Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Not much to comment on at this point but I wanted to post to say I'm here
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Mirth wrote:
Grek wrote:
Mirth wrote:If you're voting Nox for putting a third vote on Jex, why did you just put a fifth vote on Nox? Please explain yourself.
If the scum quicklynch, we find 2 scum for 1 townie. If they don't, we lose nothing.
Uh huh. How do you know Nox is a townie?

This also sounds like you're trying to push a lynch on Nox. We're now on page 2. Nox hasn't done anything lynch worthy at this point in time. Why are you being so hasty? Additionally, assuming that two other people vote Nox, how do you know that they'll both be scum? Could be that the scum either already voted Nox or just don't want to give themselves away by doing so now?
I agree with Mirth. The assumption that the last two to vote for Nox are scum is a poor one; it's likely at least one of the votes on her is scum and if Nox turns up as town the last two to vote her would gain the most suspicion from the town the next day. Also This is only the second page of the thread and Nox has only made two posts both of which contained nothing that would indicate her as scum.
Vote:Grek
for putting someone that close to lynch this early in the game.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Pug89 »

Grek wrote: I don't know, but her alignment doesn't matter. If she is scum and get's lynched, that's good. If she's scum and isn't, we lose nothing. If she is town and nobody quicklynchs, she is safe. If she is town and gets quicklynched we found some scummy people.
Of course it matters what her alignment is. If she is town the last two to vote for her could just as easily be overzealous townies. You can't just choose to sacrifice a player this early in the game and assume that it will yeild at least one scum. It's an utterly ridiculous plan that could easily backfire.
Grek wrote: I think that finding 2 scum day one is better than having alot of discussion day one. We can discuss the next day as well. The only special thing that happens day one is the random voting, and we are done with that part.
While finding two scum could be more helpful than a lot of discussion day 1 it doesn't seem likely that your plan would result in such. This is why I think you are scum who came up with your plan only after being questioned about your vote to cover your behavior.

benhalkum: Why exactly are you voting for Mirth?
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:I'm not sure what he meant by "Third vote = good enough". This could be a preemptive abdication of responsibility, i.e. "everyone else was voting for her; all I did was trust the town."
I believe he was referring to the fact that Nox had placed the third vote on Jex and that that was a good enough reason to vote for her. I would also like to hear more Inhim's motivations for voting Nox .
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Pug89 »

THIS is why I voted you Mirth.
FOS Benhalkum

That doesn't really explain anything. Merely quoting a post that doesn't seem to indicate Mirth as scum without an explanation for why that made you think she's scummy is not satisfactory. I'm happy with my vote were it is now but if there is no real explanation for your vote soon I may change it.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I really don't need to explain a day one vote, no one does. NONE of us know who's who, and day one its never easy to choose.

If you lynch me, just look back to who pushed the hardest and who jumped right on the bandwagon
This post bothers me a lot. While it may be day one, we're way past the random voting stage of the game. If your not sure of who to vote for you shouldn't vote. And if your vote on Mirth was really a random vote you should have said so and unvoted instead of insisting that there is a reason while not really giving one and then backtracking later.
ok, then re-wind.. pull out the place that says soemthing about a reason and replace with random.. my reason is randomness.
This combined with his previous post makes want to change my vote but I believe he has four right now and I don't want to put him two from lynch just without hearing more from him; even though I don't know how helpful that would be.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
What I don't like about this is that is that he says he is wagoning for wagonings sake yet he prefers one wagon over the other. He has to have a reason for likeing Grek's wagon over Ben's so why not just use that as justifacation for his vote.

Also, I will be busy the next few days and may be unable to post.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Pug89 »

Sorry I haven't posted. I just started college and I've been busier then I thought I would be, but like everyone else I'm waiting for Apo to post.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Pug89 »

I would like you all to answer this question:
What's your opinion about Grek and why?
I think Grek is scum, which is why I'm still voting for him. His plan at the begining of the game was extremely unlikely to work and when asked about it his reasoning seemed like something he made up to cover his tracks.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Pug89 »

Pug89: I reread pug after reading Mexel's post. I haven't really been looking at Pug too hard, and thought I would. I can see where Mexel is coming from. The two players he has brought up as possible scum are the main two: Grek and Ben. His ideas didn't seem to be original. Against grek he used a bunch of Mirth's arguments. He then jumped on the Ben wagon with an FOS and not a vote as soon as attention started turning that way.
I happened to agree a lot with Mirth on the Grek issue. There were several times at the begginging of the game were I noticed something while reading and was going to post something about it to find that Mirth had already said the same thing; there's nothing I can do about that. The reason I only FOS'd ben is because my main suspicions are with Grek and a few people had mentioned that his play was similar in other games and so didn't necessarily indicate he was scum.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Pug89 »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Gah. My post got eaten.

