Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

soupfly wrote:Hold the lynching. By my count there are only 5 votes on Niv.

Votes for Niv that I counted: Soupfly, Oman, Jenter, JimmyR, Gator

Can somebody verify my count?
Yes only 5.

Erotomachia said Streetflo was voting Niv
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Erotomachia »

You're right. I miscounted. Streeflo isn't voting for Niv.

I think this is the current vote:

Niv (5) Soupfly, Jenter Brolincani, Oman, Jimmy, Gatorguy
Oman (4) Erotomachia, Niv, TBS, Streeflo
Jenter Brolincani (1) Haut Boy
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Haut Boy, Do you have any thoughts?
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
- pie_is_good
-Glork
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:04 am

Post by Erotomachia »

unvote/

Should I hammer or should we wait for some people to check in first?
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Jimmy R »

Erotomachia wrote:
unvote/

Should I hammer or should we wait for some people to check in first?
I'm happy for you to do it, since we thought we'd already hammered anwyay.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

But I am not, I Really want to hear from Haut boy first. I'd like you to eventually hammer, but
unvote
to make sure.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
- pie_is_good
-Glork
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Vote Count:
Jenter Brolincani: Haut Boy
Niv: Jenter Brolincani, Jimmy R, Oman, Soupfly
Oman: Niv, Streeflo, ThaiBoxerShorts

Not voting: Erg0, Erotomachia, Gatorguy91
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Jimmy R »

Gatorguy91 wrote:But I am not, I Really want to hear from Haut boy first. I'd like you to eventually hammer, but
unvote
to make sure.
Why? You voted for Niv before and even thought you were hammering him yourself. What can one person who has made no contriubtion so far have to say that will change everyones opinions?

I'm not that eager to lynch really but this is just an unneccesary holdup.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Jimmy R wrote:
Gatorguy91 wrote:But I am not, I Really want to hear from Haut boy first. I'd like you to eventually hammer, but
unvote
to make sure.
Why? You voted for Niv before and even thought you were hammering him yourself. What can one person who has made no contriubtion so far have to say that will change everyones opinions?

I'm not that eager to lynch really but this is just an unneccesary holdup.
I can admit that what i did before was a VERY stupid move. I should have considered the fact that everyone needs to check in and drop opinions before we lynch.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
- pie_is_good
-Glork
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Streeflo »

Erotomachia wrote:Our mod isn't really here...

Niv (4) Soupfly, Jenter Brolincani, Oman, Streeflo
Oman (3) Erotomachia, Niv, TBS
Jenter Brolincani (1) Haut Boy
soupfly (1) Haut Boy

I wanted an Oman lynch at first, but I suppose a Niv lynch make sense, too. And by looking at who's voting with me, I don't appear to be in good company.

We've got so many claims that I think we have a very good chance of catching scum (almost 50%). I'll be surprised if we don't get at least 1 scum with today's lynch and tonight's vig kill.
One quick thing before I reread, I'm still voting for Oman.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Streeflo »

Gatorguy91 wrote:K.
Vote Niv
hammered.
LOL.

My thoughts: I still think Oman is the scummiest out of the three so my vote will stay on him.

And HOLD ON! What's with the unhumanly fast hammer on Niv? At least let him defend himself or claim or something. If you weren't confirmed Gator, your actions would have shot you up to the top of my scumlist.
How about instead of hearing from HautBoy before the day ends, we hear from Niv? That would be considerably more helpful don't you think?
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Haut Boy »

soupfly wrote:Haut Boy is getting on my nerves with his absence. Every time the game picks up speed we notice that somebody is absent. I don't think anybody should get a free pass just because they claim that they're busy.
Well, sorry. I can't predict when a weekend is going to blindside me like this weekend did. >_>; And contrary to popular opinion, I don't live at my computer desk.
gator wrote:I can admit that what i did before was a VERY stupid move. I should have considered the fact that everyone needs to check in and drop opinions before we lynch.
Even so, it looks pretty bad when you think you hammer, it turns out you didn't, and then you retract your vote.
gator wrote:I will only vote Niv if Jenter decides that if Niv comes up town Oman is tonight's NK.
We already went over this: don't direct power roles!

