ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by ryan »

OtM: Kill and Lynch are two different terms for two different roles. Scum=nightkill Townies=lynch, I think you are looking at this and not giving it a worth read. Look at other games, I've seen this get looked at carefully in other games too, why are you dismissing it so easily? I agree that we do have a claimed cop, BUT the Kill/Lynch statement shouldn't be dismissed just because an insane (as you stated when you watched the episode) cop claimed.

I understand being frustrated in games but calling people dumb as posts or liar's doesn't make you look very pro town, it makes you look like a bully.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Off the Mark wrote:Kill vs. Lynch - I still don't see how this can possibly seem suspicious. I've seen many many games where people say "kill" while referring to a lynch - that's what a lynch is, isn't it? This is grasping at straws to cast suspicion on a claimed cop.
That scares me, as it could be incredibly effective if that is J-man's plan.
Again, trying to make the town doubt the claimed cop. Appeal to emotion (fear) too.
Why are you defending the "claimed cop". It's pretty obvious he's not the real cop, so he is either insane or pretending to be a cop. Pretending to be a cop can be an effective mafia move, so it's not unreasonable to at least give a little consideration to that possibility and how dangerous to the town it is.

You yourself even said:
Off the Mark wrote:Yup, watched the whole episode, Cartman only fingers innocent people, so J-man is definitely either insane or paranoid.
So why are you trying to act like j-man might be the real cop now? Oh, because it's convenient and allows you to attack Sorin...

My vote remains. :D
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Insane/paranoid is still real.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

unvote

Too many sanity issues to be sure of Gatorguy91 being scum. Although your response to his claim was very OMGUSy, I don't know if that's a town tell or scum tell.

Oh, and can we please let the semantics issue drop? He claimed cop, he got a guilty, he wanted to kill who he investigated. I really don't think it's as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be.

Anyways, some stuff that happened since I last posted:
ZeekLTK wrote:I don't see how you can think I am lying about being a Miller. Of all the roles to claim why would someone pick that?
With the way you're playing, maybe you thought, "If I claim miller, that'll explain why they get a guilty result when they investigate me." Seriously. Let's look through the rest of your post.
ZeekLTK wrote:Here is the simple equation:

Me as guilty + Gatorguy as guilty = Gatorguy is mafia and j-man is the real cop
Me as innocent + Gatorguy as guilty = Gatorguy is a town and j-man is an insane cop
Are you just discounting the possibility here that J-man is scum? I'm not saying it's probable, but it's possible.
ZeekLTK wrote:Then, if Gatorguy isn't mafia, we saved a townie and can look at all the people who were trying to lynch him the first day (like Off The Mark) and find our mafia there. And if he is mafia, well, we can lynch him!
Yeah, I'd be pretty suspicious of people wanting to lynch people who turned up guilty in an investigation too.
ZeekLTK wrote:However, what do you guys think about a no lynch?
No. That's what I think about it. As Off the Mark explained, with 2 kills a night, things can go south really quick, even if we don't lynch today.

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of your last post either, which says insane cops aren't real cops. >_>

Sorin, your last post was really...wishy-washy. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but you just go through a few posts and go "Yeah, I agree", "I think you're right", "Yeah, this sounds suspicious". It was all just rehashes of other comments.

DeanWinchester, you just haven't posted much at all.
vote DeanWinchester

The vote would definitely be on Zeek, if not for the fact that we need him to test J-man's sanity. Speaking of which, Zeek, stop stalling and tell us your character and episode number since you already claimed.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by J-man »

first of all we have enough accusations flying around that lurkers are going to take a backseat for a while tbh Chaos you vote on Dean IMO is a copp out, right now im pretty sure that Ryan or Sorin is our play today since gatorguy and Zeek are supposedly free from lynch due to the sanity question.

