duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

Post by duppin »

In post 141, Aeronaut wrote:
Um, what do you like that BBT has done this game? From what I've seen almost every post is just pushing people to vote Dragon BUT refusing to say there's any reasoning behind it. I also haven't seen him comment on much else in-game. Why townread someone like that?

Glad you brought this up. I can see I have confused BBT with Gramr because of their blue avatars. While it does not change a ton, it definitely means something, because in my notes BBT had a reason to vote (#40), but that is in fact Gramr's post.

Nonetheless I still like the way BBT pushed the train, yet still questioned the suspicious votes (like Prolapsed Brain's). This makes me believe it is a push for info (to see who would join), and not just him tunneling on Dragon.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:40 am

Post by duppin »

In post 145, Kitty Galore wrote:Hey there, so in watching the dragon wagon show, I have a couple of thoughts. I like keysers and aeronauts analysis and questioning.

My opinion of dragons response is that it is not an OVER reaction, it is a dragon reaction. I have played with him before and it seems like a typical dragon response. I don't see it being alignment indicative. I think serious votes on the wagon are bad.

You claim it is not alignment indicative, so why do you think serious votes on the wagon are bad? Do you believe he is town?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 107, Bellaphant wrote:
Wow, much posting, many votes.
Not joining the Ds wagon yet, although thier overreaction to an rvs wagon is strange.

Currently more worried about Rc and her lack of sharing Info.

Any thoughts on the "much posting" and "many votes"?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:48 am

Post by pisskop »

Votecount 1.04

Dragonspawn
- (7) Sword master, Garmr, BlueBloodedToffee, Aeronaut, Prolapsed Brain, Shazam, Annadog40
TheCow
- (2) davesaz, Radiant Cowbells
BlueBlooded Toffee
- (2) TheCow, Klingoncelt
Sword Master
- (1)
davesaz
- (1) Bellaphant
duppin
- (1) mykonian
garmr
- (1) Boonskiies
Bellaphant
- (1) Dragonspawn

Not Voting:
SilverWrath, Kop, FA_Q2, duppin, Kitty Galore, Keyser Söze, duppin

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.
Deadline is 10AUG15, (expired on 2015-08-10 17:00:00)
Last edited by pisskop on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Kitty Galore
Kitty Galore
Goon
Kitty Galore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Kitty Galore »

In post 151, duppin wrote:
In post 145, Kitty Galore wrote:Hey there, so in watching the dragon wagon show, I have a couple of thoughts. I like keysers and aeronauts analysis and questioning.

My opinion of dragons response is that it is not an OVER reaction, it is a dragon reaction. I have played with him before and it seems like a typical dragon response. I don't see it being alignment indicative. I think serious votes on the wagon are bad.

You claim it is not alignment indicative, so why do you think serious votes on the wagon are bad? Do you believe he is town?

I read him as null right now, as it is early. I think the serious votes that are in response to his over defensiveness are bad, because I don't consider his response to be defensive, from him.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:09 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Couple more votes on Dragon wagon are needed.

Oh, and Anna is town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 am

Gonna give this a thorough read through soon.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 155, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Couple more votes on Dragon wagon are needed.

Oh, and Anna is town.

Based on the content of her posts, I have a
town-lean
on Annadog40's slot too.

Regarding dragonspawn's alignment - do you think a
scum-aligned
dragonspawn would have wanted to drop the whole RVS vote thing ASAP and remove himself from the main focus? His stubbornness and lack of understanding on context is doing him no favours (including his defensive/retaliation vote on me) - I think scum would have backed down or tried to appease town. At least his wagon has divided everybody's thoughts, but I personally do not want to put him at L-1. I think he needs to take a step back and re-evaluate D1's RVS and start scum-hunting. Admittedly, his stand on RVS is effecting my read on him.
Null, scum lean

Thoughts?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:58 am

I'll let you know when I have read properly and I'm caught up.

I have only skimmed so far.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 99, Shazam wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:Anna isn't easy to read because she is still a newb. She could be scum but not willing to just assume so and I see no reason to rush anything.

I think this is a response to post 90. If I'm right, you're reading it wrong and I'm not sure what to make of that.

VOTE: dragonspawn

You were the only person to take a different angle on voting on dragonspawn's wagon. This intrigues me:

VOTE: Shazam
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Shazam »

In post 126, dragonspawn wrote: That's not random at all. In fact,
none
of the votes have been random. Not even the first vote which was omgus.

This seems really paranoid to me. It seems to disregard the possibility that random votes would not look random. It's a lot more fun to give a fake reason that's really random than to outright say "this vote is random".
In post 134, dragonspawn wrote:
You're pushing my wagon at the same time as questioning those on the wagon not voting for any of us. Who exactly are you scum reading? Because right now it looks like you are trying to look like you are scum hunting without actually putting your money where your mouth isn

Another example of seeing things as being more against him than they are. This kind of defensiveness is hard to read because it's at the very least anti-town.
Keyser Söze wrote:
dragonspawn wrote:Anna isn't easy to read because she is still a newb. She could be scum but not willing to just assume so and I see no reason to rush anything.

I think this is a response to post 90. If I'm right, you're reading it wrong and I'm not sure what to make of that.

You were the only person to take a different angle on voting on dragonspawn's wagon. This intrigues me:

Ok, but if you vote every time something intrigues you, you'll be switching votes an awful lot.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 160, Shazam wrote:Another example of seeing things as being more against him than they are. This kind of defensiveness is hard to read because it's at the very least anti-town.

Good point, I found that post very paranoid too - if he re-reads my posts he'll realise I wasn't trying to get him lynched, I was just analysing his 'logic'. The fact he voted for me too reeked of desperation too. All non-alignment indicative defensive behaviour though. I'd prefer to see him scum-hunting then being on the back-foot before I analyse him further.

