Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Well, I already kinda stated what I thought of IH's death but someone has since brought something I hadn't considered to the board (the existence of a doctor). Regardless, I'll restate/revise what I wrote earlier.

IH's death is interesting because he was the supposed mason partner target of HC. Unfortunately, HC and IH were unable to utilize the masonry due to HC's early death. The fact that no one argued or contradicted IH's claim to be the target of the masonry leads me to believe he's probably town. In fact, I'll go so far as to say most everyone was confident he was town before he was killed. The mafia had to know this fact too. I'm guessing they targetted IH because he was someone the town trusted to be town and wouldn't get lynched. But the mafia should have also realized that there's probably a doctor and that's when it gets into WIFOM territory. Anyways, I'm stating after the fact (probably not overly wise of me to do) that IH was probably town when we now know he was. But what does this imply?

Perhaps I can best answer that question but slapping down the list I said I'd make of scumminess. Keep in mind this is all as separate as I can make it (good luck me) from the all-stars theory. Things have changed but I'll go ahead and stick my neck out. Starting with most scummy.

1. Fletcher. As I've stated earlier, the relatively quick second vote on Xdaamno with nothing to go on but the theory of all-stars. Indicative of scumminess in my opinion.

2. TCS. His mass name claim suggestion coupled with him putting himself last makes me suspicious. Followed by his quick response of his name claim after my pointing this out almost makes me think he WANTED someone to point out he put himself last so that he could name claim early and look more innocent. Yet again, I'm venturing into WIFOM territory so I'll stop there.

3. Adam. I don't like your willingness to jump on a new vote of Xdaamno without discussing the mafia's kill. But I now realize you're betting on the all-stars theory. Read more at the bottom.

4. Xdaamno. I honestly don't see the connection with Xyzzy but in my experience, seeing connections can be very subjective. At least Xdaamno hasn't changed his playstyle which, by this point in the game, makes me think he's town. He's been on the burner enough times for me to think he would have tried to change to stay alive, he hasn't.

5. Inhim. You and I seem to think very, very differently but I'd now led to believe you are town, you just have a different playstyle or see things differently. I'm not entirely sure I can adequately explain why I don't think you're scummy than I have you, I just do.

6. Yogurt. Normally, I'd jump all over lurkers. At this point in the game, based on Days 1 and 2, I don't think Yogurt is scum. His posts, as of late, tend to be fairly useless but I no longer think his lurking is indicative of scum.

I'm most comfortable with my assessments of 1,2 and 6. 3-5 are all very close and I had a hard time actually placing them. Even as I read it now I think Adam should be lower. He seems to have been playing a good townie and picked up on the all-stars thing very quickly (sign of attentiveness and intelligence...or maybe craftiness). Anyways, I'll leave it as it is.

What are other people's thoughts?

Hmmm, someone mentioned earlier about the cop (if we have one, Shaq was an NPC cop killed before the game started) stating their investigation results. I'm thinking it'd probably be a good idea at this point. I'll have to think on it some more. I guess I'm just thinking out loud (or typing if you will).
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

Xdaamno (2): (The Central Scrutinizer, inHimshallibe)
Adam the Amazing (0):
inHimshallibe (0):
Fletcher (0):
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
Sonicpulsar (0):
YogurtBandit (0):

Not Voting (5): (Adam the Amazing, YogurtBandit, Xdaamno, Sonicpulsar, Fletcher)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

I think three isn't a bad spot for the reasoning you have. That theory is what I'm going on, and I understand if others aren't crazy to put all their eggs in that basket. Now that it's been pointed out, I would bet the last mafia member (assuming there are three and Xdammno is one) will falsely nameclaim.

I would venture a guess that I'm the first of that middle clump because I also stated who I believe to be town, who I believe has shown their innocence enough for me to have a bit of confidence in them. This could make for a fodder list for the mafia.

I also didn't like that TCS placed himself at the bottom of his list, but I can't say I fault him: if he placed himself anywhere else, what would that be saying? "I know for certain I'm town, but I believe others are town more than myself." Yeah right. As for me, had I made such a list I can say I would have also placed myself at the bottom. I'm convinced of my innocence; now my job is to convince others.

I'm really worried about how fast that day almost went. The people who voted after me and Fletcher; What's with the quicklynch tactics? If anything, it places suspicion on you and makes Xdammno look less suspicious. A good townie would not be in such a hurry to get the day over. I think someone didn't see my unvote buried in a post and tried to hammer... agreement anywhere?

With a 12 person game, I wouldn't think the only "cop" would be an NPC. Could be, but oh well. It's also entirely possible they have investigated people who have subsequently died, in which case it would be pointless to come out. Heck, I wouldn't even advise coming out with one innocent.