Vote:Sorin

i think that we can get a better read of Ryan once a couple more people are dead.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:28 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Chaos wrote:Yeah, I'd be pretty suspicious of people wanting to lynch people who turned up guilty in an investigation too.
Just clarifying here -- this is sarcasm, right? You're really saying you think it was strange that Zeek was suspicious of people voting for Gatorguy?

Glad everyone in this game is not crazy.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Chaos wrote:The vote would definitely be on Zeek, if not for the fact that we need him to test J-man's sanity. Speaking of which, Zeek, stop stalling and tell us your character and episode number since you already claimed.
QFT - spill it, Zeek.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:06 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Off the Mark wrote:
Chaos wrote:Yeah, I'd be pretty suspicious of people wanting to lynch people who turned up guilty in an investigation too.
Just clarifying here -- this is sarcasm, right? You're really saying you think it was strange that Zeek was suspicious of people voting for Gatorguy?

Glad everyone in this game is not crazy.
Okay, normally if someone posts "I'm a cop and I got a guilty" then there isn't much to question (other than if they are lying). But as soon as he said he got a guilty, the next sentence he said "but I think I have sanity issues". So isn't it strange that people are voting to lynch a guy who a cop that thinks he is likely to be insane got a guilty result on?

Yeah it is, and who tried to do that? Off The Mark and ChaosOmega.

Do I need to quote j-man's role claim again??
J-man wrote:ok fine you want my case? this is my case i am a Cop i investagated Gatorguy91 N1 because i had never played with him before ive been pressing for him to talk this whole game but he hasn't given me anything

im not sure if im allowed to quote which epi i come from but i think i may have sanity issues if the role is consistant with the epi :/ but as everyone knows the only way to find our sanity or not is to lynch the person that you got a guilty result on.

the reason i decided that it was time to lynch gatorguy is because he hasn't contributed anything to the game and likely isn't going to so even if he isn't mafia he won't be missed and either way we will know whether or not to trust my investagations in the days to come.

personally i think it is a fair trade and ill pm stewie and ask if i can quote the epi if i can i'll quote for you so you can see why i question my sanity.

again
CONFIRM VOTE:Gatorguy91

incase it wasn't clear enough i did investagate Gatorguy91 N1 and the result was guilty
He clearly says he is likely to have sanity issues, so there is no reason to vote for Gatorguy based on this post. In fact, it means Gatorguy is likely to be a town member since j-man is likely to be an insane cop.

So only the mafia would want to lynch a player who is likely to be town, and both ChaosOmega and Off The Mark still tried to jump on this.

The biggest tell to me is ChaosOmega's response to j-man's claim:
ChaosOmega wrote:Well that's interesting. I think it's a little early to start claiming roles, though.
So J-man's a cop, and he investigated Gatorguy91 and got a guilty.

Well, Gatorguy91 never really pinged my scumdar, but he never really pinged any radar at all. Looking back through his posts, most of them are short and asking for people to respond, not really putting forward much analysis himself.

unvote, vote Gatorguy91

I'm not entirely sold on you being a cop. But I agree that Gatorguy91 needs to post more content.
Especially the bolded part - I love how you try to summarize the post but leave out one of the biggest, most important parts: questioning his own sanity. You're just trying to ignore it and get the bandwagon started. Big mafia move IMO.

I don't like to use "FoS", you should just vote for someone if you think they are mafia, but since I've got two people here and am already voting for Off The Mark,
FoS: ChaosOmega
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Zeek - you have to lynch the investigation result in order to test the sanity. But now since you've claimed Miller, you've given us another option.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:48 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

To Off the Mark: Yeah, that was sarcasm.

As for Zeek:
ZeekLTK wrote:I love how you try to summarize the post but leave out one of the biggest, most important parts: questioning his own sanity.
I love how you do the exact same thing. Read the last thing I said:
ChaosOmega wrote:I'm not entirely sold on you being a cop. But I agree that Gatorguy91 needs to post more content.
This means that his investigation result was not the sole reason I voted for him. And even if it was, a way to check sanity is to have one of his investigation targets' role revealed. After you claimed miller, there was a different way to go about it, so I unvoted.

