Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

We can't. It's just out of those who are present.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Haut Boy »

soupfly wrote:A quick question for you all: is defending the VI something a townie would do? By VI i mean a player who you aren't sure if they are a bad town player or a newb mafia.

From what I've read the VI is:
-fairly unreadable
-likely to get lynched early in game

As a townie, would you associate your reputation with the town with this player?
Throw the whole VI thing out. Seriously. Yeah, it's a bad playstyle that is likely to get a player lynched, but I'd say it's a bad idea to lynch someone just for playing like that until it becomes clearer where their alignments might be. Oh btw, throw out the WIFOM while you're at it.
soupfly wrote:I did a quick reread of the thread and something jumped out at me. Early on I got a lot of heat for what was really not a horrible attempt at identifying a page 1 tell. To recap, I questioned why Gator would insist on keeping his role if he was gonna be gone nearly a week. The way I saw it is that a vanilla townie wouldn't be as eager to hold their place as a power role would. Since cop was dead already it seemed like a plausible early stage tell. This is pretty logical thinking in my opinion and not a bad way to get the game started. Instead what happened is I start getting attacked. All of a sudden I found myself under a lot of heat from people questioning my logic and interpreting everything I was saying/doing as being scummy. At first I thought it was my fault for not playing well but the truth is that in large part people were jumping on any little thing they could to make me out to look guilty.
Why would you try to rolehunt? It's not strictly rolehunting, what you've described here, but it's quite close to it. There's no need to be thinking about speculating on the setup.
Jenter wrote:Jimmy keeps as silent watch on Streef. I have had a though that he may be a lyncher for Streef, but otherwise I am unsure why this is.
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.
Vote: Jenter

It's freakin' Day 1, and even though there was a normal night start, it's still way the hell too early to be speculating on setup! Though Oman (I think) seemed to miss this when he went over your post, this just set my scumdar going off immediately. Also,
Jenter wrote:I don't want to claim ,just people have been pressuring me for content and I wondered if that was what they meant.
Why would you think that's what we want from you? When people pressure you for content, they want you to comment on what's going on and try to contribute some of your own points, rather than posting sporadically and parroting what's already been said if your posts any content at all.
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 am

It was just a thought, no need to gwet so overheated about it.I was merely speculating on a reason for his one-man anti streef crusade.

And some people do want claims when they say content. You may not believe this, but some players think mafia is just bandwagons and roleclaims...
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Jenter wrote:It was just a thought, no need to gwet so overheated about it.I was merely speculating on a reason for his one-man anti streef crusade.
Pro-town players don't have any reason to be speculating on setup so early in the game. It's scum you're searching for, not power roles.
Jenter wrote:And some people do want claims when they say content. You may not believe this, but some players think mafia is just bandwagons and roleclaims...
And those players are the shittiest ones on the planet~♥
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:11 am

A) a lyncher is arguably a bad role for town to have around. While not actually scum, they're not powerole and are generally malignant.
B) true.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Jenter Brolincani wrote: Where are you, swing voters, and what do you have to say?
At work, unable to read or post much.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Streeflo »

Niv wrote: Agreeded as well. however, with this as the case i would like to ask those with scum pair predictions how you can format those without full town present?
Cause the scum is probably a trio.

Going for Niv is not a good idea. I agree that he looks townish so far.

Jenter, it might be time for a roleclaim. You're at L-1.

I can see a connection between Jenter and Soupfly though.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Streeflo »

::pokes mod::
Votecount please?
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:24 am

I want 1 more person, preferably more, to ask me to before I claim, since most people including myself seem opposed to the idea.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:26 am

Post by soupfly »

@Huat Boy - You just put somebody at L-1 with your second post. Most anti-town thing i've seen in 12 pages...
i am sofa king!
stupid...
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:26 am

Post by ThaiBoxerShorts »

There have been several strongly-argued pro- and anti-Jenter arguments. I won't bother to rehash them here. My bottom line is that I think Jenter is town because I think Gator is scum, and I don't think they can
both
be scum. At least, they're not both mafia. I guess it's possible that one of them is a serial killer or something.

For the record, I
do not
want Jenter to claim at this point (I don't see how that would be good for town this early in the game), but I also don't want Jenter lynched.

Jenter, do what you have to do to stay alive, but try not to do it quite yet unless you absolutely have to.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:45 am

Heck I didn't realise I was at -1!

Please, I hope you realise how foolish it is to have a speedlynch at this stage.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Oman »

Unvote

Jenter...I would really, really like a full defence from you, a claim would not be in order. And I've unvoted because I don't want scum to jump it then bus each other just so that we miss you.