In post 160, Shazam wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

Ok, but if you vote every time something intrigues you, you'll be switching votes an awful lot.

I am selective with the timing of my votes.
I like your earlier point.
Do you still stand by your first reason for voting dragonspawn? Or has his defensive-reactions added to your scum-read of him?

I will keep my vote on you for now, as I have an unnerving worry about your quick reply to my vote. If you are town, I hope you understand.

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 140, duppin wrote:Um Dragonspawn.

Swordmaster voted on you, and you called it OMGUS. So Garmr put a RVS vote on you and then you reacted to the vote.

Except there was absolutely nothing to Indicate that garmr or bbt were making random votes as they both immediately voted for me when I said omgus. Their votes looked like a serious reaction to me saying omgus so I provided a serious response.

And why wouldn't I provide a serious response to what appeared to be serious votes? Why wouldn't I make a note of it or be curious? I'd do the same if it was someone else they were reacting to.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

Keyser, I think the issue you address with your latest image is just coincidence. It's not ike he's been lurking hardcore or anything. Choose your battles.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 163, Prolapsed Brain wrote:Keyser, I think the issue you address with your latest image is just coincidence. It's not ike he's been lurking hardcore or anything. Choose your battles.

Yes, probably an innocent coincidence. But my vote can still encourage reactions...
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Vote : Keyser
[v Keyser [/v]

VOTE: keyser

So worked that time though I think its lost it's impact.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:20 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 156, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Gonna give this a thorough read through soon.

If I didn't know you better I would think this comment is pretty scummy. Pushing a wagon without reading through.

But from my experience this is not unusual for you.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:23 am

Post by davesaz »

Got a few minutes before my next meeting, so I have an opportunity to write down some thoughts. I don't have a big enough window to do an in-depth reread, so need to shoot from the hip here.

Keyser is giving me uncomfortable feelings of matching the "scum leading town" or "too town to be scum" tell. Things turn out bad when I miss these signs. I'd rather put a weak scum read here and have it improve over time than dismiss him and have it bite me later.

Hard to tell if Shazam beetlejuiced or if this is merely the time he's online. Must wait to see if a pattern of posting times develops. That's a really weak tell though so I'm leaving him null for now.

I agree that Dragonspawn's reaction seemed more defensive than it should be. But I do that as town myself at times, so I can't really scum read him for it. OTOH I haven't really seen anything that screams town either. I won't go into details on what the deciding factor might be, as it's not a good idea when scumhunting to coach possible scum on how they'd get me to town read them.

BBT still gets a weak town read. Pushing wagons for dubious reasons is ok early in D1. Kinda like the submarine tactic of firing a torpedo to see what direction your contacts move.

Garmr bugs me but I'm not sure exactly why. It's pure gut, and I don't mind admitting it.

Pedit: @dragon The weak read on BBT would be limited time only. The torpedo trick only works once, then he gets to do actual scumhunting.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:33 am

Post by dragonspawn »

VOTE: bella

Thinking about it I like it better on Bella right now. Besides the main reason I wanted to Change to Keyser was to get him to actually take a stand and mKe some votes and reads. He is doing that now.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Aeronaut »

This whole post contradicts itself... you say you like the questioning from Key and I, but then below you say that any serious votes on that wagon are bad? Me and Key are serious votes on that wagon.

In post 166, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 156, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Gonna give this a thorough read through soon.

If I didn't know you better I would think this comment is pretty scummy. Pushing a wagon without reading through.

Why say it then?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 168, dragonspawn wrote:VOTE: bella

Thinking about it I like it better on Bella right now.

Do you see her post #107 as possible active lurking?
A kind of a narration of events but not pushing anyone/or committing to anything so as to not raise attention? Also laying the foundation to placing a vote on your wagon later?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 169, Aeronaut wrote:

This whole post contradicts itself... you say you like the questioning from Key and I, but then below you say that any serious votes on that wagon are bad? Me and Key are serious votes on that wagon.

In post 166, dragonspawn wrote:

Why say it then?

Couple reasons. Mostly thinking out loud.

Btw key isn't voting me.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:04 am

Post by mykonian »

I dislike soze's page 5 as well.

vote soze

Not very pleased by how easy duppin got off. Aero is looking townier now. Must be his pretty eyes.

Thinking about it I like it better on Bella right now. Besides the main reason I wanted to Change to Keyser was to get him to actually take a stand and mKe some votes and reads. He is doing that now.

aww. And you were doing so well!
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 am

In post 60, Aeronaut wrote:
This ^ is what bothers me. A few votes into an RVS wagon and he's already guarded in this post.

So it's a serious vote for me. And it should be for you too.

What is scummy about being defensive?

In post 64, Prolapsed Brain wrote:Fine whatever.

VOTE: dragon

This still doesn't look any better on a reread.

In post 80, davesaz wrote:Hmm, looks like pushy BBT. I've seen this personality both as scum and town. I like the questions, so makes me lean town a little.

Interesting. If you have seen me do it as both town and scum, why would you give me a lean town read?

In post 86, dragonspawn wrote:
Garmr is probably town. If he was scum hr would probably be bussing his partners right now.

I'm sorry, what?

Cool.

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain

In post 91, RadiantCowbells wrote:But seriously folks, in the process of reading for that I noticed something very interesting.

VOTE: Cow

What was interesting?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:10 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 170, Keyser Söze wrote:

Thinking about it I like it better on Bella right now.

Do you see her post #107 as possible active lurking?
A kind of a narration of events but not pushing anyone/or committing to anything so as to not raise attention? Also laying the foundation to placing a vote on your wagon later?

Pretty much. I'm sure when she posts more ill get a better read. But it seems a good place to start.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”