Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I think the difference in what we're both seeing in that post is how we both view the guilty. If you had literally come out and said "Guys, I'm the cop, Dragon is scum." then yea, any competent scum player would be bussing their partner up the wazoo. But when you did your thing, it was something that was really vague and unclear about who had given the guilty, if everyone saw it, etc. I feel like a Dragon scum buddy would have tried to call bullshit on that, and Dave just didn't.

The switch over to you does interest me, though. You're right that that part of it is pretty sketchy AF.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

What do you think of Kitty, by the way?
2023 W/L | 1-0
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1671, Garmr wrote:Quick summary of all the cases brought so far.
Day 1

Spoiler:
-Dragonspawns defensiveness to people voting him in rvs.

-Dragonspawn acting stupid to try and get people to brush off the fact he was defensive.

-How easy a prolapsed counter wagon was built up yet DS was just as scummy if not more.

-now we have a dave flip we can see how defensive dave was of dragonspawn.
In post 167, davesaz wrote:Got a few minutes before my next meeting, so I have an opportunity to write down some thoughts. I don't have a big enough window to do an in-depth reread, so need to shoot from the hip here.

Keyser is giving me uncomfortable feelings of matching the "scum leading town" or "too town to be scum" tell. Things turn out bad when I miss these signs. I'd rather put a weak scum read here and have it improve over time than dismiss him and have it bite me later.

Hard to tell if Shazam beetlejuiced or if this is merely the time he's online. Must wait to see if a pattern of posting times develops. That's a really weak tell though so I'm leaving him null for now.

I agree that Dragonspawn's reaction seemed more defensive than it should be. But I do that as town myself at times, so I can't really scum read him for it. OTOH I haven't really seen anything that screams town either. I won't go into details on what the deciding factor might be, as it's not a good idea when scumhunting to coach possible scum on how they'd get me to town read them.

BBT still gets a weak town read. Pushing wagons for dubious reasons is ok early in D1. Kinda like the submarine tactic of firing a torpedo to see what direction your contacts move.

Garmr bugs me but I'm not sure exactly why. It's pure gut, and I don't mind admitting it.

Pedit: @dragon The weak read on BBT would be limited time only. The torpedo trick only works once, then he gets to do actual scumhunting.

Here is dave trying to justify dragonspawns response.

In post 254, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Prolapsed Brain
Giving in to pressure seems rather scummy.

Here is dave jumping onto the counter wagon of ds.

-His reasoning for being on pb was pathetic.

In post 391, dragonspawn wrote:I'm thinking pb needs some more pressure.

VOTE: pb

We need to get him talking and interacting.

DAY 2
Spoiler:
In post 484, dragonspawn wrote:How does having a double voter mean it's a scum? Couldn't a townie have that pr too?

And how does that in any way implicate bbt? Just because he was pushing the wagon?

Seems to me that bulb would be more suspect since h specifically said he wanted to get the wagon to L1. I just don't know if the secret vote came before he joined us or not.

Look at this comment and how similar this is to daves.

In post 480, davesaz wrote:
In post 474, Keyser Söze wrote:Let's look at this:
In post 465, Garmr wrote:
Could be some ones a double voter

In post 464, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Dragon no point unvoting. It changes nothing.

You should rejoin wagon to make sure wagon is maintained in the case of Mod error.

@BlueBloodedToffee, you either knew about the scum PR which enabled the early hammer, or scum are setting you up for the miss-lynch. Your incessant push for Prolapsed Brain to be put near L-1 needs to be flagged.

This did catch my eye though. Why do you presume it is a scum PR? Couldn't it be a town double voter? One of the vote counts did have a <vote> inserted in the middle of the list.

These couple of posts tell a little story to me.
In post 496, dragonspawn wrote:Anna night kill doesn't make sense from a scum point of view. More than likely a vig if anything. She didn't add much to the game. I could easily see a vigilante thinking she was scummy.

In post 499, dragonspawn wrote:I saw nothing obviously town about Anna. In fact if I hasn't previous experience with her I would have suspected her more.

In post 500, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 498, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Anna was fairly obviously town; Kling was the vig shot if there is a vig.

Mykonian was 100% the scum kill. Could be multi-ball with scum also looking for other scum and killing Anna, that should be considered.

Also why would scum kill an obvious townie if they are looking for other scum?

These couple of post make me feel like dragonspawns team killed anna the way he behaves around the anna night kill is weird and not the type of interaction I would think of town. I don't think a townie would dwell on the one kill out of three so much.

