Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I really don't need to explain a day one vote, no one does. NONE of us know who's who, and day one its never easy to choose.

If you lynch me, just look back to who pushed the hardest and who jumped right on the bandwagon
This post bothers me a lot. While it may be day one, we're way past the random voting stage of the game. If your not sure of who to vote for you shouldn't vote. And if your vote on Mirth was really a random vote you should have said so and unvoted instead of insisting that there is a reason while not really giving one and then backtracking later.
ok, then re-wind.. pull out the place that says soemthing about a reason and replace with random.. my reason is randomness.
This combined with his previous post makes want to change my vote but I believe he has four right now and I don't want to put him two from lynch just without hearing more from him; even though I don't know how helpful that would be.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

camisade wrote:Can someone tell me how to get into the view that lets you see 1 person's posts in the thread so I can understand Haschel Cedricson's post?
At the bottom of the page, right under the Quick Reply, you can select individual people. Choose a name, and then click "Go." The first post will be labeled as "Post 0", so add one to each number.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

Oh i didn't know that. I was gonna ask you do do your next post analysis by thread post number, not individual post number (which is how I do mine).
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Mirth wrote:Or I'm keeping my attention focused on the person who a) gives reason for suspicion and b) is likely to provide information in response to my actions.

You also haven't answered my question.
You want to know why I'm trying to get you to act like you're pushing a lynch on Grek? I'm not. I interpreted the situation in such a way. Apparently, I was wrong. But I do not see how it was clear and/or obvious that you did not want others to vote Grek, as making a case and subsequently voting usually does, in fact, mean just that.
Mirth wrote:If I ever get a signature, I am so quoting that (with your permission of course.)
I'd quote it, but without the "let's assume".

Lines get funnier when you brutally rip them out of context and even sentence.

>.>
<.<
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion/vote. So I'm not going to try an persuade anyone to do anything. Independent thinking=good.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:44 pm

Post by Zindaras »

If you think someone is scum, it is only logical to attempt to convince others to vote along. Making arguments and trying to convince people does not make independent thinking impossible.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Mirth »

And yet since none of us are sure of roles (save scum themselves, and a cop if we have one), it might be better to corroborate evidence independently. Then if multiple people reach a similar conclusion, it would be due to evidence and not one particular player's persuasive abilties, which is what I would prefer.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Zindaras »

I'm all for independent thought, but one cannot remove influences from other people's arguments except if you keep the arguments unstated. And even then, the very stated opinions will influence others.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by camisade »

I just waded through Haschel Cedricson's novel and agree with most of the analysis on Mirth's posting. I think the scummiest thing about Mirth is that she cares about Grek and Grek only pretty much.

My vote is
still
staying on benhalkum. Is it a possible strategy for scum to pretend to be a Jester in order to throw people off and try to prevent people from killing them? :?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by Jex »

camisade wrote:My vote is
still
staying on benhalkum. Is it a possible strategy for scum to pretend to be a Jester in order to throw people off and try to prevent people from killing them? :?
Yes. And I really don't think Ben is a jester. He is playing the exact same way in another game which makes me think it is his play style and not a jester like quality.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:01 am

Post by benhalkum »

Just a side note.. I don't want anyone thinking I called anything like being a jester, or am trying to act in a jesterly manner. I'm not the jester, but I appreciate the attention guys.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!
https://fswvegas.com

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am

benhalkum wrote:Just a side note.. I don't want anyone thinking I called anything like being a jester, or am trying to act in a jesterly manner. I'm not the jester, but I appreciate the attention guys.
I don't think you are the jester either, which is why I and several other people in this game are voting for you. Either defend yourself or point out somebody scummier than you for us to move our votes on to.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Ben, I'd say that the Jester-discussion would be the least important of all to comment on, especially for you, whose input is completely irrelevant: Everything you say regarding that is completely irrelevant and WIFOM.

I am much more interested in your opinions on other players.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by benhalkum »

The only opinon I have to be honest, is everyone is quick to come up with their own theories and ideas, and easy to agree as long as they aren't in the light.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

That's not much of an opinion on players. Anything at all you feel like analyzing?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:57 pm

Mod: Can we get a prod on inHim and DG? Neither has posted in this thread for a week.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Really, really sorry about being away for over 5 days. I anticipated only being gone the weekend like normal, but I had some responsibilities at our county fair shoved upon me, and then a lifelong neighbor of ours died shortly after that, and I just haven't made it around to the forums until now. Sorry again.

Ok, so
unvote
vote: Grek

I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Grek »

inHimshallibe wrote:I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
You never said why you like wagoning me better. Please do so. I also notice you only just stoped voting for Nox. Why did you put the 4th vote on Nox and refuse to unvote until you put the 5th vote on me? Is it because you are scum?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by Jex »

inHimshallibe wrote:Really, really sorry about being away for over 5 days. I anticipated only being gone the weekend like normal, but I had some responsibilities at our county fair shoved upon me, and then a lifelong neighbor of ours died shortly after that, and I just haven't made it around to the forums until now. Sorry again.

Ok, so
unvote
vote: Grek

I like this wagon much better than ben's, as I've noted. I'm wagoning for wagoning's sake, for those that will demand a reason from me.
Seriously? You've been gone 5 days and this is what you choose to post? I thought your 4th vote for Nox early on was sketchy, but I was willing to overlook it. But wagoning for wagoning's sake? Scummy scum scummerson.
unvote vote inhim
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Prod sent.
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:50 am

Post by benhalkum »

Jex.. Yea it's weird he said he's ok with jumping ona wagon, but I don't see that as being a reason to vite for him.. YET.. the man just got back and we don't need to throw someone to hounds first day back. Lets watch him and see where it goes.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Unvote: Grek

Vote: ImHim

InHim, please explain what exactly you're doing. I was willing to accept your early 4th vote on Nox as a game starter vote, but you "this this wagon better" than Ben's? Why? What exactly do you find suspicious?

Also, Ben, why do you sound as if you're defending him? You do realize that a vote is more than just a way of killing people, yes? Voting can pressure people into answers. Though in your case, it doesn't seem to be helping.
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:40 am

Post by benhalkum »

I just understand what's it's like to not have the internet and be lost when you get back on. Of course him throwing my name into the mix DOES make me feel uncomfortable now, as if trying to get people suspecious of me.

VOTE ImHim

DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:36 am

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

My vote stands. Inhim may be sketch as well... His bandwagoning still after 6 pages into the game is sketchy. But now benhalkum's bandwagon jumping on here only after Jex jumped on it... and THEN voting him?

Both do NOT sit will with me... If I could vote for two people I'd vote 'em both. But my gut goes against ben right now...

Prod has now been responded to... Thanks HC =P You of all people should know I'm busy!!! 65 hours of training last week and 2 16 hour days of check-ins... BAH!!!

By next week I can be more invested.
The snack that smiles back.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Mirth »

Ben, could you please explain your vote? Since your post prior seemed to be in InHim's defense?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”