As far as I see it. You're the scummiest, but this conversation is just fantastic. Now to post this before I do my long one so that no-one hammers while I'm typing (/imagine).
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Oman »

it's still way the hell too early to be speculating on setup! Though Oman (I think) seemed to miss this

I didn't "miss" it, I just don't think setup speculation is particularly scummy. I mean, its healthy if you want to look at ideas, but to force it out of people is scummy. Asking for a roleclaim is different to thinking about roles if you ask me.

Putting someone at L-1 in your second post is a bad thing, but considering your second post is actuall post number 276 on page 12. I'm willing to let it slide. Its not like there wasn't content to go through.

J-Broc
: Treat it as if my votes still on you. I want you lynched, but not while this sort of discussion is occuring.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Soupfly definitely feels townie to me, and I've read his recent posts about Jenter with interest. I think that the case against Jenter was mostly built up after he hypocritically asked for more content even though he himself was pretty inactive. But being a lurker does not make him scum. The case against Gatorguy is stronger. He's taken advantage of the Jenter bandwagon, and I believe that's the only reason his vote is on Jenter now.

vote: Gatorguy
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Streeflo »

I
think
Gatorguy is at L-1 right now.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I think he's at L-2. Soupfly unvoted.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Whoops.
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Haut Boy »

soupfly wrote:@
Boy - You just put somebody at L-1 with your second post. Most anti-town thing i've seen in 12 pages...
(Corrected the italicized typo.) My second post, yes, but as Oman pointed out, we've got 12 pages already; it isn't like it's still in the first five pages or anything.
Jenter wrote:Please, I hope you realise how foolish it is to have a speedlynch at this stage.
It's hardly a speedlynch. 12 pages is quite enough.
Jenter wrote:A) a lyncher is arguably a bad role for town to have around. While not actually scum, they're not powerole and are generally malignant.
But it's no use speculating as to whether there is a lyncher or any other sort of non-vanilla role (town OR neutral!) until it becomes readily apparent that there may be one, and that's hardly on day 1. Speculating like that is distracting to the town, because you're really supposed to be scumhunting.
Oman wrote:I didn't "miss" it, I just don't think setup speculation is particularly scummy. I mean, its healthy if you want to look at ideas, but to force it out of people is scummy. Asking for a roleclaim is different to thinking about roles if you ask me.
On day one, when you have little information on the other players, it's hardly healthy to be speculating like that.

I will examine Gator again.

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Oman »

[quote"Haut Boy"] when you have little information on the other players, its hardly healthy to be speculating like that [/quote]

You're right, as you say earlier, we should be speculating on who is scum, not about who is a lyncher, especially when the only reason is that he went after him.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by Niv »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Heck I didn't realise I was at -1!

Please, I hope you realise how foolish it is to have a speedlynch at this stage.
Umm....personally, you have still yet to properally defend yourself from even my attack, or i missed it, either way, you should do something.

whether or not you claim, idk, but i would love some defence or something. at the point i belive your defence is that your wagon is bunk. so i would like some logical explantion definding my previous acusations.

only claim if:

is absoultally necesarry to save you and you can't properally defend with logic
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Oman »

I hate quote tags.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:31 pm

Um, so, avoiding gator.
Why advoid him?
next in my scum books is jenter brocanti. she
HE!!
has been posting litle content all game, she is called out on and mentions it herself, then she says it will change. from that point she has posted little content.

i hate lurking it doen't fly. i would like to ask for a mod pro on Jenter Brolincani. her last post was on the 19th

also, i belive the posts where she
(he)
was around warrents a vote Jenter Brolincani

PBPA of jen:

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Vote; Streeflo

Because I feel like it.

for completeness

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I see soup's reasoning on this...

little help, little logic

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I'll post something wednesday as I'm busy at the moment.

first apoplogy. has little time to post a real responce, but has time to check the thread. a real responce can be short ans take less than 5 min btw

I don't like short responses. i can't get my thoughts over right, the last time I tried to play in short posts I got lynched d1 and I was the cop...

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
FoS; Gator for not defending himself properly and just calling fly's question dumb.

no content again, on the day supposed content was to come as well. whats up?

Lack of time. Sorry, but work DID hit me very hard at this point, I think it was a reasonable FoS and I gae reasons.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I believe metagamig is using examples of how people have played a scum or town in other games in arguments about how they are playing now.

defines metagaming. thank you....

My pleasure.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Just because you don't like style doesn't mean it deserves a vote.

umm.... still saying that you play like something as scum is an excuse for you to change playstyle around to avoid target. i play like tus as town, so i am playing like thus intentensionally to throw people off. all wifom, all bad.

Meh... fair enough, point taken here, but it's not the strongest of tells.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Gator's lurking in plain sight, he's posting no content at all (OK, i'm not either and I'm sorry about that) and Oman is defending him too much. I would say that a Gator Lynch (or at least putting pressure on Gator) would tell us a lot in terms of how the other players are playing with regards to him.