Now, about Niv.
Niv wrote:I am seing all the issues with oman, but righ now, reading this i have a problem. Streef: you actually think that the mafia will forgoe the night kill to incriminate jen, when they can just nk Jenter or one of the self coonfirming masons..... FoS Oman, Vote Streefo
I thought this was really fishy because of the weak reasoning behind that vote.
Niv wrote:however, with the last few poasts, Oman looks really bad. i do belive that to be a fraudian slip. and also, he seams to belive that the vig in a mini isn't a one shot, thoughing off our reasoning. i do belive that a Vote Oman is in order.
Weak reasoning again. Also, this is his next post after voting Streeflo. It seems to me like Niv is trying to find any reason to vote for someone.

I've been feeling odd about Niv this whole day because he's been acting really wishy-washy.

Oman is not on my pro-town list anymore because of consistent bad play starting from ThaiBoxerShorts' plan.

Speaking of TBS, I feel odd about him too just for that plan.

Gator...I'm fairly sure I believe the mason claim between him and Jimmy, but that doesn't change the fact that I think Gator is playing HORRIBLY.
Streeflo wrote:And HOLD ON! What's with the unhumanly fast hammer on Niv? At least let him defend himself or claim or something. If you weren't confirmed Gator, your actions would have shot you up to the top of my scumlist.
How about instead of hearing from HautBoy before the day ends, we hear from Niv? That would be considerably more helpful don't you think?
Hearing from Niv would be excellent. And just so he has incentive to respond,
vote: Niv
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Oman »

Gator, I agree that Niv should have the chance to defend himself, but why should Haut NEED to check the lynch out? Niv should have been your concern.

Gator: STOP DIRECTING JENTER!

Now that Maz is back we probably wont have a long twilight, unfortunatly I was hoping it could be rather large.

Streef here could be A) Scum reluctant to bus or B) Town who doesn't see it. Or if Niv is town, and we're all wrong C) Scum who wants to look clean D2 or D) Town who just doesn't see it.

Just the options. I think its much more likely to be A then B, and C then D. I'd be happy with taking a huge (i mean HUGE) look at TBS D2, and depending how that results, continuing the day but taking a look at Streef.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Streeflo »

Hm, don't mistake my intentions. I think Niv is scummy, but feel that your actions are scummier. By all means analyze my posts. I have nothing to hide.

I don't mind lynching any one of Niv, TBS, or Oman. However, I'm completely against the idea of hammering Niv before he can respond.
Haut Boy wrote: Gator...I'm fairly sure I believe the mason claim between him and Jimmy, but that doesn't change the fact that I think Gator is playing HORRIBLY.
QFT
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Oman »

I don't mind lynching any one of Niv, TBS, or Oman. However, I'm completely against the idea of hammering Niv before he can respond
So if Niv responds in a sub-par way you're likely to change your vote to him? You are looking only very slightly scummy to me at this moment, I'd be happy to look at TBS in great detail before we even think about you.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Waiting for a claim from Niv. I don't think there's much to be gleaned from Streeflo's reluctance to vote for him at this moment, it's not like his individual vote is going to save or doom Niv.

I do find it strange that we were apparently waiting for a response from everyone but the person at lynch-1... I particularly don't like that Ero asked for town approval to hammer.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Oman »

Whoa? Claim from Niv? Thats a little...forceful. I don't really want a claim, I just want some defence. If the only thing Niv can do to defend himself is claim, well thats different but if he can defend himself into not being lynched without claiming, I'll be extatic!
it's not like his individual vote is going to save or doom Niv
at L-1 it certainly could doom him.

I'm not waiting on a response from anyone but Niv, erg0. No-one else really matters.

On Ero's asking for approval, I think don't find it overly scummy. I see it more as, finding out if we want to end the day yet. Remember, once this lynch happens, we stop talking overnight and in the morning, its highly likely 2 of us won't wake up. We want everyone to say their peice before D1 ends if we can.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by Erg0 »

My point is that there are a number of people other than Streeflo that could (and probably would) hammer Niv. Whether Streeflo decides to do it or not is not going to have a large impact on the outcome based on the general sentiment right now. I know what I mean.