Well, at least we know that the mafia doesn't have any suspicions about who the power roles are, because they've gone to killing the most townie players. Hooray for being in the middle of lists!

And again, looking at post 16, it looks to me like Thok is avoiding saying that mafia are those who are not playing in the All-Star game. I realize that by shouting this theory to the high heavens and posting a link to the rosters it allows the last mafia to wait and then nameclaim, but mafia would probably be doing their research in order to be able to blend in anyway. Just a thought, so I hope my throat isn't jumped down for posting that.

Yogurtbandit, what do you think about life, the universe and everything?
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 am

Post by Xdaamno »

My patience is being tested here, as I've provided defences which have been ignored, only for a few new attackers to simply agree with everyone else.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Fletcher »

Sonicpulsar wrote:I'm keeping my
FOS Fletcher
up. I don't like that he was so quick to throw in a second vote and then just as quick to unvote. For me, I have to be fairly confident of my decision before I'll vote for someone and it then takes fairly compelling evidence to cause me to unvote and/or change my vote.

At this point, I guess I'm waiting for more name claiming. Or at least an explanation for why you (the 4 remaining people) are choosing not to. TCS, myself and Xdaamno all have.
To the first paragraph: I unvoted somply because he is one away. I would like to flesh out some of the things going on. I feel like lynching Xdaamno today is our best bet but I don't think it should happen right this second.

To the second: I'm Rasheed Wallace.
Sonicpulsar wrote: 1. Fletcher. As I've stated earlier, the relatively quick second vote on Xdaamno with nothing to go on but the theory of all-stars. Indicative of scumminess in my opinion.
Since when is voting for who you think is scummy scummy? I'm kind of in disbelief that you have a whole game to go off of and this one thing makes me top your scum list, but I digress.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:01 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Adam The Amazing wrote:If we're nameclaiming, we should do it before we know for sure whether or not the players are town and non-players are scum.

I unvoted because I don't want a ridiculously quick day. Good thing I did, too, because otherwise the day would be over. Let's slow down, and since SonicPulsar is so intent on discussing IH's death, let's do just that. I think this is showing SonicPulsar to be town, personally. SP, what do you think about it?

I don't think anybody caught that non-players were the mafia. What I quoted was posted on page one, but also on page 1 Thok stated that he was going to keep that information ambiguous for the moment (post 16). I think the only reason it got brought up again was because I replaced; the information there was months old, who could remember it?

I looked up the players for the All-Star game, it's not that I knew all the players off the top of my head. However, it's been all very big names that have been killed off; I'm a very big star as well, if I do say so. This page tells the lineups for the game. It's what I used... hooray wikipedia!

Yao Ming.
:shock:

OK, so Adam and someone that hadn't name-claimed yet at that point are scum.

unvote
vote: Adam

Argh, I've been so suspicious of Xdaamno, and I normally listen to my gut, but the Adam vote is too compelling.

I'm a Grizzly, RAWR. Pau Gasol.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Fletcher, it's obvious that you should vote for who you think is the most scummy. But when you do it based on a theory that hasn't been worked out entirely yet (still waiting for a few name claims), it seems like you're jumping on a bandwagon too quickly. At least, it's not my playstyle and I'm coming to realize that I shouldn't expect everyone or anyone to play like I do and that I shouldn't make judgement calls based on it.

It just really makes me worry about how quicly the two of you voted for Xdaamno after Night 2. And I'm more inclined to not trust the second vote, the band wagoner if you will, than the original voter. But that's just me.

The fact that you're making logical responses and putting yourself out there a bit (you floated under my radar for most of Day 1) makes me less inclinded to believe you're scum but I'm not entirely sure who I believe is scummier than you at the moment.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Inhim, I don't follow exactly why you think Adam's post is so incriminating. I agree that it's not on the up and up, but I'm not compelled to vote just yet. Just curious to why you are.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 am

inHimshallibe wrote::shock:

OK, so Adam and someone that hadn't name-claimed yet at that point are scum.

unvote
vote: Adam

Argh, I've been so suspicious of Xdaamno, and I normally listen to my gut, but the Adam vote is too compelling.

I'm a Grizzly, RAWR. Pau Gasol.
Nope. I'm a townie. Nobody can/will counterclaim Yao Ming, and you can bet the farm that he's a big enough name to make it into this game.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Xdaamno »

That's a bad defense. Like I said, a game like this without safeclaims is
very
rare, so it's safe to assume there are some.

