Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 223, talah wrote:Hello Vedith btw.

I'm guessing you're town on what could be completely incorrect game meta which is that the person you replaced did not pick up their role PM.

Ergo no full scumteam to chat pre-game, ergo unfair on the scumteam.

How do you feel about that?

Hi Talah :)

It may be unfair, however, I do not see this as the case.
Mods will not swap out due to not picking up the mail. Scum still have full view of what is put in the thread without them.
Read me replacing as a null and judge on my style rather than anything. :)
I claim scum \o/
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by talah »

Fair enough. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

MS crapped out on me for over an hour so I'll have to come back tomorrow.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by catboi »

@Aj:
What do you think of ?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:14 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 226, talah wrote:Fair enough. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Same here, except change the time to be tonight after the kids go to bed.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Vedith »

Right, I went through the start of the game, then I just skipped the pointless debate of Choof and BananaCucho.

BananaCucho always looks scummy - He does on this game too. I'm going with town.
Choof seems to be trying to look too scummy for scum for me. Something I'm going to look into.
I have no idea what Luna is doing, seems to be all over the place but kind of null.
I like Talah, I feel was a test from a town.
AJ comes across as scum hunting more than others... Comes across... More town lean than not though.
Performer - What is with the voting for your play style comment?

I only had a while to catch up during my break, so a continued version will be looked at tonight/morning.

Zakk, who's scum?!
I claim scum \o/
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:54 am

Post by zakk »

In post 228, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 226, talah wrote:Fair enough. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Same here, except change the time to be tonight after the kids go to bed.

Same here. I'm creating a thread in the help forum
permanently retired

see here for more info
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Luna Fox »

I've been having issues with the site too
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 222, talah wrote:
In post 85, Aj The Epic wrote:No and I've not said that or implied that anywhere. As I said, I generally just wait for RVS to pass.

I'll try to take this at face value but I hope you can understand my problem.

You say you're not interested in RVS, but you drop an RVS vote with an RVS reason. And then engage in a little banter about Cat avatars and squiggles.
So you in fact are participating in RVS, just doing nothing to propel the game out of it.

I've been sorta-skimming along on mobile at work, so I know after this point when you're feeling pressure of a few votes, your entire attitude changes and you transform into a quite agressive poster targeting I think Luna.
So that gels with wanting to wait until RVS is over, I suppose. But it does seem rather more reactionary than insightful, at least on the surface. I'll need to read your reasoning in more detail.

But I just wonder why you'd bother dropping a vote which is completely and utterly useless, rather than simply withholding your vote until you saw a good use for it.
It seems like a good way to try to blend in and avoid attention. Or maybe distance from a buddy.

However, I realise you've posted more so will catch up.

My understanding of RVS comes from failing it multiple times. You vote, talk about random shit and wait for people to say it's over.

Now, what I like about RVS is when I replace in, I can look at wagons and try to figure out motives in the light of other posts down the line. However, don't expect me to be good at it. I almost got lynched my first game on site claiming I wouldn't drop a vote because I thought RVS was stupid. Pirate_Mollie and Mastin2 had other opinions about it. Since it's random voting, I generally do what I know: just drop a vote and talk for a while.

As for me playing aggressively, once I start you might as well get used to it. If I see something I don't like, I generally hound it. There's two reasons for it: 1.) if you start calling people on misteps, it helps prevent apathy and the town won't go silent. 2.) It will help you understand my stance on everything and it also helps me get answers.

Anyways, to me everyone is guilty until proven innocent. Which is absolutely why I hate what Luna's doing.

In post 227, catboi wrote:
@Aj:
What do you think of ?

"Blah blah blah friend me on facebook blah blah blah I'll try harder".
A lot of fluff but at least he didn't call you town. There hasn't been a lot of content from him but we could say the same for IaI, Luna and ESPECIALLY Zakk. In fact, I almost forget he's in the game but for the fact that he posted 224, which made me read talah's question again (Hint: It's not exactly easy on this one's small brain).

In post 214, catboi wrote:
In post 211, Aj The Epic wrote:I mean, you can't even point to another post. There's 4 of them, since I counted, and none of them have any relevance here. So catboi, the real pressing question is: Are you a mind reader?

To which the answer is no and I'd like to know how you're stating with so much faith that you understand this hidden implied meaning IAI is sticking behind this deep post. It's almost as if you took his post, made an apple an orange then called it a mango to attack wicked with. IaI's post was exactly as wicked said: He said RVS was over and voted for an RVS wagon. Like I could put that in direct quotes for wicked and you can reference that to the post above. And so he's justifying his vote for no reason? No, says I! You simply have to use the implict thought-line to find the true meaning of Wicked's vote.

And really, if it is such a misrepresentation to for me to say that you say IaI's post's contain valid reasons, why did you say that exact phrase?

So this being said, what say you, catboi?

