Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Vollkan wrote:...it looks suspiciously like you are hunting for a power role.
Hm, ABR accused ryan once before of "fishing for a power role", what does that mean anyway? Doesn't everyone want to find out who is Doc, Vig, Cop etc?

Votecount:
ryan (1): Paradoxombie
Miztef (1): vollkan

Not voting (5): =Confused=, Miztef, ryan, d3sisted, Sir Tornado

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

d3sisted wrote:
Vollkan wrote:...it looks suspiciously like you are hunting for a power role.
Hm, ABR accused ryan once before of "fishing for a power role", what does that mean anyway? Doesn't everyone want to find out who is Doc, Vig, Cop etc?
Not at all.

Imagine that, say, you prove or give reasons suggesting that Person X is the vig. In that case you can be dead sure that tonight the scum will NK that Person X, hence causing the town to lose Person X and be at a considerable disadvantage.

This is the very reason why people don't just claim their power role immediately once the game starts.

"Fishing for a power role" is a common accusation levelled against persons who try and search out in thread who the power roles are, either by giving evidence or just saying things like "Who do you think is the vig?".

Of course, you should be thinking about it in your head; but posting it in the thread will only help the scum.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by d3sisted »

AH, of course.

Wow, I can't believe that wasn't obvious to me.

....Shit.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:57 am

Post by ryan »

=confused= Anything on your re-read?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:44 am

Post by =Confused= »

This game hurts my head. Seriously.

I'm hoping to work my way though the player list and post my thoughts. It's been a bit hard because a few of you are hard to read.

Okay, on day one, Miztef was on every substantial bandwagon that day, hopping around like a frog. (VanDamien, Snichkin, ABR and eventually the hammer on Hurrikaty) This really shows that he was quick to change his mind and too me at least, looks like he was trying to stay in the towns favor, swinging any which way the wind blows. He has already tried to explain this away by mentioning how he often changes his mind, but I don't think that excuses the behavior at all.

Apart from his love for the bandwagons, his actual actions and justifications for his hopping around is what really pulls him down in my eyes.
Miztef wrote:-I don't like snichkin's "I'm trying to prove a point" attitude, but it seems more pro-town to me then scummy
And in his very next post...
Miztef wrote:well, now that we are all getting along, should we vote for snichkin and see what happens? he seems to be the one that is tingling people's scumdars.

Or we could go after a lurker to try to get this game moving?
I believe Sir T also mentioned this and Miztef tried to explain it away by saying the game was in a lull, but I don't really think that was true either. In between his two posts ABR and Ryan have a little exchange and he changes his tune pretty quick (in the space of a day) after Ryan also mentioned he wanted to see more from Snichkin and ABR stated he didn't trust him. Maybe he could see this as another easy bandwagon.

Skip forward a little bit and we have Miztef on ABR bandwagon... even though he thinks he is a pro town player...
Miztef wrote:Your strategy in this game is just insane Rampage.
I want to believe your scum due to the tells, but my gut tells me your pro-town.
This just frustrates me alot, and it helps me little to discern who the scum may be.

I'm going to have to keep my vote on you because I dislike the way your playing, and I don't think it should be tolerated as a pro-town way of playing.
At this point things were looking rightfully bleak for ABR, I don't really blame the people that went after him because his play baffles me. But this quote right here just really stunk to me. To me it really looks like Miztef is just making any excuse he can to justify his stay on the wagon. Voting someone for bad play is one thing. Voting someone for bad play when you believe they're town is quite another. Especially when they are looking close to a lynch.
Miztef wrote:I agree with vollkan here. Ryan, why did you vote ABR when you acknowledged a day 2 lynch as better?

I think ryan is a candidate for lynching today.
That slip up, with the addition of albert's points, are really building up a case. Although, most of this can be accounted for by inexperience. Paradox has made mistakes too, but I can see alot of this is inexperience as well.