Note I'm not attacking Adam here, I'm just pointing that out :P
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Before I came into the picture, the idea of safeclaims never were an issue. The thought of players/non-players on different sides was never an issue, because the theory had been forgotten. It's also possible the mod didn't think about someone looking up/knowing the lineups, so he didn't bother to dabble in safeclaim names.
Xdaamno wrote:EBWOP: Ooh, how about this: At the time, I think we knew it was only the all-star players were townies, right? Now, assumingly, the mod didn't provide bad names as safe claims for the scum, if they have any. Now if I was asked to roleclaim,
you're
suggesting I went with a bad name, i.e.
my own
name. Why wouldn't I use a safeclaim instead?

And if there's no safeclaims for scum, this game's quite unbalanced :P
To me, this sounds like complaining about the fact that a safeclaim wasn't provided for the mafia member, and it's now coming back to bite you in the butt. The smiley face seems like trying to come off as nonchalant, aloof, and seemingly happy for the game possibly being unbalanced, but to me it seems forced and fake. I think you're our best bet for today's lynch.

And it's
not
safe for me to assume anything. I know I'm town, I don't
know
about anybody else.

And just a little BTW: TCS, I don't know your allegiance, but Gilbert Arenas was a last minute replacement - for Jermaine O'Neal, who was in this game as a townie and got lynched day 1.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Why would someone complain about no safeclaims,
if they were scum
? What, you think I'm trying to admit I'm scum, or that I'm a mafia member illogically left with no safeclaims and having a go at Thok?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

To me, this sounds like complaining about the fact that a safeclaim wasn't provided for the mafia member, and it's now coming back to bite you in the butt. The smiley face seems like trying to come off as nonchalant, aloof, and seemingly happy for the game possibly being unbalanced, but to me it seems forced and fake. I think you're our best bet for today's lynch.
The only way the smiley could be fake is if I was 'complaining' in the first place. The smiley as evidence is circumstantial, and dosen't prove anything. I'm quite offended you think I'd be low enough to complain about the setup if I was losing.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:45 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Is it my turn to claim?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Fletcher »

You're the only one who hasn't.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:39 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

sonicpulsar - I tried to be discrete about the specific reason I voted Adam, as not all have claimed yet. Since I've thought about it, only YB is left, and he doesn't read, I think it's safe to explain.
Adam The Amazing wrote:It's also possible the mod didn't think about someone looking up/knowing the lineups, so he didn't bother to dabble in safeclaim names.
i lol'd irl

I voted Adam because I could think of no reason for Town to link the Wikipedia article. Even so, the point made against TCS is a valid one, and may be worthy of a vote.

Ugh. I blame Nekka-Lucifer.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I am Ben Wallace, of the Detroit Pistons(Well, now the Chicago Bulls)
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Vote: Xdaamno
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

The
only
time I see no-explanation votes is random voting or trying to act cool. Psssh :P

I'll assume the only reason for your vote is to keep me a L-1...
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Or scum piling on I guess, but that's beside the point, and makes you look just as bad if true >.>
Cracking Idea Mafia
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

If vanilla is all you've got for us, then I'll be hammering shortly.
Show

:

Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:12 pm

I think hammering Xdammno isn't a terrible idea, and I'm not adverse to hammering two days in a row. However, I want us to be on the same page before doing so.

IGMEOY, YogurtBandit.
You wanna know why? I think you lied. I think that's not your real name, I think you waited so long so you wouldn't risk double-claiming. The main reason for this is because my *town* PM, to not even come close to quoting :-), does NOT say my team name. Why did you include this little tidbit of information? Can anyone else verify this, or do others' dealybobs say their team names?
I think you made up the name after looking up the rosters elsewhere, possibly where I linked it. I didn't want to link for a while, but then I figured the mafia would probably have already figured out to find their own safeclaim, so I wouldn't be giving them a helping hand by broadcasting this info to all the townies.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Perhaps it's just a gut feeling at this point, but I'm not convinced in any way Yogurt is scum. He's just lurking or making useless posts.

Anyways, to get some discussion going, I'm going to

vote TCS

TCS has yet to post after my post listing people and Inhim's post where he states his willingness to possibly vote for TCS. I'd like to hear TCS's defense.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Xdaamno »

If vanilla is all you've got for us, then I'll be hammering shortly.
Bullshit. If a random guys claimed vanilla and everyone had a neutral opinion of him, he'd actually be more likely to be vanilla (Since there's usually more vanilla townies than scum. Even if this isn't always the case, he's still more likely to be vanilla). As a result, my vanilla claim shouldn't be used as a defense for me I agree, but using it as a scumtell or a reason to lynch is ridiculous.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Perhaps it's just a gut feeling at this point, but I'm not convinced in any way Yogurt is scum. He's just lurking or making useless posts.

Which... is a scum tell
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”