Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Samruc »

Great, there is a man with opinions :)
Simenon wrote:
Samruc wrote:
Yeah, that might be a more proper way of handling it
In that case, why wouldn’t you unvote?
You missed the smilie... There was nothing serious about this vote at this point. A page later I decided to keep my vote, because of his jumping at Luna.
Simenon wrote:A player not having a vote is a good reason to vote said player?
I think we already discussed this. *cough*whosaiduseful*cough
Simenon wrote:Everybody clap for Samruc for such a great post.
Everybody clap for Simenon for accusing/disregarding/prodding/voting the whole town at once. If you hadn't made that FoS-list I would have voted you for deliberately spreading chaos all over the place.
Simenon wrote:I’m almost entirely sure he claimed sk. I’m not going to say why I’m sure, but I have a good enough reason.
Since this is essentially your own claim, that reason would be quite interesting...
Daxam
Daxam
Townie
Daxam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Daxam »

Okay, Simenon, what "Daxam" wagon. The votes I recieved were probably a reaction to my inexperienced Voting moves. And why all the mass proof reading of everyone's posts. It seems to me thatyou are trying to catch smoke on the wind. There have been many posts that have appeared to be scummy, but it is no use to use them all. If you used every inexperienced player's vote and phrase to incriminate them we'll all end up lynching all the innocents and no scum. So please give us the reason for all the suspicion on almost every person who's posted.
"GIVE ME ALL THE POISON,
GIVE ME ALL THE PILLS."
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Simenon »

I think we already discussed this. *cough*whosaiduseful*cough
>.>
I read posts in isolation. Kill me already.
Everybody clap for Simenon for accusing/disregarding/prodding/voting the whole town at once. If you hadn't made that FoS-list I would have voted you for deliberately spreading chaos all over the place.
I have heard this comment before, about my replacement analysis. I don't like focussing until after I can hear comments about my analysis from others.

What does this comment have to do with the material you quoted?
Since this is essentially your own claim, that reason would be quite interesting...
I thought I already said this...
When I read the claim, I knew I was a mason, so I knew that his claim was false. Yet, as I read, I realized that I was flash, and therefore, I was the mason that he claimed.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Samruc »

I thought you would have edited your post while writing it, after finding out that (rather important) detail, but ok, that makes sense.

So... I trust the claim, but why would you out your mason partner?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Simenon »

Samruc wrote: So... I trust the claim, but why would you out your mason partner?
Only way to confirm that I am a mason.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Samruc »

If we decide we trust you for now, that won't be needed, and we wouldn't need to split up the focus of a possible doc, right?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Simenon »

Samruc wrote:If we decide we trust you for now, that won't be needed, and we wouldn't need to split up the focus of a possible doc, right?
Right now you are trusting the assumption that I am a mason. I'm really just a vanilla townie claiming to have a mason partner right now. Why should you trust me?

I have seen a scum that claimed mason, and then fumbled through the game not being able to claim a mason partner until he was eventually lynched.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Simenon »

Daxam- I made a list. The list contained three people, and then two people. That makes up 25-17% of the players.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Haut Boy »

hand banana wrote:you all unvoted?
how's this gonna help us find scum?

what we know so far>
that guy claimed mason.. it's both bad and good.
it's bad cause he outed a power role.
but it's good because i think we can trust this claim 100%. there was no reason for him to lie in that situation.
and if he stayed in the game, considering his style, i guess he would be either forced to claim, or maybe he would even get lynched... so i think, given the fact that he sucked, doing what he did heleped town much more than him staying in the game.

we now have 1 verified townie.
and wifom with mafia a doc (protecting him) should save him for NKing..

---
so.. to conclude.. : that guy only saved us some time and possibly prevented a power role mislynch. we're more than fine.
now we need to hunt some scum!
Vote: Hand Banana

This whole post strikes me as off. It's peppered with just enough "onoz!!!1!11" that it doesn't seem opportunistic, but I just get a really bad vibe from Bananaman because of this post in particular. Personally, I would have preferred if 007 hadn't claimed.

Really, the only thing right about that post is "now we need to hunt some scum!".
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:31 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Simenon wrote:
Yagami
I would rather pressure unvote vote: 007Flash for not being here yet.