Asking for town approval to hammer is a scumtell period. I'm aware of why we shouldn't hammer unless we're ready, but asking if everyone's ok with you hammering is like giving yourself an out if the person you hammer comes up town (i.e. "you all said I should hammer!").

I'd be surprised if Niv can avoid claiming and still get back from lynch-1 with 3 others suspicious of him. I'm willng to be surprised, though.
V/LA most weekends.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Niv »

I am sorry about the wait. i had a 13 h shift at work today.

I can't really think of what i can defend against. i allreddy responded to jens pbpa. and i though i did a good job. i know my play has been lacking latley, but, i don't think there is anyhting i can do to salvage what i have done. my claim dosen't help, im vanalla town, not much to say there. on that, i saw it come up, that i don't belive that a multiple hit vig would ever be put into a mini.

Let me explain this:

so far:

12 people,
1 cop
1doc? (do minis always have adoc, i don't know, i don't want ay role info revaled, just mini formats here)
1 Multi Vig
2 Masons
4 Vanilla town
3 mafia
this feals stacked in the towns favor.

i can see a one shot vig, not a multi vig.
and the multi vig + the masons = over power imo

so what does that make it, i doubt 2 mafiaso wou;d risk it to claim like jimmy + gator did. i think somethig smells fissy here. and jen may be the fish.

if you decide to lynch me here. please, look at your outer power roles. other than that, i am working long hours tomorow ass well

so this may wind up being my last post. Go Town
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I guess you could argue that setup was overpowered, but Masons are a pretty weak power role so they don't count too much in the town's favour, and vigs are something of a double edged sword. Overall, that role set doesn't seem too unusual for a game this size. That's assuming that we actually have a doc, of course, which isn't a given.

Ultimately, I'd rather risk lynching a townie than a claimed vig today. It will eventually become clear whether Jen is telling the truth, but there's obviously no way to verify Niv's. Waiting for others' reactions and then I'm happy to hammer if Niv stays at lynch-1.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by Oman »

My biggest fear was the Niv would claim, or come up Doc. But I doubt that very much. I think Niv is the play for today.

And saying that, based on the general consensus of you guys I won't be waking up. If thats the case I want you all to take a long look at how TBS jumped on me (page 18).

Other then that, I feel good about today, I think we took our time and its looking good.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Behold my setup speculation post!

I don't think there's a doc.
Could be dead wrong of course, but having a vig, cop, masons, AND a doc seems unlikely to the point of...
INSANITY

I've played a normal with one cop and 2 masons, and a normal with 1 cop 1 vig and 1 doc. Town feels overpowered in this scenario. Of course, if I'm right and there is no doc, then all of our powerroles have been outed during Day 1. Not particulary good > >.

@ Ergo: I like masons. They cut down the lynch pool by 2. :]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't like masons, they have to be outed to be really useful :(

Anyway, I would like to think that there is a doc, but I doubt it as well. Of course, if there is, the mafia will have fun with tonights WIFOM doc protection NK :D
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by soupfly »

Updated Vote Count:

Niv (5): Jenter Brolincani, Jimmy R, Oman, Soupfly, Haut Boy
Oman (3): Niv, Streeflo, ThaiBoxerShorts

Not voting (3): Erg0, Erotomachia, Gatorguy91
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 am

Post by Oman »

Ah, I've figured out how the doc could be in there and it fits with my earlier theories:

12 people,
1 cop
1doc
2 Masons
4 Vanilla town
3 mafia
Multi Vig
Serial Killer.

That way its 8/3/1 which is the "fair" split. Also explains all the power-roles.

Niv's right IMHO, Jenter's the fish, however, if he kills too many townies, its obviously not going to work out.

Of course, the mafia aren't going to want to take a chance that there's a multi-vig out there and will probably off Jenter ASAP. I'm not sure.

Anyway, Jenter, if you could claim which kill is yours D2 if you kill N1, that will help pin who the mafia are, based on who kills who.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”