Anyhoo, I think I've made it clear where I stand on the Grek/Mirth show: Grek may be misguided, but is ultimately town.

I think I'm currently voting for you.
Unvote.
I'm not going to hang you for the actions of your predecessor. However, I'm not giving you a free pass, either. ben was scummy, so I'm going to be watching you to see if it was the player or the role that was in the wrong.

For now, I will
vote: Mirth
Why exactly are you voting for Mirth? I just skimmed through your post really quickly so I might of missed something, but I didn't see anything indicating why you voted for Mirth.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I do dislike when I'm being ignored after I ask direct questions. It makes me think you're hiding something.
I was rereading thorugh the thread and noticed something so I made a quick post about it. I wasn't ignoring you; I didn't have much time. I'm going to be busy the next few days but I should be able to post this weekend sometime.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Pug89 »

Zindaras wrote: Rereading the game, the first thing that catches my eye is Pug's 10. Interesting there is the lack of random vote.
I don't random vote anymore. There was an incident where it got me a lot of suspicion so I just stopped doing it. It was in Stephen King mafia if anyone's interested. Why exactly is me not random voting interesting? What exactly do you find suspicious of post 29?
Grek wrote:As for Pug89, he doesn't seem to have posted anything noteworthy, just reinterated things other people said without changing his vote. Like he is trying to look active without geting any attention pointed his way. I Ttink I'll put a third vote on him for presure.
I haven't changed my vote on you because I still think you are scum; I thought you were scum on Page 2 and I still think you are. It's not likely to change anytime soon.
There really was no reason, other than to see how Mirth and everyone else reacted. Of course, nobody reacted at all until now, and I forgot that I had indeed shifted to her.
This reason bothers me. He may be telling the truth but this combined with his Pro-Grek stance throughout the game makes me slightly suspicious.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Pug89 »

Pug: Has almost been a non-factor in this game. Mexal made an
excellent point that Pug has tended to just parrot the arguments of
others.* Also, and admittedly this is a bit OMGUS, I don't like how
he implied that my pro-Grek stance is suspicious, since I feel I
logically explained everything I felt about Grek. I think Pug may be
trying to deflect the topic of the conversation
I'm fairly certain Grek is scum and you have done a fair amount of defending of him. This alone is far from proving you are mafia but you then voted for Mirth, who I think is town, and I don't think the reason you gave for the vote was very satisfactory. You defended someone I think is scum and voted for someone I think is town, that makes you look more suspicious in my eyes. I'm sorry if that seems totally unreasonable to you but that's how it is. Another thing, you say I'm parroting so I make it a point to reread and adress a few things I notice that haven't been brought up before, when I do you say I trying to deflect attention away from myself. It seems like no matter what I do you think I'm scum.
Alright, after a reread of Pug, I noticed the only thing he's said about inHim was an attempt to answer a question that was intended for inHim and then a general "I'd like to hear more from him". Then Pug never pursued his desire to hear more from inHim; in fact, Pug never mentions his name again.

That, and most of the things people say they find suspicious about me, is from near the beggining of the game. That was over a month ago so I don't remember exactly what I was thinking at the time but shortly after that ben posted his non-reasoning for his vote on Mirth so Inhim and my focus mostly shifted away from Inhim. Anything I might have said in regard to Inhim was said by others so I didn't bring him up. Shortly after that I moved and started college so I didn't have much time to read the game and Inhim said nothing significant and he has been gone since then.
As for Pug89, he doesn't seem to have posted anything noteworthy, just reinterated things other people said without changing his vote. Like he is trying to look active without geting any attention pointed his way. I Ttink I'll put a third vote on him for presure.
Something Grek conviently leaves out is that the vote I'm not moving is on him, essentialy making his vote OMGUS. HC's vote is slightly as well.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Pug89 »

This is just funny. Grek gives a reason (quite good) for why he think you're scum. You do just reiterate things that others said. You do try to look acitve without attention being pointed your way. Then you say is OMGUS, stop misrepresenting Greks vote on you. Also HC is OMGUS, because you're voting for him AND grek.