In post 1219, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1217, Garmr wrote:
In post 1211, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 1206, Aeronaut wrote:The reason Garmr seems town to me is that the whole "RC was telling me to fake cop" thing, while misguided, also seems pretty genuine to me. Like I don't see a scenario where scum says it like that.

Really because I see that as a really scummy move. I didn't scum read him until that point.

It looks to me like he wanted to use the 'dragon was copped guilty by someone else' as a ploy to push a mislynch with the force of a cop claim and then be able to squirm out of it the next day if dragon flipped town.

Right now I am willing to go with bulb, garmr or bbt. All three are scummy IMHO.
so you think dragon is actually town can you tell me why

Could you tell me why I am?

And why you need to fake a guilty on me if its so obvious?

Has dave as a scum read yet when It become more and more obvious that I'm town that made a msitake pushes me as scum usning Similar logic as dave.

In post 1206, Aeronaut wrote:The reason Garmr seems town to me is that the whole "RC was telling me to fake cop" thing, while misguided, also seems pretty genuine to me. Like I don't see a scenario where scum says it like that.

Really because I see that as a really scummy move. I didn't scum read him until that point.

It looks to me like he wanted to use the 'dragon was copped guilty by someone else' as a ploy to push a mislynch with the force of a cop claim and then be able to squirm out of it the next day if dragon flipped town.

Right now I am willing to go with bulb, garmr or bbt. All three are scummy IMHO.

This is just one example of him trying to push that I was trying to set him up and trying to get a lynch through on me.

Was going to make this longer but getting tired of typing while I see people ninja me in the preview

Like I said whole lot of nothin
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1676, Aeronaut wrote:What do you think of Kitty, by the way?

Soft Kitty warm kitty little ball of fur
Kitty ignoring me and dave
makes me confused
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Shazam »

In post 1664, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1657, Shazam wrote:
In post 1648, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Shazam, why the turn around?

Duppin, you're unsure on Dragon based purely on wagon speed?

Posts 1535 and 1611, plus a gut read on his posts since then.

1535 has nothing to do with dragonspawn and he ended up hopping on the dragonspawn wagon after that post; 1611 was a question that was only ever answered by one person (ftr; that's a fake townslip if anything). The best part is that his only post between 1611 and his unvote was in support of the wagon.

Yeah, this slot's flipping scum.

This looks like willful ignorance tbh. 1535 clearly is pertinent to the question of why I turned around. Why does it matter how many people responded to 1611? It shows my thought process. And no, that only post between 1611 and the unvote was not "in support of the wagon", but rather questioning dragonspawn's logic. You are trying too hard to find something scummy about me. I want to know why.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1677, dragonspawn wrote:
Day 1

Spoiler:

-Dragonspawn acting stupid to try and get people to brush off the fact he was defensive.

-How easy a prolapsed counter wagon was built up yet DS was just as scummy if not more.

In post 167, davesaz wrote:Got a few minutes before my next meeting, so I have an opportunity to write down some thoughts. I don't have a big enough window to do an in-depth reread, so need to shoot from the hip here.

Keyser is giving me uncomfortable feelings of matching the "scum leading town" or "too town to be scum" tell. Things turn out bad when I miss these signs. I'd rather put a weak scum read here and have it improve over time than dismiss him and have it bite me later.

Hard to tell if Shazam beetlejuiced or if this is merely the time he's online. Must wait to see if a pattern of posting times develops. That's a really weak tell though so I'm leaving him null for now.

I agree that Dragonspawn's reaction seemed more defensive than it should be. But I do that as town myself at times, so I can't really scum read him for it. OTOH I haven't really seen anything that screams town either. I won't go into details on what the deciding factor might be, as it's not a good idea when scumhunting to coach possible scum on how they'd get me to town read them.

BBT still gets a weak town read. Pushing wagons for dubious reasons is ok early in D1. Kinda like the submarine tactic of firing a torpedo to see what direction your contacts move.

Garmr bugs me but I'm not sure exactly why. It's pure gut, and I don't mind admitting it.

Pedit: @dragon The weak read on BBT would be limited time only. The torpedo trick only works once, then he gets to do actual scumhunting.

DAY 2
Spoiler:
In post 484, dragonspawn wrote:How does having a double voter mean it's a scum? Couldn't a townie have that pr too?

And how does that in any way implicate bbt? Just because he was pushing the wagon?