P-edit: Oh do I cry over my shortcomings, m'Lord catboi. Forgive this humble Stooge for his inability to quoth the Raven every time and squander upon thee needless hours and precious space of thine's electronic cellars for the holiest of your words which does so exist on the same scroll! This servant so humbly wished only for thine master's blessings in being short, as I am, and concise, which I do so fail to be! Shall it be twenty lashings for this failure stooge?

Touchy, aren't you~

His vote was clearly serious. I don't know his exact reasons, of course, but he found your posts scummy, quite possibly for the same reasons I did. That's not hard to figure out. Sometimes people don't need to justify votes right away. Trying to paint it as an "RVS wagon" is willfully ignoring the facts.

I never have claimed his reasons are valid, as I do not know them (though they may be). I said they believed their reasoning was valid. That is also very easy to see and understand. I was literally going to make the same joke about RVS being over, because I was serious. (of course, this kind of groupthink is something easily latched on to by experienced scum. I explicitly don't have a read on IaI because of this.)

So please don't freak out when I ask you this: are you just being dense, or are you scum? I've tried to be as clear as possible in explaining what I mean. I really don't think it's that hard to parse " entirely self-evident that
Innocent felt he had valid reasons
for making the vote regardless of anyone else's vote". Are you having trouble understanding this sentence? I'm not saying in there at all I think their reasons are valid. That's not the way their sentence is structured. I'm saying IaI thought he had a valid reason to vote, or in other words, that his vote was serious. Which is...exactly what he said?

I thought that would be clear the first time I explained it to you. My kneejerk reaction is to call you scum trying to attack me by misrepresenting my statement, but that's because I didn't like the way you started the game and I'm biased against you. I can't really know if you're having trouble with reading comprehension for some reason (this is not intended as an insult), so I've tried to explain it as clearly as possible. Do you understand what I am saying with regard to his vote?

Lastly, over the top sarcasm in response to me criticizing that you seem to be picking and choosing parts of my post to respond to...is also a bad look. :3

I think I might start erasing random sentences so you can think it's scummy but actually have to read my quotes to notice.

In my defense, not needing to justify a vote right away might suggest to do it in the near future in which he's had 130 posts and about a day to do so. I don't question him being serious, I don't remember IaI joking much in the one or two games I played with him. However, it was clearly an RVS wagon.

Loaded question aside, I think I interpreted what you said as you saying IaI's reasons were valid as opposed to IaI felt his reason(
-> still not giving him credit for any other reasons until he says them) were valid.

I rarely post whole quotes unless the whole quote is relevant. Less quote space is less overall clutter. They're generally linked though.

In post 219, Performer wrote:
Aj saying appeasement is like a scumtell, by itself, I don't think so....

*inserts obviously cut quote with only relevant parts only partially because passive-aggressive responses are necessary given above context*

Oh come on, appeasement on a large scale is an easy scum tell for beginner scum. A lot of people who are uncomfortable with the role think the best option is to not draw attention to themselves. They'll not step on any fingers, not make any assertions about someone being scum unless it's a popular opinion and in general try to avoid being one of the focuses of conversation. It also is a terrible way to look for scum since calling someone town is almost never going to get a thoughtful answer from that person. More importantly, it's really fucking hard to argue with someone agrees with you all the time.

Sure, I often have the mentality that bad for the town might as well be scum and I think that appeasement as a policy is absolutely wretched. However, if you want to see this as a scum tell, go play a few beginner games and only vote for players who appease (unless they're mentors, in which case those guys are hopefully better at playing scum). I guarantee you win. Hell, even some advanced players I love to play with have an awful time as scum and try to avoid conflict because of it. If you have low comfort as scum, this is an easy scum tell.

Am I making an assumption about Luna's comfort level? Absolutely. I was about to make a comment about her join date (even with offsite experience, it probably can't be too much more than 2 years) but then I noticed only IaI, catboi, talah, myself and in the game have over two years onsite. My point still stands.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 232, Aj The Epic wrote:Anyways, to me everyone is guilty until proven innocent. Which is absolutely why I hate what Luna's doing.

So basically we have a playstyle clash.
Have you considered that I have a different way of finding scum than you? as in... townhunting?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

The people I consider to be town will be actively looking for scum. At the end of the day, the objective is to find the person we need to get rid of, and the people who are town will largely reveal themselves without us having to hunt them out.
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:15 am

Post by choof »

catching up, but I'll say this right now

In post 232, Aj The Epic wrote:

Now, what I like about RVS is when I replace in, I can look at wagons and try to figure out motives in the light of other posts down the line. However, don't expect me to be good at it. I almost got lynched my first game on site claiming I wouldn't drop a vote because I thought RVS was stupid. Pirate_Mollie and Mastin2 had other opinions about it. Since it's random voting, I generally do what I know: just drop a vote and talk for a while.

As for me playing aggressively, once I start you might as well get used to it. If I see something I don't like, I generally hound it. There's two reasons for it: 1.) if you start calling people on misteps, it helps prevent apathy and the town won't go silent. 2.) It will help you understand my stance on everything and it also helps me get answers.