Right now, I'm actually leaning towards lynching a lurker.
Snichkin had that early mess-up, darhken just plain hasen't posted much, and Stallingchamp hasn't posted too much either. I'm going to go with
unvote vote: Snichkin
. His early screw up and then dissapearing act bugs me the most of all the lurkers.
Another post that baffles me. Ryan has started to get attention (rightfully so) but once again Miztef latches on to another players theory, like he has been doing all game. The only thing is that this time, he agrees that Ryan is a lynching target because of the things he has done, but then in the next breath wants to lynch a lurker. It's almost as if he wants to be seen as seriously looking at Ryan (like the others are) but he very quick to deflect attention over to someone who can't as readily defend themselves.

Maybe it's just me as a player but people in game making scummy moves are higher on my scumdar than someone who has clearly gone missing from the thread.

Day two comes with more posts by Miztef that strike me as scummy.
Miztef wrote:A little upfront with your opinion there aren't you VD?

just a few posts ago you were voting vollkan, yet now you basically saying you're fairly sure Paradox and DeathSauce are scum? Just seems a bit off to me, however I do agree that paradox and deathsauce are fine suspects.
He believes DS to be a fine suspect? This is his first real mention of DeathSauce in this day and hasn't mentioned previously any strong suspicions of him. This struck me as very odd.

And what do we get a mere few posts later?
Miztef wrote:I believe this game needs more evidence overall. We should start bandwagoning/voting with intent to lynch people we find scummy and get some more information.I've already tried paradox, but he's seems to busy to defend himself at this time anyway. I'll try up to try deathsauce or VD next. If not them, then Ryan or Trust are fine with me as well.

I'll send out a
unvote vote: DeathSauce
first, as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones. (Vollkan, ryan, VD)

Some of the evidence against DeathSauce can be read in post 514 by ryan. I will try to further build the case.
ryan wrote:DeathSauce: Thinks ABR is town (215) Wants to get new players imput to get some fresh perspective. Finds VD made a quick vote on ABR’s death and is suspicious. 502 again seems distracting and not much into finding scum. Basically just about ABR, being gone and doesn’t have anything to say. Also brings up the setup (again) eventually we are going to have to worry more about scum instead of the setup and numbers that are counterproductive and done (IMO) to look active when you really aren’t.
Seriously... there are so many things wrong here in this post it blows my mind.

Firstly he unvotes Para just because “he seems too busy to defend himself”. Hell if I thought someone was scum I would push and push and push until they put up some defense. Para pretty much ignores Miztef and he's fine with that. How does that makes ANY sense? Well because he has found an easier target of course!

He slaps a vote on DS even though DS had made it abundantly clear that he would be away from the thread. How Miztef can justify taking his vote off one “busy” player just to plop it down on the next, I'll never understand. But that's what he does.

He then goes on to say
“as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones”
(about DS). This confuses me because as I said about the quote before he hadn't mentioned DS all day. Not once! Not until VD mentions him and he responds directly to that. To this point he has stated not one reason why he finds DS scummy. Not one. And yet he represents here that he had already made his case clear.

He also clings onto the hope that because others find DS scummy (Vollkan, ryan, VD) they won't push him, and he's right. He gets away with jumping on the wagon with zero reasons apart from apparently agreeing with what others have said. His vote is opportunistic at best.

And then to put the cherry on the top he uses
Ryan's
reasons as if that should explain everything! Well it doesn't as Ryan was basically the pot calling the kettle black with regards to the whole not posting content argument with DS.

So yeah, that post has me screaming for Miztef's blood.

The next thing of note I have in my notes is the whole unvoting fiasco. I really really hated that ploy and I really don't understand why it was even tried. As already has been discussed at great length, it really has zero benefits for town or scum. It was a very high risk move and does little to ease my mind about Miztef.