This is even worse, being that it’s only the 19th post in the game.
Yeah, but we had nothing to really go on so we had to start somewhere.
Simenon wrote:
Yagami
Since you were the last person, what took so long, and why Luna? I mean there are several people with no votes, and not really much reason to pressure her.
Blech. I dislike this post intensely.
The answer to the first question is obvious. He wasn’t there on time. Even if he was lurking, you almost have to give him the benefit of the doubt simply because the game was still on the first page.
The answer to the second question: there was a random wagon. They don’t actually pressure people if they isn’t any pressure to start with.
Yagami
He was the last person to post, he jumps on the Luna bandwagon, says I'm here. Like you said though, Daxam, there's not much to go on yet, but I felt this could be a start, because he didn't have to jump on Luna's bandwagon, there are people with just one vote, and several people with no votes. As for my vote, it was as good as anything, and it was only the second vote, if his had been the second vote, I wouldn't have asked.
A player not having a vote is a good reason to vote said player?
Again, we had to start somewhere, and I don't think not having a vote is a good reason to vote for them, what I was saying was that he Comes in says I'm here, and disappears agian, leaving a vote on Luna, he put Luna at -3, so I was wondering why, if he had a reason. If your gonna pressure people you should be able to question them, rather than putting a vote on them and talking about other things.
Simenon wrote:
Yagami
If we don't try pressuring someone, we'll never get anything. We need a little pressure to keep the conversation going, and to find the scum.

This from the person who voted 007 for wagonning.
Yeah, but he put her at -3 without saying anything, you aren't going to figure anything out if no one says anything.
Simenon wrote:
Yagami
Hand Banana, I think that claim is on the fringes of WIFOM, he had no reason to lie to us if he was town, but if he was scum, then he could have claimed anything so as not to make the game harder for his partners.
In other news, Heather, your last two posts were a vote on Hand Banana for not talking much, then saying that you admit that you need to be more active. Any reason keeping your vote on Hand Banana, I mean Haut Boy, Inarticulation, Lunalovegood, and you have posted less, plus, at the time there were better reasons to vote, such as Daxam putting someone at -2.
So, for now, vote Heatherlou

No. No, no no. Scum do not lie and claim mason and then not get lynched. No.

And perhaps heather, say, found the daxam wagon disagreeable, as you had when you unvoted him? Would that make her scummy?
Okay, if there were no masons, then it could happen, because no one to counter claim, and the Town wont want to out the other masons so the scum know who they are. Also, post 156, you admit you shouldn't be necessarily cleared, that you've seen scum try this.
ALso, with heather, if you read her post, she says she
liked
daxam placing the -2 vote, because it got us talking. Scummy actions get us talking, and if she goes by this, then she wont vote anyone who does something scummy.
Simenon wrote:
Yagami
Wait, you said you voted for Hand Banana for not posting enough, was there something you never mentioned?
Why does a person ever choose to vote one lurker over another? Because, despite both lurkers committing the same crime, one is also scummier than the other. But that doesn’t change the fact you voted one for lurking!
Thats true, I did originally vote for him for lurking, but then I kept it on based on his responses. If she has another reason for voting him, why doesn't she share it? You even question it, first thing in post 144.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Simenon wrote:I thought I already said this...
When I read the claim, I knew I was a mason, so I knew that his claim was false. Yet, as I read, I realized that I was flash, and therefore, I was the mason that he claimed.
Welcome to the game.

A quick question: did the mod not tell you who you were replacing, or did you intentionally not check before analyzing the game? If it's the latter, then that's an interesting tactic.

As for Flash's mason claim: I'm willing to believe it for now, since it's day one and we can afford to look elsewhere. Mason is an odd role to claim for scum, though, as it would eventually force you to link yourself to another scum player, making it dangerous for either party to die. Regardless of how Flash looked, Simeon is not the play for today.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Simenon wrote:Why would you be suspicious of the player you think is most protown?
Because I am suspicious of everyone. Until I become a scum catching machine, I will find everyone suspicious, yes, even you colin ;)
Me wrote:Thanks nem

@Haschel. You can pretty much learn nothing from that. At this point I'm saying that I'd rather not pressure-vote anyone, but later on I may do it because it may seem more useful
What I mean is that at this point we have things that we can discuss at this point so pressure voting anyone is trivial.

Clearer?
Haut Boy wrote: Vote: Hand Banana

This whole post strikes me as off. It's peppered with just enough "onoz!!!1!11" that it doesn't seem opportunistic, but I just get a really bad vibe from Bananaman because of this post in particular. Personally, I would have preferred if 007 hadn't claimed.

Really, the only thing right about that post is "now we need to hunt some scum!".
LFR, this does not look good for you. I trust the fact that you can find out why yourself?
Haschel Cedricson wrote: As for Flash's mason claim: I'm willing to believe it for now, since it's day one and we can afford to look elsewhere. Mason is an odd role to claim for scum, though, as it would eventually force you to link yourself to another scum player, making it dangerous for either party to die. Regardless of how Flash looked, Simeon is not the play for today.
Its a double-edged gambit, but it may be a good one at a later point in the game
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

FaerieLord wrote:LFR, this does not look good for you. I trust the fact that you can find out why yourself?
Are you referring to Haut Boy or Hand Banana? What the hell does LFR mean?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 am

Post by Simenon »

