Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by Mirth »

By solid I mean something more than back and forth arguing thats pretty much based off faulty assumptions. I'm just not particularly convinced that there's anything substantially compellingly damning yet. Which I know is probably not good, but I'd rather not be wrong.

As to your question, well, I didn't answer because I don't think it is a coverup, and then I sort of forgot about it while finishing the read. Ive stated the possible WIFOM scenerios entailing a set-up, but I'm more partial to the explanation that the SK probably traced M4yhem through D3sisted's only post. (Though I wouldn't put my money on that. I'm more convinced they're random lurker kills, honestly). I don't think you're tied in any way to either kill, though Kinetic seemed to think so. I'm not sure of his opinions though since they seemed to be based on false premises. I'd actually like to reserve judgement until Kinetic answers some of the stuff I pointed out..
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mirth wrote:Why are you convinced it was used to frame MGM? DeepSouth had two posts. The first post he FOSed you for something you didn't say in regards to the serial killer posting (you didnt correct him). And he voted Raffles for not having posted yet. The second post he unvotes. No connection to MGM whatsoever, why bring it up?
You just did that reread and you dont know I am joking? I never thought the SK was trying to frame MGM. Kinetic is the one that said that...I thought that was crap....It was sarcasm, mostly poking fun at Kinetic who spun the last SK kill as the SK trying to fram MGM..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Sorry, I spent most of the night awake and my sarcasm detector is not at all functional in the wee hours of the morning. What is the point of joking about it though?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Stewie »

uh... get some sleep.

Also, pbpa doesn't mean EVERY post.

Anyways, from my understanding of what you said about my posts, you were confused about them to start, but as you read more of them you started understanding them, correct? Else, I wouldn't mind clarifying any posts I've made.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 am

Mirth wrote:Sorry, I spent most of the night awake and my sarcasm detector is not at all functional in the wee hours of the morning. What is the point of joking about it though?
its cool sarcasm gets lost over the net sometimes..

I joke as more of a jab to Kinetic

(still in a reread)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Stewie: yes, I understand what you were saying. I did every single post because it helps me understand stuff. I would, however, like to hear your opinion of everybody still alive, if you don't mind.

CKD: I get that it was a jab at Kinetic, but what did you hope to gain from it?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:25 pm

Mirth wrote:Stewie: yes, I understand what you were saying. I did every single post because it helps me understand stuff. I would, however, like to hear your opinion of everybody still alive, if you don't mind.

CKD: I get that it was a jab at Kinetic, but what did you hope to gain from it?
honestly I didnt want the town to forget it (Kinetic's silly thoery that sounded like a defense for MGM).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Mgm »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:xyzzy replaces Ninja
That was 6 days ago. Can we have a prod on him, Pooky?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:21 am

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:DeepSouth is killed mercilessly by the Serial Killer!

Which is nice because I was having a helluva time finding a replacement for him.

He was a Townie!

VC:

3 HazzelQ(Kinetic, MGM, Stewie)
2 MGM (CuriousKarmaDog, HazzelQ)
1 Stewie(Raffles)
if this thread does not pick up, we will all be picked off one at a time..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Mgm »

Non-voters:

heatherlou
Mirth
xyzzy (replaces The Deepfried Ninja)

Mirth posted a lot, but apparently feels no need to take control and have a go at lynching scum. heatherlou is just plain lurking and xyzzyy didn't do much more than the Ninja.

MEGAFOS to all of them. If they don't post in the next 36 hours, I implore you all to consider voting them to get em talking.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Mgm »

Actually, make that 24 hours. I don't want to see a no lynch on sunday again.
Show
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Kinetic »

/agree with MGM.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Mirth »

If you feel like voting me, go right ahead, as there is absolutely nothing in my defense that I can say that I haven't already said, and it probably wouldn't pressure me into voting. At the moment, I just do not know where my vote would go. I know where it probably wouldn't go, but that's it. I could tell you that my vote probably isn't going toward Heather, Stewie, or Xyzzy, as I don't see anything to encourage it. It also probably wouldn't go toward Raffles, though I still would like an answer from him about the lurker thing (I also doubt that Raffles is the SK). There's a good chance that it won't go back on MGM at the moment, though it probably could.

So that leaves 3 choices for me. Hazzel, Kinetic, and CKD. As I understand, since there are 9 of us alive, and Hazzel already has 3 votes, it would take 2 votes to lynch. If I were to vote for Hazzel (which I am not convinced that I should), I would not do so until saturday night or sunday morning, as I don't a premature hammer to occur. So if I decide to vote for Hazzel, who I'd say I'm 90% sure isn't the SK for metagaming reasons, it ultimately wouldn't eliminate what I currently think is the more pressing problem.

But it seems that there are only two reasonable bandwagons. One on MGM and one on Hazzel. I will assume that at least two mafia members are voting (if not all three, and the SK as well), and my three main suspects for mafia are on either one or the other bandwagon. I make this assumption because the mafia has the most priviledged information in this game, and thus can afford to vote. (I'm also going to venture the thought that as to Hazzel and Kinetic, I think only one of the two is mafia, though it could be both or neither. I think this because of where Kinetic's vote is, though I definately do not like Hazzel writing him off as a liar or the probably innocent persuasion. I also want that explained.)

Now then, were I to vote immediately, right this very instant, my vote would be heading toward Kinetic. I'm still waiting for Kinetic to explain something though. He never answered Hazzel's accusations of lying. Why? What does he have to say to that?