The next few pages are really about different play styles and how different plays saw Miztef's play. It does result in a little spat between Ryan and Miztef who up until now I had pegged as possible scum partners. Now Ryan voting for Miztef and his “trap” is completely understandable, it was a terrible play. Maybe this was the ploy to help them distance each other because although Ryan votes for him, he constantly reminds the town that he felt Miztef was “pro town” up until this point. This effectively gives him a decent “opt out clause” if things got too close for comfort.

Now DS was a good target for them to go after as he never really made a case against either of them and after awhile started to come off quite defensive. If he had gone back and actually shown the town with quotes that Miztef NEVER made any kind of case for his lynch and WAS being a opportunistic scum bag, then things might have been different. But he never did this and ultimately paid the price.

I will
FOS: Miztef
here which I will happily upgrade to a vote when there has been ample discussion today. I no idea that my post would be so long and I haven't even touched on the rest of the players. I'm working on my post on Ryan, but I have to dash away. It will be up soon, but I didn't want to fall back on my word.

More to come!
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by d3sisted »

A dazzling contribution, =Confused=. The evidence on Miztef is piling up quite expeditiously.

I made an accusation on you earlier with the possibility of your being SK, Vig, or GF, but you failed to defend. Care to address that, or do you plan on just letting it slide?

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

Well done =confused= for making a good post. This game has been frozen for so long now that it is nice to see some substance from multiple players again.

Moving on,
=confused= wrote: At this point things were looking rightfully bleak for ABR, I don't really blame the people that went after him because his play baffles me. But this quote right here just really stunk to me. To me it really looks like Miztef is just making any excuse he can to justify his stay on the wagon. Voting someone for bad play is one thing. Voting someone for bad play when you believe they're town is quite another. Especially when they are looking close to a lynch.
Your point on his ABR vote also made me think of his HK hammering post. Miz also expressed caution there when he apologised for hammering. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but in both cases he expresses regret as though he is preemptively trying to justify a town death.

In regards to the DS vote, Miz voted DS in #539.
Now, in #500 he posted his suspicions: Trust, VD and Para. Notice: No DS
then in #526 we get
Miz wrote: @ VD: well, you... but if that's true then more then likely 1 or none of your suspects are scum.

Therefore, I'd have to say I find you, DeathSauce, and Paradox the most scummy, but not likely to be a scumgroup together. My forth choice would have to be a tie between Trust/ryan at this time.
DS suddenly appears and, not only that, he rises higher than Trust but Miz gives absolutely no explanation as to why.

The other interesting thing is that Miz relies on me along with Ryan and VD in his voting post #539. The strange thing is, though, that the only comment I had made expressing any suspicion of DS was in my post #527:
Vollkan wrote: Para is definitely at the top of my list, followed by DeathSauce and then I am kind of lost. I am least suspicious of Miztef and, other than that, I can see reasons all round. If I had to pick a third I would probably say Ryan or VD. Having said that, though, we have Stalling and TopHat who we really know nothing about at all, so my suspicions are only based on the "active" players.
Of course, none of that by me was particularly strong, and I had only said it in response to a request to outline my thoughts at that point. My suspicion on Para was, I think, based on his justification for changing to HK (going by what I said in #507) and for DS it was to do with lack of content, this also being the cause of my suspicion of Ryan at . VD was, going by #507 again, due to his HK change.

Anyway, my point is that Miz used me to justify his vote when I had not actually given any explanation for why I suspected DS. I think that demonstrates just how weak my suspicion was but, nonetheless, Miz actually used my unexplained and weak suspicion to justify his own vote; just a tad opportunistic there.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Mod: a prod on SirTornado and Miztef, please. It's been a month since they last posted and I am anxious for their reply.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP: It's been a month since Miztef last posted, and I am anxious for his reply. SirTornado last posted on Aug 6th, and he continues to post actively... just not in this thread.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by ryan »

=confused= I admit it's been a little while since I re-read the entire thread but even you have brought up some stuff I had forgotten about with Miz, nicely done. I might need to do a little reading up on him again.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by vollkan »

I just checked Miz's posting history from his user profile. His last post in this thread is actually his most recent post in ANY GAME. Hence, I think it is quite likely that he has actually left the site.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:19 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

I have already explained my views on Mitzef on D2, to which he replied very unsatisfactorily. (I am not a big fan of "I make mistakes" argument) I think he is quite likely to be scum.

