It's the Team Mafia Tea Party (Dead Thread)

For Team Mafia 2015 Games and Information
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 356, zoraster wrote:I mean, the two times it's been run before now it's been 5 town wins to 4 scum wins, so not exactly unbalanced.

The large theme was marred by an extraordinarily apathetic scum team. Mod Error didn't get to lylo, but it did last 5 days, which is a pretty good result. Twin Trap didn't last long, but it wouldn't have whoever won (incidentally, Twin Trap had a 60% win rate for scum before now). Vanilla Nightless lasted 9 days, so it's hard not to say that was close (though worth pointing out that with 4 scum and no night kills it'll automatically last longer).

As for scum PTs, I think they'll probably be released. Team PTs will be kept private unless I'm given permission to make them public by their team.

Hey Zoraster, would you like to get the game mods of the individual games to chip in with their commentary after all this is done? I think that all this discussion puts you in a spot here and I'm sorry. But these will definitely be raised after all these is over (and since you're in charge of the logistics process, specially replacements), so yeah since almost all of us are here, there we go.

I do think that team mafia is townsided, but I think it's a one sided discussion here. Just that it should be raised so that we can improve the future team mafias moving forward.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:10 am

Post by shos »

In post 166, pieguyn wrote:you will not believe this, but I literally called the entire scum team in the large game on page 5

it obviously means nothing because I backed off of most of them, though

Katsuki was 100% right on his reads from the start of the game, calling all the scums and only the scums. Luckily, we lynched him first lol
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Magua »

In post 320, xRECKONERx wrote:Also: fine, don't do anything about it... but when the situation is blatantly immediately hostile (Grey's first posts were "I will lynch Reck if he gets to L-1" "Why?" "Because I fucking hate your guts, asshole") then it's time to step in and resolve it. My over the top, hostile play the remainder of that game was specifically due to the fact that you and Magua sat on your hands and did nothing about Grey immediately making things personal.

I prefer to keep private things private. But since you want to:

I warned GreyICE, and he stopped.

Meanwhile, your behavior in the thread was beyond atrocious, despite several warnings. If I sat on my hands at any point during that game, it was to not force replace you.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't really agree with that.

You can't base your findings purely on game result.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

My last post was regarding the claim that the games were town sided.

Town wins are the result of good town play and the setup itself having some of a factor in it but not the end all be all.

Good town play does not equal townsided.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think tokens for alignment might not be the best idea.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Just going to put in my two cents here. I think the replacement system worked perfectly. Zor's right in that management can't keep track of all the personal conflicts. Replacements, just like anything else in this game, came down to strategic choices. I had Kagami Hard Carry marked as a replacement pool in case of emergency, and getting Mollie to replace Who was the best decision our team made. Likewise, Mollie campaigned for my recruiting Wisdom when Eddie couldn't keep playing. I understand MS's frustration, but Mollie's replacing into his game was a switch, a game mechanic and therefore a very strategic choice. I thought long and hard about that move and talked to both players involved before making it. Did I know about Mollie's history with ABR? No, but that wasn't the point of the switch. The point was to get Eddie out of a situation he couldn't handle and get someone in there who could, especially when it came to dealing with Nacho. I wanted someone who could have more pull in that game, and Eddie and I both agreed that he wasn't cutting it. Scum would have won via manipulation and gotten Eddie lynched, potentially for the win. I shut that down via a game mechanic. If this competition is about who is the best and the strategy involved in playing a game on this level, then the teams need to have some control over replacements when their original members walk out on them (informed or otherwise). If you're complaining because someone's strategy inadvertently stepped on your toes because you have issues, then suck it up. This is Team Mafia. If you can't take your lumps, then you shouldn't be playing.

Btw, I'll be okay with our team PT being made public.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I mean really I think winning team mafia requires a huge amount of luck. Despite that we still didn't win.

Our team largely stayed the same and we swept the last one and this year is basically... the opposite of that.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:20 am

Post by notscience »

In post 376, shos wrote:
In post 166, pieguyn wrote:you will not believe this, but I literally called the entire scum team in the large game on page 5

it obviously means nothing because I backed off of most of them, though

Katsuki was 100% right on his reads from the start of the game, calling all the scums and only the scums. Luckily, we lynched him first lol

my reads were okayish too
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:21 am

Post by notscience »

Tbh I was just curious why I was targetted n1
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Finally getting nked in white flag and getting Jason's slot killed finally while under suspicion were probably my two biggest positives out of this year's game.