Vote; Gator

well, lurkes mentioning that they are lurking and then calling out a lurker. total hypocracy. and says that she will start posting content. and never does

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
@Niv; I've apologised. Sorry. I even said 'I apologise' when writing the vote post.

Oman, feel any need to tell us about your CONSTANT defnse of Gator right through the last 2 pages?

in heindseight, your appology dosent help unless you change

I apologised and it's all I can do. I was unexpectedly hit with more after writing tha.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I do't think I've directly defended soup once yet this game, have I?
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I see soup's reasoning on this...
QFT

Well blatent lie.

That is saying 'I agree' which in england we call 'agreeing' not 'Stop atacking him' which in england we call 'defending'.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I am attacking Gator because he looks scummy. Because his scumtells so far were in his lack of replying to Soup is neither here nor there, if you'd been attacking Gator and the same thing had happened i would have done the same most likely.

In general, I was worried about an early attempt to chuck soupfly in the pit without enough discussion and the fact that gator was in essence posting random cobblers which was generally without reasoning, sorry if it looked like I was overdefending him at times.

so you admit you were defending soup, change much. also, overe defending soup. it is all you had posted in way of ering to content all game
I wasn't defnding soup for soup's sake though, which s the point I've been trying to make. I was trying to defend soup somewht because I didn't want seeral players to go unnoticed for the whole day and go straight to night in a few plages with no play.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Of the active members, Gator does look rather bad, but since Streeflo, Erg0, Langley, and Zakk don't even seem to be playing, and Erotomachia isn't really posting enough, I'm at a loss as to a reasonable anaysis of all the players.

states that he cant read people beacuse of the lack of posting. just beacuse some arn't posting, you still can get a read on those that are. its not that hard even if we arn;t interacting with everyone

Meh, tha's just my playstyle. It's impossible to find scum from my point of view, because for all I know the scum are all lurking and the townies are just all mudslinging.

Niv wrote:
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Gator's lurking in plain sight, he's posting no content at all (OK, i'm not either and I'm sorry about that) and Oman is defending him too much. I would say that a Gator Lynch (or at least putting pressure on Gator) would tell us a lot in terms of how the other players are playing with regards to him.

You apologised twice for not posting much content. then you continue pressuring people who arn't posting too much, then, you add little content to the disscussion in your posts. add to that that you arn't posting much and i see hypocracy

also, in mafia and real life. appologies don't wourk unless you stop commiting the same crime

QFT

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
I need to do a read through really.

Gator has points against him but no more really than are against me. I believe replacements or at least prods are in order as I only have reasonable reads on Gator (probably the VI or scum), Soup(fine), Oman(aggressive town, good) and Niv(again probably fine although I'm not so sure). 5/9 is not good when you only have 2 scum.

If I had to lynch I'd say Gator as there's more to analyse (his reactions with soup early on, Niv being somewhat anti-soup then, and so on).

advocates lynching someone to gague reactions, which, in a mini is never good, losing anyone with out good proof.

NO, I advocated lynching one scummy person because his death would tell us more than any of the other scummy people.

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
That claim is wierd...

tell me how this helps as well?

in conclusion, jenter has miniscule content, has been asking for content from other players, and what content she posts is wifom at best. so i would like to:

Confirm Vote Jen

also, it is anoying to do a pbpa here. you dont have a multi quote button

I formulate ideas and hyptheses slowly, it's my playstyle. I've also been badly bogged down in work until now. Most of the argumnts against me are just 'he's been lurking and not posting much' you could say the same for many other players until now. Also, when the hell have I used wifom niv? That's pure bull. I know this response is pretty crappy and overly nasty and sarcastic in places, but I've just got up and I'm tired, so I'm really not sure if I care.

Good Day,

Jenter

P.S. I AM MALE FOR CRISSAKE!!
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by Jimmy R »

Streeflo wrote:
Niv wrote: Agreeded as well. however, with this as the case i would like to ask those with scum pair predictions how you can format those without full town present?
Cause the scum is probably a trio.

Going for Niv is not a good idea. I agree that he looks townish so far.

Jenter, it might be time for a roleclaim. You're at L-1.

I can see a connection between Jenter and Soupfly though.
I think I see it too.

You've not posted for a bit, Streeflo, any more views on everything thats happened since then?

Thai: You say you think Gator is scum and Jenter is town. I know you said you aren't going to rehash the arguments but what specifically makes you think this?

Mod, can we get a poke on Ergo please and an official VC?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by Oman »

Jenter, that is probably your first good attempt at defence, but if what you said is true, that you formulate hypothesises slowly, its 12 pages in I'd like to know what your hypothesis is now. Who do you think is the scum pair(/trio?)? Where do you rate everyone in scumminess?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”