It would be a shame if Miz would have had to be replaced, because replacements always tend to get away with a lot of things that the original player won't be able to, and they are not able to (or, are not required to) explain their predecessor's play.

I do not like d3sisted asking =Confused= whether she is the Vig or not. That is very bad play, IMO. Vollkan and I did a few numbers a couple of weeks ago, check them out to know exactly why.
I'm back!
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by d3sisted »

@SirTornado: I’m prying because I am still convinced that Sir Tornado or =Confused= is the SK. I’ve considered the possibility that the two factions targeted the same townie, but that just doesn’t fly with me.
In another thread, when someone got NKed by two separate groups, the Mod gave two methods of death: shot AND stabbed. I was wondering if someone (maybe even Mod) could clarify whether the inclusion of this information compulsory?

One more thing: In post 707, VD voted ryan. Next day, VD is dead. Coincidence?

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by ryan »

d3sisted: Or the mafia framing
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

d3sisted wrote:@SirTornado: I’m prying because I am still convinced that Sir Tornado or =Confused= is the SK. I’ve considered the possibility that the two factions targeted the same townie, but that just doesn’t fly with me.
In another thread, when someone got NKed by two separate groups, the Mod gave two methods of death: shot AND stabbed. I was wondering if someone (maybe even Mod) could clarify whether the inclusion of this information compulsory?

One more thing: In post 707, VD voted ryan. Next day, VD is dead. Coincidence?
At the start of D2, both the kills were "shot"... no one was stabbed or anything other happened... and, even if both the scum and SK target the same person, it is totally depends upon the mod how the death scene is written (although, generally, mods write "shot twice", or "shot and stabbed" or "shot and eaten", etc)

Why are you so convinced there is a SK and not a Vig?
I'm back!
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Sir Tornado wrote:Why are you so convinced there is a SK and not a Vig?
I'll explain everything later, as I promised earlier.
Sir Tornado wrote:...or "shot and eaten",
I lolled at that. :lol:

That said, I'd like to turn your attention to another matter...

I have been holding this back waiting for Miztef to address my first onslaught, but now that he’s about to get replaced, I think it’s time I spilt this dirt.
The evidence: a recapitulated PBPA of Miztef and Vollkan.
You’ll notice that I give profuse attention to the discrepancy of whether Rampage should be lynched D1 or D2. Keep this in mind, and I’ll go over the entire story in detail in an upcoming post. For now, just know that I find those pushing his lynch to D2 to be exceedingly scummy.

Vollkan, 236, Supports Miztef's plan to lynch Rampage D2 rather than D1, then puts
FoS on para.

Miztef, 238, Counters paras' suggestion to lynch Rampage D1.
Votes para.

Vollkan, 241, Reiterates why it is advantageous to lynch Rampage D2.
BW votes para.