Is that a good enough answer to you MGM? Also, I really don't see what's so important about you taking your vote off CKD at the beginning of the game that you don't feel like sharing. I'm thinking it could possibly be a bluff, to see who jumps on it the most, but that's the only thing I can come up with. I don't particularly like that, because I know I'm grasping at straws here, and we all know it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, and one more thing, since MGM asked for a vote from all the non-voters, I'd just like to ask each person voting to individually explain why they're voting whomever they are voting (yes I know you all probably have already, but, please, humor me on this) and also explain who they think is most probably the serial killer and/or mafia members.
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:42 am

Post by HazzelQ »

Stewie- I still don't get your point on previous page... It makes no sense to me, maybe I'm just slow.
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 am

Post by heatherlou »

vote: HazzelQ
For mixing up games and generally acting really defensive at the beginning of the questioning. I don't think pointing out the mixing up makes it any less of a scummy move. It wouldn't have gotten by anyway, even if you hadn't pointed it out, especally twice.
Damn right I'm lurking, this game has been nothing but back and forth arguments and I think we just need to lynch cause we're all grasping at straws.
As for other scum, I have no concrete ideas
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Mirth »

heatherlou wrote: Damn right I'm lurking, this game has been nothing but back and forth arguments and I think we just need to lynch cause we're all grasping at straws.
As for other scum, I have no concrete ideas
Then why did you not vote for Hazzel before? Why wait until MGM decided to criticize?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 pm

Mirth wrote:Oh, and one more thing, since MGM asked for a vote from all the non-voters, I'd just like to ask each person voting to individually explain why they're voting whomever they are voting (yes I know you all probably have already, but, please, humor me on this) and also explain who they think is most probably the serial killer and/or mafia members.
been doing some rereading in the game....after reading this post and trying to form a case I find myself thinking that it is not that strong

unvote MGM

I feel like MGM and Kinetic are buddying up to each other...but in the reread it seems like Kinetic is mostly buddying up with MGM (however MGM has had his comments defending Kinetic)...I think that one of the two is scum...but through out the game my biggest problem is actually with Kinetic's play over MGM's....now, it would be silly for me to post a PBP after MGM's, but I think I might have too to display my case...I dont have time at the moment, but I know that we are on a deadline so I will try to get it as soon as possible..

the short of it is, Kinetic seems to be defending and buddying up with MGM..almost like he is mafia and knows that MGM is town..if MGM comes up town, then this might give Kinetic some town cred...

However, I do not think that mafia is our biggest problem right now...that SK is popping us off...(which is a problem for both mafia and town)....I would like to see the MOD say I have prodded so and so...so I can get a clear picture of who is lurking and who isnt...this might take a little metagaming...so I will jump on that first, then look more closely at Kinetic.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I was waiting for more from Hazzel after I made my initial post of thinking Hazzel was scum. I've seen that and didn't realize so much time had gone by since I voted. It looks like I've been waiting forever to make up my mind, when in fact I've had my mind made up. Mgm reminded me I should just vote instead of holding it back.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Raffles »

Mirth: I speak from my rule of thumb that there is at least one or two lurker-scums (either posting or non-posting) in every single game. But rather than going after the lurkers I can hardly get a read at all, I pressed those not really doing much work to speak out. If they are townies, they should be more proactive in the hunt. But I didn't really see that from Stewie, and I still really don't see it at the moment. Hence I voted, and still hold that vote.

By the way, the best hammer strategy would be to hammer really close to the deadline so the SK can't sneak in the extra kill.
Woof!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Sorry about not getting an actual first post in yet; I've had some issues with my computer. I'm on page 6; so far, no one seems extremely scummy. CKD is acting... strange.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

Could you define strange please?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 pm

xyzzy wrote:Sorry about not getting an actual first post in yet; I've had some issues with my computer. I'm on page 6; so far, no one seems extremely scummy. CKD is acting... strange.
strange in page 6??..how so?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I understand what xyzzy is talking about. I felt very similar about CKD at that point.

And Mirth I thought I already addressed that... I didn't lie intentionally. If HQ's entire reason to throw my suspicions in my face is because I made a mistake (something he's done multiple times, yet is surprisingly lax about it), then that is just hypocritical.

In one of those posts I wrote comments similar to both of the ones he quoted. I looked at that and for some reason was convinced that I saw both of them in that post and didn't notice the post before it (even though I thought I looked). I wouldn't intentionally lie about something that is so easily proved false, or at least I would hope you'd think something like that would be just dumb. I'll admit, it was dumb, but I can't see a reason for anyone, regardless of alignment to do that unless it was a mistake. I still feel strongly about HQ being scum enough to vote him.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Stewie »

Mirth wrote:Stewie: yes, I understand what you were saying. I did every single post because it helps me understand stuff. I would, however, like to hear your opinion of everybody still alive, if you don't mind.
1. I don't have an opinion on everyone.
2. I do mind. Giving an opinion on everyone in the game gives the SK more information. He can kill someone people don't find suspicious, since that player would be hard to lynch; they can not-kill someone people do find suspicious, since that someone would be easy to lynch; and they s/he could kill me, if I'm on to them. I generally don't think it's a good idea to offer your opinion on
everyone

Since you asked, and HazzelQ doesn't understand, I'll reiterate what I said last page (ie: my case against HazzelQ).

1. HazzelQ makes a comment which only scum would say, namely she says that we can afford to lose a townie. Someone who is pro-town would also be a townie, and would therefore not say that we can afford to lose a townie, since the same argument could be used against them.
2. She explains this by saying that she confused this game with another game. Fair enough, except...
3. She does it again, this time saying she should RC. Once again, she apologises right after, claiming that she confused this game with another. I don't believe a townie would be careless enough to confuse the games in such a manner twice, and therefore I believe she is scum. Not having the townie PM, she forgets that there are no power roles.
4. Saying that she confused the games before anyone else picked up on it only means that she noticed the mistake before anyone else did, so it's a null tell.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”