YagamiLight wrote: Yeah, but he put her at -3 without saying anything, you aren't going to figure anything out if no one says anything.
Why flash, then? Why not Haschel, who just wagons without saying anything at all?
Part of pressuring is that you don't influence what the players says under pressure.
Okay, if there were no masons, then it could happen, because no one to counter claim, and the Town wont want to out the other masons so the scum know who they are.
Scum don't claim masons because if they claim their mason partner, and one of them dies, the other is certain to die with him. Therefore, it's the possibility of two scum deaths that keep scum from claiming mason.
Also, post 156, you admit you shouldn't be necessarily cleared, that you've seen scum try this.
ONLY WITHOUT CLAIMING A PARTNER. That's the important thing.
Thats true, I did originally vote for him for lurking, but then I kept it on based on his responses. If she has another reason for voting him, why doesn't she share it? You even question it, first thing in post 144.
I questioned it because she backed down to quickly on her own attack, not because of the argument itself.
Haschel wrote:A quick question: did the mod not tell you who you were replacing, or did you intentionally not check before analyzing the game? If it's the latter, then that's an interesting tactic.
I checked the role, but not the name. Bad habit.
FaerieLord wrote: LFR, this does not look good for you. I trust the fact that you can find out why yourself?
I still think handbanana is a good vote.

SEND THE VECTOIDS
SEND THE VECTOIDS
lunalovegood72107
lunalovegood72107
Townie
lunalovegood72107
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:30 am

Post by lunalovegood72107 »

This is a hard choice to make, and I don't really think we should trust him without proof, as bad as that would be for him and his partner. And...

[quote=Simenon]Why would you be suspicious of the player you think is most protown? [/quote]
Becuase you shouldn't trust anyone, for obvious reasons.

[quote=Simenon]Saying you missed a page is an excuse. Do you know what "excuse" means? [/quote]]
Maybe, oh, I don't know, he ACTUALLY missed a page. I don't see why that's so far-fetched.

'Tis all for now.
lunalovegood72107
lunalovegood72107
Townie
lunalovegood72107
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:31 am

Post by lunalovegood72107 »

Grr i forgot the quotes...
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:29 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Flash was just more or less random at the original vote, but then I stayed for the Bandwagoning, Haschel's is bad too, it was just that I was talking to Flash at the time to find out
his
reasons for doing so.
Also, Flash never claimed a partner, so it is possible, and it is always possible that the scum claim an innocent is mason, I've seen a game were an innocent and scum claimed mason together, because the innocent thought he wasn't scum and was trying to protect him. I doubt that happens very often but it's a possibility.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Simenon »

Becuase you shouldn't trust anyone, for obvious reasons.
Please, please read that in context.
Maybe, oh, I don't know, he ACTUALLY missed a page. I don't see why that's so far-fetched.

But you see, luna, I'm not allowed to trust anyone, remember? ;)

Or perhaps, he immediately missed a page, just as another player had, right after someone accused him of lurking. Of course it could be a coincidence. I'm saying it isn't.
I've seen a game were an innocent and scum claimed mason together, because the innocent thought he wasn't scum and was trying to protect him.
What game was this?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Nocmen »

It has been 48 hours since the prods. Inarticulation has not picked up his prod, so I will be searching for a replacement.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Simenon »

I may have questionable access for the next week. I have no idea currently whether I will be able to post or not.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Adam the Amazing replaces Inarticulation effective immediately.

Vote count coming up tomorrow morning (because I'm too tired to do it now)
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

If I can find the game I will post a link, but just to be clear, it was referenced, and I went and read it.
-Al Franken-
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

I'm here, I've read the game. I don't have much to say ATM, but I can say I probably won't come in here like a whirlwind of a replacement like Simenon did.

However, I want to say this. The mafia wouldn't know whether or not there's a mason couple out there, so claiming mason would be a bad call D1. I don't think mafia would do it that early. They would wait to see if it seemed like anybody was working in a tandem/pair, and if they don't see anyone like that they would figure it's safe to claim. I realize that last sentence was poorly articulated, oh well.

I had no idea who I was replacing for until I got to the last page. It wasn't in the replacement thread, it wasn't in my PM. If the situation was handled the same way for me as for Simenon, I support that.

I am inclined to believe his claim for now. More later. Bed now. Heather, I'm still on for Saturday. :-)
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ready to do it when you are, Adam.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote Count:
hand banana - 3 (heatherlou, Simeon, Haut Boy)
Haschel Cedricson - 2 (Adam the Amazing, hand banana)
Daxam - 1 (Nanosarumo)
Adam the Amazing - 1 ( Samruc)
Samruc - 1 (Haschel Cedricson)
heatherlou - 1 (YagamiLight)

Not Voting: 3(FaerieLord, lunalovegood72107, Daxam)

12 Alive, 7 needed to lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”