Vollkan 261, Sees a flaw in Miztef's plan
Miztef, 265, Defends his plan with a solution, albeit a sloppy one. Also mentions Rampage's death is absolutely necessary.
Vollkan, 268, Support for Miztek's plan, accepts Miztef's aforementioned solution. Goes on to criticize the plan to lynch Rampage D1.
Miztef, 278, Agrees with Vollkan
Miztef, 287, More "I don't want to kill Rampage until D2"
Vollkan, 292, Tries to convince Ryan to support Miztef’s plan, claims it is ‘safer’.
Miztef, 301, Urges cop to claim. It has not yet been discussed, nay, mentioned whether we might have a doctor; the cop’s claim would be beneficial only to mafia.
Vollkan, 306, “Perhaps we shouldn’t lynch Rampage at all. In any case, it would be unwise to lynch Rampage today.”
Vollkan, 357, Wonders whether DogMom’s number crunching has affected “Lynch Rampage today” crew.
Miztef, 479, defends Vollkan by calling him pro-town
Miztef and Vollkan also frequently ask whether HK warrants a lynch, looking for consensus and approval on Hurrikaty’s lynch.
Vollkan, 492, Sides with Miztef on a ludicrous suggestion. Lauds Miztef for delaying Hurrikaty’s hammer, defends him a bit too.
Miztef, 500, Finds VD suspicious for voting Vollkan. Defends Vollkan, stating he is “quite helpful” and thus has “little reason to vote him”.
Vollkan, 507, Defends Miztef from Paradoxombie’s lashing, even though Para astutely raised a convincing point against Miztef.
Miztef, 524, Between Vollkan and Trust, he finds Trust more scummy.
Miztef, 526, Considers
VD, DS, Para
to be scummiest; 2 of those 3 are town. Next on his list
ryan and Trust.

Vollkan, 527, Agrees
Para is most suspicious, followed by DS , ryan, and VD
(identical to Miztef’s suspicions). Reiterates that he is least suspicious of Miztef.
Vollkan, 538, Wants to know if ryan considers Miztef and VD town.
Miztef, 539, BWs DeathSauce along with ryan, mentioning Vollkan and VD feel the same way about DS.
Vollkan, 560, Miztef strikes him as (you guessed it,) pro-town.
Vollkan, 593,
Vote DeathSauce

Miztef, 597,
Confirm Vote DeathSauce

Miztef, 605, Admits to the Hidden Unvote ruse. “I don’t really think lynching DS at this time is the right option.”
Vollkan, 606, Claims to have seen the unvote. In fact, he's the only one. Notice, he does not reprimand Miztef for it.
Miztef, 609, Admits he wouldn’t have cared if DS was lynched. (Inconsistent with his 605)
Miztef, 612, OMGUS Votes VD in defending the Unvote ploy.
Vollkan, 613, Viciously lashes out at Miztef for playing unscrupulously. (Inconsistent with 606). He doesn’t vote Miztef though, just FoS. Like Miztef, he would’ve been happy with DS’ lynch. Although Vollkan caught the unvote, he did not say anything despite DS’ imminent death; he would rather see DS die. “but given Miztef's actions I don't feel confident voting for [DeathSauce]” (Oh well, he ends up voting DS anyway.)
Vollkan, 615, Again says Miztef looks more scummy than DS because of the unvote ploy. (Inconsistent with 606.)
Vollkan, 619, Returns to defending Miztef,
suspects Death
and VD for voting Miztef. Indirectly defends Miztef by saying those on Death’s wagon aren’t scum (ah, that must be why he later votes DS too!). Agrees with Miztef concerning the status of DS.
Vollkan, 628, Defends Miztef AND the unvote ruse. Following some more insubstantial reasoning,
he accuses DS
Vollkan, 633, Is ardently defending Miztef now. (BTW, your "I put a hat on and it rained" argument makes me want to puke; I should vote you lynched just for even
attempting
to apply such inane reasoning.) Goes on to defend the unvote ploy before trying to fortify Miztef’s self-defence. Accuses DS of exaggerating Miztef’s scumminess.
Vollkan, 635/639, Defends Miztef against Ryan, DS, and VD’s assault
Volkan, 645,
Finally starts to scrutinize Miztef’s unvote plan.

Miztef, 646,
Agrees that his plan is flawed.