Anyways, to me everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
Which is absolutely why I hate what Luna's doing.

I agree with you that rvs is dumb as shit, and aggression is good, but the bolded part strikes me as odd. can you be aggressive and right if you're overly paranoid?
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:17 am

Post by choof »

In post 234, Aj The Epic wrote:At the end of the day, the objective is to find the person we need to get rid of, and the people who are town will largely reveal themselves without us having to hunt them out.

you don't think clearing someone as town benefits scumhunting? process of elimination? or, since you think that everyone is guilty until proven innocent, do you read townhunting as attempts to pocket players?
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:18 am

Post by choof »

In post 229, Vedith wrote:Right, I went through the start of the game, then I just skipped the
pointless debate of Choof and BananaCucho

BananaCucho
always looks scummy
- He does on this game too. I'm going with town.

Choof seems to be trying to look too scummy for scum for me.
Something I'm going to look into.

this doesn't add up
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:20 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

I'm guessing you're town on what could be completely incorrect game meta which is that the person you replaced did not pick up their role PM.

?
this dies not make any sense.

Where did you even get this idea. How do you know that the scum team was able to chat pre-game? I thought that was something that is explicit in the rules or does not happen? Can anyone else speak to this site and the general rules as to scum being able to speak pre-game?
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:20 am

Post by choof »

In post 208, catboi wrote:Luna's very clearly taken stances, she just hasn't held many of them very long. Being indecisive is different from being overcautious.

luna has taken stances that are wholly unoriginal, she's indecisive AND overcautious
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:21 am

Post by choof »

In post 238, FA_Q2 wrote:

?

Where did you even get this idea. How do you know that the scum team was able to chat pre-game? I thought that was something that is explicit in the rules or does not happen? Can anyone else speak to this site and the general rules as to scum being able to speak pre-game?

I chalked his post up to angleshooting, and not worth looking at but if you really want to do this, the two games I've played in as scum, we had pre-game talk
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:23 am

Post by choof »

In post 217, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 169, choof wrote:
In post 166, FA_Q2 wrote:Somehow I missed moving my vote in my last post:

VOTE: choof

It is interesting that no one noted that as well.

don't give yourself too much credit, you haven't done much at all in this game so far. why do you think it's interesting that no one noted your lack of vote?

Because virtually every game I have played calling another player out like that and then not voting for them is called out.

It is odd to me that not one player noted that I still had my vote in RVS. I don't know what to make of that yet, if anything.

you have a small fraction of the posts in this game so far. I got called out by luna for not voting for luna, but I also have a bunch of posts. do you think your lack of vote was important?
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:25 am

Post by choof »

In post 239, choof wrote:
In post 208, catboi wrote:Luna's very clearly taken stances, she just hasn't held many of them very long. Being indecisive is different from being overcautious.

luna has taken stances that are wholly unoriginal, she's indecisive AND overcautious

let me expand on this
she's definitely indecisive, no doubt. by overcautious, to me it seems like she's actively avoiding bringing up original points on people because she doesn't want to get called out for saying something wrong, or not being able to elaborate on a point
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
choof
choof
Mafia Scum
choof
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:26 am

Post by choof »

okay i'm going to sonic does anyone want anything
ignore all posts pre '21

this is not a glitch
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 238, FA_Q2 wrote:

?

Vote: FA_Q2
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Luna Fox »

En ego search of FA_Q2 shows that they have played a fairly decent ammount of games, scum pre-game chat is a given for any game, this looks like an attempt at a fake townslip.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 234, Aj The Epic wrote:The people I consider to be town will be actively looking for scum. At the end of the day, the objective is to find the person we need to get rid of, and the people who are town will largely reveal themselves without us having to hunt them out.

If you have an issue with my townhunting playstyle why didn't you comment on it when i first mentioned it at:
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I cut off "my play is townhunting" and read the rest of it.

Thinking on it now, I even posted a solution in such a way that suggested scumhunting, though.

In post 236, choof wrote:
In post 234, Aj The Epic wrote:At the end of the day, the objective is to find the person we need to get rid of, and the people who are town will largely reveal themselves without us having to hunt them out.

you don't think clearing someone as town benefits scumhunting? process of elimination? or, since you think that everyone is guilty until proven innocent, do you read townhunting as attempts to pocket players?

I'm a firm believer that town players will reveal themselves. Townhunting is largely useless to me because you shouldn't have a lynch 'pool' because as soon as you're incorrect in your town hunting, you lose. Especially for me because I'm very adamant in my choices.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Once again, that is
your
belief, this is largely playstyle and not alignment based, you're being biased towards me because i support a different way of finding/cornering scum which is picking up on things i find genuine in people's posts slap a town label and move on then lynch the left overs.
This however, doesn't mean i won't notice things that i think would be scum motivated, if i do then i'll slap a vote on it, it is just not my main focus.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Okay, then when do you plan to have enough town reads to pick out scum? Remember we are lynching every day.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”