Speaking of you mis-quoting:
J-man wrote:im not sure if im allowed to quote which epi i come from but i think i may have sanity issues
ZeekLTK wrote:He clearly says he is likely to have sanity issues, so there is no reason to vote for Gatorguy based on this post. In fact, it means Gatorguy is likely to be a town member since j-man is likely to be an insane cop.

So only the mafia would want to lynch a player who is likely to be town, and both ChaosOmega and Off The Mark still tried to jump on this.
Your whole string of logic here is based on the fact J-man said he clearly is likely to have sanity problems, which isn't the case. He said he may have sanity problems, and we weren't going to be sure until one of his targets died.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Still no Cartman flavor or episode # from Zeek. Waiting...
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:55 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I'm waiting for a pro-town player to ask for me to reveal it, because it seems only the mafia type want me to.
Tigers ate my signature.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:58 am

Post by ryan »

ZeekLTK wrote:I'm waiting for a pro-town player to ask for me to reveal it, because it seems only the mafia type want me to.
I'd like you to reveal Zeek.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Estes »

Me too Zeek.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by J-man »

yea put it down and stop trying to subtly buy time
spill it Zeek.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Okay, I'm a miller because I look different from the rest of the cartmans...

Episode 9-11
Tigers ate my signature.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Gatorguy91 »

That makes me think you are the SK. In that episode Cartman wanted to kill anyone that wasn't ginger.

unvote vote zeekltk
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

It also could be seen as a miller, with Cartman hating ginger kids, and he's a ginger, but he's also Cartman. But you could be right as well.

But we want to keep ZeekLTK alive until tomorrow to check the sanity of J-man. Unless...you want him lynched to keep J-man's sanity a mystery?

unvote, vote Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Gatorguy91 »

You've got a point, but I just wanted to hear zeek's response.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Well to me it seems that a serial killer would have an episode that cartman kills someone, like the Scot Tederman one.

I can't quote my PM, but the jist of it is that the cop would think I'm guilty because, as Ginger Cartman, I don't look like the rest of the town, even though I am.
Tigers ate my signature.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

dang what's going on here... we need to keep Gator and Zeek alive until we determine J-man's sanity. But I am guessing he is insane, based on the episode. We definitely do not want to lynch Gatorguy.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:22 am

Post by ryan »

Off the Mark wrote:dang what's going on here... we need to keep Gator and Zeek alive until we determine J-man's sanity. But I am guessing he is insane, based on the episode.
We definitely do not want to lynch Gatorguy
Why did you say this in 206 than?
Off the Mark wrote: Yeah, I changed my mind, I don't like the no-lynch. I don't want to lose the game with only one chance to lynch.
So... I'm thinking we should just lynch Gatorguy
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Not sure why I said that, that was pretty dumb of me, actually. I don't think I had a good scum read on anyone besides Zeek at the time, so I figured if we lynched Gatorguy and J-man investigated Zeek, with the 2 results we could figure out J-man's sanity for sure.

Zeek's role claim makes sense to me, though. But I'm not totally dismissing the idea that he could be scum, but I'm leaning towards miller at the moment.

Ryan, you have been reading more like a strongly misguided townie to me lately, but I could be wrong about that too.

If I had to pick two scums right now, it would be Sorin and Estes. Zeek and Ryan are still suspicious too, but leaning town for me right now.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Oh, and since we most likely have an SK, (since a pro-town vig should not want to kill during a night start) I would just like to remind him that you DON'T want to be left alone with the mafia. The more townies you kill, the easier it will be for the mafia to find you. So please, SK, try to target mafia for you own good. (and it will help town too, of course)
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Also, Ryan, my "lynch Gatorguy" comment was before I watched the episode and became almost certain that J-man is paranoid or insane. Now I think Gatorguy is nearly confirmed town, based on that psychic Cartman episode.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”