Of course dying in white flag took away any control I had over the outcome of the game from then on.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 358, pieguyn wrote:
In post 324, Quilford wrote:Hey don't worry about it Pie. You still owned that Mara lynch Day 2, that was impressive. I would have bailed when she started AtE/ flailing (like I did with ETL about ten times lol)

i just wanna say, <3.

i will just feel awful if it turns out i was the one who fucked it up for our team. that's why i'm so nervous

Pretty sure we'll get that honor for allowing STD to die.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

And by we I mean me, because despite thinking STD was scum Jason was game to protect him anyway. My intervention basically changed that.

So yeah the worst play in team mafia was probably mine...
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Nexus »

WAGWAN
Trans rights are human rights.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Yeah, the Goo had Jason as confscum from the moment he claimed not to have blocked STD. >_>
#greenshirtthursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 377, Magua wrote:
In post 320, xRECKONERx wrote:Also: fine, don't do anything about it... but when the situation is blatantly immediately hostile (Grey's first posts were "I will lynch Reck if he gets to L-1" "Why?" "Because I fucking hate your guts, asshole") then it's time to step in and resolve it. My over the top, hostile play the remainder of that game was specifically due to the fact that you and Magua sat on your hands and did nothing about Grey immediately making things personal.

I prefer to keep private things private. But since you want to:

I warned GreyICE, and he stopped.

Meanwhile, your behavior in the thread was beyond atrocious, despite several warnings. If I sat on my hands at any point during that game, it was to not force replace you.

Yeah sorry, I don't give a damn if you "warned" Grey after he clearly crossed a personal line when I had kept things civil w/ him. If it was just some rando I wouldn't think twice, but I have a significant history with him and it set me the fuck off. Not going to apologize for taking you/zor's inaction as a signal that I was free to cross some lines.
green shirt thursdays
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I mean it's a silly scum play to try to claim to have protected anyone else.

Like if we were actually scum there we'd claim to have protected STD and then shrugged our shoulders on why he died anyway.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 387, Zachrulez wrote:And by we I mean me, because despite thinking STD was scum Jason was game to protect him anyway. My intervention basically changed that.

So yeah the worst play in team mafia was probably mine...

<_>

yeah, but still. i feel awful. i should have lynched sthar D4/D5.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya'll are so lucky singer shot me. If that shot missed, I was taking people downtown.

I actually had read like 50 pages of that thing.

And was going to fake having read NONE OF IT HAHAHAHAHA
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We should have just sucked it up and lynched him on D3 really. ^.^

I hate protective roles. I always wifom myself into the wrong play with them.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Your replace in gave me a sliver of hope! ;_;
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

I got through minor D1, tried to read major D1 and was like "FUCK HOW DID ANYONE MAKE IT THROUGH THIS SHIT"

eventually I just resorted to looking at specific points I thought would be key as opposed to reading the whole thing. the last leads I had were that I thought that Bulba flashwagon was all-town and that I figured scum were just coasting the majority of D1.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Magua »

In post 390, xRECKONERx wrote:Yeah sorry, I don't give a damn if you "warned" Grey after he clearly crossed a personal line when I had kept things civil w/ him. If it was just some rando I wouldn't think twice, but I have a significant history with him and it set me the fuck off. Not going to apologize for taking you/zor's inaction as a signal that I was free to cross some lines.

You are free to believe what you wish. I will just respond with a compilation of posts and let the reader draw their own conclusion.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 394, Zachrulez wrote:We should have just sucked it up and lynched him on D3 really. ^.^

I hate protective roles. I always wifom myself into the wrong play with them.

we could have

except I kept thinking he would have approached Mala D2 diffeently if he was scum here

in retrospect, I guess he just thought yelling at me would somehow derail the wagon for *insert shit reason here*

or did it for the express purpose of saying "oh look, I didn't save Mala, I must be town". -.-
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 395, Cephrir wrote:Your replace in gave me a sliver of hope! ;_;

Ya, I'm not surprised I got shot. Dan was lurkaderping all game and everyone else was feeling positive with the last 2 lynches.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”