Miztef, 658, Votes DS. Pretty much OMGUS. No substantiation whatsoever.
Vollkan, 674, Calls the evidence against Miztef weak. Accuses DS for unjustified suspicion against Miztef, saying there is no reason to think Miztef scummy. Votes DS along with Miztef.
Vollkan, 696, “case against Miz is feeble at best”
Vollkan, 698, Gives reasons why he didn’t vote Miztef.
Vollkan, 723, Explains again why Rampage should be lynched D2 rather than D1. Claims it would be LyLo otherwise, when it’s not; you’re the one who crunched the numbers, Vollkan.
Vollkan, 782, Despite the comprehensive evidence I gave on Miztef, he still tries to defend him, saying one of my arguments is weak. Revives the theory of a
Ryan/Miztef mafia, most likely to throw everyone off the Miztef/Vollkan trail.
(Notice that henceforth, Vollkan opens up on all the suspicion he has of Miztef, and frantically tries to distance.)
Vollkan, 794, Changes course and now fervently defends the Miztef/ryan conjecture.

All this brings me to the crux of my post:
Vollkan wrote: d3sisted's new evidence have pretty much solidified my suspicion of Miz.
For the last thirty-two pages, you two have been unfailingly supporting and defending each other. And don’t deny it either; I’ve just provided two full pages of irrefutable proof.

By the way, Vollkan: don’t try to use your pre-emptive distancing to consolidate your “suspicion” of Miztef. I deliberately postponed this post to see if you would hastily agree with me and hurriedly slap one on Miztef, which you do (794).

ryan, I hope I've adequately addressed your question in 784.

Vote Miztef
FoS Vollkan

I’ve dawdled long enough. Let’s see some goddamned progress here.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Adam The Amazing will be replacing Miztef. Thank you. Deadline is still August 23.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Okay, I'm here and from reading the last page, it looks like I'm in a hole. I'll catch up on the other 800 posts and then tell what I think, but with someone asking whether Confused or Sir Tornado is the SK, I would have to say ST should die anyway... yes, I'm referencing Newbie 402.

Vote: Sir Tornado

This vote has no basis and no purpose.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:38 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Sigh...

FOS: ATA (formerly Mitzef)

We are at LyLo. You can't carry past grudges into this game.
I'm back!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:58 am

Post by vollkan »

First up, welcome to Adam...interesting first post though.

Now, d3s's latest post. I'll try to cover as much as I can by the major areas, starting with the ABR Plan. If I miss anything/you want a clarification let me know; there is a lot of content there for me to address. I will address some of your specific post refs (you'll see why) and in other cases I will address the general area.

Now, you note that in my post #723 I:
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 723, Explains again why Rampage should be lynched D2 rather than D1. Claims it would be LyLo otherwise, when it’s not; you’re the one who crunched the numbers, Vollkan.
That isn't exactly right. I said:
Vollkan wrote: My initial gut belief was that a later lynch was better since I assumed we would be better informed and less likely to potentially have 3 town deaths (ABR, his hammerer and ABR's target). I got tremendously muddled up with my numbers in the likes of [261], where I said 5:3 was a loss. I almost made that error again a few days ago and my reason was that I read it as "3 scum out of 5 players". I can't remember what prompted me to write that 5:3 was a loss here, but it was possibly the same reason.

Regardless, I thought a D1 lynch of ABR could cause a LYLO D2 and, hence, I thought a D2 lynch was better, though I realise it has many problems as well.

As you say, you haven't reread me yet, but in [306] I stated that DogMom's point that we shouldn't lynch ABR at all unless we were certain he was scum. DogMom was pretty convincing from then on and I agreed with what she had said, hoping it would have changed the minds of the D1 lynch supporters; and also she through out my dodgy numbers and proved that the best option was just to refrain altogether (as I said back in [357]).
In your PBPA you said that I justified a D2 lynch in #732, which I did not. Likewise, I did not say it was LYLO, I said that was what I thought at the time.

As I said in #732, back in #357 I expressed concern upon the plan based on Dogmom's numbers. In #357 I said:
Vollkan wrote: Doozy is a good way of putting it. DogMom really outdid my feeble attempt at numbers analysis. I think waiting for Ivy is our best bet, since it will give us more information in order to potentially make a more informed lynch today.

