inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yogurt also quickly approaching scum level.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I suck, but it appears I'm not the only one. First, random (not necessarily noteworthy) things I read while catching up.
xyzzy wrote:Unless a cop protected someone or something
lolz
IH wrote:No, not at all. That would be retarded, besides why WOULDN'T I get notified? I got a PM from Thok Thok, that told me I was now a mason partner.
Would Thok even bother to do this if the mason recruiter had died? That's my main question right now.

Also, how clever is IH? Anyone?
inHimshallibe wrote:-dunk-
lolz

My scum order from scummiest to least scummy

xyzzy
- For the first time in this game (it seems like) I'm agreeing with the majority. I really feel like you aren't giving as much real analysis and content as you could be. Although you are posting, it is mostly poking and prodding. You seem almost afraid to be pushing a bandwagon too far. You are also joking a lot. Maybe it's just how you are, but it seems forced. Note: xyzzy is the only person who was adverse to the deadline extension. Of course someone else could have felt the same thing and just wasn't there and didn't post anything. It does seem an obvious thing for scum to do though. The obviousness is the only thing slightly holding me back.
YogurtBandit
- Who are you? I must totally be gliding over your posts. I think you have an ice cube for an avatar, but I'm not even sure of that. People seem to have you consistently high on their lists too, so I thought I'd add you. Looking over your posts it seems like there are four or less posts with over three lines in them. Minimal at best. (I'm not one to talk, but if I
had been
posting more I can rest assured that I would be posting more content than that). While looking at your other games it seems to be your play style. Possibly you don't deserve to be this high, but I'm still willing to vote for you.
mlaker
- Always willing to kill him. Always. His play is a little weirder than usual though. I find it particularly odd that today he seems very reluctant to vote Xdaamno. This post here was noteworthy:
mlaker wrote:I believe Xdaamno's claim, I don't know how good of an argument we have against him today. I'll look over it, but I don't really believe as strongly as I did that he's scum.
Why has your opinion changed form yesterday so drastically? Please explain.
The Central Scrutinizer
- No real problems with your play as of yet. I'm not really sure since you've been playing quietly. I could see you as scum.
inHimshallibe
- Experienced and seeming very comfortable. I don't remember playing with you. We've probably played more in chat than on scum (which hardly counts). Really no idea right now. Does seem to be scumhunting but in that sort of uncaring way which is a little unnerving.
Sonicpulsar
- Seems to be really putting himself out there for the good of the town. I may not agree with you 100% but it does seem to me that you are honestly trying to scumhunt.
Xdaamno
- Your anger and confusion at seeing other people suspect you throughout the game seems genuine to me.
IH
- It would seem very odd to me for a scum to come straight out and claim that they got recruited by HC, especially when scum are doing very well and seem on there way to a win. It would be weird play to risk a counterclaim from the real person who was recruited. This is why I asked earlier "how clever is IH?" since it certainly does not 100% clear IH. I would suggest that if someone else did get notified that they were recruited by HC that they come out. Does anyone disagree? (I assume that would have happened by now, but it could be someone who is completely disregarding the game) The other way IH could be scum is if Thok just didn't pm anyone about being recruited last night. The masons were obviously useless now that the recruiter is dead. Would thok go through the motions like that or just assume it doesn't matter? Even so, I think it would be stupid play for a scum to claim that like IH did.

I will
Vote: xyzzy

I would love feedback about IH.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

xyzzy (4): (inHimshallibe, The Central Scrutinizer, YogurtBandit, Fletcher)
Xdaamno (2): (IH, Sonicpulsar)
mlaker (0):
inHimshallibe (0):
Fletcher (0):
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
Sonicpulsar (0):
YogurtBandit (0):
IH (0):

Not Voting (3): (Xdaamno, xyzzy, mlaker)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

mlaker has requested replacement and I'll be dealing with that soon.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Any final words, xyzzy?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Thok »

Adam the Amazing replaces mlaker, effectively as soon as I send him his role PM.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Hola a todos. I've got a little reading to catch up on, but hopefully I'll have something of little substance by the end of the weekend. For now, however...

FOS: Everybody but me.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Xdaamno »

If we don't get anywhere, I'm up for hammering xyzzy (Don't call scum on this one, I'm saying this as a disclaimer before I go ahead and do it so feel free to stop me (And don't worry, I'll wait a day or two before hammering)). Rather than his more recent posts I think the earlier ones look a bit backseat, but I don't disagree with everything else said and he's on the top of my scum list.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Also, not being blinded by aggravation here but I wouldn't cross out sonicpulsar as ego-tistic scum.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

You claim that I'm attacking people based on mostly unimportant things, perhaps strawmanning.

That word generally implies that I'm attacking anything I can, anywhere I can. Rather, I'm focusing on non-obvious aspects of scumminess.

The difference is that I'm attacking actual scumminess rather than misconstruing townie-ness.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:47 am

Halfway done; I'm still in day one, of course, but I figured I could share some suspicions without properly backing them up as of right now.