Seems to me that bulb would be more suspect since h specifically said he wanted to get the wagon to L1. I just don't know if the secret vote came before he joined us or not.

In post 464, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Dragon no point unvoting. It changes nothing.

You should rejoin wagon to make sure wagon is maintained in the case of Mod error.

@BlueBloodedToffee, you either knew about the scum PR which enabled the early hammer, or scum are setting you up for the miss-lynch. Your incessant push for Prolapsed Brain to be put near L-1 needs to be flagged.

This did catch my eye though. Why do you presume it is a scum PR? Couldn't it be a town double voter? One of the vote counts did have a <vote> inserted in the middle of the list.

In post 496, dragonspawn wrote:Anna night kill doesn't make sense from a scum point of view. More than likely a vig if anything. She didn't add much to the game. I could easily see a vigilante thinking she was scummy.

In post 499, dragonspawn wrote:I saw nothing obviously town about Anna. In fact if I hasn't previous experience with her I would have suspected her more.

In post 498, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Anna was fairly obviously town; Kling was the vig shot if there is a vig.

Mykonian was 100% the scum kill. Could be multi-ball with scum also looking for other scum and killing Anna, that should be considered.

These couple of post make me feel like dragonspawns team killed anna the way he behaves around the anna night kill is weird and not the type of interaction I would think of town. I don't think a townie would dwell on the one kill out of three so much.

Has dave as a scum read yet when It become more and more obvious that I'm town that made a msitake pushes me as scum usning Similar logic as dave.

This is just one example of him trying to push that I was trying to set him up and trying to get a lynch through on me.

Was going to make this longer but getting tired of typing while I see people ninja me in the preview

Also what i forgot to mention ds hasn't even once tried to debunk a case against him all he can manage is these pathetic lines never seen so much flail.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1678, Garmr wrote:

makes me confused

Day 1

Spoiler:

DAY 2
Spoiler:

Would you like to go into detail here?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1681, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1678, Garmr wrote:

makes me confused

Day 1

Spoiler:

DAY 2
Spoiler:

Would you like to go into detail here?

The only notable actions that raised my intention
Defending dragonspawn in a similar vein as dave
And pretty much ignoring the two wagon on me and dave yesterday while going about doing her own thing.

I really don't know what to make of of her.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I really don't see the case on Annarchy, besides the fact they werent on Dave yesterday. Though they gave their reasons for it. Admittedly probably not 'great'

Anyways, find it odd Dragon train derailed so fast. Maybe scum tried to make sure that happened?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1652, duppin wrote:That is the point though. I clearly stated I find him scummy, but that I was not too fond of his train.
I don't think his train makes a lot of sense unless scum are on it. That either means his teammates are bussing or that we have multiple scum teams. It is also possible he is town, but I sincerely doubt that is the case.

Your viewpoint doesn't make much sense though? I don't see why his wagon would negate your reasoning for him being scum when you think it's possible he is being both bussed and there could be another scum faction voting him.

In post 1662, Ankamius wrote:My favorite part of the game so far is that the moment the dragonspawn wagon starts getting criticized, Shazam and duppin jumped ship immediately.

This. I noticed the exact same thing.

In post 1670, Aeronaut wrote:BBT why Titus?

Because she hasn't engaged me and that makes me nervous.

In post 1667, Garmr wrote:
Day 1- your over action to people joining your wagon your behavior gets really defensive. Mentioned day 1 and was the first thought that popped in my head.

Defensiveness isn't scummy.

Your post regarding Dragon's D1/D2 posting around Dave was pretty good though and has made me doubt my town read of the Dragon slot. His response to it was pretty bad as well.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I may have to replace out, unfortunately. I'll make the final decision this weekend, as I haven't been able to keep up with this game due to hectic lifestyle. But I'll know by Saturday if I will be able to stay and catch upz
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:27 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1684, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1652, duppin wrote:That is the point though. I clearly stated I find him scummy, but that I was not too fond of his train.
I don't think his train makes a lot of sense unless scum are on it. That either means his teammates are bussing or that we have multiple scum teams. It is also possible he is town, but I sincerely doubt that is the case.

Your viewpoint doesn't make much sense though? I don't see why his wagon would negate your reasoning for him being scum when you think it's possible he is being both bussed and there could be another scum faction voting him.

