Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

I voted for him because when I was reading the thread after replacing, I was making notes and whatnot, and one of the major ones (that I said earlier) was that I felt like xyzzy and Xdaamno were distancing. It could be argued that they were bantering back and forth, that this could mean they're on opposite sides, blah blah blah, WIFOM up the creek, but the way it looked to me was that they were trying to put ground between each other. I came up with the All-Star theory the morning that I voted for xyzzy, and it wasn't until a couple days later that I was looking through the rosters again that I noticed Xdaamno's claimed character wasn't anywhere in there...

Now why in the hell would we be playing a game called "NBA All-Stars" mafia and have townies be non-players? xyzzy was a non-player who got caught by his playstyle and kind of solidified the grounds of the non-player = non-townie correlation in my head.
Every single townie who has died has been on the lineup. The only scum we've caught was not on the lineup.
Xdaamno is not on the lineup.
Adam The Amazing wrote:Well, if he's mafia and I wake up dead, then that means I won't be waking up.
That was an ill attempt at a joke. I added the votes up wrong and thought TCS's "confirmation" vote was the hammer.[/u]
I need to think of something clever to put here.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm hammering. Adam's middle paragraph neatly sums up the decision.

unvote
(didn't check to see if this was needed.
vote: Xdaamno
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Happy birthday Inhim!
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Thank you. For my birthday, I decided I'd give you all the present of catching up and posting in the places I need to.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'm still reasonably OK with this lynch, but we should have spent more time going over other players... I feel like a lot of people just skated by this day.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Thok »

Final Day 3 Vote Count

Xdaamno (4): (Fletcher, Adam the Amazing, Sonicpulsar, inHimshallibe)
Adam the Amazing (0):
The Central Scrutinizer (0):
inHimshallibe (0):
Fletcher (0):
Sonicpulsar (0):
YogurtBandit (0):

Not Voting (3): (YogurtBandit, Xdaamno, The Central Scrutinizer)

You go to lynch Xdaamno, who claims to be Jason Kidd. "He wasn't a player in the All-Star Game!" yelled several people. And it's true, Xdaamno wasn't in the All-Star Game. But he wasn't Jason Kidd either.

Xdaamno,
Stephon Marbury
Mafia
has been lynched.

Try to get night choices in my Monday.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by Thok »

As you wake up, a quick count reveals that 6 people are still alive. Yup, no deaths.

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I'm guessing (really, I am) that the no deaths during the night either means a roleblocker or the doctor protected someone. Anyone want to role claim admitting as much? Or perhaps I should first ask if it'd be a wise idea to admit as much. I think it's fair to assume there's only one scum left and probably no SK or Vig since there have been no additional deaths.

I'll have to think more on the implications of people role-claiming and our chances of getting the last scum. Thoughts?
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:19 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I would like Sonic Pulsar to claim, because I think YOU were the one rbed as scum.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

As always, Yogurt continues to contribute a very extensive amount to the game. I can probably count on two fingers the number of posts he's made that are over a line long.

Anyways, I'm a vanilla townie. Your turn.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:55 am

My scumlist:

Yogurt
Sonic
Fletch
inhim
Adam

Yeah.
possibly
comment."
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Sonicpulsar wrote:As always, Yogurt continues to contribute a very extensive amount to the game. I can probably count on two fingers the number of posts he's made that are over a line long.

Anyways, I'm a vanilla townie. Your turn.
Name?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:39 pm

We already gave names. I'll copy TCS's post, with my own variation.
Fletcher: Rasheed Wallace.
SonicPulsar: Tracy McGrady
Yogurtbandit: Ben Wallace
Inhimshallibe: Pau Gasol
The Central Scrutinizer: Gilbert Arenas
Adam The Amazing: Yao Ming

Most to least scummy

1)Yogurtbandit - Acting scummy through the last bunch of pages. I should do a longer reread to try and see possible connections between him and xyzzy and Xdaamno.
T-2) Inhim - Tied for second, just because the three below are more protown. Also, when asked for nameclaims, he gave his team name (grizzlies), but he wasn't like YB in making it sound like it was his PM he was paraphrasing. He sounded like he legitimately knew the team and was just adding a tidbit of information.
T-2) TCS - Tied for second, just because the three below are more protown. Also, Gilbert Arenas wasn't originally in the All-Star game, he replaced Jermaine O'Neal, who WAS in this game.
-One of these two said that YB needed to be vigged/investigated. Assuming we have an investigator, why would we want to kill during the night, giving our cop one less chance to guess right?
4)Fletch - seemed protown on my initial read, and has thus disappeared a little bit, but I haven't gotten any scummy vibes all game.
5)SP - Probably the towniest player I've ever been in a game with. The only reason that he's not further down the list is because I've read my role PM, and because we don't have a confirmed cop telling us who's who, I'm only COMPLETELY sure about myself as a townie.
6)Me!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

YogurtBandit wrote:I would like Sonic Pulsar to claim, because I think YOU were the one rbed as scum.
Fake now, or forever hang in your noose.
Show

:

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:46 am

Guys, Yogurt is the clear lynch today. Let's string him up and move on.

vote: Yogurtbandit
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:46 am

By the way, if I'm right and YB is scum, I called all three scum in consecutive posts on day one.