Also, has DogMom's wall of numbers altered the stance of the "Lynch ABR today" people?
In your PBPA, all you say about #357 is that:
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 357, Wonders whether DogMom’s number crunching has affected “Lynch Rampage today” crew.
That really is not an accurate reflection of what I said. The way you present it makes it look far more suspicious that what I actually said.

That aside, the only defence I can have for my support of the plan is what I said in #732. At the time when Miz's plan was first raised people were calling for a D1 ABR lynch. As per #732, I felt a D2 was safer but Dogmom threw me off it altogether.

Moving on,
Vollkan wrote: Miztef and Vollkan also frequently ask whether HK warrants a lynch, looking for consensus and approval on Hurrikaty’s lynch.
Vollkan, 492, Sides with Miztef on a ludicrous suggestion. Lauds Miztef for delaying Hurrikaty’s hammer, defends him a bit too.
The basis of my hesitation was if anyone had objections to a lynch at that point. In #427 I was still wavering as to whether it would be a good idea to give HK another opportunity to explain herself.

Then Miz raised the suicidal thing, which I didn't know how to deal with. I thought it was unlikely but this was my first mini game and I didn't know whether such a thing was common or not. I said I thought it would be unlikely given ABR's claim, but it concerned me.

Now, you then refer to my #492 and, again, you misrepresent it. The bit I think you are referring to in #492 is:
vollkan wrote: I strongly suspected HK; there was a good case against her. However, I did not want to lynch at that stage in case I had overlooked a reason not to lynch, which Miztef raised. At that point, Miztef could also have hammered but chose not to because of that possibility, which was another reason why I thought it would be reasonable to wait. I hadn't considered that there might have been a suicidal role, so while I dismissed it as unlikely, it made me stop and reconsider.

As you say, maybe we have a different playstyle. I didn't want to lynch in case there was something I had not considered, which arose in the form of the suicidal possibility. Since that presented an additional risk, I wanted to know how serious people thought that risk was.
I did not "side with Miztef". Miz's bringing up of the suicidal role (if it was ludicrous, I didn't know that) and his subsequent hesitation made me think that it could be feasible.

Next,
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 507, Defends Miztef from Paradoxombie’s lashing, even though Para astutely raised a convincing point against Miztef.
Again, this is not accurate. Para queried an accusation by Miz and I explained to Para what I thought it was about. I didn't defend Miz, I just tried to make sense of what he had said. The other mention of Miz in my #507 was when I said:
Vollkan wrote: What I am pointing to here, is that both VD and Para wanted ABR lynched and then changed to HK. Miztef's post did not deal with them both. Something else is the way that they justified their change of mind - VD: "...as its next best lead" and Para: "...I was very wrong. Just wow."
From what I gather, I didn't like the fact that both VD and Para shifted in such an odd way. This wasn't defensive of Miz, the reference to Miz was (by the looks of it) in differentiation from the "next best lead" thing. Having said that, I am unsure what I mean by "Miztef's post".
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 527, Agrees Para is most suspicious, followed by DS , ryan, and VD (identical to Miztef’s suspicions). Reiterates that he is least suspicious of Miztef.
Not identical, actually.
Miz, in order of suspicion, was 1) VD 2) DS 3) Para 4) Trust/Ryan
Mine, in order, were 1) Para 2) DS 3) Ryan/VD.

At the time, Miz didn't look suspicious to me.

Anyway, they weren't identical; so why did you say they were? "very similar" would have been a fairer assessment.