Um what are you talking about? I am clearly saying that I believe he is scum and that you should still consider my vote to still be on him.
I unvoted because of the secret vote in play. I see no reason to end the day yet, so I am not going to push for a Dragonspawn lynch right now.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:28 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1662, Ankamius wrote:My favorite part of the game so far is that the moment the dragonspawn wagon starts getting criticized, Shazam and duppin jumped ship immediately.

I do hope you realise I unvoted and called out the train before people criticized it and I still want to lynch him, so how exactly did I jump ship?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 am

If you haven't jumped ship you should probably vote Dragon.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1688, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If you haven't jumped ship you should probably vote Dragon.

No I should not. I unvoted because I didn't want a quickhammer with the secret vote.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:01 am

Right, so you're scared of your scum read getting hammered.

That makes a lot of sense. I always worry about people hammering my scum reads. /sarcasm
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:52 am

Post by duppin »

I suggest you to read what I am saying, but just in case:
In post 1686, duppin wrote: I see no reason to end the day yet, so I am not going to push for a Dragonspawn lynch right now.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1691, duppin wrote:I suggest you to read what I am saying, but just in case:
In post 1686, duppin wrote: I see no reason to end the day yet, so I am not going to push for a Dragonspawn lynch right now.

That's fair.

So, if you don't want to end the day, what would you like to discuss? Because you can't hide behind "I don't want to end the day" if you're just going sit and let the REST of us do stuff while you say nothing.

And honestly, if you really beleive you're lynching scum, what else would there be to discuss? Lynching scum's the goal, if that's what you really think you're doing by lynching dragon, then why are you stopping yourself in favor of discussion?
2023 W/L | 1-0
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:22 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1692, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1691, duppin wrote:I suggest you to read what I am saying, but just in case:

That's fair.

So, if you don't want to end the day, what would you like to discuss? Because you can't hide behind "I don't want to end the day" if you're just going sit and let the REST of us do stuff while you say nothing.

And honestly, if you really beleive you're lynching scum, what else would there be to discuss? Lynching scum's the goal, if that's what you really think you're doing by lynching dragon, then why are you stopping yourself in favor of discussion?

I have been asking the people on the dragonspawn train multiple times why they want to join the train now but didn't yesterday. Their lack of response is a bit troubling to be honest.
Just because I think Dragonspawn is scum does not mean I do not wish to find other scums. I understand it is impossible to pressure people if they know they aren't getting lynched, so I'd like to keep it a bit more open.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1646, Shazam wrote:I'm actually pretty sure dragon's town now.
VOTE: Annarchy

Back to the connection with davesaz.

There are some really sketchy turnarounds on DS right now.

Mainly Kitty and Shazams.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Shazam what connection with Dave are you talking about in that post?
2023 W/L | 1-0
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:41 am

Post by pisskop »

Prodding FA_Q2
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Shazam »

@Aeronaut

This has been discussed at least three times, and it's very interesting that you claim to not understand it still. This is the connection with davesaz:
In post 1535, Shazam wrote:
In post 1414, davesaz wrote:Let's be a little more explicit for Firebringer's benefit. The D1 lynch occurred at L-1 because there is a hidden vote in play. We don't know if it is a double voter, a silent voter, or what. In that light, any L-2 is a L-1.

BTW, I'm certain the Bella/Dom/Firebringer slot is town. Just so you know, observing my posts can show you, all you need to know is, the wagon on me is on town. I would be more circumspect if the count were lower, but it is a virtual L-1 in my eyes.

@MOD, V/LA until Sunday late afternoon.
Going camping and no internet on the mountain.

He said the Bella/Dom slot (AKA Annarchy) was town, even though HE DIDN'T KNOW WHO WAS IN THE SLOT, because he said Firebringer. I believe he "townread" the slot because he was familiar with Bella/Dom being his scumpartners, but forgot who replaced in. VOTE: Annarchy

This makes more sense than the alternative view, which would be that he knew his current scumbuddy, but not their predecessors.

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:13 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Guys I just requests to replace out. An issue has come up in my family and I wont have the time to play the game as I need to.

This decision has nothing to do with the game itself. I was actually starting to wonder how long I would stay alive before you mislynched me. I was hoping it was the entire game with no mislynch but I just don't have the energy to deal with real life at the moment and give you all the game play you deserve for me.

I honestly had no expectation of doing this when I woke up this morning but it's amazing how fast things change. It's been a fun game and I love all you guys (in a plutonic friendly way) even garmr who I tunneling me too much this game.

Go town!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:27 am

Post by pisskop »

Dragonspawn has requested replacement. Seeking Replacement for Dragonspawn
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”