Fletcher seems like a townie, along with yogurt thief. I think Fletcher has a power role.
I think TCS and yogurt are not both scum; one or the other might be, or they might both be town.
McStab seems like a vanilla townie OR a cop, I don't think he/she has any other power role.
I worry very much about Xdammno, because I read through another game he played and he had me hook, line, and sinker - then he turned out to be mafia. I suspect he's mafia here.
xyzzy seems like scum.
TCS wanted xyzzy dead, and was very point-blank about the "kill him" attitude, but after a simpleton post, changed his mind - I didn't like the way that looked.
Xdammno was pushing hard for yogurt for doing what I would consider making a connection based off his PM - this makes me think Xdammno is very scum. I don't think he's an All-Star, I think he's some outside force; maybe the SK, commissioner Stern?

And I'm aware it's YogurtBandit, not thief, but I thought it was funny. 10 pages to go, and then I'll hammer xyzzy if my thoughts haven't changed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Adam The Amazing wrote:Halfway done; I'm still in day one, of course, but I figured I could share some suspicions without properly backing them up as of right now.

Fletcher seems like a townie, along with yogurt thief. I think Fletcher has a power role.

[...]

McStab seems like a vanilla townie OR a cop, I don't think he/she has any other power role.

[...]

Xdammno was pushing hard for yogurt for doing what I would consider making a connection based off his PM - this makes me think Xdammno is very scum. I don't think he's an All-Star, I think he's some outside force; maybe the SK, commissioner Stern?
Rolefishing = scummy.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 pm

Okay, I'm theoretically all caught up.

Kudos for the person who said "los ojos." I think it was Xdammno.

Lay-ups are higher percentage than dunks.

Vote: Xdammno. FOS: xyzzy

I want to hammer. I'm pretty certain. I want a nameclaim first, though. Mr. Xyzzy, you have 36 hours to nameclaim (and role, if you so desire) or I'm hammering.

@ Xdammno; you were the one who said you're Jason Kidd, right?

Sonicpulsar - very very pro-town.

IH - town. Traditionally, if the mason recruiter tries to recruit a mafia member, that kills them. I'm new to this forum, so I've never had Thok as a moderator; would it be conceivable that this gets tweaked?
Also, IH is a good player. Calm without being a morose sulker, he would realize that a simple counter claim would mean his demise.

I feel that near the end of D1 and for most of today, Xdammno and xyzzy have been trying very hard to distance.

@ yogurtbandit - if you're going to make those little inane posts with quips, would it not be better to simply lurk? You're lurking while getting your post count up. On a similar note, Xdammno is, I feel, doing exactly what HC was talking about - he's hiding out in the open. It almost got him for a little while there today, but he looks to be temporarily off the hook.

I'm comfortable with what this town wants to do today.

Also... I don't want those people to say what they are, I don't want someone to say "they're not the cop, because I am!!" It's observations, not trying to get them to confirm/deny. Thus, I would say I'm not rolefishing.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:42 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

xyzzy nameclaiming would be cool.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Steve Francis.

I'm unNKable, since, as a spectator of the All-Star Games rather than a player, I'm never around too late after games and no one has enough contact with me to know where my hotel room is.

And yes, I'm aware that that's a typical scum claim; I'm aware that any defense I give will be met with "LOL wifom noob", so if you're unable to accept the possibility, then it's your fault for lynching a townsperson needlessly.

If you do that, you're a stupid, stupid town.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:18 am

ZOMG IF U LYNCH ME UR STUPID TOWN

Worst defense ever, no matter your alignment.
possibly
comment."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

xyzzy wrote:Steve Francis.

I'm unNKable, since, as a spectator of the All-Star Games rather than a player, I'm never around too late after games and no one has enough contact with me to know where my hotel room is.

And yes, I'm aware that that's a typical scum claim; I'm aware that any defense I give will be met with "LOL wifom noob", so if you're unable to accept the possibility, then it's your fault for lynching a townsperson needlessly.

If you do that, you're a stupid, stupid town.
Ugh, don't claim unNKability... Town should lynch you regardless, now.
Show

:

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:58 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

All the scumchat games Ive played With Xyzzy and Hes claimed unnkable Hes been scum.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:48 am

Unvote: Xdammno, Vote: xyzzy

I believe all the townies are people who were players. If I'm wrong, c'est la vie, but I'm willing to gamble it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 am

Post by Thok »

Final Day 2 Vote Count

xyzzy (5): (inHimshallibe, The Central Scrutinizer, YogurtBandit, Fletcher, Adam the Amazing)
Xdaamno (2): (IH, Sonicpulsar)
Adam the Amazing (0):
inHimshallibe (0):
Fletcher (0):
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
Sonicpulsar (0):
YogurtBandit (0):
IH (0):

Not Voting (2): (Xdaamno, xyzzy)

And with that, xyzzy was lynched. The bad news was the he really was Steve Francis. The good news is that made him
mafia

It is now night. Everybody with choices should try to get them in by Friday, August 3.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Thok »

You find IH's body on the ground. He was
Tim Duncan
vanilla townie

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 am

Mass nameclaim?
possibly
comment."
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:57 am

Post by IH »

Bah, go town
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Mass nameclaim?
I'm up for it,
obviously
:P

Also, someone said 'Me and xyzzy are trying very hard to distance' IIRC, which I guess implies me as scum at this point. If you provide an argument for it I'll give you a defense.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Xdammno, I've seen your defenses. They're very well put, very eloquent, and I enjoy reading them, but the problem is they trick me.

7 Alive, 4 to lynch, probably 2 mafia left. Would it be a good time for a cop claim if they have one guilty, or should they wait? What about if they have two innocents?

Fletcher, you're not tricking me and actually being mafia, are you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”