Next,
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 538, Wants to know if ryan considers Miztef and VD town.
Not correct. That post was me seeking Ryan's clarification of a post which HE made in which he said:
Ryan wrote: Para has a couple of votes on him from (IMO) pro town players.
The players voting Para were Miz and VD. Hence my question. The reason I asked I actually explained in #538, until that point Ryan had given no indication of his thoughts. Hence, his suggestion that he thought Miz and VD were pro-town was his first expression of his opinion. In fact, in that very post I followed my question up with "It would be also be good to know your opinion as to who is scum".

Next,
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 560, Miztef strikes him as (you guessed it,) pro-town.
That post was where I first addressed the Ryan/VD/Miz thing. In that context, I said that whilst I was suspicious of Ryan and VD to an extent, Miz had struck me as pro-town. However, I also noted an inconsistency with Miz having found Para most suspicious but was now voting DS.

Hence, if anything that post was critical of Miz, whereas your construction of it suggests anything but.

Something interesting, in your PBPA section on the unvote debacle, you omit my post #617. This is important because you thrice refer to inconsitency with #606.
In #617 I addressed that very matter. Why didn't that post make the PBPA?
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 674, Calls the evidence against Miztef weak. Accuses DS for unjustified suspicion against Miztef, saying there is no reason to think Miztef scummy. Votes DS along with Miztef.

Vollkan, 696, “case against Miz is feeble at best”
Both of those were in specific reference to the case against Miz on the basis of the unvote NOT on Miz in general, as is clear from the posts.
d3s wrote: Vollkan, 782, Despite the comprehensive evidence I gave on Miztef, he still tries to defend him, saying one of my arguments is weak. Revives the theory of a
I scrutinised an argument which is weak. That isn't defensive, that is precisely what I ought to have done.
d3s wrote: For the last thirty-two pages, you two have been unfailingly supporting and defending each other. And don’t deny it either; I’ve just provided two full pages of irrefutable proof.
Irrefutable...? A lot of your PBPA is not accurate. I admit I have suspected Miz least at points in the game, but I don't think that alone is irrefutable proof of being scum partners. My behaviour has, I hope, been explained here.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I have reread d3sisted's accusations against ATA... I think they make a lot of sense. Add to that his vote against me, it gets very scummy.

I am going to upgrade my FOS to...

Vote: Adam The Amazing

Claim please.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:07 am

Post by ryan »

Claim What? That you are scum, I'll save you the post with the HAMMER!!

Vote: Adam The Amazing
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

WTF? Why the hammer??? Shouldn't he have got a chance to claim first?

Dammit!
I'm back!
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Votecount:
ryan (1): Paradoxombie
Adam The Amazing (4): vollkan, d3sisted, Sir Tornado, ryan
Sir Tornado (1): Adam The Amazing

Not voting (1): =Confused=

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Adam The Amazing walked just into town, where he saw the whole town pointing fingers at him and talking mainly about him. Maybe the mafia was there too, but the whole town decided he should be lynched, while he had just spoken once after his return. Before Adam could even say something in his defence, the town lynched him.

Adam The Amazing, Townie, lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. Send me your night choices.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Paradoxombie, the town's vigilante, pulled his gun, while shouting at ryan: "Ryan, why aren't you dead, I shot you right in your heart!" Paradoxombie shot him again, but again nothing happened. "Your efforts are futile", ryan said, "can't you see I am the mighty Mafia Godfather! Kill him, Sir Tornado". Paradoxombie didn't see that Sir Tornado was standing behind him, and he was shot immediately after ryan's words. Vollkan joined ryan and Sir Tornado, and the 3 of them stood in front of =Confused= and d3sisted, 2 townies. "There's nothing we can do, " =Confused= said to d3sisted, "they outnumber us and they have guns too." "That's right" said the mafia, followed with 2 shots. The town no longer exists, and the mafia has succeeded in their goal.

Paradoxombie, Vigilante, killed Night 3.
=Confused=, Townie, endgamed Night 3.
d3sisted, Townie, endgamed Night 3.

Ryan (Mafia Godfather), vollkan (Mafia) and Sir Tornado (Mafia) won the game!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”