a fade when his wagon faded.

Idic
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

^ I get what you're saying given the pace of the game but he posted a pretty decent amount early yesterday and I think he's still v. likely to be town here.

how do ya feel about cdb

and yes i said i'd go over stuff on him but i'm sick :<
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2967, Gammagooey wrote:^ I get what you're saying given the pace of the game but he posted a pretty decent amount early yesterday and I think he's still v. likely to be town here.

how do ya feel about cdb

and yes i said i'd go over stuff on him but i'm sick :<

we've been going through isos and although cdb isn't a strong town read for nacho and me he is a town read. when llamarble has time, we'll discuss our thoughts with him but for right now we're not sanguine about a cdb lynch netting scum.

Idic
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Notable ~Things~

* The tapering on/off of Esp's wagon to singer's wagon to Esp's wagon reads very much like scum not caring who the first mislynch is. I will defer to Regfan to interpret it more who he thinks is scum because of it...obviously Shadoweh is el numero uno.

* GiF funneling Ika's reads and thoughts strengthen our townread of him.

* Marquis has been pretty town but should actually either replace out or stop making excuses/dodging contributing.

* AD scum read has gotten stronger
conferring about this one

* TTHscum wouldn't try buying another day knowing she's fucked tomorrow, and her not trying to be survivalistic by genuinely reading me as town instead of hopping on the wagon reads town (I think I said this already?)

* Concerned about Oversoul/Tammy because why would Tammy replace out over Esp but not Zar? And why is Oversoul trying to start out with completely fresh reads instead of taking into account Tammy's?

* Cheetory's been delving into most of my paranoia with Titusscum, but now that Regfan is reinforcing my suspicions, I feel more confident with that. He doesn't like the way that she keeps sluffing off everything I say as not even trying or discrediting (to be fair, though, I have been doing a lot of it...just selectively when people are wrong!). She looks more like she's trying to fit in by appealing to her town reads and shirking some of the responsibility off in their direction rather than her own.

* Shadowehs still obvscum and her push/vote on Esp here is p bad yo.

I like tomatoes.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2964, fferyllt wrote:The wire game was an emotional game. I dunno. different sources maybe.

What is your Shadoweh read?

Btw fun fact; there are two wire games, both of which I was in.

My shadoweh read (one of like 2 at that time) has been a town one since 30 pages or so, but after looking over singer's iso and researching their back and forth, it's grown stronger.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Public Service Announcement

Team Gestalt is trying to shove about 4 days worth analysis into a day and a half. Our final words on who should be lynched first today are going to take a while longer, in part because we're goaded into perfectionism by circumstances. Please be patient with us. You know who we are trying to help win, and we're doing the best we can.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

gamma, talk to me some more about the lack of empathy thing please.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

hello Westeros

nacho and I are mentally counting up all the times we've claimed something for the sole purpose of surviving one more game day. we lost count. If tth confirms herself as town tomorrow, of course back off. That's an IF though.

Also, what happened to your Shadoweh read?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Shadoweh

nacho is in love with your iso. he was swooning over it until he noticed one thing: a town read on T S O. Plz do something about this so's not to break his heart.

Idic

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”