Cool, huh?
possibly
comment."
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Much like with Xdaamno, I'm fairly convinced now that Yogurt is either a crappy townie (not contributing much to the game) or scum. I'm never a fan of being a band wagoner, but I feel it's justified as per the above posts.

Vote: YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:01 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I roleblocked Sonic Pulsar last night. Any docs wanna claim a protection, do it now, or lets Lynch SP. lynch me if you want, I will die to prove SP is lying.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:26 am

unvote

If there's no doc claim, we string up sonic.

Too ez.
possibly
comment."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

vote: Sonicpulsar
- the Day 2 conversation between he and Xdaamno is fishy, as I noted before. I'm going with the current claim - anything to the contrary will probably at least bring the thought of maybe, possibly unvoting.
Show

:

Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Hmm. A roleblocker claim. Interesting. I don't know whether or not I believe it, because it's one of those things that can't be proven just by pointing out stuff. It would explain why I lived through the last two nights, since I was certain I was a dead man last night.

I think a cop claim would be good ATM, I think our best bet might be to no-lynch, depending (especially with this new claim), and I think Inhim is quick in voting that. I'll have to look through D2 posts to see what he means.

YB - Who else have you roleblocked throughout the game, and why?
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by Fletcher »

Vote: Sonic Pulsar

Not a doc or roleblocker.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I don't think their will be a Cop claim simply because the NPC Shaq was killed before the game started and it was stated he was a cop. Couple this with the fact that there was the obvioius all-stars vs non-all-stars and the cop would have been overpowered in my opinion (or OP imo if you will).

Unvote

After reading the claims against me, the fact that I actually believe Yogurt's claim as a roleblocker, and the fact that I didn't follow thru with the all-stars theory into Day 4 have given me a change of heart. In a game like this, there might be something to the fact that TCS's name claim was a replacement or whatever.

I can only think of 4 possibilities at the moment. Correct me if there are any other likely possibilities. 4 didn't come to me until after my analysis.

1. There's a Doctor who protected the victim. No Doctor has come forward as of this post.

2. The scum simply decided to not kill anyone during the night. Seems very unlikely.

3. I'm scum and was effectively roleblocked by Yogurt.

4. There is a doctor but the scum didn't kill anyone anyways. Also unlikely.

Analysis:

1. Assuming no doctor comes forth, I'll likely be lynched because it's the only explanation for the no death of Night 3 assuming possiblity 2 isn't true. This will then lead to a Night 4 with 5 people. Yogurt will likely be the target and since there's no doctor (as we're assuming for this analysis), his only hope will be to luckily roleblock the mafia player. Given the 25% of this, let's assume he guesses wrong and we're left with 4 people and no roleblocker. If we (well, you guys I guess) lynch a townie on Day 5, mafia wins. I smell a lot of "if" on that, but if you read the next paragraph, you'll see some explanation for why this might be the case.

2. and 4. The only reasons I can guess for scum not killing on Night 3 assuming I wasn't roleblocked and the as of yet unclaimed doctor didn't save someone, would be to force a numbers game. As it stands now, we're back to a even number of people during the Day (we shouldn't have had a modkill on Day 1 resulting in 9 people on Day 2). Any odd number during the day is bad for the mafia due to the fact that Day 5 (for this game) would end up with 2 townies and 1 mafia. Not a good ratio. Either townie has a 50% chance of casting the right vote to win the game. In other words, on Day 5, if a townie votes for the mafia, there's no way the mafia can cast the second vote to kill himself and the other townie knows this. Thus, Day 5 winds up being a 50% chance of mafia victory (assuming no power roles mess with the percentages).

3. The easiest and most logical explanation. I hold little hope for myself. Although it is interesting to think that the mafia guy had to assume there's at least a doctor and/or a roleblocker. I have to respect the confusion that could be caused by not killing someone when he's all alone simply to cast doubt on the person roleblocked. It would (and probably will) cause the person roleblocked to get lynched and the identity of the roleblocker to come forth (and/or possibly the doctor). A bit of a gamble but considering the 2 above scenarios (even or odd number of people during the day), not a bad strategy I suppose.

I'll have to think more on the implications on who I should vote for based on what I just wrote. I suppose I'll wait for feedback. It's kinda fun to be on the burner for once.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:59 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I had roleblocked Xdaamno because he looked Suspicous (N1)
I roleblocked IH , and I cat remeber why.(N2)
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:01 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

EBWOP:Now im starting to think SP may be a GF, and he was the only ones sending in kills. Just a thought.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”