Well, I'm going to say that your OMGUS call on grek is OMGUS for voting you. Its like OMGUS4OMUGSING. "An Omgus for an Omgus, and the whole world goes.....Bongus?"
You make think his reason is good but it's not true. That's not what I'm trying to do at all. There was a period of a few weeks were I was very busy and didn't have much time to post and as far as the parroting it's not anything I did on purpose; there was one instance were inbetween the time I started typing my post and when I hit submit someone else had posted saying the basically the same thing. Grek made a point of saying I was not moving my vote when he voted for me but failed to say that that vote was on him. I said HC is slightly OMGUS because I voiced that I was suspicious of him and he later voted for me.

I doubt it will make a difference at this point but does anyone want me to claim?
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Pug89 »

Normally I would wait for a few more people to respond but since there is less than a day til deadline I am going to go ahead and claim.

I am Merlin, I can use my abilities to protect someone each night. Basically I'm a doctor. I protected Nox Night 0. This is one of the reasons I don't like the Nox wagon on the first page. There's a good chance it is just a coincidence but I don't like the fact the person who was likely targeted for a NK was almost quicklynched on page 1.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Pug89 »

It wasn't actually called doctor, but that's basically what it is.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Pug89 »

The post never calls my role doctor, or anything specific for that matter, but that's essentialy what I am.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Pug89 »

From what I read, he is role-claiming Merlin and telling us that while his role pm does not outright state that he is a doctor, the mechanics of his role are exactly like those of a doctor.
That would me correct.
AT THE VERY VEYR BEST: I would say merlin is an ineffective doc of some kind.
While I don't now for sure if Nox was targeted last night, I protected her and there were no deaths so I would say I'm effective; unless there's a roleblocker or another doc.
Yeah but it sounds like there is more to it. And I don't like anyone hiding anything from the town (especially as I don't believe this role claim)
There's nothing else to it. I could have worded that better initialy, sorry.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 am

Post by Pug89 »

Pug, could you please paraphrase what your role is in a manner that is something more than saying you're basically just the doctor?
I can use my magic to protect someone every night. As for weither I'm effective or not, I don't know. There was nothing in my role PM to indicate I be, but there doesn't necessarily have to be, but there was no death last night.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Pug89 »

Why didn't the scum kill Pug? He claimed healer so it doesn't make sense not to kill him unless of course they feel like they can get him lynched pretty easily today. Uh oh, WIFOM!
I think that is the case, especially combined with the fact I was one of the votes on Grek. Why waste a NK on someone you can get lynched the day?
Oman wrote: Now. About the SK. I can clearly see one here. And pugdoc blocked it.

So my question to the claimed doc is: Who did you protect?
I protected Mirth.
I don't think it's likely there's a SK because there were no kills at all N1. It's a possibility, but it seems unlikely both kills would have been blocked N1.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I protected Mirth because I thought she was protown. I also expected to be NK'd so I didn't think it would make a much difference as to who I protected since I would be the one to die.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Pug89 »

I don't have much time right now and there's a lot I need to read through but something I saw:
Mexal wrote:especially if Pug is lying which it seems he was
Why does it seem like I'm lying? Just because it appears there is more than one doctor doesn't mean I am lying. It does mean that Nox/Oman wasn't necessarily targeted N0 so I'm less sure he is town.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Pug89 »

Vote:Oman

I don't like his claim. The only way it could be useful to town is if there is a scumdoc, but I could certainly see it as being extremly useful for mafia in such a doc heavy game.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I agree with Zindaras. The other plan has its merits but with Zindaras's plan isn't as affected by the possibility of a scumdoc.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Pug89 »

Mod: I believe I'm voting for Oman
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Yeah I'll protect Haschel tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”